March 09 check in Friday 20th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi ladies..

Getting us started today..

Today's workout for me is DIsc 18: Back and Biceps..

Hope everyone is doing well today..

Check back later!!

STS Disc 9- Accomplished.

Good Morning Kathy and all who follow:

My alarm went off at 530am, then DS woke up 1 min later complaining that something hurts, then he starts throwing up all over the place:confused:! It was all clear. After that we cleaned him up and laid him back to sleep since he was still tired, and I went to do my workout. Poor thing is not feeling well, because he’s just lying on the sofa and not doing muchL. He slept my DH while I worked out. So I was able to get my workout in and it was great. I mainly used 8, 10 lbs, and 21.5 each hand for Dead lifts. Then I did the Extended Stretch. I really like that stretch, it’s so relaxing.

Kathy: Have a great workout today! :)

Hope everyone has a GREAT Friday and Workout!! :eek:

Hi Everyone! Happy Friday, or OSIF -- whatever fits! Ivy, too bad about your son! I hope he's feeling better. Vilma, how is your track star who's sick? I hope he's feeling better too!

Today's my rest day -- was going to get up and do yoga, but I woke up at 4:00 -- pretty wide awake, but thought I could use a little more sleep. I went back to sleep until 6:00, so it was a nice rest day. I can tell I could really use some stretching though, so I will try to get to it later but it'll be much later.

have a great day!

-Beth

Hello Kathy, Ivy, Beth, Chris, Joanne, & Hottie

I just finished CCv.4 and it was a good one that left me a sweaty mess and boy am I drenched I need to go and shower here shortly.

My son is home sick today again which surprises me because it tells me he is really not feeling well. Good thing he did not go to that track meet last night, his body needs rest. Must be something going around as I was signing out my son from school yesterday there were a few who were also getting picked up due to illness. :(

He is my A+++++ personality child who has to be in school. My high schooler who is taking the advanced placement classes and college courses so - just to give you an indication of how A++++ he is compared to my laid back personalty lol

Kathy here's hoping you had a great workout

Ivy I am so sorry your son is sick also poor thing. At least you did get your workout in and he got to cuddle with daddy.

Beth nice rest day sleeping in even if its just two more hours :) I am getting up around 1 - 3 am with night sweats now :( and well its just crazy how the body works sighs - thankfully I can find my sleep again.

Well I'm off to shower and get ready to go to the bank - ds is 16 yrs old so it's safe to go ;)

Have a great day everyone!

picture.php

Just a quickie for now... I really have to get my ass moving! UGH!

I did DISC 18: Back & Biceps. I back rowed 75 #'s!!! :eek: Me strong girl!! LOL!

I really want to stretch later, my low left back is acting up (I think it's my waterbed).

Ivy: I'm sorry your baby is sick! I hate when they throw up, its' so pathetic!! Hope he's better. Glad you got in your workout though!

Beth: Hope you get time for that stretch!..

Okay, I am REALLY OUTTAHERE!! REALLY!!!!!

I hope to be back later but I should be *back* now. Done with presentations that have put my stay at graduate school in serious question but at least in a week I should no longer be a property virgin. Still dealing with all that is house buying but at least the excitement of it is sinking in a little bit. I would like go to the school gym for a nice elliptical run and I just have a small experiment planned for today. Other than that, lots of phone calls moving related. hope ya'll are doing well.

Hi everyone!

I came into work late today so I could see Ian at the spelling bee at school. The winner goes on to the district competition. Man, was that exciting!! He did great and came in 2nd. Him and the last girl must have went 12 rounds before he spelled neutral wrong. He was really happy with how he did. Jameson won it when he was in fifth grade and went to the district competition. It was a fiasco! There was a mess up with the rules - first they gave him 1st place and he was very proud and excited. Then they said, oh no, we made a mistake, started the round over, he spelled a word wrong and got 3rd. There was a big discussion and arguing with the judges and they gave him 2nd. It was crazy.

Hottie, well at least the presentations are over, right? I'm sure you did better than you think. Sounds like things with the house are finally working out? Congrats and being an almost homeowner! :)

Chris, wow, you go girl!! 75 pounds??? I was struggling with 56 on my barbell yesterday.

Vilma, your son sounds like my son Jameson. He is so paranoid about missing school. I hope he feels better soon. At least he has the weekend now to recover a bit. Good job on CCV4! Fun stuff!

Beth, enjoy your rest day!

Ivy, oh, sorry to hear you son is sick. Poor guy. Hope he's better soon and no one else gets it! That workout was tough today. I did Disc 9, too. I was glad she left out the one legged sit and stands this time. ;)

Hi Kathy! Don't let Chris intimidate you with those 75 pounds! ;) ;)

Got to get to work....

Joanne

Hey Girls!

Finally made it back here! LOL!

My funny 9 year old, Alex, was dead set on going shopping after school for PJ's for some reason. So since Kohl's is about 25 minutes from us, I wanted to get supper all ready to throw in the oven this afternoon. (which it is in NOW!). Plus Alex requested Blueberry Muffins, and so , it must be "Alex Day" because I made him those too! My poor forgotten middle child!

Vilma: Sorry to hear your son is sick. You must LOVE that he is so into school! I wish my oldest was. It's all "friends, friends, friends". Ugh. I hope your guy feels better soon, At least he has the weekend to get better. Your CC workout sounded nice this morning. when you talk about them, I always get this urge to buy a TM and the CC's too!!

Hottie: Good to hear you're coming back to us and that your schedule is lightening up a bit. AND , that the house thing is moving along!! I'm excited for you!!

Joanne: That Spelling Bee sounds like it was a fun one. I like watching the nationals on TV. Those kids are amazing! Hey, now, if you're doing 56 lbs now, by meso #2, you'll be up to 75 or more!!! You'd be surprised! Kathy is probably lifting more than me too! LOL!!

Okay, better go wake up hubby and get things ready for dinner...

I'm back! 75 pounds --- wow, I am impressed!!! I struggle with 65 for meso 1 -- that's why I just can't see how I'll be able to go any heavier! Do you wear lifting hooks? I think just holding a 75 pound barbell would be tough without lifting hooks. I did get get some, because even with clx I found I had trouble holding onto the heavy stuff more than anything else.

Spelling bee insanity! Wow, I can't believe they put kids & parents through that turmoil!

Hottie, very exciting on the house. Your work comments were strangely cryptic. Oh, got your sister's science book from the library but haven't had much time to go through it, but I think it looks promising!

Vilma, I meant to ask you..... you get racing heart from protein bars? I'm sure it was the caffeine that got me yesterday. I hardly had any today, and still could feel my heart racing.... I think it's built up in my system! I don't handle it very well.

I'm going for a run tomorrow morning -- I hope -- it's supposed to rain, but that is my plan. By the way, Chris, I use cardio coach outside -- you could buy one and try it -- they're really cheap right now!

-Beth

Chris I am happy that my son is into school but he is very competitive with himself - Sometimes if he gets say a 97 for a grade he will try to retest for a perfect score I worry that boy is going to give himself an ulcer:(. He has been invited to a medical school and gets mail from colleges all around but he's not sure what field in science he wants to study but he has said he cannot deal with being a medical doctor as he volunteered last summer at the hospital and although it gave him insight & empathy he does not feel a pull for it.
As his mom I just worry about his health since he stays up late writing papers and such. I'm glad he has a social life though - thank god for that ;)

Beth
I don't eat protein bars - I get the power bars for my son for his track meets.
I can have protein powders with no problems as long as they don't contain any energy enhancements. That's when my heart races and I get sweaty and feel ill. For my protein I just consume crazy amounts of egg whites.
I would lay off on any caffeine products and just try to flush out your system with plenty of water.
Its a scary feeling - feeling that way and boy it also does not make for good workouts as once my heart felt so bad I thought I was going to collapse and knew it was from those energy pacs from GNC - never again as I threw them out in the trash.

Well I am going to soak in my tub and curl up in bed with a book :D

See y'all later :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.