March 09 check in Wednesday 25th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Starting our thread out this morning!!

Today's workout for me is STS Disc 20..My chest is still sore from Monday and the shoulders a little too...

Be back later..

Good Wednesday morning Kathy and Chris, Ivy, Beth, Joanne , Hottie

Kathy disc 20 already? Wow seems like yesterday you and Chris started STS - Good for you ! Seems you are halfway through the program.

Well I did everything that was on my list yesterday so today I just need to go to the store and fill up what's needed for the fridge and pantry then I have a doctor's appt this afternoon. In between that I'm doing laundry - fun stuff :rolleyes:

Tomorrow I start week 4 of the Burn phase in CLX :)

Hope all are doing well :)

picture.php

Good morning! My lat/back is feeling much better today -- I'm so glad I took it easy yesterday, and then last night I went to bed with a cold pack and I think that really helped, too.

Vilma, good for you for sticking with all four weeks of the first phase -- I don't know that I could do that.

I did the ultra cardio blast premix on BM2 this morning -- fun, but it reminded me of why I don't like BM2 as it is -- it's so friggin' long! Wow, there is a lot in that workout. This morning I was tired and hungry, so it was a morning where I kept messing up even simple step things. Oh well -- still a great workout.

Joanne, must be hard for your husband to try to sleep while the kids are home on break -- I completely forgot he has that reverse schedule. I can totally understand your struggle with leaving them home alone or not -- I would also worry about a giant fight breaking out! I was the youngest, and my older sister was so mean to me when our parents left us alone, so I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do that to Dylan.

Today I help at the school this morning and then have to be back there at 1:45 for a "volunteer tea" -- which is nice, but breaks up the day. Then another meeting there at 3:00. Long day for the kids. I still won't get my oil changed!

Happy Wednesday!

-Beth

Vilma: I know. I can't believe that Chris and I are already on disc 20. Time sure flies by..Do you like CLX? I have a few friends that are doing that program as well...Enjoy your day and your errands!!

Hey Beth...We were posting at the same time. Glad your lat is feeling better!! Have fun at your tea. I know what you mean about BM2. I like the workout. But, it is long!! I like to do it when I have been eating bad and need to punish myself with a tough workout..

Hi ladies!

Kathy, time does fly! You're close to halfway done with STS.

Beth, BM2 is friggin' long - you're right! I hate the warm-up! So long and repititive. Love the rest, though. But, it's really, really tough. Good for you for sticking it out. Yea, DH isn't getting much sleep this week. But at least the kids are old enough where he can go up to bed and leave Jameson in charge. It was really tough when they were babies. He was so glad when Cailtyn went to all day kindergarten!

Vilma, how do you like CLX? Will you do the next phase?

Today was Disc 11. I usually hate working back, but I like the back work in STS. I was able to do kickbacks with 10's - a milestone for me! I'm going to run on the treadmill during lunch - deciding between a CC and an itread. I was all psyched to do CC5 cause Beth was talking about it the other day, but it's not on my MP3. I do have the CD somewhere though.

Gotta run...BBL

Joanne

Hey Girls!

Yep, DISC 20: Legs today! I can hardly believe it myself. Tough stuff, huh Kathy? I don't think the exercises themselves are horribly hard, but it turns into a cardio workout with the tri-sets, don't you think?

I did the Extended stretch too. My legs weren't sore from yesterdays run, but they seemed to get real tight after DISC 20.

Vilma: You are doing great getting everything on your list done so early! I can't believe you are on Week #4 either! :eek: Wow! That did go fast!.. Hope everything is ok, just a routine doctor visit?

Beth: Great that your back is better! Yes, BM2 is long!!

Joanne: I think all the STS work is so different, I've loved it all. I totally understand about the kids being home by themselves. My oldest is 13, and he's ASKED to babysit on Sundays (Hubby and I sleep after working the night shift). I just KNOW big fights would break out. We might MIGHT try it during the summer on Mondays if we have to. (don't really have anyone to watch them on Mondays daytime). Do your kids let your husband sleep ?

Okay... CC People!... do you have your CC's on iPods? I really want to try this, but not sure if it will transfer over to itunes where I can download it to my ipod. ...

Hey! Going out in a few with DH to look for a BIKE for me!! For my birthday in May (I have a feeling it will be an early present). I'm so freakin excited to get a bike again, like a kid on her birthday. I wish I could get pink with the flying tastles!! LOL!...

to Hottie!

Back..... yes, Chris, cc on the ipod. For whatever reason I'll never know, some of them loaded a bit differently onto the mac and I had to create playlists, but other than that inconsistency, it was easy and worked fine -- didn't mess up the other stuff on my ipod or anything. Very cool about the bike and I'll bet you anything you can get pink tassles if that's what you want!!

Oh hey, Hottie, forgot to mention -- very cool that you were able to do imax 2!!! How are your feet feeling today? Is the paperwork signed? Is the champagne popped? Are there any cookies left?! :D

Off to do some chores.....

-Beth

Chris, a new bike sounds so fun. You only live once - get pink and the tassles! :) YES, the kids let DH sleep! Me, never!! Can you tell it's a sore point with me? It's good when he's sleeping during the day after working, but on weekends if he takes a nap no one bothers him. Me, I have to hide! The boys are OK about it, but Caitlyn will always find something for me to do or she needs something!

Hottie, I missed it - are you closing today? Oh, I hope so!! I missed that you did Imax2, too. That must have felt great - and burned off a few cookies! ;)

Hey guys -- yesterday was the escrow paper signing day. I think its now out of our hands and making sure the lender people are fine with everything. It's supposed to close Friday. the few people who I've told think its weird that I've kept this as a secret from most people (leading to a variety of people thinking I'm pregnant), but its weird because I need to keep a reserve of caution to make sure if this doesn't go through, I don't have to deal with everyone talking to me about it, you know? I think everything is fine, but we'll see. It's not feeling so great right now! In my GFE they neglected to put in the prorated taxes and the impound taxes which were another 5K that I hadn't taken into account when I was moving my funds. I barely had enough in our checking account to make the final check -- I have the cash but I *hate* it when things surprise me and especially when they don't need to be. The whole thing is turning out to be 10K off my original estimations a couple weeks ago, which again we can handle, but its like DUDE, that's not CHUMP change AT ALL. We went 20% down which in the good parts of LA is HUGE and there's sort of this level of, "how do other people do this?" (and then its like, oh right, subprime mortgages and all of our friends have ARMs instead of 30 yr fixed and took piggy back loans...) So, I'm a bit in the freak out stage where I'm like, I can still get out of this right?!?!?

Ahh, sorry for all those numbers but its all that's going through my head lately. I come into work like for half or a little more than half days and I can't do any experiments because I can't focus! I feel so bad about that too. And I've been pretty bad with working out. Imax2 felt great and today I wasn't sure what I was going to do and I just didn't want to do the circuit workout planned so I just jumped on the elliptical and figured I'd get off in 20m but I stayed there for an hour and I felt better during and after that. I do not have orthotics yet, they should come soon, but my feet felt fine. I always thought all I needed was a break to let the silly thing heal. I probably won't do more than 3 MAX of non low impact work and max 2 of serious high impact in a week to make sure I don't aggravate it. But we'll be packing and moving and cookie eating so we'll see what actually happens in the next couple days.

Kathy and Chris -- time does fly!! ITA with Vilma in how it felt like you just started...and now there's STS Cardio!

Vilma -- sounds like you're superproductive! Could you do my laundry too?

Beth -- that's awesome that your lat feels better. I like that Cardio Blast premix a lot actually. It's that Chicago cover...if I can get to that song, I can do the whole thing. It just lifts me up. And as for cookies, surprisingly yes. I keep on thinking i've eaten half the box every night and then Joe pointed out that I've said that for three days so that's impossible and there were even some for breakfast (yes, that's how UNclean my eating is now)...so a couple in the box. Oh and there are three more boxes unopened because Joe got me FOUR because it was on sale. So yes. Drive down, help me pack, and have a couple cookies.

Joanne -- you know, i don't care too much for BM2's warmup except that its all low impact so sometimes I used it these last couple weeks to make my body nice and warm. I'm sorry to hear that your son is having some issues in school (from yesterday's post). I'm really sympathetic to it actually -- my sister was a superb student and my parents' never let me forget honestly. I was sorta smart but I got BORED non-stop so I just wouldn't do the work. Even in college -- would break the curve in the hardest classes and get average in the easy ones. It was really hard for me right around the age of your kid so I imagine its going to be stressful for you. but a less stressful note, I put Step Boxing on my netflix queue because you suggested it a while back and Joe does not seem totally against it. :)

Ok, I'm off to surf the web while burning off cookies from the stress. ;)

Okay, you've talked me into it, I just bought 3 Cardio Coaches!!! (#1..because it's short and #5 and #7, because I 'searched' them and they came up best for running!).

I'm
Bananeyessss.gif
thinking about getting to run with that nice voice in my head tomorrow!

So, yeah, we looked at bikes. I ended up leaning towards one that can go on and off road (but not jumping logs and boulders..which i can't ever see myself doing! LOL). Hubby is going to research prices and then we'll go get one. Another
Bananeyessss.gif
But no, there were no pink ones with tasles off the handlebars. I was kind of disappointed with the colors to choose from. Either gray/black/white or candy apple red. Hmmf!

Joanne: I can NOT believe your kids are good during the day and don't wake their dad up! Wow. My kids have NO awareness of me or their dad sleeping during the day. when Greg is sleeping and they are home with me, they are all about fighting and banging around outside his door. ONce I sent one in for a shower (they use the shower off of our bedroom) and BOTH went in and fooled around (loudly!).

Hottie: Holy COW on the "underestimate" and the extra money ! Geesh! I guess we are just too money conscious and give a shit about what we have and what we can pay off (which I naively thought everyone was until this past year!!). Good plan on keeping the high impact down! ... I know your body just wants to keep going when you start good feeling cardio (the elliptical for you today). Do you listen to music when you do it? .... You have me dreaming about Girl Scout cookies! We didn't have access to them this year, and I soooo miss my Samoas!!

One download done, 2 to go!

Squee! Nothing on the house just yet but I just got my new custom orthotics. They feel really cool and NO MORE TAPE!! :)

Here's a pic from the website:

aerobic-jumper-lrg.jpg

He got me this "aerobic jumper" kind where they have all this cushioning so I could do my "straddle taps" (which he said slowly because he still couldn't really understand what I was talking about!). They're really cool and he helped me figure out a way to get a second pair cheaper. After we recover from the house buying/move, I'm really thinking about it. I have to break it in but there's like, WHOA -- support! So, very happy atm.

Chris -- yeah, I know about the $$$. What's weird though is that Joe says he barely thinks about money because he knows I'll take care of it and he knows that I'm pretty risk averse (well, with our own money, I'm not so risk averse with other people's money I guess) so there are moments where he completely has no sense of our output or input or whatever. So, when I see him I don't get too surprised that other people act similarly. (That said, he would never get in too over his head. It really sucks for some of our friends up here. I have two different friends where both of their homes have lost ~200K in market value from when they bought it.) It probably helps that my only real vice is Cathe. :eek:

Oh where are you guys today!?? I'm at a computer and I do not feel like working! :)

Chris, I think I may have misrepresented my kids! LOL! They are definitely not quiet when DH is sleeping!! He's just built up an immunity to the noise, I guess. There's lots of fighting, yelling, screaming, banging, etc. But they never wake him up intentionally for anything, like to ask for something to eat or help with something. It helps that our bedroom is a level up from their rooms and two levels up from the rest of the house. DH closes the door and the sound is dimmed a bit. I know I sound like a broken record constantly telling them to be quiet - Daddy's sleeping when I'm home in the evenings. It goes in one ear and out the other! Oh yea, one time all three boys got in the shower together. What a mess!! Water everywhere. I put a kabosh on that one. Have fun with your CC's!!! I have to go find my CC5 CD and load it on my MP3 Player. I have an itch to do it now!! I bet your DH will be surprising you with that bike real soon!

Hottie, wow, that's alot of money! How frustrating! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you on Friday! I think it's normal to feel so anxious when making such a big money commitment. OK, have to ask - what kind of CC cookies are you eating? ;) Girl scouts? You're making me hungry. Those orthotics look comfy! So, they were custom made for your feet? I had to laugh at imagining asking a doctor about doing straddle taps!! I do feel bad for my son with school. School is effortless for both of my older boys and used to be for Colin. I think he feels like he has to live up to what they've done and now just doesn't care. We'll get through this year and hopefully the break over the summer and a fresh start next year will help!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.