March 10 Check in Friday 19th**********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi ladies...

I couldn't find a thread already started. So, I created one. Hope I didn't dupicate..

Ok, I had internet problems going on this morning and couldn't get on until now...Anyway, Today will be S/H triceps and is suppose to be running. But, I am not sure I will get to do a run today. So, I may do Amy Bento's Hi/Lo challenge instead....

Feeling the chest DOMS, too. I seem to always feel chest work...It is an ok sore like the rest of the week and I like that...

Back to school lessons..Talk to you later!

REALLY quick, but I'll BBL:

Instead of a run, which i've done twice this week, I did Step Moves. Forgetabout that triple run over the step. I need to work on it. Grrrr!.... But it was fun. And then I did S&H Triceps ...shakIN!!!!.... and the abs, since I have little time tomorrow. If I'm lucky I'll get S&H Biceps in for tomorrow, busier day than usual.

Oh, and DOMS are in DA HOUSE! my chest is really sore today! Finally this week!

I will BBL!!

Hey! I almost started a thread earlier, but I realized I wanted to type a lot and figured there would be a double thread, and then I got too busy anyway.

I missed a couple of long posts yesterday.... let's see if I remember to comment on it all. First, RT..... Hottie, I do want to meet you and hang out in person, but I've got to confess I am just not at all looking forward to this RT. How sad is that?! I just don't want to be away from home -- it's been so crazy lately. Ug!!

The Walmart thing.... I saw the news story and then did see your post on fb, Hottie. In fact, the graffiti is "Walmart is enemy #1". I think I hadn't seen the story the first time I saw the graffiti. Yep, Chris, people are pretty messed up to vandalize like they did in your park!!

On gymnastics.... I know two boys who do gymnastics and they are both very strong because of it. One is 12 or 13 maybe? Been doing gymnastics for years and he's very good at it. He also plays ice hockey and is quite good at that.

Ok, I need to wrap this up actually..... my workout.... I did tonique 1 again... was going to do one from the second set but I just wanted to see how 1 would kill me. It seems like it might be getting a little less hard.

Oh, Hottie, on the fast talking boss.... I have worked with people like that -- it is intimidating and frantic-producing or something. Whenever possible, I try to keep it to written communication with those types so that I can have more time to think about what I'm going to say and so that I have their stuff written down so I don't forget it. I know, that probably doesn 't work so well with your boss at times...

I'm overloaded.... gotta' go do something productive.....

Hey Girls...

Done with shopping, I really need to clean but, I am SO going outside for 15 minutes to have a tea in the sun. It's gorgeous out there!!!! almost 70 and bright cloudless sunshine. Ahhh!

Beth
: You are a NUT going for Tonique 1 again, but I admire you. And that's cool it wasn't as hard for you. That's how I'm feeling about the Hiits, some days , anyways.

I'm sorry you're not so psyched for the RT. But I bet once you get there, your worries about home will all go away!

Alex went to his first "trial" gymnastics last night. We walked into a gym FILLED with girls, of all ages, all in leotards and shorts with words on their butt. There was more than one class going on in the big gym. There were NO boys. Alex seemed a bit nervous (*I* was a bit nervous), but I found the instructor, and she took her class (Alex plus 2 8/9 yr old girls, and an 11 yr old girl) to a smaller room to warm up. They did light jogging and then stretches and did a few handstands/somersaults. And then another instructor came and took them back to the big room. They practiced on a long tramp, and a balance beam. Again, GIRLS everywhere, Alex was the only boy. ... I thought for sure he wouldn't want to go back. But he did! He enjoyed most of it and loved the balance beam. So, ok, I signed him up. I think gymnastics is actually a great sport for him too. He likes to move!. If he gets through the next few weeks and still likes it, I'll try to find a specialized boys class for him (unless he wants to stick with the girls classes!?!? maybe!)

Greg rolled his eyes when i told him. he said it would be MY job to bring him to classes. he didn't want to be the dad of the "only boy" there. Whatever. I think if Alex is fine with it, then we should be. But i do feel a little "odd".

Hi ladies!

Chris, I think that is so awesome that Alex wasn't fazed by all the girls in the class! If he likes it, good for him! Yea, what's up with words on the butt?? That reminds me of the St. Pats party we went to this weekend. They had irish dancers perform - about 20 girls and one boy! He was probably around 10-11. I think I got that triple move the last couple times last time I did Step Moves. I love that workout, though.

Beth, I totally get you not wanting to be away from home. I'm always afraid (not that I go anywhere very often!) that DH will forget something or I'll miss something important. But, go, have fun!! I'm sure once you meet Hottie, your misgivings will disappear and you'll have a blast!! ;) I hope Tonique does get a bit less torturous as you go on cause they are brutal!! I may try the second one from disc 2 this weekend.

Kathy, how was hi/lo dome? That is such a fun workout.

Well, I did it! I actually ran today. Not in the sunshine, like I would have liked, but on the treadmill. Used my own music instead of an itrain or CC and did my own intervals. Did four miles.

We leave next Tuesday for New Orleans! Yea! I'm trying to find places to stop on the way to break up the drive, but there's not too much. I told the kids we would try to find goofy stuff like the world's largest ball of string. ;) We'll probably stop somewhere Tuesday night, maybe Memphis. I think the kids would get a hoot out of going to Graceland, but don't think I can convince DH to go.

We have such a crazy weekend. Moreso than usually. Three soccer games and three basketball games. Don't know how we're going to do it. I think someone's going to have to miss a soccer game - we just can't be in three places at the same time! Sunday is CCD, some tupperware type party (it's purses, I think), then I'm taking Caitlyn and two of her friends to see Alice in Wonderland.

Must go do some work...

Joanne

Hi ladies...

Just finished up with Amy's Hi/Lo Xtreme..I really enjoy Amy's Hi/Lo. But, still having problems with her step workouts. Her footwork is tough and on the floor I can usually quickly get back in step if I mess up. But, not with a step. I would be falling all over the place. Anyway, I did the cardio and the s/h triceps....Now, we are off to the park again it is 70 degrees here right now and the sun feels soooo good!

Joanne:Busy weekend. Chris has baseball on Saturday; Lauren has choir and mass. Sunday is catch up from the week and Vic has to go get his baseball team lined up or picked. They call it a draft...Hope you all have fun with your sporting events. Movie looks interesting. My kids said they weren't interested in it...

Chris: My Chris took a gymnastic class a couple of years ago and loved it. It was a tumbling class. It was filled with boys and they concentrated on skills associated with tumbling. He loved it. But, then the teacher closed her facility and he never asked about it again. So, I didn't bring it up. He did it for about 2 school years...I think it is great that he wants to do it....

Beth and Hottie: Your Eggland Best Cathe RT is coming up...How exciting!! Wish I could go...

Ok, time for lunch and the park...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.