May 08 Check in Saturday May 10th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi ladies!!

I was up early today as my sister in law and hubby are using our bedroom:-( ...Lots of noises and dog on the couch..Thought I would pop in and say good morning. later will be crazy with the Communion.

Rest day for me of course..Hope everyone has a great workout today...Talk to you tomorrow!!

Hey Kathy!

Hi everyone!!

Kathy...I'm wishing you a wonderful day today for your son's First Holy Communion! It's a heartstring tugger, I tell ya! The kids all look so sweet! Enjoy your "rest" day and the festivities!!

I did Muscle Max this morning... My arms were a bit sore from KPC yesterday. Funny, huh? I also felt some minor soreness in my legs as well, so the weight stuff definitely kicked in fast. Kathy, I remember you saying the abs in MM were killer, I agree! Bicycle sequences always get me, but those side scissor touches and then the knee touches following them were TOUGH!!

Vilma... Congrats on your PS purchase!! I just started hemming and hawing about whether I want to buy that series. This month, I think I'll substitute, but I bet I'll end up with them some day! LOL!

The other one I don't have is the CTX DVDs. I see that come up every now and then. How do you guys rate that one? It's an expensive one, so I hate to sink that much money into something I would only use sparingly, KWIM?

Today is back to my working weekend schedule! Seems like the last month has been different for different reasons. So I have to get back "in that mode"... Cleaning and prepping for a sitter tonight and tomorrow today....

*sigh*, that's the part I dread!

Have a great weekend, and if I don't get here tomorrow, have a WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY tomorrow!! You are all amazing moms to be doing what you do to be healthy and fit!! *bows* to all of you!

~Chris

Happy Saturday!

Yes, I also liked the abs in MM -- going to have to remember to tack those on separately sometimes. As for CTX -- they are not my favorite. I hate to *not* recommend them, but I don't think I would recommend them, but, I've heard a lot of people who really like them. Sorry, I'm not much help.

I'm off the real rotation a bit, so did cardio coach #6 this morning -- felt great. Though I did it outside on flats, so just had to push myself for "hills".

Oh, Chris, what will you sub for PS? As I mentioned earlier, I think I may sub some Amy Bento slo-mo, but maybe 4DS.

Have a great weekend and happy mother's day, everyone!

-Beth

Hi All!

Slept in late didn't 'officially' go to bed until after 1am; DD had to close last night (She works at ColdStone Creamery)and doesn't have her license yet to drive so I play taxi a lot here.

Youngest DD had her friend over also so they are camping out in my workout space.

I probably won't be able to do MM until later on this afternoon :/

[font color=#F75D59] Kathy:[/font]

Have fun today with the communion festivities and your family. Enjoy your rest day!

[font color=#F75D59] Chris:[/font]

I totally forgot about the ab work in MM, looking forward to doing it later on today.

I'm thinking around 5ish as thats when I'll have my workout space back. At the moment it's filled with sleeping bags , pillows, dolls and all sorts of little girl stuff.

It took me years to buy the PS series so I finally bite that bullet.

I don't have CTX on dvd - I have it in that neat lil box on vhs, those were the last series I got in vhs format.

It's okay not must haves in my opinion but I preordered those way back when and well I wish I would've gotten them in dvd but back then we didn't think we would want a dvd player HA!!!, they are nice esp Meaner oops Leaner Legs lol }(

Ermmm whats KWIM stand for?

[font color=#F75D59] Beth:[/font]

I was planning on a run also along with MM today but weekends here always seem to gravitate to what the kids are up to and who is sleeping over.

My workout has been pushed way back today since now another lil friend of my daughter is here now too [font color=#C48189] *sighs* I really want my house back wahhh [/font]

Eh I'll git 'er done around 5ish.

Probably won't be back to check in until Monday morning so I hope you all have a fantastic day today &

[font color=#F660AB][font size=14] Happy Mother's Day !!![/font color][/font size]

What is Cardio Coach anyways? Can it be used for outdoor running? I love to run to music, does it have music too?

Beth ... Thanks for your feedback on CTX. It doesn't sound like something I should get next anyways. Yes! I was looking for some good abs to add on to workouts, because I haven't been getting DOMS in my abs for a while, I think MM abs might do the trick!

This is what I plan to substitute for PS:

Pure Strength (PS) Chest/Shoulder/Triceps (SUB: 4 DS Chest Shoulder Tricep Premix w/warm up... Which will run 34 mins + time for warm up )

PS Strong Legs and Abs (SUB: Legs & Glutes + Abs of your choice)

PS Back Biceps and Abs (SUB: 4 DS Back & Biceps premix (25 mins + )w/warm up & abs of choice)

I figured out the time frames for the PS, and substituted with the same for 4 DS Premixes. The only thing with the 4 DS premixes is, they don't include a warm up, so I'll just throw in a warm-up from one of the cardios (HIT, LIT, Kickbox or Bootcamp).Oh, and Legs & Glutes was the same time frame as PS Legs. Plus I'll add abs.

Vilma: KWIM stands for "Know What I Mean"... LOL!

Okay , off for more cleaning!

~Chris

[font color=#F75D59] Chris:[/font]

What is Cardio Coach? OMG ! Girl go here : http://www.cardiocoach.com/

and YES you can use them on outdoor runs

LOL and thanks for letting me know what KWIM stands for I had no clue and was scratching my head wondering KWIM? ;)

I was embarassed to ask about KWIM! I like it!

Cardio coach is great -- yes, there is music and motivating coaching that guides you through hills/sprints/steady state, and it's a lot of fun. I use it both outside and on machines -- it's sort of geared toward machines, but when it's so nice outside, I just hate being on a machine. The other cool thing you can do with it is mix and match from different workouts -- so, put together a whole workout of sprints if that's what you want, or whatever. It's fun. I was initially a little worried that I wouldn't like whatever music was with it, but it's just sort of background stuff that you don't really notice, but is nice, if that makes sense. You can listen to samples on the website.

Looks like good subs for PS, though I thought I had checked the times and 4DS didn't seem long enough, but maybe I was just being hard on myself. :)

Just mowed the lawn -- I guess that my "bonus burn" for today -- ha, ha! I'm going to do yoga burn tomorrow -- should feel good after the run today. Vilma, hope you get MM in somehow! I know it's so hard once the kids are up and running!

-Beth

Better late than never but I just completed MM! YAY!

I hate working out this late as I prefer to get my workouts in during the am hours but I'm done for today!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.