March 10 Check in Thursday 18th**********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Still feeling some good DOMS...nothing too bad. Today is S/H Chest and hiit 40/20...Also, today is our library day. Yesterday we spent the afternoon at the park. The kids and Buddy had a great time. The weather was beautiful and around 66 degrees..Love it!!!

Ok, time to get the kids up...

Hey Kathy and all!

I want to get going a little earlier today, so I don't feel rushed. But I know I will anyways.

It is soooo nice out again today. We're supposed to maybe hit 70 today!!! And for the rest of the week too. I HAVE to run. So I'm trying to plan something out. I'm going to do SOME of 40/20 and then S&H Chest at home, and then hit the park for a run! The extra cardio wouldn't hurt. I'm once again embarassed to admit (and pissed at myself too) to eating crappy last night. I would have been fine, but Jake INSISTED he needed to make a Leprechan Trap (I thought he had forgotten), so Greg went out and got a bag of Hershey Kisses for the Leprechan "droppings". guess who ate the rest of the "droppings"?? :eek:

After my run, have to make a Walmart run, come home, do laundry. Tonight after supper I'm bringing Alex to a trial gymnastics class. He's insistant on taking up gymnastics, and is all gung ho , even though I told him there are 4 girls in the glass. No boys. So the instructor said it would be ok to have him trial a class. Plus, Jake's school has a "Luau Party" tonight. And he wants to go! They're both at the same time, so Greg and I are splitting up and going to both.

Read in the newspaper someone vandalized the park I run at, which makes me so sad. it's a gorgeous park, and so well kept. I feel violated , isn't that funny?

Kathy: Enjoy your nice weather today!!!!! and your HiiT!!!!!! You know, I haven't gotten much for DOMS this week. Kind of frustrating. I think I don't like the "one body part a day" thing. I DO like doing cardio every day, but the muscles aren't getting worked so much....

BBL!

Good morning!! Chris, it sounds like a great day for a run! Don't ya' just love spring?! It's amazing how happy it can make you feel. I've been eating crappy this week too, darn it!!

That's sad about the park! I sort of know how you feel..... I drove on our exit the other day and came up to the bridge and someone spray painted something about Walmart there! So here we are miles and miles and miles away from Walmart with trees all around and who knows how long we will have to look at that ?! Why do people do stuff like that?! Ug!

Sounds like you have a busy night. I thought I was done with leprechaun traps, but Dylan did one this year, too. Fortunately it didn't take much involvement from me. My boys have wanted to take gymnastics but I guess never badly enough that I even took them for a trial! How bad am I!

Oh, rest day for me today, so I slept in and then did most of Ellen's Fat Burning Fusion. I love how her workouts make me feel!

Have a great day...... going to be a long one for me and I probably won't be by a computer much at all......

Hey Chris: Enjoy that run. I am experiencing some good DOMS. I like the kind where I know I worked out. But, I am not in pain as I sit or move. That is what I have now...the good where I know I worked that body part but can function. I feel the legs today some in the quads mostly. The rest of the leg says yes we worked....I had your kind of bad eating all weekend. I have been trying to eat nice and good all week...

Beth: Have a great day!!

Ok, the kids are doing their homework now. So, it is time for my workout..Talk to you later..

Chris, no fair!! I posted last night and it gotten eaten!! Those cupcakes should be mine! ;) I would be mad, too, if someone vandalized something I enjoyed. Just such a juvenile thing to do. Sounds like one of my evenings! We have one more leprechaun trap to go, next year for Caitlyn in 2nd grade. Ian actually took gymnastic for a couple sessions. They had a boys class at the park district. I think he really enjoyed it, but I think someone teased him about it and that was the end of that. I just signed Caitlyn up for a session which starts next month. She keeps asking and I finally remembered to register her.

Beth, how did the teacher meeting go? Or maybe you didn't have it yet. I'm in the eating crappy club, too, don't feel bad.

Kathy, Buddy is your dog? I don't know if I knew you had a dog! Our weather is great here, too. The kids have been going outside after school. It makes for a late night with homework getting squeezed it, but you're only young once, right?!

I'm a bit worried about DH. He's been having what seems like pain in his kidneys. Both his urine test and blood test came back with some levels that were high that could indicate kidney issues. He had a kidney ultrasound. The doctor left a message and said it looked fine, but to call him. Of course he's not in the office today. DH says the pain is getting worse. I told him to page the doctor and ask him what we should do now cause obviously something is not right.

Have to go....lots to do here. Oh - my workout - duh! Beth, thanks for suggesting Cardio Axe. I did it this morning and it was fun! Although, I'm hoping the garbage men outside couldn't somehow seen through the blinds cause I'm sure I was quite a sight! I have no rhythym. ;) Then I did BBL Tummy Tuck until he got to the planks. I hate planks!!!

Joanne

Have to dash back to school in a bit, so quickly.....

Joanne, maybe hubby has a kidney stone? They're fairly common, right? And very painful, from what I've heard. I hope it's nothing serious and that he feels better soon!

The meeting went fine. Travis was in for most of it, so it was mostly about how we can help him be better organized to get his work done. To be honest, I think that's just an excuse and he just doesn't want to do the work. His name goes on the board and he has to stay in from recess and finish if he misses too much of it, and I noticed his name was on the board and he did really well yesterday with homework, so that may be the incentive right there!

I guess if you get caught swearing at our school, that's when you have to pick up trash on the playground. I think there must not be enough swearing because there's sometimes a lot of trash (actually, it's better this year). Part of the problem is that we have crows that pick stuff out of the trash cans and make a huge mess!

Glad you liked Cardio Axe! I know, I'm sure I look like a complete goof doing it, but boy is it fun for me!

gotta run....

hey guys! I've been trying to work crazy hard -- you know for the whole graduating part. My boss came back this week and its been good because I'm motivated to do a whole lot of stuff but I always get nervous talking to him (which I scheduled to do today). Not because he'll yell at me -- though he does that sometimes -- but mostly because he throws a thousand ideas at me and he's brain works about 100x faster than mine. But the RT is motivating me as well as I can't really do certain experiments with the Fri-Sun eaten up so I'm trying to balance everything. I've also had the one HS student end with me for now because he has spring break and debate competitions but I have my ochem students ramping up because they have an exam next week.

Oh there was a meeting mishap -- I wonder if I'm going to get blamed for this one. (honestly, I've been skipping the meetings but this one falls on my boss but he tends to try to find someone else to blame for these things...but it seems like he's blaming them and not me which is nice.)

But my workout -- yesterday I did HIS and I tacked on the finished product of AS and today I did CB plus a short Evee walk. I really like CB a lot -- I'm not sure if its really as circuit-y as I like as it is almost bootcamp-y but I like it...on 3 risers. I would like to work my muscles a little more intensely (except the shoulders! they burn they burn!). but next week I think I'm going to try and stay all low impact before the RT and the thursday night before I'm probably going to be in lab until 8-9p so nothing then. i'm getting pumped!

Kathy -- 66 degrees is nice! It's been up in the 80s all week. I think it Pasadena is was 89 one day as well. But its fine in the morning before it heats up too quickly.

Chris -- I ate like crap too -- I was doing really really well and then I just ate all the left over ice cream. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I'm so desensitized to graffiti at this point from living in Jersey City and LA. I'm just used to it. Heck, even when we moved down to a "good" area in south jersey some racist idiot HS kids tagged our home with terrible stuff for me to find when waiting for school one day when I was in elementary school (but its ok the idiots were so dumb that they left the cans with their fingerprints on it). and its so funny you bring up walmart too beth because I just posted a horrid story about the walmart in my town on facebook. ugh!

Beth -- so you like that Ellen workout? ARE YOU GETTING EXCITED TO SEE ME YET?!?!? ARE YOU TELLING EVERYONE YOU MEET THAT YOU GET TO MEET ME!!! LOL! I guess that's why you're not at your computer much! :)

Joanne -- my niece does cheerleading. the first time for sign ups my sister just plain forgot and I was like, yay -- don't fall into that female stereotype but apparently she harassed my sister on a daily basis so that she could for the next round. I wish she did gymnastics instead. But whatever she does to stay active makes me happy. Scary about the kidney stuff -- I hope everything is ok and I hope the pain subsides. God knows how its hard to do anything when you have pain..

I think i've had this window open for the last 1.5 hrs -- let's see who else posted...

Quickie... I have to start supper, already. Ugh.

So I ended up doing 15 of the 16 intervals on 40/20!!! The only one I DIDN'T do was... Butt Kicks! HATE em! Not doing em! :p I really only planned to do 8 , but it's hard to stop ... I then did S&H Chest. My chest was shaking and burning and all that, but that happened to me all week, and no DOMS. So I'm not expecting any.

After a big glass of milk and a small change-over-the-laundry break, I went to the park and RAN! It was a little hard, I think because of 40/20, but 90% enjoyable. I didn't see the vandalism. I guess they ripped some benches out of the ground, one ended up on top of the gazebo that houses the dinosaur tracks and broke the lights. They also emptied barrels of trash in the duck pond. People are f'd up in my mind, to do something like that. Even worst is people who vandalize and/or steal from cemetaries. I don't get that crap.

Beth: Oh, Jake and Alex made their own trap. I only left out the "droppings" after they went to bed. It wasn't that involved, really. Just the knoshing on the candy kisses. That was involved :eek: Ellen Barrets Fat burning Fusion sure SOUNDS like a workout. Is that rest? LOL..... The plan sounds good for Travis. I know my boys would much rather socialize than do homework. Although Alex, who is 10, is probably my BEST homework do-er. He doesn't need much nagging for some reason. .... Oh, good thing I'm not around his elementary school! That place would be spic and span with what comes out of MY mouth ;)

Kathy: I'm glad you at least got some DOMS! Enjoy the day there!!!! It is awesome here!

Joanne: LOL @ your eaten 'cupcake' post!!! And at the thought of you doing a dance workout in front of the trash guys!!! ... Alex's friend down the street takes gymnastics, plus he was watching a competition on TV and really liked the bar. We'll see tonight! LOL!... Hmmm...seems weird about your DH's pain. Could it not be his kidneys but his gallbladder? Seems odd that the ultrasound was clear. Does he have high blood pressure and is on meds? I thought maybe you had said that before..... I hate butt kicks more than planks!!!

Hottie
: Good going on getting in workouts!!! Hey, you didn't eat THAT much ice cream, did you? .. See, the thing with me is, I can't take "just 5 hershey kisses" and be satisfied. I HAVE to eat the entire bag. It's just me and my whacky ways!:eek:..... WOW, the RT is coming up!!!!!!! So exciting!! i'm excited, like I'M meeting you guys!!!!!! Wish I were!!!!! can not wait to hear. You better have computer access and fill us in on EVERYTHING as it happens!!!!!!... Hope things pan out with your boss today...

Well, this WAS going to be a quickie.... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.