March 10 Check in Weekend 13th/14th**********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi ladies....

Raining here again...Today is MMA Boxing for me..

Right now I am going to make breakfast for everyone...Be back later after the workout!!

Hey Girls!!

OMG, too funny last night! Beth and Hottie battling for the cupcake....

Hottie: I love that you are comfortable with yourself. I wish I could be more like you, esp with my eating. I think it's my attitude towards my eating that messes me up. I'm glad science is going your way lately!.... SO close with that electric bill!!! Good catch!!!!!

It's raining here too, Kathy. Have fun with Boxing!! I do love that MMA workout!

Today should be better for me as far as Saturdays go , though. Greg has the night off, so not having to do anything special for the sitter (extra cleaning that I usually do). AND, I'm going to go with leftovers for supper tonight for me , and Greg will cook for the boys. So no food prepping! The only thing that messes up my day is Zach's paper route and his teenage attitude with getting it done. (Which is already going on, and gets me all crazy!!!)

I'm going to do all or part of (premix) Tracey Staehle's Kickboxing Challenge today, instead of MMA: Boxing. I'm not sure what the abs are on it, so I'll have to check it out. If they're not so great, I'll do the MMA Boxing abs as an add on.

Ow! My ass! I couldn't resist that, but really, that's what I felt when I started my workout this morning. I started with hiit 30-30 -- you guys are right, it doesn't seem very hard now! -- but when I started the warmup I felt so sore from yesterday's tonique. After hiit I did some mat work... I think I'll be feeling it all.

Guess I didn't get the cupcakes... have to go check it out.

Chris, glad you have a better Saturday ahead -- hope the paper route goes well (meaning minimal teenage attitude!). I have to go to work today..... I'm so behind and since I wasn't there at all yesterday because I was at school, I'm really feeling it!!

bbl, probably.... have a good Saturday (it's beautiful here! I'm psyched!)

We had PG&E cut us off right before a long weekend not long after we moved here. I forget why it went so wrong, but boy Larry was pissed! He was ready to cut the lock off the box, and told them on the phone he'd do that and they said he'd be arrested for destruction of property, etc., etc. About the same time, we also ran out of propane.... it was a rough first winter! That also happened on a weekend, so we just had to wait it out. Fortunately at the barn we have water heated by electricity, so we took outdoor showers. Crazy, crazy!!

man, I'm so weird. Last night Joe and I went to bed so late mostly because we are trying to plan this trip out for his sister's wedding and anything that has the world "plan" "Joe" and not me usually is a bigger headache than needs to be. It's still not settled but mehhh...and then we had this relationship like talk that put us past midnight and I wake up on the dot at 6a. I could have easily slept until 8a! Ugh! it seems that Evee got more sleep than me (she's yawning as I type this!)

Oh, I hope I can do a real workout today -- I'm going to try circuit blast again today I think...or terminator. I should probably decide soon but I think i want a bit more energy first!

Kathy -- I did that last week -- I liked MMA boxing a lot! Though I REALLY felt it in my upper back and core the next day. But tomorrow is your stretch day so that works right? :)

Chris -- hmm...me comfortable with myself? that's one way to look at it! I'm actually uber pissed about the bill because it was really by chance that I caught it. What if we had no power now? No Cathe workout...or cathe forums!

Ok...gotta climb out of bed if Evee lets me.

Hi ladies!! I missed ya all! The meeting is over - yea!! Everything went well, but it will be so nice to be back to normal next week without everyone stressing out at work.

Chris, glad Jake is feeling better and no one else (especially you!) got it! It actually sounds like what DH had a couple weeks ago. He had a slight fever and the dr. said it was probably food poisoning. Too funny about the gas! Yea, we have a smelly dog too. With three boys the poor dog gets blamed way more than she should! ;)

Hottie, congrats on the successful experiment! We got a notice once like that about our property taxes. They were about to put our house up for auction. Our mortgage company was supposed to pay the taxes and I assumed they had, but we had refinanced and it somehow got all messed up. We never got any notices until that last one. I freaked! I had to scramble to get the money and get it paid in a couple days. Tully has definitely expanded her territory she's allowed into in the house too. Now it's just about anywhere. One place we don't let her is the leather chairs and couch in the living room. But, she goes on the chairs when we're not home. She'll be laying there in the window and will jump up as soon as she sees the car and looks all guilty. Where is the wedding at? Anyplace fun? DH woke me up at 5:00 to "talk". Ugh! Of course, he's now sound asleep and I've been up for 4 1/2 hours.

Beth, cool - so BBL and tonique are working! ;) Maybe they'd work for me if I did them! Actually I did high and tight the other day - don't know if I posted that. I also do the Bum Bum rapido. Except something I did switched the audio to Spanish and I can't get it back to English! I went to the settings and changed it but it's still in Spanish. I remember that happened to someone on VF - I have to go back and see if they were able to figure out how to change it back. Enjoy the beautiful weather!

Kathy, enjoy boxing and breakfast!

I did workout Thursday, but not yesterday or today. I have to get back on track tomorrow.

Ian and Colin are at a CCD retreat. I have to get Jameson up for his band competition which he really doesn't want to go to. He's only looking forward to the bus ride and being able to go to the cafeteria for lunch. We also have two soccer games today. Tonight is the St. Pats party and tomorrow - nothing!! I might take the kids to see Alice in Wonderland.

Have a great rest of the weekend all!

Joanne

Joanne, we missed you, too! Nightmare about the property taxes!!! Wow! I always really hate the thought of being late on property taxes because at least here, the penalty is huge!

Yes, I'm sure those workouts would work for you if you did them. ;) I did read that about the spanish but didn't really pay attention! I hope it never happens to me. If you can't find the thread I'll bet you could just start a new thread directed at that and you'd get an answer pretty quickly.

Are you going to take Caitlyn to Alice? I've heard it's scary for kids under 10. Travis really wants to go see it but I hate to leave Dylan home with Larry not paying much attention to him. On the other hand, Travis needs to go to the office with me to do homework, so we could do it in conjunction with that, but that means even more time away from Dylan. Ah, these dilemmas!

Hottie, hope you get your workout in today!!

I did the 40 minute premix from Tracey Staehle's KB Challenge. It's funny, because it was a substitute for MMA : Boxing , and it reminded me a lot of it! It even figured out to the same time! Definitely a notch down from Cathe, though. But fun! And yes, the cueing wasn't always the best, but most workouts for the first time are like that , and once I do it a few times, I don't think it will be an issue. .... There was a weird ab segment as an "extra" , which wasn't really a workout, just the 3 instructors showing some ab exercises. So I did MMA Boxing Abs (good one!) and then the stretch with Cathe too.

Beth: LOL @ ass today!!!! I know we WANT the workout to do that, but then when it's there, it's !! ... Funny about 30/30, huh? Glad you have nice weather there, FINALLLY! .. I'm actually ok with the rain. (except for the poor boys cooped up). I'm psyched it's going to rain tomorrow when I'm sleeping during the day!!! ..... Hope you get caught up on work and you spend some time with the boys!.... Yes, be careful with the iron. The other thing iron can do is make you constipated and turn your poopies black (sorry). Just make sure you eat higher fiber and drink lots of water.

Joanne: I do think the virus Jake had was going around in the schools. Zach's friend had the exact same thing last week. A fever, puked, and then fine. Weird. but I don't want it!!!.... Good to hear your meetings are over at work. You can relax a little knowing that. Jameson sounds a lot like Zach! Zach would always RAVE about the lunches they'd have on field trips. In fact, that was the MAIN thing he wanted to go back to the University of Mass for, not the Circus de Sole (or whatever that is), but the stupid buffet lunch! ... Thing was, after he gorged himself at lunch, and then road back on the bus with a LOUD bunch of teenagers, he puked EVERYWHERE when he got home! He was cured of that, i do believe!..... Hey, maybe it would be easier to take a Spanish class to LEARN spanish? ;)

Hottie: Oh yes! the worst thing about no electricity is no Cathe and no us!!!!... Something from the Terminator sounds like fuN!

::yawn:: long day -- I did eventually get a workout in. Circuit Blast (it gets funner) and I tacked on the finished combo of Athletic Step which much better results. And then Joe and I each both ate seven slices of pizza. We're definitely getting REAL food tomorrow...

Good morning and happy Sunday! Hope you enjoyed your sleep in the rain, Chris -- that sounds great to me! But it looks like another beautiful day here, yea!

Hottie, good work on Circuit Blast + some Athletic Step!!

Ok, Chris, you make iron as appealing as I make Tonique. :D How was work?

I did NMTZ this morning -- love that workout for whatever reason!

Had a decent day yesterday.... Travis and I did go to work and I got pretty well caught up, Travis got some of his book report done, but almost nothing, so we're headed back that way this morning. He's got to do his report on the sugar crystals, too, though he has a rough draft done. The hard work is for Larry -- turning all the pictures that have been taken into a little movie. We got report cards Friday and Travis' was not stellar. I need to talk to one of his teachers this week.... A's in math and science though, phew!

I'm just babbling..... hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Geez, daylights savings is killing my day! I don't know if I'm going to be able to work out. And i had a horrible CS experience at Costco. Basically, we were treated badly for returning things and then they didn't want to take one thing so they MADE UP a policy (which I didn't realize until later) so they threw the member brochure at me saying that's where the fine print it is and then I stood there reading the fine print going -- there is NOTHING that says what you're saying and then they fought with me some more (mind you, I was ok with it not being able to be returned -- what I wasn't ok is that they're changing return policies without telling me) and then the suprevisor had to come back and he just issued a refund without explaining why the employees were making crap up and ugh ugh ugh! and then we went to osh and picked up stuff and got some really good deals but now I'm just trying to get the house ready for the upcoming week, counseling, lab, dinner...I don't know how I'm going to get a workout in but maybe running around it a workout in itself...

Beth -- I did a project too about sugar crystals when I was in the 2nd grade. It was so cool to me (still is cool to me now). But I didn't have a little movie...I just took glasses that got broken and made the sugar crystals grow in them. That's what we do OLD style man!

Quickie check in.,

Not many patients on our unit last night, but it was busy enough for my 11 "short" hours.

Feel fanTAStic today, NO headache!!!! Am psyched it's light out when I drive to work!! My boys are out playing wiffle ball after supper, they are super psyched for the after dinner light too!

No workout for me today, "rest day". Tomorrow I start the week of the rotation where you do ONE body part a day. I've never done that before! should be interesting...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.