May 09 Check in Friday 22nd

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies....

Getting us started for today...My workout will be IMAX 3..I am looking forward to sweating like crazy with that one!! Not much else going on today except cleaning the house. Lauren has a softball game tonight..

Hope everyone has a great day. Be back later..

Ooooh, imax 3 -- that'll be fun!!!

Good morning everyone and happy Friday! I'm so so so so so so so happy it's Friday! Larry woke me up at 3:30am and I couldn't go back to sleep for a half hour -- almost got up! Well, when my alarm went off at 4:50 I was so tired and just wanted to stay in bed and realized this is what it's like for Hottie in the mornings. That's tough! Usually I just bounce out of bed. Anyway, stayed in bed for ten minutes and the only thing that got me up -- besides not wanting to screw up my workout days -- was the idea of using lighter weights for plyo legs. I did that and it's a keeper! I have shakey legs, so, yeah, maybe I can go heavier but maybe this is good enough! This was definitely the most fun I've had with any of the plyo legs workouts. I used 15s mostly, but for a couple of things went to 20 and 25. Of course 8s where Cathe said 8. Chris & Kathy, I thought about you guys during those one legged squat thrusts!! Joanne, how was it for you?

Looking forward to sleeping a little later for three days! And then just a couple of weeks of school left, but they are going to be crazy busy with parties, award ceremonies, talent show, thank you party, etc., etc.

Oh..... Travis got sent to the principal's office yesterday! A first in our household. His class was in the computer lab and he was typing up a story they were working on when another class had to come in to use it, so they got bumped out. He said "this sucks" and whatever teacher was there (not his) did not stand for that! He really thought he did nothing wrong, because "it did suck that he couldn't finish". I told him it was sort of like speeding -- people speed all the time when they are driving, but when they get a ticket, they have to pay the consequences. Then I realized I was making speeding sound like an ok thing to do and my brain fast forwarded to him as a 16-18 year old with a license and I backpedalled! He wrote a nice long letter of apology that he has to take to the principal this morning. They don't always catch things at that school, but if they do, man, they don't put up with it! Now if only they caught some of the stuff that goes on during recess...... (Kathy, see what fun you're missing? ;)).

Have fun, chiquitas!

-Beth

Hi ladies!!

Kathy, Imax3 scares me! After Plyo Legs, I could probably handle it though! I have to clean house big time this weekend. It's the first time in a long while we have no soccer games, so I have no excuses.

Beth, be careful with that shoulder! It might be best to wait till Monday to do the next B,T, Sh. You can still do Chest and Back on Wednesday and be on track. I was up early, too. Caitlyn was thirsty at 4:30 and I couldn't go back to sleep. I finally got up around 5:00 and did Plyo Legs. Wow! I loved it today. How does Cathe come up with these things? One-legged squat thrusts were brutal! I could only do about 7-8 on each side and they weren't pretty. I liked the low plane lunge squat things, too. I used 15s and a 20 in a couple places. Did you ever notice one of the guys is using a teeny tiny weight, maybe 8 or 10 pounds, and Cathe and the other girls have these big clunky weights for a couple of the exercises?! I laugh every time I see that. I also did the waist and abs work from Squeeze Stronger. Good stuff!

We've got a busy couple of weeks left of school, too. Lots of picnics, award ceremonies, etc., too. Oh and Caitlyn's kindergarten celebration. I'm afraid I'm really going to lose it there! It's going to be so emotional - I love the teacher and this is our last "baby" going through kindergarten. But, mostly because of how far Caitlyn has come. At the beginning of the year she was facing surgery, did great, but was out for a long time. She made it through the year and is doing fabulous - she's reading and writing at a high level. I'm so proud of her.

Beth, sounds like your school is tough! That's great - but poor Travis!

Everyone have a great long weekend - I'm sure I'll be back though. ;)

Joanne

Hey Girls!

I finished up Cardio & Weights a little bit ago. Funny thing is "Buttercup" is NOT playing over and over in my head, but that little ditty they playfor the ab work IS. :eek: ... Overall, seems like one of the easier circuits, (but never EASY!), I think because there's not so much lower body work. Which is fine with me, I woke up in the middle of the night with wicked charley-horse cramps in my thighs and calves. Holy crap, those hurt! Not sure if it was from my run yesterday or what. ... I'm glad I got that in today. My life is pretty much in limbo. I'm waiting for the refrigerator Sears repairman (heyyyy , maybe I'll get a shot!?!?. They gave the time frame as between 8a and 5p. Oh thanks so much for THAT!!! :mad:

Kathy:
clap.gif
for IMAX3! Yes, yes you will sweat! have fun! Your day otherwise sounds like mine! Cleaning for me and laundry...

Beth: OMG, why did DH wake you up in the middle of the night??? Hope you wacked him hard! ... I think using lighter weights for the plyos is fine too. I do NOT miss those one legged thrust thingies at ALL! :eek::eek: Hey, sorry about your son's trip to the Principal's office. I do know what that phone call feels like!! .. How is your shoulder feeling today? And your glute got rolled out? You sure have had your fill of company this month! ..

And oh , my turkey/cheese burger was delish!!! ... I did end up dipping into the Fluff jar last night. Oh , I don't know why... It was a long day. I'm so paranoid of "germs" I swear. DH started having "diarrhea", and all I could think of was him getting the severely contagious and debilitating C Diff diarrhea from antibiotics. ... I didn't want to use the bathroom last night! (sorry if THAT'S TMI! LOL!). And everyone in my house is coughing and sneezing and germy, ick ick ick! go away germs! That's what caused the Fluff incident! yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Joanne: Peanut is a cute name for a kitty. I bet he's precious. I can see why you can't resist him!! Your kids must love him too. ..

Okay, on to my day. Of laundry, cleaning, bill paying, ... I also have a day of worry, because Zach is at his 7th grade band field trip at Six Flags all day. I just don't see him being responsible with his blood sugar and cell phone (aka water park!!) and all his Diabetes supplies. I can only pray he and all of it makes it home safely at 6pm tonight!!:eek: AND that I can hide that jar of Fluff really good from myself!! :eek::eek:

Chris, I hadn't even seen your post with Bart when I posted of fb -- great minds think alike, or something.....

Joanne, so it wasn't just me with plyo this morning, eh? It did seem more fun to me -- I thought it was just my choice of weights -- and yes, I laugh at those boys with their girly weights -- even my boys notice! And did you notice the bad form one of them has for the side lunges? She even says "it's not a squat". Oh well!!

Oh and yes, I meant to say -- that kitty sounds adorable! No matter what it's name is. I hope your allergies don't bother you -- that was a totally crazy story about your parents taking you to the cat place as a kid!!!

Chris, is your head better? I had a bad eating day yesterday, too -- maybe it was in the air again -- I had been doing a lot better. So, back to the straight and narrow today......

I do not know why larry woke me up in the middle of the night -- he actually wacked me, I didn't wack him. I don't know if he was asleep, but his arm came sort of crashing down on me. I woke up with a little sleep-scream, and he was awake then, but maybe I woke him up. It was one of those strange moments!! I do get very mad at him when he wakes me up, because I always have a hard time getting back to sleep, but it's partly because I'm mad at him and it's just one big ugly self-fulfilling prophecy......

I hope all goes well at Six Flags today -- don't worry too much!!

gotta get some work done....

-Beth

Chris, OK, I am so slow today!! I didn't get the Bart guy for the refigerator repairman. I kept thinking, hmm, she used that for Beth's DH comment yesterday and then you were saying maybe you'd get a shot - I'm thinking a shot in your butt like at the doctors office. :) I was like, whaaat??? Now, I get it - it's plumber's butt, right? ;) Oh, I hope you don't get a glimpse either!! Ick!! They're never nice-looking butts, either, are they? I thought you got a new fridge - are you having the old one fixed? I hate waiting around for service people. You can't do anything cause you have to stay put. I'm sure everything will go fine at Six Flaggs, but I know I would worry too. Heck, I worry when they're out of my sight even without all that extra stuff to worry about! I'm paranoid too when everyone else is sick. Ian now has a sore throat and fever - I can't catch it before Monday, I won't be able to run. DH took him to the doctor and they said it's not strep, so that's good.

Beth, I've whacked DH a few times in my sleep, too. I always plead innocence! But, I've been whacked, too - no fun!! I know, I'm suprised the "boys" used those girlie weights! Didn't know they'd be on film to be seen over and over again?

Off to eat lunch....

OSIF! I had nightmares last night. :( Oh the dog's old father I guess was giving me a bit of crap about how to take care of the dog and we got a little testy with each other (there was sort of a moment of, dude, I've been around dogs longer than you have and I don't have alpha-male problems...) but I dreamed that I couldn't take care of her. Anyway, I did C&W this morning -abs while Joe was on the elliptical. I wake up early I just can't get out of bed which is just annoying. The workout sort of sucked though...until the very end of it but even then it wasn't so great. I had that hormone issue where I wasn't sweating right so my internal body temp just kept on rising and my internal AC wouldn't turn on. I was glad to be done it and that I did it but C&W is what turned me onto Cathe so I'm always a bit sad when it doesn't go that well...

Kathy -- Imax3! Eeek. I have to take another stab at that one again. What a way to end the work week!

Beth -- you see NOW you clearly channelled me in the morning. Poor thing. Travis's story actually makes me think of something that clearly affected me when I was in middle school. I said something just like him, "well, that just sucks" and I don't even think sucks is all that bad of a word and the teacher just came down on me in front of the whole class. But the thing was, the male students before (and after this) had said it without any problem but he was yelling at me because it was inappropriate for me as "A YOUNG GIRL" and that "GIRLS" shouldn't use that language. Never forgot that. Now, I curse like a sailor.

...so what I'm saying is that there's no hope for Travis. :)

Joanne -- don't cry too much at Caitlyn's thing! It must be exciting though at the same time. Sounds like you're super busy but remember to make time for US. :) And btw -- I agree with you that your story is perhaps the most traumatic testing of cat allergy story I've ever heard of.

Chris -- it's ok that you had fluff...I ate past seven yesterday even though I swore not to. Man, I loved Six Flags when I was younger. The one in NJ is Great Adventure and it has a drive through safari which my husband didn't believe me until I proved it to him with the website (and he's still frankly doubtful). The one we have around here is Magic Mountain but I don't think I've gone to it in ten years. Maybe I'll go during the 4th of July weekend. I thought you were getting a new fridge so why do you need the repairman? Or is this is something new I missed? And I HOPE you don't have to see a butt crack...

We're making this into a 4day long weekend though its bogus for me since I'm probably going to drop in everyday for a little bit. Joe's taking Tuesday off so Evee can get used to us and get her acquainted to a new pooping/peeing schedule and us. Our anniversary is Thursday so we're using this 4day weekend hopefully as US time but I doubt its really going to work that way...

Ohh, this is going to be a useless day. Sure, I'll get some stuff done but I'm way too antsy about the dog (and I'm going to call my niece cuz its her bday!)...

Hey Girls!

My fridge guy came! It's our NEW fridge that needed fixing. After about 3 days it started making this low rattling noise when it ran. It was like a dripping faucet! ..so annoying. OMG, you guys, this fridge repairman was SOOO nice, an older black guy, that was just so sweet and friendly, I wanted to ask him to stay for supper!! :eek: Anyways, he knew exactly what to do, put a "sound reducer" around the culprit. He said that this happens all the time with this model. Oh, and no butt crack!! Which is ok!! :eek:

Joanne: We must have posted at the same-ish time!... I have definitely noticed the guys using a TINY weight and the poor form! Just makes ya go "Hmmm" , I'm surprised Cathe let them have bad form!!! Oh I know, it's a heartbreaker when they graduate from Kindergarten. I'm the same way with jake, he's my youngest. Last year he had THE nicest K teacher too. OMG, she just went out of her way for those kids, did ALL kinds of fun things, and wrote this heartwrenching "goodbye" letter to them at the end of the year! I miss her!! :( .... OMG, YES! Plumber's butt, but it's when the fridge guy bends down to look at the fridge... HELLOOO Mr Moon!! :eek: ... Thanks for saying you're neurotic about your kids when they're away and germs AND for being cold all the time!! Makes me feel like I'm not totally nutso!... I also agree about the tramatic cat allergy story! holy crap Joanne! THAT is nuts! I'm surprised you're not tramatized by kitties now!! LOL!

Beth: LOL @ Bart remark!!! Yes, my headache responded well to the sudafed and advil, thank GOD. I hate headaches because when I get them, they never go away. I was so lucky. That is a weird wake-up story, Beth! Makes me happy I sleep alone 5 out of 7 nights a week (and one day!). Mostly thankful, because *I" suck to sleep with . I'm very restless and toss and turn.

Hottie: Oh no about the dog nightmare!!! No wonder you couldn't get into your workout. We BOTH did C&W, but I had a MUCH better experience. the music I love the most without a doubt! at you cursing like a sailor. You know, my parents NEVER ever said the F word in my house (my mom still cringes). I use it quite frequently too :eek: When I'm amongst friends, watch out!

HEY HEY HEY!!!..when is your anniversary??? Greg and I celebrate our 21st Wedding Anniversary on Thursday!! May 28th!!!

We need to hook up for dinner and drinks and swearing like truckers and sailors!!!

Chris -- how funny! Yep, we have two anniversaries since we had two weddings. The indian wedding with 300+ people was May 28th and then we had, I suppose, a legally binding civil wedding in the bahamas (just the two of us) on June 2nd but we think of the May 28th one as our real anniversary. How cool! This is our 4th anniversary. And yeah, my father curses a ton and always had and mom never did growing up. I curse around my mother but never around my father -- in fact, I have this game where I try to encourage her to say bad words. Like, she'll say, "so, its just terrible" and I correct her and say, "you mean, f***ing terrible. go on, say it" just to watch her blush. I dunno -- I find it very liberating and frankly, I never curse AT anyone only WITH people which I think is fine. I think if you're cursing AT someone you're really disrespecting them. But yeah, when I have enough alcohol in me, its like a cursing river though I'd like to think a funny one...just come out to LA and you can see for yourself... :)

Hottie: That does sound familiar now that you tell me again!! You having 2 dates, and one being the same as ours. My brain is mush most of the time for remembering things! LOL!

Funny you try to get your mom to swear!!!:p

Ug! I keep having trouble with this forum -- anyone else?

Joanne, I'm going to be very sorry to say good-bye to Dylan's teacher this year, too -- he has had her two years in a row (K & 1) and she is so great. Going to be tough to adjust to someone new!

Hottie, I just made a really rude comment on your fb and now I'm regretting it -- hope I didn't offend you!!

Chris, I cannot believe your new frig is already broken! That's nuts!!! Nice that you had a nice repair man.

Larry swears like it's just another word -- that old joke about the f word being any part of speech you want it to be -- that's him. It'll be interesting to see how the boys' language patterns end up. The difference between Larry's swearing and mine is that his is just part of his speech pattern and mine is almost always done in anger. Hmmmm, wonder who is more in the wrong here? :eek:

Ok, I need to be outside -- it's so perfect out right now! Oh, my knee is hurting a little today after plyo -- that does not bode well for shock cardio nor insanity. :confused:

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.