March 09 check in Thursday 26th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Starting us off today!

Workout for me is some cardio off cross train express DVD and stability ball abs.I am sore from yesterday. Mainly in the glutes. But, all the leg muscles remember DIsc 20!!...

Be back later to say hi..

Hey Kathy! and everyone to follow

My glutes are also talking to me today :eek: My plan is to do the 10/10/10 off of CTX and then hit the park for a CC Run! You are all going to think I'm whacky , but I thought about this CC Run everytime I woke up last night. I scare myself sometimes.... I hope I like it! I will try to get in SB Abs too, if not, I'll do it tomorrow..

Good morning! Enjoy your cardio, STS Twins. Chris, I think you and I might actually be workout twins separated at birth, because whenever I wake up in the night I think about what workout is on tap and usually get excited about it. I hope you like cc!!

I did STS 12 -- legs this morning -- boy, I sure love the legs workouts in STS!! I went a bunch higher on my weights finally today -- I'm going to be feeling it. Could barely do the bonus work with the stability ball.

I realize I have been short-changing my abs -- doing only twice a week -- I really should work in a third day, but the timing is tough. I may do abs on my rest day. How bad is that?

Now I need to figure out whether or not I'm recovering next week or repeating this week. I'd really like to repeat actually, especially since I mostly missed my back this week, but..... if I'm really going to be home for spring break I want to take advantage of sleeping in yet getting in good, long workouts (meaning no short-changing the abs or stretch!).

babble, babble.... today's my crazy day. Catch you later!

-Beth

Hi everyone. Hey, I don't think Ivy's checked in for a couple days. Hope all is well.

Kathy, which CTX cardio are you doing? I always forget about those and they are short and intense workouts!

Chris, you're not crazy!! I wake up all the time and think about the workout I'm doing the next day! ;) See, Beth does too! Especially if it's a new one. I hope you like CC. They're on sale now for only $4.95, so you can't go wrong!

Beth, it's OK to do abs on your rest day, I would think. I did STS 12 today, too. I loved it, but OK - those one leg sit and stands are just impossible for me. Can't even come close to doing one. I just dig my one heel into the floor when I do them. I did the med ball abs. I switched the legs to today so I can run tomorrow. This week has been good for me since the kids are on spring break. Don't have to rush my workout so I can get them up and ready for school. Next week they go back and it's my rest week, so that should work out good.

BBL...

Joanne

As planned: CTX 10/10/10 and then CC #1 at the Park!

10/10/10 was a good intense 30 minutes, huh Kathy? I had never done that one before! I liked the shortness of each segment. And oddly enough, I LIKED Hi/Lo!! Got my HR UP there!

And then, after a snack and a little "rest" , I headed out to the park with Sean. Wow. I had no idea! I did #1, and did sprints in place of the hills. I wish people couldn't have seen me, because I felt like spitting after I was done with the intervals! LOL! Kind of cool. The music wasn't "all that", kind of boring, but I was pushed for 30 minutes. I'm curious to see what the others are like. I did burn approx 500 calories for those 30 minutes though! :eek: And my legs (quads) were YELLING at me, guess STS legs kicked in during the run.

Beth: (and Joanne!!), Glad I'm not the only 'weirdo' that thinks about and gets excited about their workout in the middle of the night! LOL!! we are crazy girls! Ohhh.. yeah, the Bonus Ball at the end of Disc 12... I remember REALLY struggling with that baby! You are def going to be walking funny tomorrow... You know I thought the same thing about abs only twice a week, BUT... #1. They are 20 minute sessions (instead of smaller ones, more often) and #2. Debbie (aka Fitness Freak) thinks that working abs 2x a week is enough. That's all she's ever done. And you've seen HEr abs... LOL. ..See how you feel after finishing the week. I was SOOO ready for a rest week at the end of Meso 1! If you're not, than do the extra week!

Joanne: I got 3 of the CC's for that price! Not too bad! Yeah, the Sit and Stands aren't my strongest either. Yesterday I did do a FEW without my other heel on the floor. Good luck on running tomorrow! hope your legs feel up to it!! :eek: .. Oh, I was relieved to hear that your kiddos aren't "quiet" during the day for your DH to sleep! Makes me believe mine aren't so nuts!

Gotta go do some dishes and laundry.... and watch a little DVR'd TV...

BBL!

Okay!! Just cranked out SB Abs!
Bananeyessss.gif

Wow, Chris, that's awesome - three different workouts in one day!! I think you might like CC5 better than #1. I think it's a bit more motivating. I didn't like the music too much the first few times, but it grows on you.

I just went to lunch with a good friend and got some really sad news. Her DH has testicular cancer. They are both the nicest people and we've been friends for over 20 years. He has some more testing to do, but so far the prognosis is really good, but still, it's scary and the treatment will not be fun. So, please say an extra prayer for them if you think about it.

I was really bad during lunch. I've been craving a good hamburger. Well, they had a bacon cheeseburger on special, so I got it. Oh, it was yummy! But, I felt icky afterwards and realized I really haven't been eating much red meat, which is probably good. But my stomach didn't like it too much. I think I need more protein - yesterday I got home from work and was just ravenous - eating everything in sight. Not good. Not the first time that has happened. I think it was the combination of doing STS in the morning and then running. Or just my inability for any self control when it comes to food. :( Oh well, I plan to just have a light snack tonight - no dinner and start fresh tomorrow.

Have a good night all if I'm not back here.

Joanne

I can finally get online!

Sheesh my internet modem keeps acting up and I couldn't log on until now.

Anyhow I did my workout and I need to up my weights, I need pace weights or something to get in between poundage. I'm going to Lowe's sometime soon to see if they have any weighted magnets for less than I would pay for those pace weights . At the moment I just cannot afford any outside home spending :confused:

BRB my Cassie keeps pawing me to feed her :rolleyes:

Ok now perhaps I can keep posting without anymore interruptions :rolleyes:

Kathy wow glute doms are a good indicator that you guys are working it good ;)

Chris I really enjoy CCv7 its a long run but you can always break up the sections if you want a shorter run. I have them all and just did V5 last week :) . Like Joanne stated the 1st CCs are older and although great runs the higher the number I feel the better the motivation esp Press Play.

Sounds like you had a great 30 min run though ;)

Beth
so glad you are enjoying the leg work in STS. Soak tonight in epsom salts if you can to hopefully decrease the DOMS tomorrow and have some bananas :)

So you did end up canceling your spring break vacation ? I thought you guys were going away for Spring Break?

Joanne You know I can't eat burgers like that anymore either or I'll be in pain doubled over. If I eat hamburgers its because I made them myself with the super lean beef. I hope your tummy is feeling better.

Sorry to hear about your friend's dh - cancer sucks big time:mad: It is scary to deal with it all. When our son was 4 months old my husband was 26 and was found to have cancer in his bladder. Thank God it was treated and it's gone but he still has to go in for invasive check ups. During that time of not knowing here I was a 25 yr old mother of two babies living in England not knowing what was going to happen. It was such a dark cloud looming over us.

I pray all goes well for your friend.

Waving hellos to Ivy & Hottie.

Have a great evening everyone :)

picture.php

Chris: yes, I liked that workout too. I don't remember ever doing it before. If I did, maybe once and a while ago..Great job adding that run!!

Vilma: I would love to know what you find out about those weighted magnets and the cost. I would like those pacemates too. But, can't really spend the money. I just ordered the STS cardio. So, nothing else right now!!

Joanne: A burger is so what I wanted for dinner. We went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. I ended up trying to go healthier and had a chicken meal with broccoli and mashed potatoes...Sorry to hear your friend's bad news of cancer..Hope all is good with them..The cardio I did was like Chris the 10/10/10 cardio segment...

Beth: Take the recovery week. I know I needed it when it came up!!

Hey Everyone -- well, whoever might see this so late in the day......

burgers.... I had one for lunch the other day! Tuesday, I guess it was. I ate fries and onion rings with it, to boot! I felt horrible that afternoon, and did not eat dinner! I have not been very good lately -- today was better so far. It is sooooo hard to find balance in eating, it seems!!

Chris, I keep forgetting to mention your vitamin swallowing problem -- I have the same issue, and I have bottles of vitamins sitting around making me feel guilty about having spent the money and yet I just can't swallow them! It's interesting how everyone is on a vitamin D kick these days. That's one I haven't yet bought!

This morning my legs and hips felt super stiff, but right now I feel like I won't even have doms -- we'll see! I like the epsom salt bath idea, but not sure I'll get to it.

Joanne, I'm sorry to hear about your friend! I will send good, healing thoughts their way. Vilma, how scary that must have been for you at such a young age!! Glad it worked out fine.

-Beth

P.S. I forgot to mention the spring break issue..... I was able to cancel at the sort of dude ranch place -- they were very nice about it since they hadn't yet charged the deposit. Larry desperately wants to go skiing, but at this point I'm thinking we may just stay home -- it's not a great time for him to leave work, and I have plenty I could do around the house. I need to pin him down before Sunday's workout though!! :D

-Beth

It's so funny when we're synced. So good news -- my stuff is closing tomorrow for realz!! I will write more tomorrow since most of you probably won't read this but the thing we synced on...as we were traveling on the 10W I told Joe, "I want a jalapeno burger..." so burgers tonight. Oh, glorious fat, how you taste so yummy...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.