May 08 Check in Thursday 15th

ShyWolf

Cathlete
What an absolutely wonderful day to say hello to you all!

Just completed itread 20 30m following with a nice 30m stretch!

Boy I feel GREAT! Must be those endorphins, I love starting out my day this way and dawn is finally breaking lol :7

Cardio portion of today's rotation is done and now I'm off to get my kids up for school.

I still have GS CT to do once I get back from dropping them off and will use my new perfect pushups :)

Have an absolutely fantastic day!

Will peek in later on ;)

Becca just saw your post from last night, I am so glad I got this new itreads and a fantabulous deal I got some good itreads and did one of my new ones this morning - I'm still on that runner's high :p

Good Morning!!

hey early bird, Vilma!!

I have a busy morning planned, helping out at my 8 year old's classroom, and then running out to my mom's to give her a belated Mother's Day gifts. Probably will run to "Steve & Barry's" while we're out there. I LOVE that store!

My afternoon workout is going to be GS:C&T, and then a 20 minute cardio. I'd love to make it a run, but depending on the weather and/or my time allowance, it might be 20 Minute Turbo Jam.

Becca: Sorry! I don't know why I read your post as your SON having Diabetes. Ahhhh... Adults are actually so much harder than kids to have diabetes. They are stubborn and set in their ways. There are SOOo many awful complications of uncontrolled diabetes though (as you know!!). I'm sure your DH will 'snap out of it' when he's ready!! It must be so hard as a nurse to watch him deny and ignore it. I think if Splenda flavored foods help him keep on track for a bit, then don't limit it. And just have him watch/limit his carb intake. I know, you know!!!

ok! off to get my boys ready for the bus!
BBL!

~Chris

Hi Everyone,

Yes, I did take a real rest day yesterday, but last night I was still feeling it. It's my neck/upper back -- the calf thing was years ago for me. Anyway, this morning I did cardio coach #7 for the first time -- wow, what a workout! I was sure I wouldn't make it through, but I did somehow. Vilma, have you done itreads before? I have not, and I am tempted by the May offer, but just not sure about it. Mostly I'm not sure I have time to figure out what I'd buy! :) It seems a bit confusing -- with cardio coach, I know I can use them however I want, but with the itrain stuff, it seems like it's more machine-specific. I feel like I trade off on stuff (including running outside) to make that sort of thing work.

I'm going to see if I can manage a light weights total body workout tomorrow. We'll see!

have a great afternoon!

-Beth

Becca: Yes, that is the cookbook I have. I have tried several things..I made the oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, chocolate cake, banana bread, fruit pops, I made meatballs out of the burger recipe (Chris will eat meatballs but not hamburgers!!), the chocolate pudding and the gingerbread spice cake. I think that is all I have tried. The brownies were a BIG hit as well as the chocolate chip cookies and the chocolate pudding. I loved the oatmeal cookies and the gingerbread spice cake was pretty good too. So far, I haven't tried anything that I haven't enjoyed..Give one a try!!

Vilma: You sure are an early riser. I was up at 6:20 this morning with the dog. So, I got my day started early. Lauren was up early too and she started her school lessons early. That was nice to finish up at around 10:00..

Chris: Did you have fun helping out today. I have never heard of that store. Is it like Harry & David's?

Beth: Good workout when you are not up to it..

Checking in today with Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge and FIRM Cardio Dance Fusion..They were both great workouts..Tomorrow starts the pure strength series!!!

Have a great day!!

Hello again Ladies :7

It has been a busy day for me and it's the quiet before the storm at the moment (kids are due home from school in an hours time)

I did complete GS CT when I got back home from dropping them off at school though and added 3 sets of 15 ab roll ins with the stability ball again.

[font color=#43BFC7]Chris:[/font]

Have you done your workout yet? ;)

What's "Steve's & Barry's"?

Hope you had fun helping out at your lil one's class this morning.

[font color=#43BFC7]Beth:[/font]

I still haven't purchased CCv7. I got side tracked by iTrain's may promo instead.

I ended up getting some that were recommended after I posted a question in OD a few weeks ago granted I already had 4 that I got last year.

Yes, I have used itreads before I even got my Cardio Coaches last spring :)and I've been hooked ever since. These audio runs have helped me enjoy running again and using my TM.

These are the itreads I now have: :p [font color=#FF0080]*grabs her Red ipod and begins to read off the list* ;)[/font]

[font color=purple]* [/font]7 40
[font color=purple]* [/font] 11 40
[font color=purple]* [/font]2 40
[font color=purple]* [/font] 3 40
[font color=purple]* [/font] 13 30

the above are the old ones - tried and all very good

[font color=purple]* [/font] 21 Run intervals (30 m)
[font color=purple]* [/font] 19 30 Sprints
[font color=purple]* [/font] Outdoors 6 60
[font color=purple]* [/font] 20 30 (which I did this am @ 4:45am lol)
[font color=purple]* [/font] 27 30 Drills
[font color=purple]* [/font] 9 60

Here is the post I mentioned above: http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=493629

And here is a link I found with all the Itreads described in one simple place, which I found very useful and used to copy and paste the ones I own to put in my rotation binder: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p5nik0Ug6yIVgGcw2ScVXGQ

HTH , if you need any help in choosing give me a holler ;)

[font color=#43BFC7]Kathy:[/font]

When I have cardio along with weights scheduled on my rotation I usually start getting up between 4 - 4:30am to get my cardio in. I'm on my TM around 4:30-4:50am.

It also means that by 8-9 pm I'm ready to crash on my bed lol :eek: :7

Good Afternoon !

I got back about 1/2 hour ago from my run. Yes, I did GS:C&T , and just felt the urge to run, instead of inside Turbo Jam :D

Gosh, it seems like doing JUST 2 body parts, works them to death, doesn't it }( ? I'm like sooooo done with the chest by the end of that series!! So, afterwards, I just ran almost 30 minutes (it's hard to time yourself when you run outside) just around the neighborhood streets. No park run today :(

I've been helping out on thursdays with my son's class. A few parents do small groups. The kids are all getting a bit restless this time of year. I don't know HOW teachers do it!! But the kids are goofy and cute!

Ohhh.. you guys don't have "Steve & Barry's"? It's a chain store that sells clothes very cheaply. EVERYTHING in the store is $8.98. They sell mostly sports/casual clothing. Have you ever heard of the famous basketball player, Starbury? He's pretty successful, I forget who he plays for (I'm not a b-ball fan), but he started as a very poor kid, who couldn't afford basketball sneakers. So now that he's successful, he came out with a line of Basketball sneakers that EVERYONE can afford! They are : $8.98. And they are leather and made just as well as the $200 ones! Also, Sarah Jessica Parker also has a new line of clothes there (I got some cute T's from her!..CUTE!)

So anyhow, I had fun there!

Beth: I'm glad you decided to rest your neck/shoulders. Upper body weight work, even LOWER body, can be so straining to your neck. Oddly enough, I felt the chest flies in my SHOULDER today, I had to go down in weight to tolerate it.

Kathy: So you decided NOT to rest, huh? You're going to have a long stretch of workouts, no? Make sure you at least get stretches in or take an unscheduled rest day.

I ended up looking and listening to the CC thing at the website. It's just not my thing. Maybe if I was doing a treadmill. But I started out running outside with kick butt music, that motivates me and running little hills, stairs, etc. I tried the treadmill a few times when we were on vacation (in the hotel workout rooms) and to me, it was sooooo boring. I can see where the CC would come in handy on it though!

Okay.. have to get myself a snack! and then work on supper!!

Have a great evening, everyone!

~Chris

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.