May 08 Check in Friday 16th :)

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Good Lovely morning Ladies :7

TGIF!!!!!

It's Friday and that means the weekend is upon us YAY

MIC is on tap today and I will be dusting off my old vhs tape and vcr to do that workout once I'm back from dropping the kidlets off at school!

I had debated on MIC or a nice long 60 interval run but my hips and knees need a lil break from running.

Well I'll see when I get back home which one wins lol :p MIC or itread 9 60 ;)

See you all during the day :7

Good morning all!

Super quickie check in for me, I need to get showered and run to the grocery store. I did PS Chest, Shoulders and Tris yesterday along with CCV3, first two challenges. I have some good pec DOMS. YAY!

Today's plan is MIC this afternoon. I have DS's bday party tonight and then a combined family bday party for the boys (and me!:+ ) tomorrow. May makes me crazy! So many birthdays! At least we get them over and done with.

Have a great Friday, all!

Becca: When is your birthday? Happy Birthday to all birthday people!! I am doing PS chest/shoulder/triceps today along with a 20 minute run. Which I am not sure I will do. I may sub a DVD for that today..

Vilma: MIC is a tough! Good luck with it..

I will be doing my workout later. I need to pick Lauren up from drawing in about an hour. So, no time. I will do that this afternoon...

Have a great day everyone..Be back later to check in..

Hey Everyone!

MIC done!

Holy cr&p, that workout is maybe the toughest of Cathe's cardios, don't you think? It totally WIPES me out and leaves me DRENCHED! I'm always shocked she throws in those jumps onto the step at the end when you're all worked out and fatigued! Did it, though!

Now you guys have me thinking about ordering PS again! I want DOMS! LOL! I go back and forth, back and forth.... what to do, what to do...

My chest was definitely a bit 'tight' during warm up of MIC from GS: CT yesterday!

Becca: Another May birthday? What day is it? We are a bunch of May babies here!

Will check back later....

~Chris

MIC -- that is very tough, however I do not say that from any recent experience. :) Still resting on this end. I don't know what the deal is. I do know that I have a very enlarged thyroid and I'm wondering if that could be making my whole neck hurt. I'm going to do the dr. on Monday.

Vilma, I will check out some itrains -- I really want them more for outdoors, so I'm going to try to figure that out -- I notice of the ones you have, it looks as though just one is for outdoors, but I need to go back and re-read what you wrote.

Happy Friday!!

-Beth

Back and Hello again Ladies.

Well I did end up doing MIC and yes it got my heart rate up and yes I was sweating up a storm but for some reason it was just boring for me x(
No fun factor at all and that really bummed me out today :(

All the while I was doing MIC I kept thinking [font color=#E9CFEC]'Man I should have done a run instead' [/font]lol

Now I remember why I don't do that one as much unless it's scheduled on a rotation ;(

Guess my heart was just not into it [font color=#E9CFEC]:shrugs:[/font]

Well we finally got our stimulus money so I've decided to get myself a HRM either the Polar F6 or F11.

Question:For those with a HRM how do you know you are working in the zone? Do you keep checking the wrist attachment or what?

I know when I'm doing my TM runs I can't keep looking at my wrist as that takes away my focus esp. when I'm pushing myself good and hard.

[font color=#B5EAAA]Becca:[/font]

Since I went ahead and purchased the PS series I am now looking forward to them next week when they are due on the rotation :)

Happy Birthday to you and your boys. What day is your birthday?

[font color=#B5EAAA]Kathy:[/font]

Yes MIC is tough but since I've been doing interval runs it wasn't that at all I was able to keep up with Cathe and my breathing was not over the roof like when I do an intense itread or CC.

I really enjoyed the plyo hops and anything plyo. I noticed when I was doing a real high intensity move I got happy lol strange Guess I'm addicted to the high intensity and missed my runner's high }(

[font color=#B5EAAA]Chris:[/font]

OMG yes I felt the slight chest Doms in MIC's warm up lol

Always nice to know I worked the muscles good and hard.

Yesterday as I was doing chest presses I glanced down at my chest and saw my chest shake as I was lifting the dumbbells Yowza! That was great!

May is a very good month for birthdays ;)

[font color=#B5EAAA]Beth:[/font]

Itrain does have (3) 60 min. Outdoor itreads :) and the 60 m itreads come in 2 downloads so you can break it up to 30 m sessions if you want

Any itread can be taken outdoors you just ignore her calls for the numbers and inclines and just speed up :)

I know many ladies over at VF do that ;)

Going to check out the other boards BBL :D

Finished MIC, I was not as brave as you, Chris, I only did the first set of jumpy things onto the step. I was pooped! I had never done MIC before and as I previewed it last night, I kept thinking "That woman is insane!". I was right. She is, but I am all good and sweaty and I burned 500 calories. I think I will have cake and ice cream tonight to celebrate DS b-day. Thank you all for the bday wishes for me and my boys! :)

Chris, My boys bdays are: DS11-16th, DS5-9th, DS4(almost!)-25th and mine is June 1st. I got three boys as early birthday presents! ;-)

Kathy, what did you end up doing for your cardio fix?

Vilma, my HRM beeps when I am out of the training zone. I have a Polar F6. I tend to peek at it quite a bit while I am running. I have to tell you, I read your post BEFORE I did MIC and I think I went into it with a bad attitude. LOL! I kept thinking, "I could be with Coach Sean right now!" :7

Beth, UGH! with your throat! I hope it starts to feel better soon! I'd be curious to hear what the Dr. says.

Alright, I must shower and then get ready for a houseful of 11 year olds. We are going to go see Chronicles of Narnia. Should be a good time!

Have a fantastic Friday!

Wow, Becca you do have alot of birthday's together..Must be hard on you. Do you do parties for each one separately? Enjoy the cake and ice cream. Sounds yummy!!

I ended up doing PS C/S/T and I did FIRM Cardio Overdrive for my cardio. It was a great workout. I also walked a couple of miles this morning taking Lauren to drawing class...

Tonight Chris has a baseball game. So, that will be our evening.

Have a great day ladies!!

Becca!

I had to laugh about your Coach Sean comment. I'm sorry my post didn't help going into MIC lol

Honestly I just did not have a fun workout today. I guess I've been running with Sean and Grace for cardio so much that I missed that high and all out push I get when I use their help for cardio.

I didn't work or push myself as hard as I know I could have (well compared to when I'm working as hard and as intense as I do when I use CC or iTreads).

Next time MIC comes up again on a rotation I hope I have a better outlook and compare notes.

Anyhows I purchased my HRM via heartratemonitor.com. I used a coupon code and got a Polar F11W pink fizz for 127.96! }( :p :7

Now I can't wait for it to get here and see where I'm at as far as working in my zone; once I figure out how to use the gadget lol

I had to come back and share!

I *JUST* got done purchasing... PS SERIES!! I couldn't resist. I talked myself into it by using birthday money I had gotten!! PLUS, I got Ab Hits... there's a lot of ab stuff from CTX series, and I know I'll never get that series.

So I'm just all excited !!! Nothing like a new Cathe workout in the mail to get you all happy!!

Becca & Vilma: Sorry you guys didn't get into MIC. You really need to be in a good frame of mind to do it, I think. Or it sucks! LOL!. I'm sooo not a hi/lo person. I'm so uncoordinated when it comes to those moves where you're doing heel, toe, heel and moving your arms at the same time. I feel like an idiot (like I used to feel like at the all-woman gym I went to in the 80's!!). At least no one is watching me in my basement. I kind of "got into it" with some of the old music. But it was more a struggle because I was POOOPED!

For some reason I'm feeling a lot of discomfort in my hips today. I'm going to guess it was because I ran yesterday on ALL pavement (I usually run alot of grass and dirt at the park). They are killing me though! That didn't help with MIC!

Becca: I feel for you on your run of birthdays! My boys are: Sept 1st (the 12 year old), Sept 2nd (the 8 year old) and Sept 14th (the 6 year old). We were shooting for #3 on the 3rd, but it didn't happen!!

Okay, off to brake up the screamfest /fight upstairs!!!

~Chris

Chris... I did the same exact thing last week I ordered the PS series AND Ab Hits lmbo ;)

My son is also a September 1st baby he will be 16 this year :)

Off to try to stay up late tonight DD closes tonight at midnight and I have to play taxi and pick her up - OY I'm so tired already me thinks Ghost Whisperer will be watching me before the hour is out lol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.