March 09 check in Weekend 21rst & 22nd

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi ladies..

Getting our thread started!!

Checking in with Cardio Fusion premix mixed cardio and medicine ball abs...

Have a great day!!

Hey Kathy!

I just got done with that very workout! :eek: Although I was hoping the CF: Mixed Cardio had some Step in it, but it was just the 6 Drills from Drill Max. Still a good little sweat though! I also did Medicine Ball abs, which is cool, i think.

I had one of my worst nights of sleep last night too. I realized at 3:30am that I did NOT change Zach's Insulin Pump site on Friday, when it was due (the sights are only good for 3 days usually). And his blood sugars were really high. So I had to wake WAY up , and set up a whole new set-up and change his site. He wasn't so thrilled about it either! :confused: I was up for about 45 minutes with that, and of course, had a very hard time falling back to sleep. I thought about you , Beth, saying when you can't sleep in the wee hours of the AM, you'll do your workout. I truly felt I could have done my workout, and know what you mean! ... But I 'forced' myself to go back to sleep. I slept restlessly. #1, Because my BICEPS were kiling me! (thanks STS!) and #2. I just wasn't into it. I also managed to have nightmares about going to work and having really sick patients. Lovely!

BUT.. I did NOT wake up with a headache, and for that I am grateful! I stayed in bed until 7am, when one of my kitties was in my face because her dry food ran out. :eek:

It's going to be a long Saturday w/ work tonight, but NO HEADACHE, right?

Beth: I'll bet you'll be surprised with what you can back row. I really never thought I could do what I've done for alot of STS weights. Oh, and I keep forgetting to mention about that high Caffeinated Protein Bar you had! I've felt that way from caffeine in the past too. It's not pleasant! And like you said, there's nothing you can do about it. It sucks! You'll know to stay away from those in the future. Do you still drink Zipfizz? I use it at work on occasion. It gives me a little boost when I feel wiped.

Vilma:
I read about your son and the way he pushes himself. i guess that's another worry in the other direction for you. It'd be nice have a happy medium somewhere.... Hope he's feeling better today!

Good morning!

Kathy - have fun with CF premixes! I've really been thinking about getting that one but I'm pretty sure I have to curb spending in the next couple months. Eek!

Chris - oh my what a terrible way to wake up! the only thing that comes close to it for me is waking up at 2a after being in lab until 1130a to realize I forgot to switch off the pump which meant air was being pumped into the $20K machine and air makes everything break and me waking up Joe to speed into work at that hour (its not a very good neighborhood so I didn't want to go by myself) and desperately trying to fix everything half awake. I think the blood sugar site would be a 1000x more stressful. And Beth is special! I've only been able to workout ONCE in a situation like that and I'm not sure if anyone would characterize me as barely alive afterwards. :)

So, the PT guy said that I *might* be able to have a high impact workout or two. MY orthotics are going to come in next week. I'm thinking BM2 but I should be really careful with how my feet feel. If they feel too funny I'll switch to LIC. But i'm really excited to start incorporating high impact again. I guess I like to jump? I guess I also felt like I have all these great workouts that release these awesome endorphins and I was getting bored on all those low impact things (though I have to say, after 6 weeks of low impact step, weights, elliptical, spinning, stair master, pilates, etc...LIC is the most awesome low impact workout I've found so far for me). My feet are nicely taped up too so I'm hoping for awesome support.

So, if everything goes right, we'll be owning our house next week. It's supposed to close on the 27th. We've started packing too! But we've only packed fragiles so if something does go awry and it doesn't work out our way, we didn't pack away essentials in our life. I'll keep you guys posted and hopefully they'll be pictures soon.

Have a good day!

Hi Everyone! Chris, what a miserable night!! Sounds like it worked out ok, and awesome that you didn't have a headache! Will you get a nap before you have to go to work? Going to be a long night!

I'm going with no caffeine today -- we'll see if I can get back to normal. I haven't had a zipfizz in a while -- I decided that was a bad every day habit for me. I have been drinking iced green tea while I work out -- guess I have to go to water!!

I did stretch a little yesterday -- the kids & I watched Wizard of Oz so I stretched while we were watching. This morning I went for a run -- cardio coach 5. I love that one. Anyway, my feet got completely squishy soaked, but other than that it was great. When I came in to stretch, man oh man I couldn't hardly move -- going to be sore later, I think.

We watched WoO last night because we are going to see Wicked today -- believe it or not. Am I nuts, or what?! I'm really wondering how Dylan will do -- it's a really long show. Anyway, I've got to get these boys clean and dressed in something decent (boys includes Larry here!) and we're off (it's a matinee). Afterward we're having dinner with some SF preschool friends, so, it should be a fun, full day.

Hottie, great news on your feet! Just don't push it!!

-Beth

OMG, Beth! Wizard of OZ is my favortie movie ever!!

I read the book Wicked, but never saw the play. Would love to though!

When you think of it, could you recommend 1 or 2 CC's that would be good for my firsts?

Why are you cutting out ALL caffeine? Do you usually drink it? Just be careful. When I gave up coffee (drink it every morning) when I was pregnant, I got a HUGE rebound headache that lasted for 3 days!!

Hottie: Good news all around , on your feet and on the house! I understand you not getting TOO excited about either. And I'm not so sure my 'awake' time would have been worse than you having to drive out to the lab!! That sounds crazy and all THAT activity , I would have NEVER went back to sleep!

[FONT=&quot]Good day amigas!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you everyone for your wishes on my DS to feel better. Yesterday he was 100% better and still is [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot] It’s like he never threw up. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Today I did 4DS Kickbox Cardio only, the Cathe had this 20 min Cathe Quick Fix, but then I decided to do 4DS Boot camp instead and can you believe that without Boot camp warm-up, boot camp was exactly 20 mins so it fit perfectly! Then after boot camp, I did 4DS Kickbox Abs. Everything was 60 mins. I had a great workout.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Don’t have time today for personals because DH is home and I think he wants to go out and have to get the kiddo’s ready. [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hope everyone had a GREAT day![/FONT]

Hottie, you are too funny!

We had a great time yesterday! Had lunch at our favorite thai restaurant in the city, then took bart to the show and the boys were excited to ride on bart -- we looked like total country bumpkins I think! -- and then the show was fun. The boys got through it fine. Travis loved it. Dylan seemed happy while we were watching it, but as he was falling asleep later he told me it was not what he expected and it was boring. After the show we met up with our good friends for dinner. That was really fun, too, but gosh, as we were all walking back to our cars, one of the little girls fell backward onto concrete and her head made a horrible thud. Having been discussing Natasha Richardson and skiing during dinner, well, it made for not such a great ending. I think she is ok, but need to check in with them today.

This morning I slept in and then did disc 10. I could not face repeating those 176 pushups from last week. I will have to repeat this week if I want my recovery week to line up with spring break. I did the extended stretch -- is it only 10 minutes? I haven't been doing it because I thought it was 20 minutes and that's just too long on a weekday. Then I did Tracy's waist & ab work. Feeling good!! I'm thinking about a kickbox workout tomorrow, but not honestly sure I can handle any punches after today!!

I'm giving up caffeine because I'm afraid that's why my heart is racing so, but lying in bed this morning I thought "maybe I'm overtraining and that's why my heart is racing." Do you think? And then, duh! it hit me! that maybe my thyroid is out of whack. That's probably the most likely, and I did just get my blood checked last week, so it'll be interesting to see the results of that. But, has anyone had racing heart from overtraining? I don't think I am, really, but who knows?!

Did you see Cathe's cardio announcement? I haven't had much time to look, but I want to..... sounds very promising!!

-Beth

Hey Beth I just saw the cardio announcement..I am so getting that. I love cardio!!! I will be purchasing it soon..

Checking in today with rest. We did go down to Washington DC and went through the Natural History Museum..So, walking today!!

Kathy -- nice trip to DC!!! How was the weather? Any blossoms yet?

Chris, I forgot to give you any cardio coach advice. Do you prefer hills or sprints? Take a look at his breakdowns and get the ones with more of what you like, obviously. I am partial to number 5 -- it starts with three 4 minute hills, then you have six one minute sprints and then you finish with I think 4 or 5 30 second sprints -- I love that the time of each decreases with each challenge. Also, if you're used to running for an hour, check the times, too.... 1 and 2 are shorter, though you can combine them -- and for that matter, you can always mix and match, though I've found the flow is better if you leave it to Coach Sean to do the order.

We are going out for sushi tonight to celebrate Larry's & a friend's birthday (we're going with that couple). Her bday is the day before Larry's, so we always do something to celebrate both their birthdays. Busy weekend for us!

I'm going to do some laundry and then read more about the cardio -- very exciting!

-Beth

Beth: It was a great day...A little chill. But, lots of sunshine..We didn't go down to the tidal basin. I think in another week or so on the blossoms though.

Oh Kathy - I wish I did it the way you said. You see I ate half a pizza INSTEAD of BM2. Eek! And then I tried to do it this morning but could only get through the step portion of BM2 because my internal thermostat just wans't working. And man I've been eating like crazy today too! But my DH is like, "you're so silly. You know which workout you want to do to get you back on the horse." So Imax2 tomorrow it is. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.