March 10 Check in Monday 22nd**********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Hope eveyone had a great weekend. It was a beautifully hot weekend here. So, we enjoyed that. Today and tomorrow is suppose to be rainy. The workout for today will be Low Impact Circuit. CCD later...

Ok, now time to get the kids started on their lessons...

Good morning, Kathy! And all! Nice to have some better weather, eh? Hope you enjoy LIC! That's a toughie for me.

I had such an up and down weekend. A lot of good but a bunch of not so good. Stepping into the new week.......

I did KPC this morning -- haven't done that in forever! It does sort of have a feeling of going on and on, doesn't it? I guess that's why I like 4DS kb so much. When I felt myself getting bored I tried to just focus on my form better. I wore one pound gloves for the whole workout. I think I'm really going to feel that. Hope I won't be sorry!

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

hey i hope to write a longer post later today. hope you all have had tons of fun with out me! I want to do LIC today as well but I am debating about keeping it 6 inches instead of 8...just so little energy.

Hi ladies..

Just finished up with LIC...I really like that workout. I don't think it will be too bad to do high step training tomorrow. What did you think Chris? LIC uses the weights. But, they were light weights with faster movements. So, more endurance...

Hottie: Hope you get to LIC. I enjoyed it today. I used the 8". But, I know when I am not up to the added cardio boost, 6" is the way to go.

Beth: I agree that KPC seems to go on and I try to concentrate on form too. That helps to distract and make time go by faster!!

Ok, time to shower, eat lunch and then head to CCD....

Hi ladies!!

Chris, too funny about what Greg made the boys write! ;) Did they actually do it 1,000 times?? I'll have to keep that one in mind. I think your idea of runs and yoga for a rest week is good. You know, you don't have to take the full week. Maybe 3-4 days?

Beth, I like KPC, but it does feel like those combos at the end go on forever. Let's not even go there....(how many DVDs I have!) ;)

Hi Kathy, Hottie! :)

Crazy weekend. Ian had the basketball tournament. They made it to the championship game and lost to our school's other team. Great games, though. Colin had a soccer game and Jameson had soccer games. I had to leave Ian's championship game early to take Jameson to his soccer game. We get there and it turns out it was four hours earlier, so we missed it. :( I was a bit bummed that we missed the rest of the BB game for nothing, but it would have been worse if we missed them winning the championship. DH had a cat scan to try to figure out where his pain is coming from. I don't know if we'll get the results before we leave. Yesterday was cleaning. No formal workout, but I sure worked my butt off! I cleaned the living room and dining room (even moved the furniture to clean the floor!). I started to help Caitlyn with hers. She has so many toys/dolls that she doesn't play with. Usually she wants to keep everything, but she was agreeing to get rid of stuff. So we sorted everything. Have five bags of stuff to give away. Took hours, but it looks so much better. I rearranged all the furniture in her room, too. Boy, do I hate cleaning but I feel so good about it when it'd done.

I did Step Moves on Saturday and today I did Tracy's Cardio Kickbox something or other, the new one.

Tomorrow we leave on our great adventure! We'll probably stay over in Memphis and get to New Orleans on Wednesday. The forecast is looking like the 70s - I told the kids to pack shorts. I'm going to try to get in the 2nd Tonique workout tomorrow before we leave, and then just plan on lots of walking for my workouts.

I took Caitlyn and two of her friends to see Alice in Wonderland last night. It was OK, not my kind of movie, but I think they liked it. It's really not scary, except for a big fight scene at the end, but the girls were fine with it. I did get in a nap. It was pretty funny. We saw the 3-D version, so we had the glasses on. Great to nap under, right?! Well, one of the girls dropped her glasses, so Caitlyn walks over to me to pull mine off to give to her. Of course, I was asleep (hiding under the glasses!) and Caitlyn's like, Mom, you were sleeping! Blew my cover!

OK, got to get some work done before I go! If I'm not back today (I probably will be, though!) everyone have a great week and Beth and Hottie, say hi to Cathe for me and have a great time! And, don't forget, details, details, details!!!

Joanne

Hey Girls...

It's MONDAY! I'm beat again. Last night at work was pretty crappy. We had a nurse do a "no show", so we worked super short and had a patient crash, plus a nurse's aide who prioritizes her cell phone calls and face book over answering patient lights. It kind of sucked! I guess it could have been worse, I did work with 2 good nurses/friends.

But I'm tired! I guess I'm going to tackle LIC. Defnitely 6 inches!

Kathy: YOu give me hope I can get it done! Same weather for us. Rain today (it's cloudy and drizzly out) and tomorrow.

Beth: You did the same thing with baking cookies as I always do. Sample the dough, sample the cookies! You gotta! Lucky you got cupcakes last night too, huh? :p ... I hardly remember what KPC is , LOL!. It does do a lot of slower combos, doesn't it? Th "C" is good from it though!

Hottie: Wondering if you got LIC in too? I'm talking myself into it... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

Joanne: Oh the boys didn't even get CLOSE to writing it 1000 times. IN fact, they talked Greg into 2,000 times!! :eek: Alex had written it on 7 pages front and back and was only on 350!! Not sure how far Zach got, though he TRIED to do it on the computer. Not!..... You must have been so shocked and pissed that you missed that bb game!!! I hate when things like that happen. Good for you for getting some good cleaning done. I will need to start some of that this week. 2 weeks until Easter, and I'm having dinner here for family!!.... Your trip sounds like a blast!! The kids must be excited. I'd definitely want to hit Graceland in Memphis, but I bet there's other cool things to see. (but when will you ever have another opportunity to see ELVIS!?!?!). ... Good workouts this weekend! (cleaning included). You're right, I can do 3-4 days rest. And I bet Monday I wouldn't even half mind a rest day!!

Better get going and get working out... time is ticking!

First off..... Joanne, have a great trip! I still can't believe you didn't cancel so you could come to San Diego. ;) Hope the drive is not bad!! Are you going to go to Graceland when you're in Memphis?

That is a bummer about the game confusion!! Hope the catscan result is good news, and thanks for the Alice update. I don't try to hide my sleeping in the movies from the kids at all -- just hope I don't snore!! :eek:

Chris, sorry work was so crappy! You know what's funny? I skipped the "C", so I guess I just did "KP" this morning! It felt like it was getting too late and I hate ab work on the ball! Well, I hate ab work, let's be honest here.

How was LIC, all you LICers???? :D

howdy all. i don't know what's wrong with me -- I would love to blame it on hormones but the scheduling isn't looking like that. Remember that meeting thursday? Well, instead of my boss getting uber excited and throwing a million ideas at me he was just super pessimistic and was basically saying that my project is too har and we've been shooting in teh dark for too long and he wants me on this other project and not put so much effort in my baby and the whole thing was just super depressing. I ended up leaving early and it was just uh. And the next day wasn't much better and by the time saturday rolled around, I heard some crappy news from my mom, I just ended up taking it all out on Joe. he usually deserves the crap I dish out but not this time. and ugh I felt terrible the next day too. I even did IM2 on Sunday and it didn't put me in a good mood at all. I was forcing myself through it like all the other workouts. I hope my grumpiness goes away before I see Beth so she doesn't think I'm the lamest person ever! blah!!!

But I did do LIC and on 8 inches though near the end I was like, um, sure, watching you get up on the step is the same as doing it (only for a couple moves, I just wasn't motivated). I skipped the core section (again) because I was running late (again) but I was happy to do a more circuity workout. then I was so hungry afterwards i stayed home to have an early lunch so i was late to work (again).

I really hope something I ordered last week comes through so I can do this experiment...i keep on futzing with the hope it'll come in.

Kathy -- i really like LIC as well. sometimes I think its hard to pick my fav five cathe workouts because I like all of them so much but then I forget about ones I haven't touched in a while like LIC.

Beth -- I think we need the RT badly!! i will say the weather has been lovely. I don't have KPC but I adore 4DS KB. I'm still planning last minute details for this weekend. We found people to take care of Evee and now I need to buy clothing! :)

Joanne -- can you clean and organize my house as well? you'll feel extra good at the end. New Orleans is going to be so much fun! take lots of pictures (but don't get too many beads from flashing!)

Chris -- that sucks about the lame nurse. 1000x reminds me of catholic school. that said, i never really hit another child or person (except self-defense) so it seems apt! :) but it sounds like boys are just more physical in general...

ugh -- still feeling so low productivity so I'm trying to do all these little things to feel better and its just picking me up. I also have to get everything done soon so I can drive to teh west side to meet our accountant...

Hottie, that stinks about the conversation with your boss. Are you going to be able to keep on with your project or do you have to abandon it? Oh, this cleaning and organizing thing is a rare occasion for me! ;) Never got the kitchen or basement, but, oh well. Ha - my poor boys would be mortified if I collected any beads! I think this will be a different New Orleans experience with kids, but good. DH and I went a bunch of times in our childless years and had a blast. We won't be on Bourbon street during the evening this time, but that's OK - I'm getting too old for that stuff anyway!

Beth, yea, I think we will go to Graceland. I think the kids would enjoy it.

Chris, no shows are horrible. I couldn't do that to people I worked with in a job like yours.

DH now wants to leave around 3:00am tonight. Ugh! We were planning to leave in the morning after we took Tully to the vet for boarding. He's going to see if he can drop her off tonight. He's right - it would be good to leave early - then we can get into Memphis when it's still daylight and explore. I guess no Tonique for me in the morning.

Once again...have a great week everyone!

Joanne

Hey Guys...

I did do LIC, (on a 6 inch though), and I really did end up getting into it and enjoying it! I hadn't done that one in a long time "as is". The music is fun, isn't it? And ya, Kathy, the weight stuff is very light, I think I could do High Step Training tomorrow. (though I forget what that's like).

Awwww... Hottie, sorry work sucked for you. It has to really be a bummer when you've been working hard on something and then told you need to stop. You wouldn't be the first person to take your work frustrations out on your husband and feel bad. I hope he realizes that? ... And I'm like you, I could name my top 5 Cathe workouts, but then I forget about others. This week is good on the rotation , it has a lot of circuits I haven't done in a LONG while. .... Greg downsized the project for the boys to 500. Funny thing is, Alex took his to school to work on it there in his spare time,and he did over 500!! ..... The even crappier thing about the nurse not showing up is, she actually booked and went on a vacation, thinking she didn't HAVE to work until Thursday. She's f'd up on her schedule before. And our supervisor this morning made it sound like this was it. I think she is going to lose her job . And I love this girl to death too. She's an awesome nurse, and I've worked with her for years.

Joanne: Leaving at 3am probably would be a good thing. Miss a LOT of trafffic right off the bat. Anyways, we'll miss ya here!!! Have fun!!!! See ya when you get back!

Beth: You hate abs on a ball? I like them, except for pikes. Not so much.

Going to go check out that show LIFE I DVRd last night for a bit...

Cupcakes! nom nom...actually, i ate so well and I sent Joe out for ice cream (but at least we had a coupon!). We had to drive to the westside (we live on the east side) after work to see our accountant who just proved to me that he's not worth the $250 and that I'm totally taking over taxes next year. But we went to this tempura+sushi+udon (best f'ing tempura I've had in LA) place we used to go to all the time when we lived there and the lady immediately recognized us and ordered our "regulars" even remembering which meat dish I ordered and that Joe wants to marry that melon bubble soda that only those awesome japanese places carry. I had to drop by lab because I realized I forgot to double check a setting on a machine in my hurry to get to the accountant on time and finally have come home now. and then made Joe get ice cream. Evee is judging me.

Joanne -- you're probably gone and won't read this but i really hope you have a good time and TAKE ME WITH YOU NEXT TIME. I'll get you all the beads you want (not, way too shy! well, maybe if you get me drunk enough...but I've been told that I tend to punch Joe -- no one else, just Joe). have tons of fun.

Chris -- I apologized and even did it in front of therapist but ugh, when you feel crappy for this long even apologizing doesn't make you feel better. I think he does understand it on an intellectual level but we'll see...he holds grudges. grr. lol! i really hope your friend doesn't lose her job! that would suck to go on vacation and lose your job.

hey are any of you guys starbucks drinkers? I have a coupon for a free pastry with drink tomorrow AM:

1ac43f0b737a4b778Ba9c80ee14715ec.jpg

I'm trying to feel more up. I bought my first pair of shoes over $50 last week and they just got shipped -- with tax and shipping I paid $93. I hope they fit (if not, I return them for all of my money). I need new black shoes that fit (whatever weight loss I've had seems to have made my feet shrink enough to be too loose in my old business shoes but not small enough to wear sexy shoes from HS). What do you all think? http://www.zappos.com/taryn-rose-karoo

oh and I decided -- I'm having a make over day in a couple weeks. It's during spaweek which has expensive stuff for $50 each. So, I'm getting my hair done, a facial, a body treatment for my FAT, and...this is the crazy one -- an eyelash perm! I've never even heard of it. I thought the women was making stuff up but yeah...I figured why not? But we'll see if I chicken out before the time comes. eyelash perm! why can't they just make a skinny jeans waist and butt perm? you know, so I can always fit into my skinny jeans?!

nom nom nom

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.