May 08 Check in Tuesday 20th

ShyWolf

Cathlete
So how is everyone doing with the May rotation?

3rd week already and feeling good. I want to say that I see some increase in strength.

PS Legs & Abs on schedule for me today but will have to do it this afternoon as my morning is booked with my doctor's appointment and looking for a realtor to help us see what we need to do to sell outr house here.

Yesterday the hubby and I went to a new wonderfully secluded community to see the model house we want to have built and we already saw the lot we would like to have our home built on .

Can you say drool and foaming at the mouth? LOL I can not wait to get this done already.

Granted my almost 16 yr old son was not happy and cried about the idea of moving :(. He is slow to warm up and very shy - this year he finally decided to become more social and has made many friends and now we yank that security rug right from under him.

My husband is driving 1 1/2 hours one way to work and its becoming tiring for him and not to mention how much I worry because he has had a couple of times almost fallen asleep driving home.

We are looking at this coummunity which is just 15 minutes drive from his job.

Oy! I talk too much lol

Have an awesome day ladies and I will try to get on here later on :)

Hi Everyone!

Hey Vilma!

I'm definitely seeing some increase in strength for me from this rotation. Also some increased definition in my upper body. My lower body is stronger, and my jeans might be a wee bit looser, but it's my tough spot, so not so much as upper.

I just finished PS: Legs & Abs for the first time. I screwed up and ended up doing TWO warm-ups, because I did the wrong one. Oh well...

The workout itself was ok. Not as tough as other lower body workouts, but some tough spots. I placed ankle weights on my thighs for the body bar work, and REALLY burned on inner & Outer. Maybe I can up my weight next week when i do this one again.

How exciting about selling and building a new home, Vilma! I can understand your son's reluctance though>... But with selling and building, it won't be for a while?

Off to get some errands done... They seem endless, don't they?

Have a good workout, everyone...
BBL..

~Chris

Good morning! Well, still morning here....

I did L&G this morning since I don't have PS. My goal for this rotation was to finally stick with a rotation for a month, but as you know, I've failed again. :) Oh well. At least I didn't switch up just on a whim.

Becca, you were curious about the dr. appt. I had yesterday.... they took a biopsy of my thyroid -- most likely nothing, but because it has gotten pretty big, I guess that's what they do.

Very exciting about the possibility of a new house, Vilma. And, yes, your husband definitely needs a shorter commute!! How long would it take to get it built? We looked for years -- literally years because we looked everywhere from the bay area, to Boulder, CO, to Bend, OR, to Victoria, BC. Crazy. We are very happy where we finally ended up.

Endless errands, Chris? ....... yes, definitely.....

-Beth

Well it's not my regular time to workout but I am done with PS Legs & Abs.

I definitly will need to go up in weight when I do this one again.

I used my old 10.5 # barbell as the bodybar and that I did feel in the floorwork portion.

As far as finding a realtor hubby knows of someone so he is going to contact him soon, in the mean time we are going into ruthless mode and getting rid of stuff we don't like or love in this house. We both want to get new furniture.

The house floor plan we decided on has four bedrooms on the second level along with a nice loft, the 1st level has a family room connected to the kitchen nook and it also has a formal living room and dining room. So we will have 3 different areas for a family/ living room and two areas to put a nice sized dining table.

Regardless we are moving but we need to get this house on the market. I spoke to the lady who is showing the model homes and she said if we get a contingency contract now the house can be ready by late October if we wait a few weeks it'll be more towards November. So towards the end of the year.

My girls are ok with the move but our son has always had difficulty when we move; my hubby just retired from active duty military service after 22 yrs.

We know once we move and get settled he will find a routine again, but it was so hard seeing how upset he was when my husband told him the news that we decided to relocate closer to my husband's job. It'll be so much better since hubby's commute will be short and that'll give him more time to be home with us.

Well I hope everyone is enjoying the day :)

Hi ladies!!

Vilma: I felt those exercises on the floor too. I total understand the commute issue too. My hubby was commuting about an hour or so with traffic. He now has a new job with a better commute...Good luck with the new house and selling the current house. Hope your son adjusts when the time comes..

Chris: I know the PS aren't as tough as the Gym styles or slow & heavy. But, they are great workouts. And Cathe does such great form pointers in the workouts. It is worth it for that alone..I always go heavy like I would for S&H... OH the errands!! We are all saddled with those!!!:)

Hi everyone else...Rotation is going great so far. Tomorrow is Step, jump & pump and then a rest day...I did get to run last night while I watched my daughter's softball game. I was happy that I did 2 miles in a little less than 20 minutes. I am working on a better time. But, I was thrilled with that since I just started with tackling the running. I mapped out a little course by my house to practice and got some more running in while the kids ride their bikes or something. I would love for Lauren to pick up running and join me. I think it would be such fun and she could use the exercise like all of us!!

Talk to you later...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.