May 08 Check in Tuesday 13th

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Good Morning my fellow check in pals lol

Just getting us started :)

GS Legs on schedule for me today and its a grand day!

It's my 41st birthday :7 and the sun is shining brightly!

Enjoying my birthday this am with a great cup of coffee and off to get started on the day.

Will check in later once I'm done with GS Legs.

Here's hoping my calves don't get so much DOMs like last week when I did this workout :eek: :p }(

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VILMA!!!!

I didn't think I would get on here before you to wish you a happy birthday.. I hope you have the best day..

I will be tackling Maximum Intensity Cardio today.

Happy Birthday, Vilma!!!! I hope it's a great one!

I am doing B&G today instead of GS Legs. I have some serious DOMS in my biceps after yesterday! YIPPPEEE!! I love that feeling, makes me feel like I worked hard.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, all!

Happy Birthday Vilma!! Yes, do have a wonderful day!!

I decided it might be good to do a week of cardio -- my upper back is still bothering me -- rats! I did low max -- haven't done it in a while and had a lot of fun with it.

have a great day, everyone!!

-Beth

~*~**~*~*HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VILMA!!!!!~*~*~*~*~*~

You can't help but get all happy on your birthday, right? Hope you enjoy every single minute of it!!

I just got done doing GSL.... I think I actually felt a TINY bit stronger on some of the moves. My legs didn't burn quite as bad on the slow low level lunges, and I even eeked out a few one legged pull-ins on the ball!! (i've been modifying by doing all of them 2-legged!). So YAY for me!

I'm contemplating doing a run... or maybe I should really transfer some plants I bought 2 weeks ago and have ignored!! I'm so bad! I'm also loading up my iPod with my favorite running songs, which is taking a while.

Becca: I understand you missing a type of workout and not wanting to do kickbox again! LOL! I feel that way about running. I want to work it in MORE somehow. Hey... sorry your daughter had the pukies! I can SO relate to being the mom of a child that's throwing up and feeling horrible! !!!

Beth: I went back to read your late post from yesterday. I think substituting something healthier is a great plan (let me know what you think of the dark choc. chips on hot oatmeal! I sometimes add a little Sugar Free Maple syrup too, if i need *sweet*!). I do feel that way about baked goodies and sweets. But the uncontrollable feelings usually come from stress issues. I can NOT say no to stuff like that at work, for instance. Being an RN, and being at high stress levels most of the time, chocolate anything helps me cope! BAD, I know. The only way to for me to not indulge is, to have it NOT be there. .... Low Max is intense on the lower body! I miss that one! Good workout today!!

Kathy: You GO on MIC!! I saw that coming up on the rotation, and I'm already getting queasy about it! LOL!!

Okay, off to get something accomplished today!!...

BBL..

~Chris

Hi All!

GS Legs is done for today actually I finished it early on this morning.

Added some ball roll outs for my core after I was done w/ GSL. Was thinking of adding on a 30 min. run but decided that tomorrow I'll go all out and crank it up a couple of notches with my 60+ min run instead. Today I just want to relax a bit and start reading my new book.

I ended up taking out my old padded 'The Firm' barbell for the cushion when I did squats. I can't even remember when I last used that bar since I got my Troy Lite bar over 6 years ago lol.

I also used my purple dynaband instead of the green one. I noticed last week while doing GS Legs band work that I could've gone up on my resistance so today out came the purple band... I definitely felt a big difference and wow it got inside those muscles good }( :p

Thanks all for the birthday well wishes :7 , since my birthday & Mother's Day always seem to be a combo celebration here at my house ... I had some ColdStone Creamery Coffee House cake on Sunday and today its nice and quiet. I'm actually doing some laundry lol.

I'll have a sweet treat tomorrow after I get my very 1st mammogram done.

I'm a bit nervous about that since I've heard how it hurts so I'm not sure I'm looking forward to getting my poor gals squished like pancakes here, then next week I go in for my annual ugh I hate those type of doctor's appointments [font color=#D16587]ick![/font]

[font color=#87AFC7]Kathy:[/font]

So how was MIC? I think it's been well over 1 1/2 yrs since I've done that one - major cardio sweatfest as I remember

[font color=#87AFC7]Becca:[/font]

Yay! for bicep DOMS lol, I was planning on doing B&G also but decided to stick with the plan :p

[font color=#87AFC7]Beth:[/font]

Continue listening to your body , its telling you what it needs and good for you on resting your back!

Glad you had fun w/ LM :)

[font color=#87AFC7]Chris:[/font]

ITA with you about feeling a bit stronger doing GS Legs I felt I could've gone with with weights and resistance too.

I was actually thinking of using 8 # on the slow & low lunges and marked my workout book to increase next time I do it again.

LoL good for you on the one legged pull ins - they are not easy! Towards the end of those my lower back got a bit tender from keeping myself up high ;)

Hi ladies:

Checking in with MIC step...That is one tough workout!!

I finally got photos uploaded to the computer. So, I thought I would share some.

communion.jpg

commchrisme.jpg

chriscomm.jpg

Kathy Look at you ! So pretty, I like that color lipstick !

And your family is lovely!

Thanks for sharing :7

Thanks Vilma...It was a not so good hair day...But, it wasn't about me. It was Chris' day to shine...

Kathy!

First of all High-5's for getting MIC done!!! I know that baby is TOUGH and neverending!!

Secondly.. What great pictures! You are SO pretty!! You have a nice looking family... and what is it with those angelic looks when they make their First Communion? Chris looks so serene and sweet! (and very handsome in his suit!

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed *seeing* you and your family..

~Chris

Thank you Chris..You just made my day..I know, those angelic faces are so sweet. I think the Lord had some influence there:)

Kathy, look how GORGEOUS you are! What a beautiful family and your son looks perfectly handsome! Fabulous pictures, thanks for sharing!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.