May 08 Check In ; TGIFriday 23rd

ShyWolf

Cathlete
TGIF and a long Holiday weekend for most of us.

I have an appointment with Coach Sean so I'll be doing either CCv5 or CCv6 then tack on some abs from Ab Hits after I drop the kiddos at school.

Once school is out I may decide to sleep in an extra hour or so and I am so looking forward to it lol, I just did not want to get up this morning.

Hope all are doing great!

We are staying home this weekend, hubby is working and my DD & her BF have a military ball to attend Saturday.
So I'll just be doing some cleaning and going through my linen closet and purging.

Vilma: That is one thing that I love about homeschooling. We don't have to get up at an insane time to get ready for school. We usually get up about 7-7:30 and start our school work at about 8:00. It works for us..We are staying home this weekend too. It is a crazy weekend to drive anywhere. We are going to a Washington Nationals baseball game on Monday. The kids are so looking forward to that.

Today's workout is Pure Strength Chest, biceps Shoulders....And a walk to Lauren's drawing lesson..

Have a great day ladies!!

Hi Girls!!

I'm getting myself psyched up to do Rhythmic Step. I'm also beat today. Just wiped out with getting up every few hours for my son's blood sugar. I know I always enjoy Rhythmic Step... so I'll just start, and if I still feel like doggy-doo 15-20 minutes into it, then I'll stop, right? (And I know I won't!)

And I was kind of shocked to find out I had DOMS from yesterdays PS: BBA's!! My bi's are really talking to me, and I can't remember the last time I felt that there! Cool!!

Nothing special here for Memorial Day weekend. Just work as usual. I get paid the big bucks for working the holiday night on Sunday! (time and 1/2). the only Memorial Day weekend we ever did something special was 20 years ago, when my hubby and I got married!! :eek:))

Our anniversary is the 28th, planning on doing a dinner date, at the least. It's so hard for me to go out and leave Zach and his blood sugars. I don't know why. He does a lot on his own, but going out for enjoyment and leaving him has always made me feel guilty (and anxious!) *sigh*

Okay... Off I go to my trusty step!!..

~Chris

Finished Rhythmic Step! I always always get so lost in that one, and end up one sweaty mess, and never realize I'm working that hard!! Gotta love it!

Of course, the phone call towards the end, about my mom being taken to the hospital for CHEST PAIN kind of broke the mood. BUT..they think it's just heartburn! think good thoughts!!!

BBL..

Chris

Chris I'll be praying that its only heartburn what a scary thought about your mom, regardless I hope she is doing ok.

Well I had to reschedule my cardio with Coach Sean for later on this afternoon (seems this entire week for one reason or the other I've had to push back my 'me' time aka my workout time to the afternoons- ugh!) as I just got home from awards ceremony over at the HS. My older kids just conveniently told me about it as we were driving to school early this morning and of course I was already in my running gear. Had to come back home and change into street clothes.

Both of them made all As and honors so they had this big whoop de doo over at the school :)

Spent some time chatting with some of the other parents and just having a nice visit.

Anyways today is a very flip flop day - had I known it was going to get this busy after I dropped the kids off I would've just gotten up at 4 am to do my cardio [font color=#CC66FF]*Le Sigh ;( * [/font]

Good morning ladies,

I'm about three or four miles from that fire that's on the news, so it's been a little crazy! I did have a great workout yesterday morning before I knew what was going on. I did not sleep much last night, and still thought the school was going to be open today, so thought I had to be on an early schedule. I couldn't get up early enough to workout, and then of course after I'd showered I found out they are closing the school afterall. So, maybe I'll get a workout in later in the day, though it's smokey even inside the house, so it may not be such a great idea. We seem to be housebound again today, though I may go completely stir-crazy!

Chris, I'm thinking good thoughts about your mom -- very scary and what a way to end a workout!

Vilma, good luck with the decluttering! That's what I should be doing while we're stuck at home. I may do just a little in each room and see where I get.

happy Friday,

-Beth

thanks for the well wishes for my mom!

After running a gammet of tests on her, they decided it WASN'T her heart and WASN't a clot in her lungs, and they sent her on her way!

Probably just bad "gas" and maybe hiatal hernia acting up.

I've had a stressful day though... I won't go into it. but I ate 5 Godiva chocolates (STILL have them from valentine's day! LOL!).

Vilma: Sorry for your crazy day .. Sounds like something that would happen to me .. I also HATE when my workout gets messed with.

Beth: Holy cow on the fire being so close! I hadn't heard of any fires, where are you? I will pray that YOU will be safe!!! I'd be too scared to do my workout if a fire was that close!!

~Chris

Chris,

Wow, my sister recently had a pulmonary embolism (clot in the lungs) -- it was very scary! She's fine now! I'm glad to hear your mom's problem today wasn't serious. I can totally understand the godiva chocolates and I cannot!! believe you still have them from valentine's. That is willpower, woman! (or perhaps at my age, it would simply be forgetfulness!)

It's the Santa Cruz mountains or Summit fire is what they are calling it -- northern CA fires. It's been on the national news (well, two friends from Canada called, so maybe it's bigger than national :)) so you may see it. Anyway, we seem to be fine -- just dealing with road closures and all, but the fire continues to move away from us. We are feeling hugely lucky, and my husband is (no joke) looking to buy our own fire truck!

good night....

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.