March 09 check in Friday 27th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies!!

Getting us started today..

Workout for me will be STS Disc 21....I am still sore in the lower body. My upper body is now ready for some DOMS!!!

Hi Kathy & all,

Today was a rest day for me -- I slept in and then did no equipment abs and a little bit of Chalene's recharge, but then Gina was bugging me, so I stopped early. Everyone is up super early in this house today!

Chris, I also forgot to comment on your cc run yesterday -- yeah, the music to me is very forgettable, but it doesn't bother me, and it's more Sean that I'm listening to. It's definitely different than running with my favorite tunes, but I really think I push myself harder with it. Ok, let's be honest.... Sean pushes me harder. Also, on the hill challenges I have been known to do walking lunges or step ups or just something different to change it up. Depending on where you are, that might not work so well! :D

Turns out I have a kettlebell snatch workshop with Tracy and her husband Sunday morning -- I hope I am ready for it!! I still haven't figured out the recovery week timing, but figure I can always shift a day this week if I need to.

Hottie, you got your orthotics?

Joanne, we are working with someone named JJ Beane. Makes me think of you!

Oh Ivy, where are you?! Hi Vilma!

Happy Friday!

-Beth

Beth -- define sleep in!?!? I think you're sleep in is Joe's wake up early. Yep, I got them and I like them. I really notice it in the way my heel gets cushioned in almost every step. I tried it out yesterday with C&W (my non low impact but not super high impact workout) and it was pretty nice. I have to figure out the lacing on my step shoes though because I had them looser when I had the tape around my feet but now my foot is moving too much in the shoe.

Kathy - don't you love that? I love that feeling of, wow, now that my lower body is sore, let's work on the non sore part to soreness. I actually have been cursing myself that these last couple weeks when I had such a great opportunity to do real strength training that I did nothing. I just fall off the wagon when I'm so stressed...

I get my house today! Everything went fine yesterday -- I have an awesome broker who just worked like crazy -- and all we're waiting is for the title transfer call today. I'll put pics up later of the house (from the MLS though since the front lawn hasn't been mowed in weeks...) I so don't want to go into work!!

Hottie: Great news!!! Good luck today..Can't wait to see the photos!!

Beth: Enjoy today's rest...

Hey Girls!
loveshower.gif

Just got done with DISC 21, Back & Biceps. Gosh, I totally went to failure on the biceps at the end. Holy bejeesus, I felt like a weakling! I also used my lateral pull down on my home gym with 50 lbs and really felt it. It's hard for me to do the pull-ups on my barbell on the gym because I need to load them so quickly for the back rows. So this worked out MUCH better, and the weight was hard for me.

So, I have that freakin one sided headache today. Hate it. I even did the Neti Pot, no change.
2mo5pow.gif

You guys yesterday with the burgers!! LOL!. I haven't done burgers at a restaurant in YEARS. I can see myself getting an upset stomach from them for sure. I do love my own burgers on the grill at home though. (turkey burgers). I did "get into" the PB jar last night , so I haven't been an angel either. I was stressed , my mom was sick and I almost had to bring her to the ER, and I just felt hungry hungry hungry
91.gif
!

Beth: I don't think I was the one that said I had trouble swallowing pills. I'm actually pretty good at it! LOL! But I do have trouble with some vitamins, they make me sick to my stomach. The reason I stopped taking B12's and Magnesium. Ick! ... Yes, Sean is motivating! I agree with that! And I've never EVER run like that in intervals before. I think I should do the walking lunges in place of the "hills", though. i was sprinting as fast as I could for them, and pooped out quickly! I did miss my music, but I can see myself doing both when the mood strikes me. ... Good luck on your KB Sunday! Did you decide whether to take the rest week? How do you feel?

Kathy: Yes, I'm still sore in my lower body (glutes the most) too! I think also because I ran yesterday. I did #21 this morning. A lot like last weeks, but a good one, My bi's KILLED me last week, I wonder what I'll feel like tomorrow?

Hottie
:
oregonian_winesmiley.gif
to you on the house!! That's awesome and exciting! I'm excited for you!!! You'll get back to weights, your Circuits sound like they are just right for you right now. C&W! Haevn't done that in forever!! (Isn't that the Buttercup one???)

Joanne:
How sad about your friend's DH diagnosis. It is HIGHLY curable though. But still, cancer is just scary no matter what. I know if I hold off on eating something SUBSTANTIAL in the afternoon, I get pretty ravenous at dinner and after dinner.

Vilma:
Do you have weighted gloves? I use my 1 lb weighted gloves and also strap on my 2 lb & 5 lb wrist/ankle weights to up the weight by just a few for STS. Debbie (Fitness Freak) gave me a website once for a magnet substitution for those pace weights. I'll find it and post it, if you want to look. ... You have me anxious/excited to try CC #7 now!

It is a gorgeous day out, and I have a few things to do... Better get my arse moving!!

BBL!

Oh Joanne! Kept meaning to ask you how YOUR mom and dad are doing!..How are they?

Okay, now I'm outtahere!!

Hi ladies!! Happy Friday! I went home last night and just had a bowl of cereal for dinner (I was the original burger eater yesterday;)) It was good (the burger), but next time I'll get the chicken breast instead! ;)

Chris, Is your mom OK? Hope she's feeling better. Good job on Disc 21!! I wish there were guided cardio workouts (like CC or itread) that used good running music like we have on our iPODS. That would be just perfect. But I'm sure it would be way to expensive for the licensing and all that.

Beth, that was me with the pills. I actually got them down yesterday without a problem, but forgot to take them today. The kettlebell workshop sounds fun! We'll need details.

Hottie, yes, yes!! I'm so happy for you. Hopefully you are a proud homeowner by now!! Good luck with everything. Oh, here's an important question - is there a good space to workout in the house? ;)

Vilma, Target has wrist weights - I think the 2lb ones were about $8. I was having the same problem and didn't want to get into the pace weights. They also had 1 pound wrist weights. I've been using them for STS. They are a bit uncomfortable, but serve their purpose.

Hi Kathy! How'd 21 go?

I just finished doing itread 5 - 40 minutes on the treadmill. You know, I think my endurance is getting better - it was almost a bit easy! But, it's more of a steady state run, so not many hills (except one that was 10% that you walk up) or sprints. But it was good. Then I go to take a shower and no hot water! :( UgH! You'd think they'd warn you ahead of time. I took a very quick cold one. Torture!

Tonight we're doing the wallyball thing with the kids again. We've got about 15-20 kids coming this time. Should be interesting. ;O

Chris, thanks for asking about my parents. Actually, they're doing OK. My mom's totally over her stomach bug and since they took my dad off this one medication that he never should have been on in the first place he's a little better. Still needs round the clock care, but he can move around in the bed a bit more so he's more comfortable and is getting a bit of his old spirit back.

Yikes - I'm a bit chatty today! Better go do some work ---

Joanne

Hottie -- congratulations!!! Can't wait to see the pics. Are you sleeping there tonight? I slept in 'til about 5:30 this morning. :p

Chris/Joanne, you know, as I typed that about the vitamins, I was thinking maybe I had it mixed up. But Chris, wasn't it you who said your dr. was really pushing the vitamin D? Somehow I really thought that part was you, but maybe I'm all mixed up!

Haven't decided about the rest week! I really wish we could get our act together on the going away or not front. I'm feeling like I'm dragging, but it feels like has more to do with lack of sleep than STS.

Joanne, I was also wondering about your parents sometime recently. I'm glad to hear they are doing ok.

I've got to go run some errands before I pick up the kids. Happy evening!

-Beth

Is it time to go home yet???

Beth, my doctor was pushing fish oil and omega 3 supplements. So those are the ones I'm choking down! I was going to sleep in till 7:00 this morning, but woke up at 6:00. I went downstairs and watched Grey's Anatomy! What time do you usually get up? I'm usually up by 5:30 if I'm working out.

I got some good news last night. Remember our cabin/cottage saga? No bathrooms? Well, I called the woman who rents them out last night to find out about sending in the deposit and she said they've been upgraded and both have bathrooms. Alleluiah!! The other good thing is she said we can bring our dog! Although I'm having second thoughts about that for a few reasons. I don't know how she'd be if we left her alone being in a strange place. We'd usually be with her, but if we wanted to go out to dinner or something... Also, the woman said she has a black lab that roams around the camp site/cottage area. Well, Tully gets frantic when she sees another dog. I'm hoping she gets used to it and doesn't go ballistic. But, the alternative is having my MIL stay at our house with her (not really what I want to do!), or putting her in a kennel. That just seems like an long time to be in a cage. :( They do take her for walks though. Anyway, it's Friday and I'm bored and rambling! Better go....

Have a great weekend if I'm not back!

Joanne

Hey Joanne! It's time to go home!!! :p

I'm finally home, after errands and then staying at school forever so the boys could play. The weekend has officially begun! Da-ta-da-da!!

My alarm goes off at about 4:50 on school days. I woke up without an alarm today.....

that's very cool about the cabin upgrade! I can see your dilemma about the dog..... we had the option of bringing our dog to the place we decided not to go, and we were not going to bring her because we figured there would be a lot of time during the day even that we may not have wanted her with us, and we didn't want her stuck in the crate. Also, she gets really carsick, and it's a long drive......:eek:

Ok, off to play some games with the kids, or something...... have a great weekend!

-Beth

Hey...

It's been a long day fighting this freakin headache. hate when I get these & nothing ever works. I even tried pressure points on my TOES like I read in a mag...And it seemed maybe it worked for about 5 minutes.. :confused:

Joanne: My mom IS ok. She got a bit panicky. She has high blood pressure and kidney disease (from years of having HBP). She felt dizzy with pressure behind her eyes and nauseated. She thought it was her BP being REALLY high (and maybe stroke?) and was afraid to take her BP at home. But she finally did, and it was ok. But before that, I was packing up to go pick her up to go to the ER. Turns out she feels better today and is suddenly all stuffed up. Soooo..it's HER sinuses! Ack! ... I'm glad your mom & dad are doing better! That's fantastic news your dad is moving better too! ... That's GREAT news about the cabin upgraded!!! Not sure about the dog idea either. I mean, if you take her, you wouldn't be able to change your mind if things dont' work out.

Beth: Yep, it was me with the doc that was all about the Vit D. Vit Ds are SMALL pills so easy to swallow, and they don't make me want to puke! Always a good thing.

You guys are so excited about it being Friday! :eek:

tonight we ARE going to do a family movie night! the boys wanted to go to the movies to see "Monsters vs Aliens", but I just wsn't feeling it. So we're ging to do "Beverly Hills Chihauhau" at home !! They were happy, they love my popcorn! LOL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.