March 10 Check in Monday 29th**********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Rainy here again today. But, we have no plans to do anything..

I haven't planned a workout yet. But, I was considering maybe one with weights and cardio....

Hottie and Beth: Hope you had a great time this weekend with Cathe..

Be back later..

Good morning, Kathy! And everyone! Is Joanne back yet?

It's supposed to rain here, too, after an absolutely gorgeous weekend, but it's too dark to tell if that's going to pan out.

We had a fantastic time this weekend! Maybe I've just forgotten, but I feel more wiped out after this one than the last one. Maybe it's my advanced age. :p She worked us pretty hard though. Two tidbits to share before I forget.... apparently for STS strength they originally filmed the guys doing their warmup, but she said it just didn't look right, so that's why they went to the cardio machines. She said they thanked her, too. :) And, I asked how Jai is. She's fine, and did all of the rehersals for shock cardio with every intent of being in them, and then the filming got pushed back and her work schedule just got too busy. Rats!! But Cathe said she did come to the post-filming celebration dinner since she had worked so hard in rehersals.

Cathe is so nice, as ever, of course. That woman has such all around grace -- physically and mentally/emotionally.

I won a yoga mat!

So, I think I may take it easy this week with workouts. Chris, are you still in a recovery week, or is that about done? I can't remember! I did Skinny Sculpt this morning and even that felt like I was pushing it a little (but that was probably more mental than physical).

Can't wait to hear how you guys have been, and about Joanne's trip. Missed you guys!!

P.S. Hottie, how is Joe? It kind of feels like I'll be seeing you guys over eggs later. :D It was great to meet you guys. She IS the hottie scientist, you guys!!

So fun to meet so many Cathletes.

Beth: So glad to hear about your time with Cathe. It truely sounded like so much fun. Cathe does seem like a sincerely nice person...Congrats on the yoga mat. Too bad about Jai not being in the cardio videos...I missed seeing her. I always look and follow her when I am not focused on Cathe. She has awesome upper body development! So, I guess there was alot of egg meals?! HAHA

No, I don't think Joanne is back yet. Can't remember how long she will be gone. We miss you Joanne....

Joanne is back! I saw on fb. I'll bet we might not hear from her for a little while though -- it always takes a bit to get back into the swing of things after that long of a trip.

Yes, lots of eggs! That Eggland guy was ever-present, and he even wanted to interview people about Eggland eggs. He struck gold when he found someone (at our table) who eats -- get this -- 10 eggs per day!!!! She is very fit. I could not choke down that many for just one day, I don't think. But, you gotta' be somewhat thankful for Eggland since they make this all possible.

I gotta' get the day going, even though I just want to stay here!!

Hottie, I just looked at your pics on fb.... you and Joe are so photogenic!! You look great! Love the sailing pics especially.

I wanted eggs this morning but we settled for cereal. my headache from breakfast exploded and between that and Joe's ankle sprain we decided not to go to the WAP. we took our friend to lunch and then went back to to LA where we hit a ton of traffic. I was trying to clean and unpack quickly but eventually the fatigue came over. No lab work. I'm going in late with Joe so we can get some stuff settled at home first but eep, I have a ton to do-- laundry, billing, phone calls! eek! I need a day from my 3 day vacation! I'd like to work out before we head out from work but I'll count all my running around as a workout until then.

I totally miss you beth! I was so happy I got to meet you in person (and I still hope I didn't scare you!).

Hi ladies!! I missed all of you!! We are back home safe and sound. We had an awesome time. Lots of laughs. The driving was not fun, but not horrible. We stopped in Memphis to see Graceland. OMG - can you believe they charge $30 to go through it??? We were there, so we did it, but jeez. It was OK - I thought the kids would get a kick out of it, but they were like, OK, why are we here? We then drove through Memphis and stopped in Jackson, MS. Well, unbeknowst to us, you need to go into the main part of Jackson, not stop at the first hotel you see. We stopped at the first hotel. DH goes in, says it $49 a night with breakfast included. To me, that a red flag - you get what you pay for! We pull all our crap out of the car, go to register. There's a couple unsavory characters in the lobby - but I'm trying to be open-minded. The lady who registers us says our room number out loud - a big no-no. I figure just suck it up, we're only sleeping here and leaving early. So, we get to the room, open the door and it smells horrible. Smoke and just ick. It's covered in dust and there's "stuff" on the toilet. 'Nuff said. I'm still figuring we'll suck it up, but I'm not happy. Then Colin says what's this white stuff on the bed? I look and it's covered in popcorn. OK, obviously they haven't changed the sheets or bed. DH could see I was not happy, so he says do you want to leave? Um, YES!!! So, we packed up again and moved on to another hotel in downtown Jackson. Much nicer. We get up the next morning and get into New Orleans. I was so worried the place we were staying would not be nice since things were not going well! It was funny - I was trying to convince the kids the place was nice and tell them about the pictures of it I saw. Colin says, "but are they enlarged to show detail?" ;) But, it was great. The kids loved it - kind of funky-New Orleans style decor. Very cool loft apartment. Nice artsy neighborhood. We spent three nights there. Walked all over the French Quarter. I just love that place. People are just so crazy and carefree. Of course, we avoided Bourbon street at night, or the kids would have gotten an education. We did a swamp tour, went to an alligator ranch, went to the zoo. We got home yesterday. I have some pics up on FB.

So, how is everyone?? Beth and Hottie, love the pictures from SD! You both look great! Too funny about the eggs! So, did you all get one of those stuffed ones? ;) The step class looked awesome - such a big class.

Hottie, how did Joe sprain his ankle? Was it at a class? I have a ton of stuff to do, too. We have no food in the house. I started on the laundry, but lost steam. The kids are back in school today and I'm at home, so I'm enjoying a bit of quiet time!

Beth, oh my, 10 eggs a day?? Was she a plant from Eggland? ;) Cool on the yoga mat! You deserve a few days of rest - I'm sure Cathe worked you hard! Any sneak peeks at anything new Cathe will be doing?

Kathy, so what workout did you decide on?

Hi Chris!!

Off to do some grocery shopping. After looking at pics from vacation, I realized I can't deny anymore that the pounds I'm seeing on the scale aren't obvious on my body!! Need to buy some healthy stuff!

Oh, forgot my workout. Athletic Step and the upper body from Squeeze Stronger. I also walked to the vet to pick up Tully - three miles there and back. Boy, was she happy to see me. OMG - I don't mean to get talking about money, but I almost fell over when they gave me the bill. They did her annual check-up, shots, and cleaned her teeth. She was funny when we got outside. I thought she'd enjoy a walk, but the first couple parked cars she saw, she ran up to like she wanted to go in. Now she's like velcro attached to me.

Really going now...

Joanne

HeyGirls!!!!

It's MONDAY! Wow, I had a tough weekend at work. Not busy/crazy wise, but emotional wise. First off, one of the nurses I've worked with for YEARS was fired this past week. Last Sunday she was a "no call/no show" after a number of other incidents, our supervisor said "I've had enough" and canned her. Very hard for all of us. She is a very good friend, and she has had a lot of issues in her life the past few years (her mom died, her marriage dissolved and she got a divorce, health issues) and she's not done well with it. She's a very private person, and would never ASK for help. We all just feel she could have used some support instead of what she got :(. I also took care of a 25 yr old girl with a new diagnosis of lymphoma. She was REALLLY sick, and came to us from ICU on Saturday. her mother was by her side 24/7, and understandably, was a basket case. But understanding her didn't make it easier to take when she was totally unreasonable and blamed the nursing staff for not taking care of her daughter. It was very hard.

So yes,, Monday! YAY!!!

And I am going to "rest" for a few days. in fact, I'm having a coffee and then going to do a warm up and do a seg of Stretch Max when I get done here.

Kathy: Hope you pick a fun workout, let us know what you do! It's POURING here too. Supposed to for 2 days (flood warnings), BUT, by the weekend we're supposed to be close to 80!! I can deal with it!

Beth and Hottie: What FANTASTIC trip it sounds and looks like you had!!! The pictures were great!! Hottie, you are a Hottie, I agree!! Beth, you look so fit and thin with NO BUTT, I hate you!! ;) .... Beth, did you do the bootcamp on the beach on Sunday? was it fun?... Hottie, What is WAP? and yes, how did Joe sprain his ankle???

Beth: that is a hoot about the 10 eggs a day! OH! A yoga matt! What color is it ?You met Wendy (hot pants) , then? I'm definitely taking a rest Monday, Tuesday and maybe Wednesday. I can't imagine doing all those workouts back to back all weekend!!! No wonder you're beat up!

Joanne: Loved your pictures too!! What an adventure, huh? LOL at the hotel, I was GAGGING when you said your son found "white stuff" on the bed. I would NOT have been able to tolerate the smell. That would have been the kicker that sent me running! (never mind the icky stuff all over everything!)... Nice workout today! I'm a tad jealous, but I will go and do my stretching now. Done with coffee!

BBL!

Aw, Chris, I'm sorry about your work weekend! Sounds tough!!

Joanne, did you at least get your money back from that first hotel, or did you not even care?! Ug! When Travis was about 12 weeks old we drove to Montana and stayed at any little dives along the way. The one in Missoula had bed bugs! We were horrified to see the bugs on our tiny little baby!! They gave us a new room and didn't charge us, at least, but we had to put up quite a fuss for that. I think we still have pictures of the bedbugs because we wanted proof in case the charge showed up on our card. Every once in a while it pops up on our screensaver. I hope you didn't take pictures of the "white stuff"! ;) Sounds like a good trip other than that.... I haven't had a chance to look at the pictures yet, but want to do that.

I did do the boot camp class on the beach, and it was tough.... mostly because the beach just sucked for that. It was too small and the tide was coming in, so we were mostly on soft uneven sand and it just didn't really work. Too crowded to feel like you could put any intensity into a lot of her moves because you had to be careful not to hit someone.

Do you think Joe sprained his ankle in step class? He did not!! Poor guy did it in a pothole in the parking lot. It looked pretty painful, too. That was the afternoon before boot camp (fortunately after all of the other classes, right Hottie?), and the next morning we were supposed to start out running to the beach but Cathe said we're going to walk because she wasn't sure of the terrain. I was walking with her, so I asked "this is because of Joe, isn't it?" She laughed a little, but I really think it was. When boot camp was done she expressed being very happy that no one got hurt.

Yes, I met Wendy, but only really briefly! I really wanted to sit with her for a meal, but it never worked out. Finally at the last breakfast I was going to move next to her, but suddenly she was gone, and I asked and she really was gone. Ask her how she gets her hair into such gorgeous curls. :)

The mat is a really pretty blue. Hottie won something too, but I can't remember what!! We did not get a stuffed egg.... I guess they were selling them? I dunno... they had a bunch of 'em stacked up, as you saw.

Funny, Joanne, I almost did the upper body portion from Sq Stronger this morning! Poor Tully.... it must be awful to be a boarded pet. And yes, it's shocking how expensive it is! Even without any exam attached.

Back to work....

Forgot to mention.... I asked Cathe what's up next, and I can't even remember what she answered, but I know it was sort of a non-answer. So then someone asked specifically if she would ever do a kettlebell workout and she said no. She said she thinks it *may* be a sort of fad, and if so, it would take too long for her to get certified and make a dvd and maybe no one would buy it. On top of that, she didn't want people have to invest in additional equipment, and finally, she also felt that kettlebell workouts since they are so functional don't really lend themselves to the variety that traditional weights do.

I got the nonanswer too when I asked her in February Beth -- I wonder if she ever got that ice cream! Man, we shoulda just eaten it. She gets very concerned about fads -- I agreed with her on her decision not to do the bosu but I'm surprised about the KB thing. No one got the stuffed eggs they were just stacked there. I just thought posing with them would be a hoot. It would have been cool to have gotten them though.

I think Cathe was super relieved we didn't come to the beach Beth! She was telling us that it was a good idea and explained about the softness of the sand and the waves but you could see the relief of -- oh he can't sue me! Joe was pretty pissy though and I had to deal with his moaning for a while about it but he was so good natured on the trip that I let him be. I felt so bad that the one class he really wanted to do he couldn't go to...but I'm still super proud of him for doing so much of the step. I asked him if he ever wanted to do it again and he said, "erm, no."

I pretty much clung to Beth, Chris. There were very friendly people there but I'm just so antisocial! People remembered me but I'm so bad with names! And then I think I made it worse because joe and I went up on stage for the KB section (which btw, every camera guy was thrilled when Joe would do something -- almost to an annoying sense -- it was like, look, there's a dude doing it! get proof!). I met Wendi very very briefly. WAP = wild animal park. I was going to go on a zipline! But we're just going to go another weekend soon. When there's no traffic it should only take 1.5 hrs.

So Beth, is joenzie that woman from texas that posted on FB but lives in Pas? if so, send her my way. I'm always up for workout buddies!

Joanne -- I have been working so hard on cleaning the house it now barely looks like we left. Joe only has his tshirts left to fold, I took care of a couple bill issues, floors were swept, items were put away but I was exhausted when I came into work! We even picked up my bedside table from the refinishers to repair some damage from an evil coaster. But I still have to make sure the lawn gets cut and edged and I still have to call up another wood restoration place and more quotes from landscaping AND call my mother (which I will do after I post). I hope this catch up feeling goes away soon. And EW on the white stuff. your kids are so freaking adorable. caitlyn still looks evily cute.

Oh I won a balance ball -- it was very sweet for Cathe to keep it aside while I dealt with the security people re joe's foot. I have one so I gave it to my friend who's place I was crashing.

Oh, and I bought one of those new steps and I got Cathe to sign it (with everything else). Actually, I asked her to sign the STS boxes to both me and Joe and Joe was really blown away. But when I opened up the step today I was distraught because there was a huge air bubble where the nonskid portion is. But Joe was brilliant -- he took my rolling pin and rolled it out perfectly. I love multitaskers.

Geez, I'm trying to blog about this all and I'm just writing to you guys about it now. Double work. Oh well. Ok, gotta call my mom -- bbl.

Hottie, I tried to tell you guys that boot camp was not even worth it. Honestly, it was really hard to get moving at all. I did not feel like I deserved breakfast (except that I was starving :)). I feel bad that he missed the one workout he really wanted to go to too, but.... he really didn't miss anything. Try to convince him. Are you listening, Joe?! I know you are!!

Oh yeah, I figured you skipped the wild animal park.... sounded like it was straight to work. :( And I don't think you were anti-social!!

I'll point Jonezie your way.

Hey..

I'm in a foul mood now.

So here's my vent:

#1. I have my yearly physical tomorrow and I do NOT want to get on the scale. i KNOW i'm up probably like 10 lbs from last year. I don't want to do it. Damnit. And I'm dreading it horribly. AND, I'm so annoyed that the scale goes up up and up, when I work out like a freakin idiot and eat clean 80% of the time. Fed up.

#2. Alex. Every time he comes home from CCD his homework or class work is ALL WRONG. MARKED RED, WRONG! He puts NO effort into it, just writes whatever down. And today he didn't write down his school homework assignments AND I found the big thing of sani wipes I donated to his classroom, all opened up and dirty in his backpack. I' threw a nutty and I'm so irritated.

So annoyed.

I do enjoy reading about your experiences at the RT, though! Thanks for sharing it all. And if anything pops in your head, just throw it out there!! It cheers me up!

Cathe is always so secretive about her upcoming work, don't ya think? They always make it a BIG announcement , instead of leaking a general idea here or there. It's ok, but it sure has me curious. ... It's too bad she couldn't do a Kettle Bell bonus workout on one of her DVDs, like she did the bonus heavy bag workout.

Anyways, i'm still stewing and scouling :mad:

Oh , and that really sucks that Joe sprained his ankle in the parking lot! Kind of funny Cathe was very concerned about anyone else falling at the beach! ... The beach bootcamp sounds like a big disappointment too. I think that is one I would have looked forward to most too! They must not even taken into consideration the tides, huh?

One more grumpy thing: I burnt my hand at supper, grabbed the handle of the skillet that was IN THE OVEN for 45 minutes. it hurts!!!!

Oh, i didn't feel like I missed that much, beth! I felt like I had a broken butt after that leg workout the next morning! Though I will say I think I LOL when I shouldn't have...in the middle of Joe moaning about missing the class in the car he mentioned something about being the only guy to get injured and managing to do it outside of any class and I laughed saying "yeah!" and then it was one of those moments where you're like...crap, i mean, no I'm sure you weren't the only one...you just didn't see the other husbands...

If I didn't have work and Evee, Joe and I probably would have gone to WAP and just driven up for work Monday early morning but we were worried about experiments and the pooch. Oh, was that pooch such a good pooch. and we were so good about the boundaries...but then when I got into bed...and she was whimpering...i broke, i just broke. Oh, i'm such a pushover.

Chris -- IF you've gained weight, you clearly did it for me to make me feel better and I APPRECIATE YOU FOR IT. ::hugs:: sorry about the hand -- I did that a week or two ago with the hot tea...is CCD work just religion homework or general knowledge homework as well?

I have done that same thing with a skillet in the oven!! What makes us think the handle won't be hot as if it were on the stove?! Arrrrrg!!! :eek: I hope you put something cold on it right away. Oh, yeah, you're a nurse! ;)

Sorry about all the grumpiness. I hate being in that space.

So Wendy and I both agreed that we have your voice in our head and it's a very sweet friendly voice. Especially when you say the "F" word. Ok, that part is just me.

no boar cupcakes for you beth! Yeesh, I felt bad after you wrote that! ugh, I'm such a smart ass. Anyway, I feel empowered. I made a yummy healthy dish (noodles and veggies in a chinese preparation) super fresh and yummy AND I haggled like a queen. We need to get these tree stumps removed but they are so close to this concrete wall that they have to be done by hand and not by machine. So the first guy came by at said $250 and Joe got him to come down to $200. Today, a guy came and said $350. I said, well this other guy said $200. He says...really? Ok, $250. Um, I just said $200. Ok, tomorrow $200. score! I am a hottie shopper I am a hottie shopper!

Oh Beth, don't let me forget to tell the others about my near death joe trying to kill me sailboat experience?

Chris, how's your hand?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.