March 10 Check in Wednesday 17th**********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Getting the thread started...Today is S/H Legs and MMA Fusion...I haven't done the Fusion in a while and only have done it once. So, I don't remember alot about that. Looking forward to it... Again I wanted to mention, I am liking doing one body part a day..

Talk to you all later...

Hi Kathy! Happy St. Patty's Day everyone. It's not much of a day for me, though it is my niece's birthday.

Maybe I should try the one body part a day at some point. I don't have S&H though -- I wish STS were set up with some premixes, but I know they put so much work into all the editing that that would have put them over the top (and maybe we'd just be getting them now! :eek::D)

I felt like I didn't sleep very well last night and I wasn't quite sure what workout I was going to do. Thought about doing tonique but because I was so tired I wanted something fun, so I put in Cardio Axe with the intention of having a short workout day. But, when I was done with that, I was ready for me, so I put in Bum Bum and did that in its entirety, too. I was sooooo sweaty at the end of it all!

I have a conference with Travis' teacher today.... going to be interesting.... she actually said he should be there for part of it to learn what it's going to take for him to be in the driver's seat. That's the way she put it. I think he's not been turning in homework. Sound familiar, anyone?! :) These boys!!

Have a great day!

Beth: Sounds like you had lots of energy today...Great workout!! Good luck with your conference with Travis' teacher...Sounds like a boy thing. Chris is always tells me after the fact that his CCD teacher said they had to do this or that and then we scramble to get it in after an email from his teacher letting the parents know who needs to turn what in. He has been doing better lately about telling me his homework assignments. But, that has to do with me getting on his case and asking and asking again to be sure.

Have a great day!!

Hey Girls!

I need to get out of here by 11 (8 minutes) to go to my mom's , and then be home in time to put on the Corned Beef and cabbage (*drool*). I made a nice yummy (healthy too) Irish Soda Bread yesterday. I'll post the recipe. It's easy!

So I did MMA: Fusion first today. That freakin second combo annoys me. I feel like I'd have to be a catortionist (sp?) to get my leg through my arms like that. And I really didn't care for the drill of rolling back and then forward into a push up. It hurts!. But the rest, i loved! LOL!. The pounding and the smashes, and then the core work is VERY cool. The 3rd combo is my favorite. Right into S&H Legs. My thighs were quivering! Esp on the inner thigh. My legs are a little tight (esp my hips) from running yesterday too. Tough workout!!!

Kathy: What did you think?

Beth: Love that you got that energy! I know I had my alarm set, and didn't hear it this morning. It's the radio, and apparently I had it REALLY soft, so I slept 20 minutes past the time it went off. It just made me have to rush a little. Unlike Greg on Monday morning. HE AND ZACH didn't wake up until 7:30 and Zachs bus comes at 7:38. YIKES! he got driven into school. Zach actually told me he would have made the bus if his dad didn't make him brush his teeth. .... I was thinking of your Bum Bum this morning too! :)p). I got all crazy yesterday after thinking about maybe winning that Insanity workout on FB. And thinking I really wanted Insanity. and then getting sad I shouldn't be spending that kind of money. But now I'm leaning more towards BBL instead. I mean, I have HiiTs and I plan on trying to save up for Chalene's Turbo Fire HiiT workouts coming soon. It's a struggle, let me tell you!

BIG WAVES to Joanne and Hottie. Hottie, hope you had a more uneventful night and a better night's sleep. Joanne, did you get your run in? I KNOW I just worked out for 80 minutes, but it is SOOOO nice out today (even nicer than yesterday), I feel like I want to run again!!! BUT, don't want to get burnt out on it either. I will try to save "it" for tomorrow....

Better run!!![
I][/I]

2.gif
HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!!!!!!!
2.gif

Sour Cream Irish Soda Bread

Nutritional Info
Fat: 1.0g
Carbohydrates: 21.9g
Calories: 108.9
Protein: 3.2g

Ingredients*

Flour, white, 2 cup
Baking Soda, 1.5 tsp
Sugar, 1/4 cup
Raisins, 0.5 cup (not packed)
Caraway Seeds, 1 Tbsp
Breakstone Fat Free Sour Cream, 1 and 1/4 C
Egg, fresh, 1 large
Country Crock, Shedd's Spread Country Crock Regular (Soft), 1 tsp, melted

Directions
mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
mix last 3 ingredients separately.
add wet ingredients to dry, mix thoroughly.
( mixture will be wet)
form into a loose ball on an ungreased cookie sheet (cover cookie sheet with foil to aid clean up).
brush with extra egg beaters if desired
bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

note: this will spread out to form a large flat circular loaf llike a traditional Irish soda bread

Number of Servings: 16

Chris, thanks for that recipe! Looks yummy!! Unfortunately my family doesn't really liked corned beef. DH will eat sandwiches, but not by itself. I've made it before in the crock pot and it turns out great! S&H legs would be tough after any workout. I agree wholeheartedly about everything you said about MMA Fusion. ;) Some of those moves are like, "OK, come on, seriously????" Something to work up to, I guess. I love the rest, though, too! :) So far we haven't had to drive Ian or Jameson to school (they catch a bus), but we've come close! I felt so bad, the other day I actually forgot to wake up Ian until about 7:30! Don't know how I did that - everyone else was up and all of a sudden I was like OMG I forgot to wake up Ian!! Poor guy! If you're debating between Insanity and BBL - go for BBL!! With the HiiTs and the Turbo Fires coming (can't wait!!!), I think you'd get more out of BBL. NO, no run for me last night. :( I wasn't optimistic it would happen. I got home and DH had to run Colin to soccer and everyone was starving. So I had to feed them, then go pick up Jameson at a friends, go get bread and by that time it was after 8:00 and I watched American Idol.

Kathy, how'd you do with the Fusion and Legs? ;) My kids always forget CCD stuff too. Actually they are pretty good with homework. They get a working lunch if they don't turn it in when it's due. Two working lunches and they get an afterschool detention. Only Colin ever got one of those.

Beth, good luck with Travis' conference. Does the school have anything like working lunches or detentions for not turning it in? Our school is pretty strict about that, even Caitlyn gets a working lunch if she doesn't do it. Wow, great workout today!! Did you like Cardio Axe? I wanted to try it, but heard it isn't too intense?? But, that can be a good thing! Oh, I got my Bum Bum to play in english again. I tried it on another DVD player and it was in English. I put it in the other player and it was English again. Whew!

Well, I tackled Tonique2, disc one today!! Ouchie!! Not as tough as the original, but still pretty brutal! I love the feeling of actually finishing it and feeling like I accomplished something. There's no way these wouldn't work if you do them consistently.

I'm thinking about trying to run in the morning before the kids get up. I think they're old enough now to be alone for about 45 minutes. They'd all be sleeping and I'll have my cell phone with me. The only thing is now it's dark when I would go. That freaks me out a bit. But, I'll bring the dog. No one but me will know she's a big sissy! She actually loves the mailman and any delivery people. Still thinking about it.... It would be great to get back into a running routine.

Hey Hottie!! Hope all is well today.

Back to work.....agonizingly long meeting later this afternoon. Ugh. :(

Hey! Chris, that recipe looks good, and easy, as you say! Thanks! Oh, and I agree with Joanne about going for BBL -- it'll be different than anything you have. Besides, you're going to win Insanity anyway, remember???? ;) Did you guys see Cathe's post about not doing plyo work more than once a week or 10 days if you don't want your legs to get too big? :eek:

Cardio Axe is heart pumping, Joanne! Especially if you really try to do the moves as he wants you to do them. It's not Cathe, but my heart rate gets up there into the 130s.... that's pretty good. Try it! It's really fun, I think.

So funny that you forgot to wake up Ian. Ok, maybe not funny at the time, but.....

I'd love to run in the morning, but there's no way I'm going in the dark around here. Too many creatures in the bushes and trees.....

Beth, yea, we probably don't have as many creatures around as you do!! We do have lots of squirrels, though. That can be dangerous when running with a 65 pound dog. I have to see it before she does or she about rips my arm off trying to catch it. We do have possums and raccoons, but they usually hide. I didn't see that post about plyo work. So that means if you do lots of the HiiTs, your legs would get big? Those have lots of plyos. OK, I'll try Cardio Axe!

Cathe didn't specifically mention the hitts, she was talking more about STS plyo, but yes, a lot of the moves are the same, so you sort of figure it must mean that, right? The thread was about STS and leaner legs if you want to check it out.

Big dogs chasing squirrels while you're attached to the leash == recipe for disaster!!

Hottie, which workout did you decide to do????

Hey Girls...

the day has flown by!... I hate that. Especially since it's a Wednesday, which I love, and it is SOOOO nice out!

Joanne: I'm relieved to hear you think the same of MMA Fusion! And those summersault moves are crazy! Some days I have the strength in my core, other days no. And the only way I can get up from those backward rolls are putting my feet straddles out to the side when I get to the bent knee position. Not together OR crossed. Don't work! But yes, it is something to work on! .... I always think running is what thins out my bottom end. I need to work up to running more too. As long as you wear reflective clothes when you run in the dark, it sounds do-able! And in another month or so, it will start to get light out then anyways. .... OMG, that;s too funny you forgot to wake up Ian!... Thanks for the input on BBL vs. Insanity. BBL is cheaper too! :) I really really want to make my ass and thighs smaller. REALBAD!.... Oh yeah, a 65 lb dog on a leash running after a vermit would be a definite SHOULDER and BACK workout!

Beth: That's interesting about Plyo legs. Another vote for running! :) I too wonder if she means HiiT too. There are alot of similiar moves. And I find my butt/thighs are my bigger parts too. Running and BBL. O wonder how that would be?.... OMG, that Irish Bread is too good. not sweet. but just enough with the raisins. I'm glad I gave half to my mom! (she loved it too!).

Where did you guys order BBL from?

It's probably a good thing your family doesn't like Corned Beef. Oh it smells soooo good,. I'm probably going to eat too much of it! Jake won't eat it, I don't think. My cracker and cheese boy. I swear, he'll be asking for wine soon with his supper!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.