<<March 09***Check~In*** Monday 16th>>

Good morning Friends!

WOW!!! What a workout today!!! I've never done so many push ups! BUT, I couldn't do all of them but I tried to do what I could. My arms are going to be FRIED tomorrow. I did add the Extended Stretch and did Medicine Ball abs. I LOVED the medicine ball abs, that was a lot of fun. I have to buy me a medicine ball though; I used a 5 lb DB.

I woke up at 5:30am to workout to see if this might be a better time for me to workout instead of 4:50am. I'll try that for this week to see how I feel. I hope it doesn't make me feel tired in the day so that I can workout at that time from now on.

It was a great but tough workout!!! I hope everyone has a great workout today! And a wonderful day! :)

Good morning! Yes, Ivy, that was one crazy, tough workout yesterday! Even my back is sore today from all of those push ups.

This morning was cardio for me, and I stretched the boundaries by doing Ilaria's Bodystrikes. I just got it, so that was the first time I've done it, and I really liked it. More of a steady-state cardio. I think my numbers were 245 calories, 121/143 -- for a 45 minute workout. I tacked on some tabata work to boost the cardio factor (but the hrm numbers are just for her workout). It's a very repetitive workout, but man, it was done in no time, and I sweat quite a bit.

Kathy, I may have mentioned that my SIL home schooled her four kids for many years. Well, they moved to Vermont last summer, so for the first time the kids went to school this fall. The older boys might both be in high school, the girl is in middle school, and the younger son is in 3rd grade. Well, the girl, who's 11, wrote a "resignation letter" to the school. It was an amazing letter, and not at all scripted by the parents. She basically said she was fed up with all of the social ugliness that middle school girls play, and she was getting a great education at home, so she has decided to go back to home schooling. On the one hand, I'm sorry to see she's having such a hard time dealing with the girls, and I know she has to learn to deal with that kind of stuff -- that's life -- on the other hand, the letter she wrote was pretty awesome.

Chris, how are you, friend? I thought about you a lot this weekend.

Hottie, what's new on the house front? And what does your high impact countdown timer say at this point?

Oh Joanne, how are things in your neck of the woods?

We had a good weekend -- made good progress on the garden in spite of the rain (sprinkles really) we had. One of these days maybe I'll put up some pictures.

-Beth

Hi ladies! Did ya miss me? Our conference is over so maybe work won't be so crazy for awhile. Yea, right - a girl can dream, right? It went fine, but I'm glad it's done! I did keep up with my workouts for the most part.

Chris, oh, I'm so so sorry to hear about your friend who was killed. How very sad. What a waste. How are you doing?

Ivy, way to go on Disc 7! I would have been caught up, but DH is in my workout space again! He took off last night and is snoring on the couch right now. I took Tully for a run instead. It was great to get outside and move! Although poor Tully got a bit out of shape over the winter. At first she was ahead of me pulling but by the last mile or so she was behind me. I walked a few times cause I didn't want to give the poor dog a heart attack! She'll probably be sound asleep for the rest of the day. I'll do Disc 7 tomorrow or maybe tonight (yea, right!). I'm not looking forward to all those push-ups, though.

Beth, that does sound like an awesome letter. It's so sad the things kids go through in school and I can totally see her point. Kids can really be cruel sometimes.

Have to run...but hi to everyone else!

Joanne

Beth: Great workout today! Glad you had a great weekend!

Joanne: Of course we missed you!!! Sounds like you had a good walk with Tully! Can't wait to hear what you think of Disc 7. That's a lot of Push-ups! I think I heard that Meso 2 has NO push-ups (YEAH!!!). I can't believe next week is our last week till Recovery Week :) I have to think of what workouts to do during recovery week. What are you planning on doing on Recovery week?

Waves to my other buddies Chris, Hottie, Vilma and Kathy!

Hi Ivy! Yes, I'm looking forward to no push-ups! Well, maybe some would be OK, but not hundreds! I'm trying to get back into running, so I'm thinking I'll rotate cardio (running as much as possible) with maybe Pilates. I'd like to say I'll try yoga, but I know I won't stick with it! I have a couple pilates DVDs I haven't tried that I can do.

Hi Joanne: I don't mind a couple of push ups either but not 100s like you said, lol. I'm thinking of doing cardio and yoga on rest week. I'm trying to see if I should do light cardio instead of hard cardio. Maybe light sounds better since it's called "Recovery Week." LOL!

Hey Everyone!

I made it through the weekend... It wasn't horrible, but I ate like crap, once again. that's the only bad side to it. Work itself was pretty good, busy enough, but not too busy.

Thanks for all the nice words about my friend who got killed. It's been overwhelming to me, but work definitely distracted my mind from it. It was all I thought about on Saturday. Still a bit down from it, but I'm ok.

My workout today was DISC 16: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. Started with chest, and it seemed SO heavy, I did fail on the last few reps of just about every set. And then she added on yet another "twist" to confuse your muscles. After the 3 sets (12, 10 and 8 reps), you took a LIGHT weight, and did the same exercise until failure. It was different! I have no clue what I had for 1RM's for front shoulder presses with the BB, but it was way too light. I felt I got gipped because I didn't have heavy enough weight. But the other shoulder exercises were very heavy and got me in the end.

A strange thing over the weekend, my QUADS started having some pretty good DOMS. I noticed this on Saturday! Weird, since I did my Leg workout on WEDNESDAY. They still hurt today. It's very strange. But good I guess!

Ivy: Yeah, I don't miss those push-ups! LOL!! Meso #2 is all heavy weights. No more of those things! I have a medicine ball, but can't find it. So I've been using the 8 lb weight for the abs too. I did most of the extended stretch today too!! Added some more in for my sore quads.

Beth: You're sweet, thanks. I am doing ok. Just have a little sad cloud over me sometimes. ... I was wondering about that Body Strikes workout. It was one I thought about getting too. Sounds cool! Glad you got outside and did some gardening this weekend. Did the whole family help? It's a good family activity. Too funny about your niece's letter! What a brilliant kid! Will they homeschool her now?

Joanne: Glad to see you back !!! I'm soooo excited, I'm going to start running this week too!!!! I'm such a weirdo, I've been thinking about it all weekend, getting excited!

A little for you Hottie and Vilma, wherever you may be!

Kids are coming in for homework....

Chris: WTG on Disc 16! I can't wait to see what Meso 2 is all about. I will keep using a DB for medballs until I can accept to pay so much $ for a medball. They are expensive!! LOL!

Today I did Pure and Simple Yoga with Eionn Finn (sp?). It was just awesome!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.