March 09 check in Monday 23rd

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi ladies..

I hope I didn't miss the thread..I couldn't find one started. So, I thought I would start us out today..

Workout for me today is Disc 19..I will get to that in a little while. I am finishing up school lessons with the kids right now..

Pretty day here too..

Hi Kathy, and all! I don't think you missed it -- I kept checking, but didn't start for fear of double-starting. I guess people are having issues this morning, maybe.

I did the first plyo leg workout as cardio this morning. As Joanne mentioned once, I do feel like I need to work my legs more than once a week, on the other hand, I'm feeling like I'm cheating the "shock factor" for meso 3. I really liked the workout though -- great fun and moved so fast. That's my kind of workout these days. I'm so excited about the new cardio, though I know there will be some I'm not thrilled with (the heavy bag is first that comes to mind). I'm thinking I may take advantage of the 20% off other things with my pre-order, and I'm wondering if you can tell me if cardio fusion is worth it (since Kathy and Chris you both just did it). Also, what about hardcore extreme? Those compilations seem silly, in a way, but on the other hand, it's sometimes fun to have things rearranged a bit. Let me know what you think.

We made progress on the garden yesterday! Planted some seeds in pots for things that can be transplanted. The kids helped, and I am psyched that this could be a project they could be involved in, be excited about, and may even get them trying new foods! Travis is part of the GATE program at school, and as part of that is doing an "Autonomous Learner Degree" and I'm hoping he could do a report on the whole garden project for part of that extra work he has to do.
It was a busy day yesterday between that and the sushi dinner later. Fun day, though the weather was a bit blustery. It was very cold again this morning, with ice on my car again.

I hope everyone has a nice day -- Chris is it TGIM for you?

-Beth

It is DEFINITELY TGIM for me! except the boys had 1/2 day today (Conferences) and I'm irritible! I'm trying to keep to myself...

I'm off in like 2 minutes to do DISC 19, Chest Shoulders Triceps (Week #3 of MESO 2 :eek:)

I'll check back in later..

Oh! And I was so excited and surprised about STS Cardio announcement yesterday! I had NO clue.... Everything I read by Cathe when people asked about MMA, she said she was still busy with STS and wasn't even thinking of her next project... Sneaky!! After ordering the first STS, and having doubts, etc, and being totally in love with these workouts, I think I can safely say, I could pre-order ANY of Cathe's stuff and love it! Will put my order in tonight, mprobably...

Hey Beth: I love both of those workouts..I would get both workouts if you can!! I haven't tried the plyo legs yet. I thought I would wait until it comes up in the rotation..

Chris: I am excited about the cardio series too. I am going to preorder here in a few minutes..and I would agree that I would love it too.

Ok, finished up with Disc 19..It was tough...the weights are getting heavy!! My muscles feel ok. I think I will have DOMS tomorrow. I just hope I am able to lift my arms!! LOL

Hi All!

I didn't start the check in when I was up at 5am as I was / am dealing with the migraine that announces TOM soon approaching.

Been dealing with it for the past few days now along with 2 sick/ grumpy a$$ kids esp my youngest who is just so whiny and clingy - wahh I need a calgon bath pronto lol

Today was my 'Friday' and I ended my workout week with Burn Circuit 3 and Stretch Max the band workout. It was so good.

I saw Cathe's announcement but I need to see if I can swing the $$$ as I'm still paying for Silver's hospital stay and he has a check up coming up soon. I wish Cathe would give more time so I can squirrel away some play cash as I don't want to go into the household fund. My husband would have a cow :(

Anyways I see all are well and shocking it with STS ;) You all go Girls!!!

Big Hugs as this was supposed to be a quickie check in as my head is killing me and I need to go get my son from Track practice.

Muahs to all :p

Kathy, I know -- I was going to wait on plyo legs, too, but after seeing the cardio announcement I couldn't! :p Thanks for the words on those two dvds I asked about.

Vilma, good luck with the migraine! Oy. And, I hope you can figure a way to swing the STS cardio -- it'd be so fun to have you talking new Cathe cardio!

-Beth

Hey Again!

Not sure if/when i can get back this evening. I have to go to Zach's parent/teacher conference for 7p tonight... So I'm posting quickly now in between chpping veggies for salad!

Disc 19: Chest Shoulders Tri's .... DONE! Yet another "twist", Cathe did a few sets of "waves".... Going up and down with weights , varying by just 1 or 2 lbs. Interesting! I just got done reading a post on STS Forum about having trouble lifting the weights into position with this workout. that DEFINITELY happened to me! I was doing Chest Fly's with 30 LB Dumbells, and it was an "issue". Not sure what will happen in Meso 3?!?!

Did you like the "Waves", Kathy?

Beth:
thanks for the recommendation on CC. So, If I don't have access to Hills when I run (well, I do, but they're short ones) , than I couldn't really do the CC with hills, right? I could do the sprint one..,. I'll have to look into them when I get a chance. As far as the Cathe DVD's, Cardio Fusion is a great cardio workout. Plus it has premixes! Ya know, I have Hardcore Extreme, but I think have only done the intervals? I've never done the others. Or maybe I've done none of them, yet. LOL! I'm a big help, huh? .... YOur garden sounds like an awesome project!

Vilma: ((((hugs)))) on feeling crappy and having crappy kids! Hope you all feel better ASAP!!!

I have to run!....(errr. I mean chop chop!)

Hi ladies!! I'm so excited about the new series!! You know I ordered! ;)

I ran with Tully yesterday - poor dog is out of shape! We actually walked more than ran cause she couldn't keep up.

Today was Disc 10. I'm looking forward to a rest week - although I'll try to run a few times, and then Meso 2!

Beth, I haven't done Cardio Fusion in a really long time, but I think it's pretty good. Hardcore Extreme is tough! Your garden sounds so cool. How fun for the kids. I really liked the Plyo Legs, but have a hard time fitting it in.

Chris and Kathy, Meso 2 sounds tough! Chris, wow, 30 pounds?? That's awesome! I think you could do the CC outside - just do sprints when he's doing hills. It won't be the same workout, but the music is great! It's really motivating.

My kids are on spring break and drove me crazy today!! I work at home on Mondays and couldn't get anything done. They all must be having growth spurts, because I must have heard at least 20 times - I'm hungry - there's nothing to eat. I'm bored, yadda, yadda! I feel bad for them because their friends on the block go to a different school and have a different spring break. Most of Jameson's friends from school seem to have gone to Florida for spring break. We have no plans since DH and I used most of our time when Caitlyn was in the hospital. We're saving our time for the summer.

Gotta run and check on dinner...

Joanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.