May 08 Check in Friday 9th

ShyWolf

Cathlete
TGIF!!!!!

Hello Everyone and Good Morning!!!!

KPC on tap this am.

Hoping I still have electricity when I start KPC as my area is currently
under a tornado watch.

As I type this I hear the thunder very loudy so I hope its just heavy rain with no damage. Ahhhh spring in NC lol

Fell a slight tightness across my chest this morning from GS CT yesterday and it feels nice :)

I always enjoy feeling that because its a signal to me that I worked those muscles good }( Yeah I'm weird like that lol :+

Will check back later to catch up on everyone's posts

Have a Fantastic Friday Ladies! :7

Morning all,

Sorry for not checkin in yesterday. Worked late and did not get in my GS training. Guess I have to do it today.

Vilma, you daughter is beautiful, just like her mom. You look so young I am sure people think you are her older sister:).

Chris, your son is so cute! What a great picture. Thanks for sharing.

Getting ready for work but wanted to check-in. Will check-in after my workout.--Carolyn

Good morning all!

I have KPC on tap for today as well. I took a rest day yesterday and spent the day cleaning and organizing my basement. I also lugged 80 lb bags of salt down the stairs. Does that count as a WO? :D

Vilma, don't ever tell an ER nurse (that would be me.:) ) that you have tightness across your chest. I may start an IV on you and do an EKG! ;) ! I'm glad you have some good DOMS. I hope the electricity stays on for you.

Carolyn, I hope that you are able to get your WO in today.

Have a fantastic Friday!!!

Hi All,

Yes, tgif!! Since I had an unexpected rest day yesterday, I did muscle max this morning -- first time for me as it just arrived in the mail yesterday! I've been thinking about getting it for a while and finally broke down. It's a fun workout. I may try to add a little cardio in this afternoon after all the inspiration Vilma has started in this crowd!

Have a great day!

-Beth

KPC is DONE!!!

What a sweatfest!

I mean I was dripping spots of sweat all over my puzzle mats (probably had something to do with the high humidity we are having). :p

Thankfully our power stayed on and the sun is out bright & shiny.

I just love it when the sun is out as it really helps my mood :7

The rain came and left so its all good.

YAY!!!!

[font color=Turquoise]Carolyn:[/font]

Someone once told me a long time ago to never be sorry for not being able to check in.

We all lead fairly busy lives and sometimes we just can't get online and check in or fit our workouts that day for whatever reason; just glad you are here with us.

Thanks for the compliments towards my DD & myself; and yes some people have thought we were sisters.

Funny thing I need to share. In our house my youngest DD, son and sometimes their dad confuse us at times esp. when we have our backs towards them. Granted she is a bit taller, leaner & has waist length hair than her ol' mom and sometimes they need to do a double take.

The bad thing? She likes raiding my closet and wearing my clothes & shoes when she hasn't done her laundry lol.

[font color=Turquoise]Becca:[/font]

Oh you are too funny about that I.V and EKG [font color=grass green]*giggles insanely*[/font]

I would think so that hauling 80# bags of salt down a flight of stairs along with cleaning and organizing counts as a workout!

Have fun w/ KPC! ;)

[font color=Turquoise]Beth:[/font]

I have MM on schedule for tomorrow and its another one I haven't done in a while. The past few weeks I was on a PLB/PUB plus TM runs rotation.

OMG!!! :eek: Are you kidding me!? Me? An inspiration? No way!
You are much too sweet!

Well I'm done with my post workout shake and off to shower and do some fun laundry max along with cleanmax.

Have a absolutely wonderful day and I will try to peek in later on.

Having you all to check in with has been a great motivator for me. Thanks! :7

Hey Gals!

I came here earlier to get some motivation... I'm just so tired today.. could have easily talked myself into NOT working out. Plus my youngest son, Jake, is home sick (with the pukies) today. Well, coming here worked!

I tucked Jake in on the couch , and went down to my workout room , and cranked out KPC!!! My heart rate monitor/calorie counter said close to 600 calories burned!! yeah baby! I agree, Vilma, that IS one sweaty workout! Felt good! I really get into those punk, jump kick combos at the end, don't you?

Vilma: Good to hear your weather cleared and no tornadoes! That must be scary , especially seeing all the tornadoes recently around!! I definitely share the DOMS from GS: C&T !! I'm sore today!!

Becca: Could we have anything else in common???!! I'm also an RN. Been one for 24 years this year! ... I've worked on a Heme/Onc unit in a busy hospital for 21 of those years. I got the same little lightbulb when Vilma said, "chest tightness"..LOL!

Carolyn: Thanks for the comment about my Alex! That was a VERY sweet picture of him!!

Beth: I'm also doing MM tomorrow, and as Vilma said, am thinking I will be DOM'ing the next day bigtime! My focus the last few weeks has been GS and 4 DS weight work.

Okay... off to check on my little patient!!

~Chris

Hi everyone!!

I got up early this morning to get Gym Style Legs in before the family gets here this afternoon. I had tons of errands to do this morning too. It is raining here and I hate to do errands in and out of the car when it is raining. But, they had to be done..

I also finihsed up with the cleaning last night after Lauren's softball game(as clean as it is going to get!!). It ended up not raining and we got the game in. Last night around 10 or so it started pouring like crazy and there were tornado watches out and stuff. Today it is just rainy!!

Vilma: I have been doing too much laundrymax and cleanmax this week!!;) I am ready for restmax!! we had tornado watches last night!! One of them was a warning for an area southeast of us.

Chris: Hope your little one is done with the pukies!!! Hope he is feeling better!!

Hope everyone else has a great day..It is nice to know we have 2 RNs with us in case we need medical advice!!

Time to relax a little before the inlaws show up...

Talk to you later!!

Well I done did it!

After years of heehawing on the fence about whether or not I should just purchase The PS series, I finally placed my order for it today.

Since I have The S&H series; I always used those to sub for the PS series but after all the talk on the boards recently about them & the fact that Cathe still uses them frequently in her Monthly rotations.

Enablers I say! Enablers! This forum is stock full of enablers lmbo! [font color=grass green] *Laughs hysterically holding her stomach*[/font]

Now I have no excuse as I will officially own all of Cathe's workouts.

Well let me not exaggerate. lol

I do not have any of Cathe's 1st 3 Step n Motion vhs tapes that she doesn't even sell anymore that she made way back in the late 80's early 90's lol :7

[font color=pink] Kathy:[/font]
Just noticed but I'm a state south away from you :) Ayup South East :p

Have fun with your family. :)

Vilma: I did the same thing about 2 months ago and purchased PS to complete my collection. I don't have any of the first ones either. I only have the DVDs. Maybe she will put those on a DVD soon!!

Where are you? I am in NOrthern Virginia. Manassas, VA to be exact..

Kathy: I'm south east of Raleigh about an hour and 1/2 drive; actually my hubby works in Raleigh so we are looking to relocate there :)

Oh wanted to add that I have Cathe's older workouts on VHS that I still use - The Intensity series were the 1st ones that I started getting on dvd. I figured once the VHS ones die an old age I'll replace them with their dvd version :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.