March check in Wednesday 3/4/09

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi ladies,,

Getting us started!!!

I am still in my recovery week...Doing the cardio..Not sure what I will do today..

Be back later to check back!!

Hey Girls!!

Stopping in briefly for now... Still got to feed the kitties, make a few beds, and get my last child off to school...

My plan is to either stretch today (thinking of 2 StretchMax segments) and maybe fooling around with Tracey's Steady State Step.

I'm "Recovering" with you , Kathy!

BBL!

Hi Girls

I was planning on doing the 2nd day of CLX but my lovely husband has taken over my workout area aka the family room and tearing apart our old microwave which we replaced yesterday. :mad:

I'm seriously thinking of starting it over tomorrow and just take my off days on his off days :confused:

Kathy & Chris enjoy your rest day from STS.

I have made beds cleaned out the cat box, put a load of clothes in the washer , mopped my floors and getting ready to do the bathrooms whew.

Have a Great Day All!

picture.php

Wow, it seems like it's chore day for many of us! Good morning. I'm "choring" after I take the kids to school, too, but I already have one load of laundry in -- yea for me!

Vilma, it's so frustrating when something gets in the way of your workout, isn't it? Maybe it would be good to sync up your off days.

I ended up doing kenpo-X today -- a first for me. I have a loaner copy of P90X and I like the looks of the stretches -- I know they are controversial. Anyway, the kenpo was for me sort of a steady state kickbox, I guess I'd classify it. A decent workout, but not a huge calorie burner. The time went quickly for me, so I liked that part.

It was raining like crazy last night -- so loud. I had to be out and about in it for an hour, too -- I got lost, I went to the wrong house. Oh my! Right now it looks like it could be a gorgeous day here.

Have a great day everyone!

-Beth

Morning all...I refuse to go into work until I workout. I'm looking at doing LIC and I was planning on doing 8 inches but I think I'm doing 6 inches. The guys who taped up my feet yesterday taped them up pretty funny so they are pinching a little. I got molded for my orthotics yesterday...3 more weeks until they come. I asked if I can do high impact again and the guy said "no" so fast, I guess I looked crestfallen, the intern laughed out loud. Probably another three weeks hopefully. So my boss is gone for two weeks -- YAY! -- I have this horrible habit of working my a$$ of when he leaves so he doesn't see the hours I put in but I hate it when people adjust their working schedule to superficially look like they are working harder for the boss (the operative word is superficial, as I told a fellow grad student, you can't say worked until 9p if you were just watching a movie on your computer from 7-9p). But it's always nicer when his door is closed...we chat a lot more and we just are friendlier with each other.

Kathy - hope you find cardio that hits the spot!
Chris - enjoy that stretch! I've been looking at yoga/pilates fusion for my "off" days and some of the combinations can be fun.
Beth - its gloomy down here too. I can't believe its MARCH! It hardly feels like it right now.

Good morning chickadees!

Kathy and Chris, enjoy your rest days! Sometimes its fun to just pick what you want to do.

Vilma, stuff like that annoys me too! Why is he taking apart the old one? Trying to fix it? My workout space is also our family room, so by the end of the day it's usually a mess. I always try to pick up before I go to bed or I get annoyed in the morning when I have to clear a space to workout!

Beth, no chores for me today - I'm here at work. I have piles of laundry to do. Even though I do at least one a day. It never ends!

I slept horribly last night - had an argument with DH before he went to work about our vacation this year. To make a long story short, he wants to rent a cottage for two weeks. Which is fine, but I told him I'd like something kind of nice, preferably with a bathroom and shower inside. Not too much to ask, right? Well, he's been delaying trying to find something even though I kept reminding him. He finally tries and of course everything decent is booked. The only thing available in the area he wants to stay is two tiny cabins with the bathrooms and showers outside. OK, a day or two is OK, but two weeks??? We won't even all be sleeping in the same cabin. He thinks I'm being unreasonable for not being happy about it. I don't even know if they have a kitchen. UGH! Men! I figure, OK, I'll suck it up and go and try to enjoy it for the kids. It'll be perfectly fine for them and I'm sure they'll have a good time. Then, he gets all defensive and says you can just stay home. ARGH!! Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but at my age I don't want to have to go outside twice a night to pee. And probably another time for Caitlyn. Oh well, thanks for listening to me vent, again! ;)

Anyway, I thought about delaying STS 2 until tomorrow, but got up and did it. Wow, that's alot of back work. It was good, though. Except the bands aren't working for me for the pull up and chin ups. Not enough tension. I think I have some heavier bands - I just need to find them.

BBL...

Joanne

Hey Again Everyone...

wubpink.gif

So I ended up doing a nice Namaste Yoga I had recorded from Fit TV a ways back and then also did the Band Stretchmax segment. Great stretching all around!

Though this "rest" week really plays tricks with my head. I like it , in that I have a bit more time to do other things. But then I get anxious because I DO like it, and fear I won't want to work out again! :confused: BUT.. I MISS harder workouts, because they really do wake me up and give me more energy. I'm also fearful that I'll eat "off" and add to the ever upward moving scale. So... I feel a bit down. I read the forums of all these wonderful workouts, and I get depressed... .I swear, Maybe just give me a pill and let me sleep the week!

Vilma: Yes, I also wonder, why is DH taking your microwave apart? Or is that a stupid question... and the answer is obviously "Because he can". I think re -doing STS to coincide with your DH's days out of the way is a smart thing to do too!

Beth: OMG, it's crazy, because I was seriously considering buying KenpoX off off amazon with my GC. How long is the workout? Do you think it's a good cardio for STS days? I've read on the kickboxing discussion somewhere that people really liked it. Holy crap on all that rain and the wrong house! YOu must have felt like youwere going crazy! LOL!
7AD_headspin.gif

Hottie: Hope you got your LIC in! I thought of you yesterday doing Cardio Fusion yesterday. I really LIKE the cardio from LIC. The yoga felt so good today too! I always think that when I do it , but never do it unless I'm FORCED to.

Joanne: Ohhhh no... I'm sorry your sleep sucked AND you argued with Dh. I totally understand your disappointment. I could NEVER survive without indoor plumbing either! I hope your DH sees your point after he has time to think. ... On STS back with the bands, I tried using my pull down bar for the pullups/chinups and it wasn't enough either. So I push myself to do the them on my bar bell suspended from my work bench, which is harder, but a PIA, because I have to pull weights off and move it around a few times during the workout, and it takes forever...!!!

Having an early dinner, Zach has yet another Band Concert tonight! And maybe he's playing at a B-Ball game on Friday as well :eek:

Joanne, sorry to hear about your bad night of sleep -- how frustrating! I have similar things with my husband, except different, because he hates to plan and then we just end up doing nothing. Maybe it's not that similar except for the spousal frustration part!

Hottie, good for you for sticking with workouts and modifying them for your feet. Too bad you have to wait so long for the inserts or whatever they are. Hey, I read your sister's Poppy on the Tightrope (not the right title, but you know) to the kids yesterday. I'll comment on her fb page. I liked it -- so many failures before the success. That's just the way it is, isn't it?

Chris, that sounds like a lot of good stretching today! Why not do a recovery week of alternating cardio and yoga? That way you're still working out every day and staying in the groove. Kenpo is 58 minutes, I think it is. The odd thing is that it starts with a 10 minute stretch sequence -- I wanted to tack that on again at the end but didn't have time. At any rate, in that hour, my HRM said I burned 338 calories, so, not super intense, but definitely a workout. It's got a very different feel to most kickbox dvds that I've done because it seems like so many have little sort of routines that build on themselves. This is just one drill repeated 20 or 30 times on each side, and then next drill, repeat. So, I can see that some might find it boring, but as I said, the time really flew for me. The first half hour is the 10 minute stretch warm-up followed by punching drills. I was shocked when we got to the kicking and I realized I was halfway done.

I'm sick of cleaning..... down to the not as easy stuff, you know? But I'd better get back to it -- it's always easier to do without the kids around...... Larry left for skiing, that bum!! He's going to be gone until Tuesday. The kids really didn't understand this concept of taking a vacation when you want to, when they have to keep going to school.

-Beth

Beth, I hate cleaning too. I manage to make it through the declutter stage so I can get to the actual dirt and I peeter out! I need a cleaning lady! There are definite similarities. My DH hates to plan, too, which is why we are in this predicament. If he would have reserved something sooner we wouldn't be stuck with just a step up from camping. He did find one cottage that is like an actual house, but it's twice the money. I told him to reserve it for just one week but he'd determined to be there for two.

Hottie, your sister wrote a kids' book? Very cool. What's the title and her name? I'll have to look it up.

Chris, I think Beth's idea is good - alternate cardio with yoga. I think Cathe really stressed a week off from weights - some cardio would be OK, I'm sure. My son has some Band-o-Rama thing next weekend. Have no idea what or where it is - it's on the school calendar. They've been practicing for it and I keep asking him for details or a note about it, but he has nothing! For all I know it's in another state! I should probably email the band instructor. What instrument does Zach play? Jameson plays the clarinet. Colin wants to join next year - he wants to play the tuba. I think it weighs more than he does!

Time to get ready to go home...

Joanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.