March 10 Check in Friday 12th**********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Rainy here today. But, we have been enjoying the warmer temps this past week..Suppose to be a rainy weekend here though. Glad it isn't snow!!!! Yesterday we spent some of the afternoon outside and then we headed to the library to check out books and the kids participated in the art program that the library puts on. They really enjoy doing that...Today I need to clean the house and do some laundry. Lauren has her challenge group at church tonight and then she is sleeping over at a friend's house tonight..

Ok, workout today is Gym Style Back, Shoulders & Biceps. I am still feeling the DOMS in the legs. Really felt them yesterday doing Athletic Step. Oh and I am really enjoying AS more every time I do it...Does anyone know if Cathe will film any workouts this year? I hope so..Forgot to mention also that for fun I downloaded the Step n Motion 1 workout this past weekend. That was her first filmed workout. I watched most of it (downloaded it on my ipod)...I would love to burn it to a DVD and I am trying to figure that out without luck so far..But, I will keep trying it. I don't know if I can do the workout off my ipod. That may be a little tough to do..

Anyway, time to get this day started....

Talk to you later...

Hi Girls!

Long night, little sleep. Zach's usual blood sugars and then Jake started with fevers. Thankfully, no more vomitting! (fingers crossed). He kept down some toast, but I have him upstairs in his room w/ a baby monitor, and he keeps calling me up there! Can I count up and down the stairs as cardio today??/

Hey...At least I got the cupcake last night!

I'm going to also go for GS: BSB in a few minutes. I have this urge to do Athletic Step again, too, Kathy! I've not heard if Cathe is doing any more filming, BUT.. I read in a thread someone thought it would happen since she picked 2 people to be on a future workout DVD in Daytona, remember? Seems likely!

I am excited for Chalene's Turbo Fire workouts though!! Beach Body posted something yesterday about them. 12 workouts, sound like they are HiiTs too. I'm going to start squirrelling away some money to buy them.

Gotta go, Jakey is calling!!!!

BBL!

Chris: Poor Jake!! Hope he is feeling better soon....Count the stairs as cardio for sure! HAHA I remember her having the contest for new background exercisers...Hoping that it is for a new workout...

morning -- I didn't get much sleep last night but I'm not sure what to do since I wanted to make it a short day today! (last friday before boss comes back from europe). Joe is getting a ride from a friend this morning too so there's no way I could snooze him this morning. And Evee jumping in and out of the bed! Anyway -- I had wanted to do Circuit Blast but we'll see how my energy levels are. I feel so bloated too -- we haven't come home until past 8 for the last couple nights and we literally have no food in the house so we've been eating out every night. I don't even think I have bread for breakfast! Eek! But back to bed for now...

Good morning!! Chris, I hope everyone at your house gets healthy quickly and stays that way!! Yikes! :eek: Good up and down the stairs workout! ;)

Kathy, it sounds like you guys had a good day yesterday. Hope the rain isn't too bad. We were supposed to have rain all week, but it was clear (and really cold until yesterday). Today our rain is supposed to be back, too. We'll see.

I did Tonique 1 this morning -- killer! I had to cheat some of the reps finally. I did not burn nearly as many calories this time, though last time I added on the Sq Stronger waist work (but only waist -- not full upper body, so that couldn't have been too much). Oh well! Larry does inform me that the brazil butt lift is working and I should keep doing it (I think it's a combo of tonique and bbl). So, Joanne, if you need inspiration to jump into them, there you go. :)

Chris, about those iron supplements.... you just buy iron over the counter and take it? Iron is something you don't want too much of though, right? The vitamin D stuff is a bad joke! I take one pill a week for 12 weeks, but because my insurance only covers a month at a time, I had to pay the co-pay ($15, I think?) for four pills -- crazy!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday! Hottie, I hope you can work in circuit blast!

Oh, yes, I'll bet Cathe is going to film more -- not only the winners of the step thing (which indicates more step, right?), but she was asking for Butts & Guts 2 input, right? I didn't read that thread, just saw it.

Quickie before I head out for groceries for my sick boy (he's actually better, but man oh MAN, he's passing STINKY gas. I keep going up in his room thinking the cats pooped in there!! :eek::confused:).

I did GS: BSB. I enjoyed it. Worked my muscles until they were BURNING. Not so much my back, but definitely the shoulders and bi's. OUCH! I had this urge to do some cardio afterwards :)eek:), so I took out Tracy Long's Longevity STep (or whatever it's called). I finally tried it Beth!! After all these months... Lol!. I did the first 3 segments. I liked it! It was fresh and a good little sweat. I'm sure it got more intense as it went on. So I did about 20 minutes.

Hottie: I bet you're also bloated from the steroid! That happens with them. Drink lots of water!! Nice you get a short day today!

Beth: Tonique! ACK! You nut, you. VERY cool your butt is responding to BBL though!! ... I'm not sure about iron over the counter. I give it out like candy at work. It's funny, I was all ready to start Zach on a stool softener yesterday (he poops VERY BIG and hard-ish), because we give THOSE out like candy at work. But I decided to call the Ped first. She said they don't usually start kids on them, that they become "dependent" on them. Duh! ... Good thing I called!.... So I'm not sure what to tell you about the iron. Only thing is, maybe you could ask the pharmacist if you don't want to call your doctor? I'm really suprised they didn't start you on some.

SUPPOSED to be short and sweet...

Gotta run!! BBL!

Stinky gas! try a dog who ate a bunch of broccoli!

Joe managed to seriously annoy me after I posted. I futzed aruond at home tried to do Circuit Blast but couldn't get past the WU. So I came to work. and I'm happy -- for once an experiment worked!

Hi ladies...

Hottie: Glad that your experiment went well and sorry for the bad day otherwise..Hope it has gotten better for you....We have a gaseous pooch too. I have never had a pet that can constantly stink up a room...HAHA

Chris: Hope Jake has recovered.. My muscles were burning too...I always forget how tough BSB is until I get halfway through it..I haven't tried any of the newest Tracey stuff. I got the last set she did off netflix and wasn't too impressed with it. Is the new stuff better?

Beth: I didn't see the thread or any talk of B &G 2...I am all for it..Actually anything new I am for and will be a part of the presale. I love Cathe's stuff...

Ok, time to get dinner going. Vic is taking Lauren to church for her challenge meeting...

Talk to you later..

Hey Kathy..... I'm sure I saw some thread where Cathe was asking input on butts & guts -- perhaps it was just speculation that there would be a second one! I saw your answer to her on the abs dvd.

Oh, and I wanted to tell you this morning, but forgot..... there have been a couple of threads on vf forum about burning downloads onto a dvd. I guess you have to convert them to the right format first, it sounds like. I dunno, since I haven't tried. Did you make any progress today?

Another tip I just learned on vf.... this doesn't apply to Cathe's dvds -- I love that you can skip over her beginning stuff.... but you know there are some dvds where you cannot skip over the warning and intro? Jillian's come to mind. Well, theoretically if you press stop during that, and then start again, it'll skip to the menu. Some people had it work and some didn't, and I don't know if that's due to the dvd itself or the dvd player. But a good thing to remember to try!

Chris, how's Jake? I'll ask someone about the iron.... it does seem strange doesn't it! When I first read your post about "iron over the counter" -- I was thinking you were talking about ironing clothes! It's been a very long day!!!!

I was at school all day long. First there was a jogathon meeting, then I had my two hours of 5th grade math labs -- so glad that is out of the way. I actually had to do all the problems today to create an answer key! I was totally stumped on mean and median -- asked the teacher and even she had to look it up and was stumped. It came back to us eventually.....

then I had to help tear down the scholastic book fair... fortunately they make it easy, to it was quick, but still, so late that it didn't seem worth going home, so I sat in the car under pouring rain, reading a magazine and almost falling asleep. Came home, cleaned for a while (still more to do, always!!) and now finally sitting here with some tea. I'm pooped! And oh yeah, I have a tonique broken butt!!

Hottie, sorry your workout was a bust, but yea for your experiment success!!

Hope Joanne is having a good (long) meeting!

Well, Jake is soooo much better! His appetite isn't back so much (though he ate a good sized portion of cheese raviolis for supper), but the fever and the vomitting is gone! WOO HOO! (no sign of those stinky farts either!)

Hottie: Ohhh , Dog farts are nasty no matter What the eat! Broccoli! I think of Evee every time that commercial is on for Ragu sauce. the boy feeds her dog all the broccoli off of his plate! YAY for a good experiment!!

Kathy: I've never done ANY tracey long. I liked this step workout, though. That's all I can say! LOL!. ....

I thought Cathe was asking about B&G for her appearance on QVC. that's what she was selling. Though a Part 2 would be awesome!!!

I'm really just here looking for cupcakes......

well, I've moved on from tea to hot chocolate.... so much for my no sugar policy. I just needed it! It's so cold! At least I didn't bake cookies today like I wanted to....

so glad Jake is better!!!! And no signs of anyone else getting it? Do you think it may have been food poisoning?

There was a thread on iron overload.... thought it was so funny given our conversation.

Oh, and I didn't realize about B&G and QVC..... I guess that's why she was asking about the abs, too. Hope she sells more and more.....

I want hot chocolate...WITH MY CUPCAKES! WHAHAHAHA!

Man, has it been a day. no workout, lots of gorging, but very happy I had done something right at work (and not just right, really well it seems -- dont' want to jinx it before doing more analysis) and then by a stroke of luck we came home early AND I happened to be standing over his shoulder when he was sorting the mail to find a FINAL NOTICE for the electricty/water/sewage bill -- because he had filed away the last bill without telling me (or paying it) so they were going to turn off the power. I literally called them 15 minutes before they closed for the weekend to pay over the phone with my CC. yikes!

But just wanted to say so happy Jake is better and it sounds like no one else got it either! yay!

(oh and do I have a butt and gutt for the RT, beth -- I swear, my eating has been the opposite of clean in the last week and it SHOWS)

nom nom nom cupcakes nom nom nom

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.