♦♦ March Check In ♦ Tues. 10th ♦♦

Joanne about that registry for a 6 yr old? I have never heard of that and my 1st reaction was when I read your post is how crass. Maybe its the new thing but really? A registry for a 6 yr old's birthday party? It just doesn't sit well with me at all. Fine for a wedding and baby shower but gee are they just having a birthday party to celebrate the event or to just get presents?

Kathy
How are you feeling today? I was reading how many found this intro into Meso 2 hard.

Chris What about you ? Do you have full use of your arms or is the DOMs settled in there? Gee :confused: sounds tough tough tough but that's why we all love Cathe so much as she cracks that whip and makes us work.

Beth did you get a better night's sleep last night?
Hmmm I love to smell of anise in a tea never heard of it mixed w/ chocolate on bread. Interesting :)

Ivy you are on a roll with all your energy :D So I'm pretty sure you got your workout in already .

Waves to Hottie

So today I'll be starting my off day.

DH & I need to go look for some new tires for his car as the grooves on them are not good and they are getting bald.:confused:

I have a nice DOMs feeling throughout my entire body almost an achy feeling. Beth is this what you felt during your 1st week of CLX?

I'll be starting week 2 on Thursday looking forward to it.

I hope you all have a Terrific Tuesday :)

picture.php

Hey Vilma! And everyone!!

Yes, I have some big time DOMS in my chest, shoulders and triceps! :eek: today!!! The weight work was tough, but I can definitely see how this way of lifting can "build muscle", which I'm really looking forward to seeing what it can do for my shape in the next 4 weeks!

Vilma: Oh , tire hunting, how fun! LOL! Sounds like something I would send DH out on his own for. It sounds like you're enjoying CLX! I think your best bet to get random Turbo Jam workouts is Amazon.com. You can get them singly, instead of the package deals at Beachbody. I think 2 of my favorites are PUNCH KICK & JAM and CARDIO CORE. The core one has a shorter , but one of the funner cardio/kickbox, and then some ball core work. ....I did see the iCarly with Fred on it! He is one weird kid!!

Joanne
: The 6 yr old birthday registry is CRAZY!! I guess in a way it's nice to know what she wants, but it's quite elaborate for a 6 year old. I mean, when in doubt, a gift card works (that's what we end up getting for most bday parties). I can see why you feel weird about it.

Beth: Thanks for explaining Tabata (sounds interesting! is this just something you do on your own or is there a book or video?). Also, the Minimum days sound hard!! But I bet the kids enjoy it. Hard for mom, though. Hope it's warmed up there for you!!! Hey, that Dutch chocolate sounds pretty interesting, but not so much on bread?!?! :confused:

Ivy: It sounds like you have some amazing energy there!! ...I swear it's STS. I didn't like the Yoga Abs either. I have liked every other one I've done though. My favorite, I think , was Pilates abs!

I'm supposed to do BM2 Cardio Premix + Weights & Plates abs today. I'm having some "issues" though. Don't want to get into gory details, but I'm waiting for a call from my gastroenterologist before I jump into a workout. I don't want the call to come in the middle of me jumping around. But i REALLY want to do my workout!!! :eek:

Very quick here -- I've been up since 4am, but amazingly still running late!!! Six year old gift registry is insane -- we are all in agreement! That mom doesn't know the expression "be careful what you start" apparently.

I did disc 5, I guess it was -- tough! I had to take breaks. I could not keep 65 pounds for rows or whatever it is they are called.

Boys are fighting -- I really better go -- but the anise is not mixed with the chocolate -- they are similar sprinkle type things but done separately. Bleh, in my opinion! :p

-Beth

Good morning ladies! Yea, I thought the registry thing was a bit odd - glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way! OK, so I go to game day in Caitlyn's clas yesterday. They had a lot of volunteers so they paired up some of the moms. Guess who I was paired up with? Yep, registry lady! She was very nice and of course I didn't mention the registry! ;) I just told her Caitlyn would be at the party and was looking forward to it.

Vilma, I had that achy feeling when starting CLX, too. Almost flu-like. It did go away after a few workouts, though. We need new tires, too. I'm with Chris, I'd send DH out along - unless he was buying me lunch! ;) I like the Turbo Jams Chris mentioned. Fat Blaster is good too.

Chris, hope everythings OK and you can workout today.

Hey Beth - boys fighting? Sounds like my house!

I didn't workout yesterday. I could have fit it in, but just felt crappy all day. I just don't get enough sleep is the main thing, I think. And, I haven't adjusted to the time change yet. Anyway I did Disc 4 today. I'm sore - it was tough, but I have to say I wish the workouts were shorter. It did drag a bit. But I was in a cranky mood, so I'm sure that was 95% of the problem! I did love the bow and arrows, though. So, when in what discs do the push ups leave again??

Have a wonderful day all!

Joanne

Ok, kids at school, I'm at work for a little while. Cold again our way. Vilma, yes, when I first started CLX I felt very achy and sore all over -- didn't feel like my DOMs usually do at all.

Chris, I had read about the tabata stuff -- it must be some known thing for the uber-fit. That was the first time I did it and I just made up stuff to do on the fly -- jumping jacks, run in place, plyo jacks, jump kicks, etc. It was really a good icing to the workout. Hope you got your phone call so you could get your workout started!

Hey, I'm hooked on a new podcast.... it's called Dr. Fitness and the Fat Guy. They interview trainers, nutritionists, etc. The first one I listened to had an interview with Tracy Effinger -- she sounds so nice!! They need to get Cathe on there! Maybe I'll drop them a note. They are sort of funny, sort of like to hear themselves talk too much. :)

Ok, on to work for me.......

-Beth

My long post just got eaten! :mad: It's funny, I hear that "click" and I know I'm a goner!!!!

Anyhow, I did BM2 Premix & Plates and Weights Abs Circuit. Cardio was a little disappointing, because it was pretty similiar to CF premix I did on Saturday. But the segment repeated, and it was more boring! LOL! But I did it, burned my 500+ calories. The Plates was wicked hard, I should do it more often, to get more used to it, I think.

The bleepin doctor hasn't called yet. I'm so pissed, I mean I wouldn't have called if i wasn't concerned! Geesh!!

Beth: 4am is WAY too early to get up! Did you have another crappy night? You need sleep woman! Or you need to come do Zach's sugar checks, since you're awake anyhow... LOL! Yes, Disc 5 is tough!! And the weights are heavy, and it goes so quickly. I do believe I paused too. the Tabata sounds similiar to Cathe's "quick fix cardio" in her STS rotation? It is kind of cool to be able to add on a little cardio & burn a 100 calorie bonus! the podcast sounds cool. Is it on iTunes?

Joanne: OMG..that is too funny about your Mom partner today! Sorry you're cranky. STS can drag when you don't feel it. Push Ups totally leave in Meso #2! Yes, Fat Blaster is a quickie interval one (30 minutes), but I usually rewind and do a few of the blasts over!

Okay... going to continue sitting here, wasting my day away, waiting for the phone to ring...

I gotta' try that plates and weights abs! By the way, did I mention I think I liked the yoga abs ok? But I think I've mentioned, in general, I'm not a huge fan of Cathe's abs/core work, amazingly. I think it's just too hard for me!

Too bad I can't do the sugar checks for you! I did not sleep well. There was more sad news in our community yesterday -- a high school senior boy who has three younger brothers (two at our elementary school) spent the night at the beach with some friends and they decided to take an early morning swim and he was lost. I do not know this family, but it still just hit me so hard. So, I woke up and just knew I wouldn't get back to sleep, so just got up and started the workout.

Yes, I think Cathe's quick fix cardio is like the tabata drills, but for whatever reason, they have the specified 20 seconds on 10 seconds "off" and that's what makes it tabata, I think.

The podcast is on itunes. These guys really remind me of Car Talk only they cover something I'm actually interested in! :) I sent email to them requesting they interview Cathe.

-Beth

I'm sitting here... wyling away the hours, now waiting for the 2nd call back from the doctor (his assistant called me and then said he'd go tell the doctor and then call me back again. *sigh*).

Oh Beth! I can understand why you'd be upset! That is extremely upsetting! I have horrible fears of drowning and fires. Those 2 things get me all panicky just thinking about them. Oh..10 second breaks, that's interesting! That's really QUICK intervals!! ... Oh cool! I'm going to go check out iTunes while I sit here. I love Car Talk too! (I actually learned something from them when my car was having problems they talked about! )

Chris, trying to get in touch with doctors is so frustrating!! You just want to run to their office, corner them and say "talk to me already!" My old ob/gyn was the best. He would take every single call personally when you called unless he was, of course, doing an actual exam. Even then, they'd put you on hold till he was done. Even for simple test results. Of course, when you went for your visit, the waits were excruciating because he would be so behind. Then it was a bit frustrating. I just learned to always try to get the first appointment.

Beth, oh, that is so sad. It's amazing and terrifying how life can change in an instant. Fire and water scare me to death, too. You know, I thought the yoga abs were OK, too. I didn't do the plank stuff at the end. Well, I attempted it, but it was beyond me. Of course, you should do what is the hardest for you because it's probably what you need the most, but I was too pooped by that point!

Have to go to a really long meeting....ugh....

Joanne

Hola Amigas!!

Well, today I woke up at 450am to workout and did Low Max and then about an hour ago I went to the Y and did Kickboxing. It was awesome! I burned a total of 810 calories today! BUT, I don't think I can keep waking up at 450am. My body is telling me it's not good, I feel SO tired!! Plus I work in the night from home taking orders over the phone, so I think I might have to stick to working out in the afternoon or around 9am everyday.

Vilma: Enjoy your day off! Sounds like you got a great workout with CLX.

Chris: YAY on the DOMS. I got DOMS from yesterday and tomorrow is Disc 5!!! I can't wait! I've only tried Yoga Inspired and No Equiptment Abs, so I did like the No Equipment one. Can't wait to try the rest. WTG on your workout today!

Beth: WOW girl!! You've been up since 4am!!! WTG on your workout!! I can't wait to see how Disc 5 is!! Tomorrow is the day! I just LOVE STS!!

Joanne: LOL! Funny about the pairing up with the Registry mom. Be ready for Disc 7!! You must try to do it the same day as me! I heard it has TONS of push ups. I don't want to do it alone, LOL!! I'm scared! LOL!!! I heard in Meso 2 no push ups!!! Now I'm looking forward to that! HA!

Well, I'm so tired now I'm ready for bed SOON! DS is already sleeping and DD will go to bed soon. I have to eat some dinner now. I hope you all have a great night! BB tomorrow :)

Hi ladies...

Getting ready to get to bed. My day was crazy busy...I missed checking in..I am going to try tomorrow. However, with PE and CCD, my day will be busy tomorrow too..

Anyway, I am SORE!! My chest remembers yesterday. My triceps are a little sore. But, not bad. My chest is really screaming!! But, thankfully I can still function. Meso 2 is TOUGH. I was struggling with those last few reps!!

Today I did BM2 timesaver premix and the weights and plates abs. I felt I did a little better this time with the plate section...

Ok, tomorrow is LEGS!! I was reading the STS guide a little and tomorrow looks tough too...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.