March 09 : Weekend Check In ::: 28 /29 :::

So yesterday I had issues with the internet as it kept shutting off -

Yesterday I did CCPP

Today was the last of Burn Circuit 2 - I'm really liking the short workout times.

I'll be in & out this weekend just doing some cleaning up my garden beds and prepping them up. I also need to get a load of new mulch to spread. Fun Fun

Hope you all have a great weekend :)

Hottie Congrats on the new house :)

I'll try to BBL for more personals

picture.php

Good mornin! Eek, I'm a home owner! We've moved about 20+ small boxes already (my gosh, we have so much stuff). You're not on FB, Vlima so here it is:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/a5cDb-H6WmNUFNBwrreJYw?feat=directlink

It looks like its two stories but its one and I'm totally fine with that. i'll take pictures of the inside for before and after post the cleanup. Still feels unreal I guess since i'm sleeping at my apartment.

I have no idea what I'm going to do today for my workout and i'm not sure if I even have enough room TO workout in the current state of the living room (also known as packing central). I have this urge to do LIS+HIS or HSC but we'll see. We have to spend a bit of time planning the workout room today so that'll be fun...

Vilma - CLX is sounding very interesting right now! Shorter workouts sound like a good thing...:)

Last edited:
Hey Vilma! Hottie! and all to follow...

I ended up doing Turbo Jam: cardio party 3 instead of Kickmax Bootcamp Premix. I just felt like "partying"! Both were 50 minutes so I figured what the heck! And I added on the standing ab work from Ab Jam. TJ Ab work is almost the only time I get DOMS in my abs and obliques.

My headache finally went away after a pretty decent night's sleep (in my world, anyhow, still getting up twice to check Zach's sugar). But I "slept in" until 7AM!!! The only unfortunate part was, I dreamt about WORK! I hate that, because I feel like I worked the night and don't get paid! :confused:

Oh, speaking of WORK!!... Did I tell you guys I got notice from my supervisor PLUS a letter in the mail today telling me I PASSED to advance to CLINICAL 3 Nurse status!! I get an 8% raise!!! Pretty freakin happy about that!!

Vilma: Do you feel like you're gaining any strength from CLX so far? It's very intrigueing. I'm not sure what I want to do after STS. I was thinking of taking a few months off, and then maybe doing it again. Not sure if CLX is the way to go. .... What's your opinion? Your garden work sounds nice for a Saturday! Enoy!

Hottie: SOoooo damn cool you are moving into that beautiful house today!! I love that some of your first thoughts are about your exercise room and where/when to get it going! HIS/LIS and HSC sound like good ones to start, if you find the room!! ACK!

Better start doing my Saturday puttering... Saturdays are so tough for me having to dread my work/no sleep/worry about Zach status for 2 nights this weekend:mad: I'll get through though, right?

Hi all, and happy weekend! I got up when it was just getting light to go out and run ccpp -- what a workout! Then I stretched for nearly an hour -- feeling pretty good. I have much cleaning work on tap for today -- oh joy! :p

I'm thinking I'll repeat the last week of meso 1. Still somewhat on the edge, but I think that's probably how I'll lean, but I won't start til Monday since I have kbells tomorrow -- I'm nervous about that -- I never work out in a group setting!!

Vilma, good luck with the gardening -- some of that work on tap for us as well, of course. Chris, glad to hear your headache finally got better -- awesome news about the promotion and raise!!! Whoooo-hoooo! And 8% raise is great -- especially in these times.

Hottie, good luck with the move! Keep us informed -- it's so nice to hear about something exciting like that.

Have a great day!

-Beth

Howdy! Did Double Cardio LIS+HIS. I want to do some strength stuff later, maybe a timesaver from Chest and Triceps

Chris -- we slept in until 7a...and woke up with a hangover headache! We had very little wine last night but barely ate and was very much dehydrated so both of us were like...well, that sucks...we didn't even get drunk...We've taken now a lto of small boxes but man we have so much stuff. I'm hoping to have more done before the movers on the 11th. I think we're doing the move intelligently so we'll see. SUPER YAY FOR THE PROMOTION!!! I want an 8% raise! :)

Beth -- How exciting for the KB workshop! I know what you mean about the group setting. I feel weird with other people around now that I'm just used to Cathe on a TV in my living room. I wish you could do some gardening with/for me. I really would love to work on it but we are just blowing so much cash for this I don't think I can touch the gardening stuff for a year. I'm trying to get a painter and carpet for the bedroom and then we're done spending money for the house for a bit (I'm even going to drive to my friends' house to do laundry since we have no washer/dryer). Oh I have a feeling this is going to be a large splinter deep in for some time - but I'm still happy so please just endure the more than occasional bitching. ;)

Off to pack the car and figure out the paint situation...

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Good Evening Everyone![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sorry I’ve been MIA. Hope everyone is doing great! I’ve missed you guys![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Today I did 4DS KB Cardio only, then I added DM Drills 3,4, and 6 then did 4DS KB Abs. It was a great combo!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vilma: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Great workout today! [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot] Enjoy your weekend![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hottie: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Congratulations on your new home!! It’s absolutely beautiful!!! I can’t wait to see pics of the inside! WTG on your workout today! [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chris: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]WOOHOO!!! Congrats on your raise!! I bet you ARE super HAPPY!!! That’s super great! I’m happy for you! Also, WTG on TJ today! I still can’t believe I sold them a second time around, LOL! Ohh well, anything for Cathe DVDs right? LOL! Funny about your dream (not getting paid for dreaming about work).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Beth: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Great workout today![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Well, I’m off to bed soon. Hope everyone has a great weekend! I’ll BB on Monday [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Sunday Morning

Hottie your house looks really sweet - Congrats once again. I seriously commend you for sticking with your workouts while moving into your new home :)

Yes I really like having my workout done in under an hour.

Chris
Woot! Yay for the 8% raise. That is so awesome as I remember how bummed you were last time that you didn't get it. It's something how they look at paper work and how you write down stuff compared to the actual work you do to determine if you get it or not. I'm so happy for you!

I really need to look into those TJs as I like Chalene's personality and sometimes the only way to get me to workout is that party mood. :p

As far as my thoughts on CLX I don't want to say too much until I am done with the program. Strength gains yes I see it thus far but I wanted to just lean out so no bulk yet which is good. My arms are looking nice.:eek::eek::eek:

This program is nice as you are encouraged to go as heavy as you can for 12 reps but if you reach failure on 10 reps thats good too. She says that if by 9 reps you are not feeling worked then you should go heavier :). By 9-10 reps I'm feeling it and the shakes are starting :cool:

I really love the shorter time to workout but by the time I am done - I am burning up calories as per my HRM and I feel throughly worked. I'll be taking my measurements on Tues. morning as I end the Burn phase on Monday. I plan on starting up the Push phase on Thursday.

Beth CCPP always feels so good after running it ...wow nearly an hour stretch how delicious!

Have a good time w/ Tracey & Rif today at that KB class - details details when you get back ;)

Ivy Glad to see you around. I've been busy as always and when my internet is not acting stupid I can log in. This time of year for some reason I just need to get outside more and that's where I've been so no worries about being MIA chica.
I'm actually hoping I can get some TJs as I have a birthday coming up so I hope I can order some.

Joanne
& Kathy hope you are having a good weekend.

As for me - Never did get back on yesterday as I was busy - I had totally forgotten to get some weed and feed for my lawn so I need to go back to Lowe's later on today.

Today I have the burn intervals from CLX and ab work. Plus my kid is wanting to get new shoes so seems I'll be out in town today :)

picture.php

Good morning! I had insomnia last night so I've been up for some time. Thinking about caffeinating myself for the next moving haul. We are making surprisingly good headway in this. I mean, we're paying a lot for gas but the movers are going to cost $165/hr so I think its cheaper in the end. :) I did LIS+HIS Double cardio yesterday and it was super fun! It's nice doing these workouts that were on the ban for the last six weeks. It's like a new workout that I know all the moves too (but truth be told, I screwed up in a couple places). I think I'm going to low impact whatever I do today but definitely have some weights in. So, either elliptical and chest and triceps or LIC I think. We'll see when I get the energy to it.

Vilma -- thanks for the encouragement! I'm not sure how I'll fare during the week but I think well be good. Joe is treating the move like a workout all day and since we're doing pretty well with it I don't feel bad taking time to exercise. Have fun shoe shopping!

Hi ladies..

Crazy busy day yesterday with softball/baseball and errands...I did my workout...Kickmax bootcamp premix...Today is a rest day for me..

Hottie: LOVE the house!! Congratulations...

Quick checkin here.... I went to the snatch workshop this morning -- I can snatch! Feels so great to do it right. Tracy is so sweet -- she sent me home with an 8kg bell because I have loaned mine to a friend and she wants me to keep practicing. So that I will.

Now I'm out for gardening!

-Beth

Quickie check in for me!

Today is "rest" day for me, and then start Week #4 of Meso #2 tomorrow! How the heck did that happen????

Work was pretty nice last night, but I was sooooo tired! And started getting that one sided headache again. I also got some cramping up in my hamstrings. I wonder if that's from the running this week?

Good to hear you're all keeping busy and out of trouble ;) . Thanks for the congrats on the raise!! :eek: YOu're exactly right, Vilma... All they wanted was the BS on paper. Although, I do think I'm a pretty dang good nurse and deserve the raise anyhow ..LOL! THe KICKER is, the raise doesn't kick in until JUNE 18th. I'm like, what??? BUt I do get my yearly raise next month...

Off to print my workout card for tomorrow, and then hubby should be home with my $5 Footlong! :p

Hi all! Not too much time, but just want to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! to both Chris and Hottie! What great news! Chris, you so deserve that raise! Hottie, the house is beautiful!

Yesterday was a rest day - today was 4DS Kickbox and CTX 10-10-10.

I'll be back tomorrow - need to run and pick up the boys who are three different places!

Joanne

[FONT=&quot]Hola friends![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tomorrow I start my recovery week. I’m kind of looking forward to it because I need the rest, LOL![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vilma: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I hope to buy TJ’s again, but not anytime soon. Have you tried them yet, they are FUN! Hope you had a great workout today![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hottie: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I’m so happy for you about your new home. It’s such a wonderful feeling! I bet you did great on yesterday’s workout. We sometimes mess up a little here and there, but you finished it all the way [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kathy: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Great workout today! I can’t wait to try that premix![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chris: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Enjoy your rest day today! I’m on rest day too! Tomorrow is recovery week for me. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Joanne: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Great workout today! Your workout sounds like it was a good one.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! Tomorrow is a light cardio for me…well, I think it’s light, I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s Jillian’s new cardio workout. We’ll see how it goes. [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Probably everyone is done for the day, but just in case..... Ivy, I like your new picture. I feel so lame! One of these years I've really got to get a picture up.

I didn't tell you guys but last night all four of us went to a birthday party for ten year old twins at a roller rink and had a blast!!! I skated for almost two hours straight. Skipped the pizza, beer, and cake.... I was just having so much fun!!! Pure joy.

After moving a lot of dirt today, I think I will be sore tomorrow -- we'll see. I think I'm going to make it a recovery week so I can practice snatches (Cathe didn't explicitly forbid kettelbell work ;)), and I'll hope we don't go anywhere next week. I'm really thinking next time around I will do the six month rotation of STS though -- I did like repeating the weeks that I did repeat (two, maybe? I forget). I cannot believe that Kathy & Chris are about to start their fourth week in meso 2! Amazing!!!

Anyone interested in that Shaun T's Insanity workout? Looks very interesting to me!!

Oh, Ivy.... I think I may do Jillian's new cardio tomorrow as well -- we'll see!

Hope everyone had a nice Sunday.

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.