May 09 Check in Monday 11th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Recovery week for me this week. So, it is all cardio. Today I would like to run. But, I hear rain outside. Maybe if it stops. Otherwise, I will pick a video or hop on the elliptical..

Good morning Kathy & all the gals that follow!

Today is Lean Circuit 3 and a short cardio.

Had a lovely weekend and family took me out for dinner last night & I left that bread bowl w/ butter alone!

I ended up having steamed veggies, a house salad w/ oil & vinegar on the side then a nice grilled Tilapia - yumm but I did have a small shot glass of dessert and a mixed drink soooo reason for the cardio :rolleyes: :p

It looks like rain here also and the temps have dropped.

Have a great run Kathy if you can manage it before the rain comes down.

Take Care and Be Well

Oh who has seen the new Star Trek movie? We saw it on Friday and I really liked it - I thought it is very good.

picture.php

Hi Kathe & Vilma and all! Happy Monday, I guess. It was hard to wake up today!

Vilma, sounds like you had a great day yesterday and I think you did fine at dinner!! Doubt I will see the Star Trek movie unless you think little kids who've not seen the show would enjoy it.

There is a faint bit of moon left outside my window now -- it's really pretty.

I did Powerstrike 5 this morning -- it was a little frustrating. She's so good at giving form pointers, and I think she could really improve my form, except that she goes soooooo fast it's really hard to have the good form and get a good workout. It's only the second time I've done it and I looked back at the hrm numbers for the first time and I definitely got a better heart workout the last time, for whatever that's worth. I added on 200 kbell swings, cause I felt like I had to! :confused:

I really like the weekends. I'm not sure I'm ready to face this week.

Hope you enjoy your workouts!

-Beth

Hi ladies. Hope you all had wonderful Mother's Days!! I'll have to go back and read the weekend's post, I was only able to skim a bit this weekend.

The kids made me breakfast in bed. DH took him mom out to breakfast, so they were on their own. As I lay upstairs pretending to be asleep I hear them fighting. So much for my mother's day wish of all love and no fighting! ;) They come up with a stack of chocolate chip waffles covered in peanut butter and topped with sausage, with caramel syrup on top. Let me tell you, sausage and peanut butter should not ever be on a plate together. I did manage to get a few bites down! It was nice of them, but they forgot to wake up Caitlyn to help. So she gets up and has a total meltdown because she didn't get to make me anything. I took my mom out to lunch later that day. I was not as good as Vilma! I had shrimp tetrazini. Yum! Very creamy, though, so I know it was bad. But I actually only ate about 1/4 of it, so not too bad.

Workouts - I did take Tully on a run Saturday. I think it qualified as interval training. Ten minutes of running - one minute of pooping and picking it up (Tully, not me! ;)) - ten minutes of running - stop to pee (again, Tully, not me) - five minutes of running - one minute of poop again. ;) - more running, more peeing. Beth, I did see your suggestion of taking her for a bit and then going back out without her. That's a great idea. I do love going with her, she loves it and she doesn't ask for much!! I didn't get to do STS on Sunday - I was waiting for my breakfast in bed. ;) So, I made that a rest day, although I did play soccer with the boys in the backyard.

Beth, I've done that Powerstrike and found it frustrating, too. If I remember right I couldn't follow her punches - I kept getting lost. I did Shoulder, triceps and biceps this morning. It was good, but again, so long!! Are you sore today? I'm starting to feel it a bit. My shoulder is OK - it was sore for a couple days after the chest and back workout - like I pulled something. I did feel it on the shoulder work today, though, so I went a bit lighter.

Kathy, hope the rain holds off for you!

Today was crazy hair day at school. Ian put about 10 tiny little ponytails in his hair. He said he knows the girls will all be pulling them out. ;) Colin put two little devil horns in the back - kind of fitting! Caitlyn had one big ponytail on the top of her head and two small ones. DH wanted to spray them all black, but I wouldn't let him. We're supposed to go see the Hannah Montana movie after school since they have a half day.

Waves to everyone else....

Joanne

Joanne, I am sore -- shoulders more than anything, but I felt the triceps as I stretched them this morning, too. I expect the soreness will get more so as the day goes on.....

-Beth

Woot my package from DH just got in !

I got Turbo Jam Yay! It was supposed to be here on Friday but it was rescheduled for today. My oldest dd is doing the Learn & Burn as I type - seems I'll be sharing it ;)

I also rec'd my mother's birthday gift so I can order my own copy of Chalean Extreme hopefully by next month since DH & I have our 21st Wedding Anniversary maybe he'll foot the rest for it - keeping my fingers crossed :)

Beth
We took our youngest DD with us to see Star Trek and she liked it but didn't understand why dh & I were laughing in certain parts like Bones' favorite saying "Good God Man!" DH wants to go see it again tomorow :rolleyes:

I used to have Powerstrike but traded that one off years ago - it just didn't 'jive' with me... They focused so much on Illaria's sweaty armpits :confused: and it just wasn't fun for me.

Joanne
aww how sweet the kids made you breakfast too bad they forgot to get their lil sis involved. Hmmm saugage & peanut butter? :eek: Funny! I'm not a saugage gal but I lurves me some peanut butter which I don't eat anymore because since I stopped eating it I've lost 6 pounds lol w/ CLX man I love PB wish I could have self control over that but found out its a bad trigger if I just have a small spoonful :eek:

Big Happy Hellos to Chris & Hottie!

Later gals I'm off to check out my new dvds and the gloves :)

picture.php

Hey Girls!!

Quick stop in before I get in a shower before the boys come home... Ugh... Oldest, Zach, was supposed to stay after for Jazz Band practice, and he "forgot"..just walked in the door. :mad: They have practice every day this week because they're having a competion on Thursday. Oh I could kill him!!

Well I must have made an impression on my 2 younger boys yesterday, they both had made me cards apologizing for being "poops" on Mothers Day! LOL! Jake (7) wrote " Sorry Mom for rushing you out the door. Sorry. And I'm sorry for staying outside win im supposed to be inside saying Happy Mothers Day"

So anyhow, it's a busy Monday for me, though not AS busy since I don't have to pick zach up from Jazz Band practice!! ...

I did CTX: Step & Intervals. Not sure I've ever done this one before! It was fun! Kind of like a mini "Step Blast"! :) And then I did Total Body Stretching: #1. I love the stretch, it does a lot for lower body. And for some reason my legs are really tight and sore.

Kathy: Did you get a run in? I have runs on my schedule for this week for sure! What are you going to do next week? Did you figure it out yet?

Vilma: Sounds like a nice weekend/Mom's Day! Good meal out! WOOT WOOT! For TJ!!! You're going to like it and I know you'll be wanting more!! Did you get more than the first TJ set? (Learn & Burn, 20 Minute Workout, Cardio party and Ab Jam?) . I'm green with envy on your 6 lbs lost!! , but sounds like you earned it! Did I know we've been married the same amount of time? Our 21st is this month too, on the 28th! Pretty cool!!

Beth: Sorry Powerstrike wasn't all that for you. I hate workouts like that! Who does that one?

Joanne: Your Mother's Day breakfast sounds like fun! Oh God, I so understand the jealous fit your Caitlyn had. My boys would SOOOO do that!! LOL @ your "interval poop/pee run"!!! But , hey, it works!! Crazy hair day sounds like fun, hope you got pictures!

Guess I'll put off my shower until the other boys get home. Oh plus, Zach's blood sugar is sky high. We were just talking this weekend at work how we "stress eat" and I was talking about how Zach's wacky sugars make me so crazy. I need to find some other way to relax. Oh, and when I went for my Gastro appt last week, my blood pressure was 124/82. I know that sounds ok, but I usually run LOW (90's/60's). Just goes to show you how stress can mess you up even if you eat (mostly) healthy and exercise. *sigh*

SOrry to babble, just doing some random thinking/typing.... BBL!!

Hi everyone..

Checking in with 60 minutes on the elliptical..No run today. But, I am hoping to get one this week..turned out to be a pretty nice day. Although it started out not so nice!

Chris: I was thinking next week that I would do circuits on MWF and maybe an IMAX on Tuesday and a little easier cardio on Thursday...What have you decided on? That was sweet your boys made "sorry" cards. My kids were ok on Monther's Day. Can't complain about them too much. They made me crafty things...a decorated mug and paper flowers. So cute!!

Vilma: Congrats on getting Turbo Jam..Enjoy it. That was a birthday gift right? Or was it Mother's Day? Haven't seen the Star Trek...Looks good though.

Joanne: Poor Caitlyn not getting to help with the breakfast. That was sweet that they did it for you though. Not sure about those combos either!! But, it was the thought. Too funny about the pooch! That is why I do not like taking Buddy with me to run. He stops at everything! Then he gets lazy and doesn't want to do anymore..How was the movie?

Beth: The weekends go by so fast! Dont they? During ball season it really flies by..I am interested in kettlebells. You and Vilma are the experts What is the best one? I may look into it. I got Amy Bento's absolute beginners 3 in 1 kettlebell from netflix and it looked good. Now, I need a kettlebell. Do you think I could use a dumbbell with the workout until I make that purchase or is it not as effective?

I'm back -- Joanne, your post was really funny -- I guess I didn't really comment on it because I was at work and so not in such an enjoying mood. It was kind of stressful, actually.

Vilma, the powerstrike I did was 5, which just came out in the last maybe six months or so, so no sweaty armpits. :) Chris, it's by Ilaria Monta-somethingItalian...... :p

Kathy, on kettlebells -- do you have a gym nearby where you could go and try them and get a lesson? I would strongly encourage that if it's available -- just to get a feel for it. If you really want to do them, you should get a kettlebell and not try with dumbbells. As for videos.... I'm not a huge fan of them, but I would say the Lauren Brooks or the Anthony/Beth (sorry, I forget the name right now) are probably the best, but Vilma should chime in here, because I think she's used the dvds more than I have. As I have mentioned, I mostly just swing with my ipod in different patterns I have come across on the internet.

gotta go.... boys arguing......

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.