March 09***CHECK-IN*** Friday 6th

Goodmorning Amigas!

This morning I woke up again at 4:50 to workout at 5am. I did STS Disc 3 Legs and I LOVED IT!!!!! It was so much fun!! I'm going to feel this tomorrow! I basically stuck to 8 lbs and 10 lbs. I really enjoyed the bonus leg work especially the kicking over the ball exercise :) There is one I just couldn't do AT ALL. The one that you're on the wall with the ball and you have to get the waits from the floor then hold in the center and then place them back down on the floor. I just couldn't get UP! LOL! But, overall the workout was tons of fun and I really enjoyed it! I also added the Extended Stretch.

OHH, DS decided to wake up at 5:20!!!!!!!!! I was like, "Oh NO! I don't think so." " You get back to bed or go sleep with your father!" So, he stood in our room with DH till 6pm, and I was STILL not done! So, I said again, "Oh no! Mommy doesn't wake up so early for nothing so you sit down on the sofa until I'm done or go back to your bed." So, he stood on the Sofa till I was done. I felt to happy about that. I hope he learns that if I wake up really early to workout that he understands that he will either have to stay in his bed or sit down on the sofa till I'm done. We'll see how next week goes :)

OHH, I love the plates workout!!!! That's what woke him up, LOL!!! I used fribies. My DH was kind enough to bring me 2 frisbies for my workout :)

Hope everyone has a GREAT day and GREAT workouts today!!! :)

I'll BB later. Today is Laundry Max!

Good morning Ivy, and everyone! Happy Friday (OSIF)! Good workout, Ivy -- and great that you were able to get it done in spite of early risers! :D I know exactly what you mean about the getting up early and being protective of that time!

Last night I did Yoga X from P90X -- 90 minutes! I ff'ed through some of those savanas -- ok, I know I can't remember the right word or spelling, but you know what I mean. Just too many of them, but I really liked it overall -- a great thing to do after Cathe's legs. I'm going to try to do some long stretch the evening I do legs -- I think it really helped with my hamstring soreness. Then, to counteract all that good work, I swung my kettlebell this morning. :p Decided to do that for a different sort of cardio -- I hadn't done it in a while and it was tough -- well, I also only have my heavy bell since I loaned out the lighter one -- that didn't help.

I'm debating about taking the kids to see Coraline after school today -- don't know if it might seem to scary for a 7 year old who's prone to being scared.

Have a great day!

-Beth

Hey Ivy!

And all to follow too!!!

Ivy: What a fantastic thing you getting up so early and cranking out STS LEGS!! Sounds like what my kids would do when they were little, get up early too! What a good boy to listen to you this morning. All the moves on Legs were so new to me, I was in major DOMS the next day, with light weights. LOVED all the bonus work too!!

I woke up with a crappy headache. Again. It makes my stomach queasy and it's over one eye. Plus I have some cramps from TOM. I tried the Neti Pot, didn't work. I hate taking drugs, even if it's just Advils (I'm afraid they'll eat up my stomach if I take too much).

Today is CLEANING MAX for me (going to try to do some windows with my reg. cleaning) and then I'm going to do some nice Yoga and a stretch.

Alex was PUMPED up this morning, getting to take Boxing Gloves to school today. I hope he doesn't get in trouble! LOL!

BBL!

Hey Beth! OSIF back atcha!

Must have posted the same time-ish!

That Yoga X sounds nice! (But 90 minutes?????? :eek:)

Good idea on the extra stretching on Leg day, it's "supposed" to help. I might be borrowing that idea next week too.

I heard Coraline was scary too. I ended up buying Beverly Hills Chihauhau on a whim and we're going to have a movie night tonight at home (I swear, the boys love that just as much as going out).

Beth: WOW! 90 mins of Yoga!!! You rock girl!!! That's a long time!! I don't think I've ever even done 60 mins of Yoga, LOL!! WTG!! Sounds like you had a great workout! My DD wants to see Coraline too! And me too of course. We have to wait till it comes out on DVD though :(

Chris: I agree, lots of new leg exercises on this DVD. But, I so much enjoyed it! I'm glad my little one listened too. I will do that every morning if he wakes up. Give him 2 options, either go back to bed or sit down on the sofa till mommy is done because if not he will be all over the place trying to get into my workout equiptment and stuff and I can't workout like that or even focus, lol. Sorry about your headache Chris, I hope you feel better soon. I'm doing Laundry Max today. I'm also thinking of doing Yoga today :)

Ok!! I STILL don't know what OSFI means??? LOL Can someone explain :)

Good morning ladies!

Ivy, how funny - I set my alarm for 5:00 am to do STS 3 - Legs. Although, you're in Floriday, right? So, we weren't technically doing it at the same time! ;) Yea, that was a toughie!! Those wall squats with the weights were the toughest. There was no way I was going to be able to get all the way down there to set the weights down. It actually felt like I was straining my knee, so silly me just held on to the things the whole time. My only other option was to drop the weights and possible wake someone up. Funny about your little guy. I know, I don't get up at the crack of dawn to take care of the kids! I almost always used to have an audience - Colin is an early riser. But, now he's learned to quietly lay down on the couch and he usually is back asleep by the time I'm done. If Caitlyn gets up it's a different story. She's a bit more "demanding" ;) She got up at the end of the workout today and told me I was doing the stretching wrong. Smarty pants! OSIF is for Chris. Instead of TGIF (thank god it's friday), it's oh sh**, it's Friday, cause she works weekends.

Beth, I'd like to take the kids to see Coraline, too. I was wondering if it was too scary for Caitlyn, though. I took Jameson and Ian to see Slumdog Millionaire. I really debated about it because I had heard there were some disturbing scenes, but also that it was such a great movie. I explained beforehand to them that there was some violence. They loved the movie. Wow, 90 minutes of yoga! I've done...maybe 20 minutes total in my whole life! And, that was the recharge workout from CLX, which isn't really yoga, I don't think! I'm sure it would do me alot of good to do some, though.

Chris, sorry your feeling yucky again. It's the worst to start off your day like that. Caitlyn loved Beverly Hills Chihuaha. She wants to buy it. We love movie nights, too. Lately it's been hard to find something everyone likes, though. Do you have any pictures of Alex as Ali? Boxing gloves and one of my kids together would be dangerous! I don't think they could control their impulses to use them!

Another crazy day at work...

Have a great day all!

Joanne

Joanne: Cool that you got up at 5am to workout!!! Now I don't feel like I was alone at it :) It's good to hear the others wake up early too to workout. Yup, I'm in Florida. OMG, I agree, when doing the stability ball on the wall to get the weights from the floor I also felt like I was putting strain on my knees. I friend of mine suggested I hold the weights on my hand and go as low as I can and hold there until cathe goes up and then I go up but always keep the weights on my hand. I will do that all the time because I do not want to hurt my knees. LOL! Thanks so much for letting me know what OSIF!! I was always wondering what that meant, lol. WTG on doing STS Disc 3 today too! ;)

Well, I bought me some Yogi Tea and I wonder if that stuff works. It's an energy tea. I will take some now to see if it works. I need some energy to keep on laundrymaxing!

My alarm goes off every weekday at 4:50 so I can hit it -- you are not alone, Ivy!! We're all in different time zones though -- funny!

We watched the Coraline previews before we left for school and Dylan definitely nixed it as too scary, so I've loaded up a bunch of kid movies in my instant play queue on netflix and we'll have at home movie night. My kids like that, too, Chris -- it's just that I get squirmy and want to do other things! Slumdog Millionaire for the kids, eh, Joanne? wow -- I do want to see it, but I think I'll do it sans kids the first time. For whatever reason, Travis is obsessed with seeing Iron Man and I'm just not sure that's really appropriate, but his friend saw it, so he really really really really wants to. :)

Oh, on the leg work -- I haven't even yet attempted to have weights in my hands on the stability ball squats, but on the back sliding lunges on the plates, I held my weights the whole time rather than go all the way down to drop them and pick them up!

Ok, I have to hit the work button!

-Beth

Beth: I'm glad to hear you wake up at that time too. I set my alarm at 450am too so that at 5am I can start my workout. I'm thinking of only doing that on the weekdays. At first I was thinking of doing that M-Saturday, but I'm not sure yet. I've felt that my days go much better when I get up at that time and do my workout. We are having a Netflix movie night today too! I'm making a Mexican Pizza, YUMMO!!

Ivy, I think I did what your friend told you to do with the weights and ball. I was glad there were only 8 reps! Mmmm, mexican pizza sounds yummy!

Beth, I wouldn't have taken my younger kids to see Slumdog. I don't think Colin would have liked it and it might have been too much for him. It's way too old for Caitlyn. But I figured Jameson and Ian could handle it. They are 12 and 11. If you get a chance, go see it. It was really a good movie. I think your kids are younger, though, so I wouldn't take them. There's some cruelty to kids that is a bit disturbing.

Hello All

Ivy That’s so great that you have become an early morning exerciser- Good for you that your little boy was patient enough to listen and wait until you where done – How sweet is that?

Beth Yoga for 90 min – wow you go girl! DH & I took our 10 yr old to see Coraline the day it came out. She wants it on dvd. I will admit it was a bit creepy in some parts but we enjoyed it, but then again my youngest watches Charmed and Japanese cartoons with her older sister. If your 7 yr old is prone to being scared I would not take him.

Chris You & I must be getting hit by the headache bug and it just so happens that I’m also in that TOM too lol so I can commiserate with you there.

Joanne your Caitlyn sounds so cute telling you you were stretching wrong ? LOL

I loved Slumdog Millionaire wasn’t it a wonderful movie? I did have some disturbing scenes I agree with that – some of those made me cringe uncomfortably.

I did CCv2 today and it felt good after a nice long stretch. Yesterday I once again started CLX and I don't feel as sore today - I also used my weighted vest for some of the exercisers.

Silver is much improved thank goodness and doesn't even seem sick although I am still giving him his antibiotics.

Oldest DD went to a conference with the Student Government from her school so I was busy helping her get some supplies she needed plus I had to go up in the attic and get her luggage. She should be back on Sunday; so today I've had the house to myself and it has been so nice not having to run around everywhere and just stay home for a change. :)

Not much else going on here except the darn phone constantly ringing. Have a wonderful Friday! :) :)

picture.php

Joanne: The pizza contains fried mexican beans as the sauce, then topped with ground beef, cheddar cheese, onions, sour cream, shredded lettuce and maybe some sliced Jalapeños. I love this pizza!! It's so yummy!! I should have made it with Ground Chicken, but didn't think of it!

Vilma: I love getting my workout first thing, it feels great! Like I've achieved something great in the day. WTG on your workout today! I'm so glad Silver is much better :)

OMG I'm starting to get some DOMS in my LEGS!!!! I did the workout this morning!!! I'm going to be in trouble tomorrow, LOL!!! STS ROCKS man!!!! I love it!!!

Hi everyone!!!

Checking in quick before I head to the kitchen to start dinner..Loving the warm temps today..70 here!!! Today's workout and yesterday was the elliptical for 60 minutes...Not sure what I will do over the weekend. But, I am ready to get back to STS..

How about you Chris???

Checkin in again! I went to the Y for a Zumba class!! It was fun! And guess what happened??? DH appeared there in front of everyone and brought me some flowers (While Zumba class was on)!!! I was in shock!!!! He doesn't do that at all, sometimes he brings them at home about 1-2 times a year, but this time he did it in front of everyone! It was so romantic!!!!

Well, tomorrow I problaby won't check in because we might be taking the kids to Universals Studios. I hope we go. Have a good night everyone!

Hi everyone!!!

Checking in quick before I head to the kitchen to start dinner..Loving the warm temps today..70 here!!! Today's workout and yesterday was the elliptical for 60 minutes...Not sure what I will do over the weekend. But, I am ready to get back to STS..

How about you Chris???

Great workout Kathy! I'm loving the weather here too! Tomorrow it will be 81!!!! YEAH!:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.