May 09 Check in Thursday 14th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Getting us started today!!

Cardio again for me as part of that recovery week..I haven't decided what to do yet...So, I will be back later after I choose and workout..

Talk to you later..

Good morning, Kathy! Does it drive you crazy not having your workouts picked out for you? :D I think it would for me.

I did 4DS LIS cardio only plus yoga abs. Did I say I liked yoga abs? Because if I did, I must have been in some sleep-deprived state or something. I didn't even finish and I didn't feel very worked by it. I have to go back to old fashioned work -- I guess I am just not strong enough for that kind of stuff!

Happy Thursday everyone......

-Beth

Beth: Yes it does..That is why I always follow a rotation and don't sway from it..But, I know this is recovery week. So, it is all cardio. That is what it will be. I was leaning toward maybe IMAX 3. I think there is a good mix on hardcore xtreme I may do.. I want intense. It felt good on Tuesday..Great workout. I kind of liked yoga and pilates abs. I guess the others are so tough that these felt nicer (some anyway)..

Have a great day..

Hello There Ladies.... Happy Thursday :)

Kathy
I love intense cardio here's wishing you an all out sweatfest :)

Beth
Oh 4ds LIS is so much fun I really enjoy the cardio in that series.

I saw your comment from yesterday's post - I thought I was too weepy about my dd's gift but I guess it was okay to feel that way. :eek:

I'll see about getting a photo taken with the new haircut - which I needed badly as my ends were fried :eek: My hair actually looks glossy and feels so lite plus since it's shorter it should be quicker to style it instead of always being in a bun or ponytail. Thankfully for my workouts I was able to put it up in a high ponytail:p still so I still have length

So off I go to say hello to my other Cathe friends before I hit the shower

Take care and be well :)

picture.php

Hey Vilma: Glad you had a great birthday. Sounded fun!!

Checking back...Just finished with Step Blast..I just love that workout. The one I wanted to do from hardcore xtreme had too many weight parts to skip. So, I changed my mind. I may do that one next week with my circuits..

Hey guys -- I'm back (sort of). I almost throttled my labmates this week and I hate it when they put me in a bad mood when I leave work because nothing gets done really. I fell off the horse but I'm trying to catch up to make my 10 wo in 14 days goal. I can't really allow myself to falter if I'm going to make it (it's like procrastination meets exercise regime...great!). To get back on the horse? Got into work late so I could do BM2 (-Abs...its just too long/too hard at that point and I'll just do some pilates work when I get home). It felt really good. At first, I was dreading it and I even was scared of it. I don't care too much for the first combo so I'm pretty good if I can get through it. I did cheat a lot -- near the end of the power circuits and not realizing how much strength I lost since I clearly can't lift as much as I used to. But all in all, I was proud of myself for doing something. Little steps...

Kathy - I was just thinking last night that I should do step blast again since its so much fun! I'm glad you had fun with it.

Beth - you're so funny! I can't do any of the ab work that most of you can...I'm trying to graduate up there at this point but I've been having fun with my yoga-pilates fusion that is easy enough for me to do but I still feel like I did something.

Vilma - hope you had fun birthday yesterday! I love getting haircuts on/near my bday. It makes me feel special. Right now I'm triyng to grow it out long so anything I do is not very dramatic but maybe in a year or two, I'll chop it all off like I did before.

Have fun you all -- I have one of those days where I have to wait several hours before I do anything so I'm just surfing the web...

Hey Girls!

What a freakin day! Too crazy. And stressful. Our refrigerator is dying , I think. Not sure what, but it's 14 yrs old and it's not worth looking into. Things in the freezer are softening up :)mad:) and the outer surface gets VERY hot to touch. weird. Anyways, Dh came home sick, and we had to scramble around for a new frig. Not a good thing to buy "under pressure". I ended up going for my hair appt for 11am, and then off to Sears, BY MY SELF, to buy a frig. I don't think I've ever bought a major appliance by myself. I hope i did ok. With rebates and opening a Sears acct to pay for it, I got $200 off of the bill! It comes to about $400 with delivery and take away. I hope it doesn't break next week! :eek:

I got home, and did Crunch Pilates Burn & Firm w/ Ellen Barrett. I like that workout! I then did Pilates Abs from Kathy Smith Tummy Trimmers. The other 2 Tummy Trimmer workouts weren't too bad, this one kicked my "belly"!

The kids will be home soon. I'm debating on what I should do with the food in the frig.

I'm so discombobbled!! :confused:

Hope to be back later to talk about more than just ME ME ME! :eek:

Chris, I saw the refrigerator comment on fb -- what a bummer! Were you able to save the food? I hope it all works out ok -- great that they are delivering it. I don't think we ever get delivery on stuff like that, but I'm always there with Larry and big vehicle!

Hottie! So good to "see" you here! Good for you on BM2 -- that workout is torture for me. :) But I do like the premixes. How are your feet feeling??? And how's the new house settling in? I need to go look at those pictures on fb!

-Beth

Chris -- oh that must have been stressful! (sounds like a compressor issue but I totally could be wrong) But feel EMPOWERED that you bought it by yourself! You know, Joe doesn't buy a single damn thing himself. He just relies on me to do all the price checking/matching and calculations. They probably told you but don't forget to check with your electricity and gas company to see if you can get an extra rebate from them too. I'm waiting for Memorial Day weekend to buy a washer dryer (we've been driving to our friends' place to use their machines) and we'll see how I do. Joe is being absurdly picky in my opinion but I think I'll come out fine. Ellen Barrett is the one with with weird voice (I think ... at least for yogaish stuff) but I like how I feel afterwards. And talk about you all you want!!

Beth -- My feet are feeling funny. I think I may have to get them checked again but it could just be fatigue too. I've been on my feet a lot more so it just could be that. It's weird because I when I work out, it doesn't bug me at all (even in BM2!). I also think when you're really down and you're in that kind of self-loathing part of depressive bouts (which I definitely decided to plop into these last couple days), your body will start to ache in the different places. As for the home? I think we literally live only in a little over 1/3 of it. And its hilarious because managed to bitch the other day about how everything is further since we got more space. But its nice putting "work" into the home. I really like how my bedroom came out. We're doing our hallway and its looking more "butterfinger" than "pecan" so I'm constantly munching on butterfingers...we are going to put on two more coats and if we still don't like it, we'll just switch colors. We also have to finish the French Drain this weekend (the ditch is dug, we just need to flatten the incline, put the pipe in, and lay the rocks over it). It's definitely feeling more like it's "ours" because it definitely felt like just a bigger rent check at first. I'm sure I'll put up more pictures soon :)

Hi ladies - late check in for me. Busy day - work, meetings and lunch with an old coworker. I worked out this morning - did Taebo Fat Blasting Cardio. It was actually pretty intense!!

Chris, stinkarooney on the fridge!! $400 sounds like a great deal, though. Can you store some of your frozen food in your moms or at a neighbors till the new one comes? Or is it too late? One time one of the kids left the freezer door open in the basement and we wound up treating all the neighbors to a bbq so we wouldn't waste all our defrosed meat.

Hey Hottie - good to see you! Wow, BM2 is so tough - great job! That's more than just doing "something" ;) Did you miss our posts on how a few of us always stop at the planks in most workouts? ;) Don't feel bad about skipping the abs!

Kathy, it is tough to pick a workout when you're not doing a rotation. If I don't have it in my mind what workout I am going to do in the morning, I'll actually wake up in the middle of the night thinking about it and I don't sleep too well. Pathetic, huh? Step Blast is fun. I like it cause I remember I couldn't finish it when I first got it and now I can get through it all. Shows me how far I've come.

Beth, ready for Plyo Legs tomorrow? ;) I haven't really been doing the STS abs, but I do remember the yoga one. I don't think it did too much for me either.

Vilma, wow, what an awesome birthday!! Your family really loves and appreciates you! Your hair sounds adorable. Speaking of haircuts, Caitlyn's has gotten really long - a good foot down her back, maybe more. She has blond/almost white hair. She's been asking for a haircut - I just hate to cut it! I know, it'll grow back. She wants it shoulder length. It'll be much easier to take care of, though. I'll probably take her this weekend.

Busy night tonight - movie night at school, soccer practice and a cub scout meeting. Not sure how we're going to work out the logistics of all this.

Have a great evening all!

Joanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.