♥MAR 09~~~Check-In~~~ Wednesday 18th♥

Goodmorning!

I woke up at 530am again to workout! DS woke up at 6 and I still had 36 mins left!!!! He did sit there on the sofa without getting down until I was done so that was very good. I think he's getting the hang of it, LOL!

First I want to say WOW!!!!! I did Weight and Plates and OMG I've never sweat so much on an ab workout and it was TOUGH and FUN!!!! I really enjoyed it!!

I also did Disc 8 and I loved it!! My triceps are a bit fried right now! I can feel that I worked them good! I never missed a rep. I did have to pause here and there to change my BB and adjustable DB.

On the seated overhead extension one arm with 8lbs it's becoming easier to do!!! I think I'm starting to get strong! LOL! It was a great but tough workout! I might do some Yoga later! I didn't do extended stretch at the end, but I did put GS CT stretch at the end and it felt great! Didn't do the extended stretch because I want to do Yoga.

From yesterday's post:

Beth: Ohh ok. I kind of new you started before me that's why I didn't know why you were on Disc 8, lol. I see now :)

I'll BB later!

Good morning! Yes, Ivy, I had to pause a couple of times yesterday to change the weights on the barbell, too -- I am nowhere near as fast as Cathe and crew on the bb changes! It is so good that you are training your son to get through the workouts -- maybe he will just learn to sleep through it someday.

I did imax 3 this morning. I was so tired when the alarm went off -- I've been tired since a few days after the time change. Just still not feeling myself! At any rate, in the first half I was patting myself on the back remembering the first couple of times I did that workout and all the struggling and pausing. Both my coordination and stamina seemed so much better, but in the second half I seem to have lost both! Some of the step combos I just couldn't get! I made it through all the blasts, but I was pooped! I'm enjoying it better than when I first got it though, I must say.

Hope everyone has a happy hump day!

-Beth

Hi ladies!!

Ivy, sounds like your son just wants to hang out with you! How nice that he'll sit quietly and wait for you to be done. Good job on Disc 8! I'm kind of switching the order of things this week, so I did cardio today. Weights and plates is hard!! I did it last week and couldn't do most of the plates.

Beth, Imax3 is really intimidating to me! I'm not sure that I've ever completed it in its entirety. I did do it one time with just the platform, which was doable. I know, the time change really messes with me, too. I think I'm just now getting adjusted to it.

Today was KCM's 30 minutes to fitness kickboxing. I did both segments. I think I'll do STS legs tomorrow and then Disc 8 Friday. I want to run on Friday and don't think I can handle Legs and running on the same day!

Another exciting basketball game last night. No baskets for Ian but he did have a couple good assists. They won by two points. Almost every game has come down to the wire and the parents just go nuts! It's been alot of fun. Last game tomorrow night and then a tournament on Friday and Saturday.

Must go...

Joanne

Just_Cuz_19.gif
Hey Girls!

Just got done with Disc 17: LEGS. + I did the stretch from B&G. My legs were kinda sore from my run yesterday, so I really felt this one. I definitely didn't go as low on one legged lunges and slide plate back lunges :eek:!! I'm going to want to sneak in a yoga or maybe a Stretch Max later. But then again, it's supposed to be so warm out, maybe I'll just take a walk. (Though I'd love to be able to run, but that would be insane!).
7AD_headspin.gif

Ivy: You are doing great getting up early and getting these done! There's definitely a "looking forward factor" to STS I think! Like Beth said, maybe your son will realize he's not missing much, and stay in bed later soon! It's hard to concentrate knowing there's a little person hanging around, sometimes. Yes! Plates & Weights Abs IS insane! I do love the weight work, the plate work though, :confused:! Hard!

Beth: I'm just starting to feel better about getting up early too. It actually STARTED to get light around 6:15am this AM! I hate complete darkness in the morning. Are you just tired in the morning? Or all day too? How the heck did you kick out IMAX 3 feeling that way? I have to say, when i did IMAX3 last time, I did MUCH better, and had fun with almost all of the plyo intervals! Yes , FUN! I'm actually kind of looking forward to the next time I do it, instead of dreading it.

Joanne: Good kickboxing today! Is that 60 minutes?? I know, I want to run again this week too, and I have to figure out when with the weather. Today would be ideal, but I'm sore from yesterday and just did STS Legs. Ouch! The b-ball game sounds like great fun, esp when your son's team wins in the end!

So , we did make our Leprachaun Trap last night... and Surprise Surprise! ... we did NOT catch one, but he did leave chocolate Gold pieces!

DSCN0061.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN0064.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice trap! Ours always look like crap. :p

I still haven't done plates & weights -- I need to do some ab work later, but was thinking about stability ball, because I've not done that section yet, either.

The basketball does sound really fun, Joanne!

You guys and running on STS legs days -- or not! I don't think I could handle running the day before or the day after, to be honest!!

I am home today -- I've got to pay bills, do some laundry, clean, etc. You know the drill!

-Beth

Now I realized why our leprechaun traps we make for school seem so daunting! Chris, yours is great. DH always makes them fully functional. Last year he had an actual mouse trap in the box. You opened the box and some string or something tripped the trap and it snapped shut. Yea, a bit dangerous. ;) OK, that's my random thought for the day....

My legs are aching from running! Don't know if I'll be able to do Legs tomorrow.

Thanks Guys!

We really didn't put a ton of effort into the trap... The boys had fun with it. And maybe because it was just for us, and not for school, it was kind of fun!

OMG.. I got up from the chair earlier, and walked to the mailbox, and almost cried. Holy CRAP, my legs are SORE! I'm going to try to do some stretches after my oldest gets home... I have 30 minutes in between him and my younger 2.

Oh, and then I have to bring Alex to the Pediatrician. Last night, he came in after dinner from playing outside with a full blown allergic reaction! Itchy swollen eyes, and sneezing. I think because he was climbing trees and IN it. (He has seasonal allergies). The Singulair he took last year didn't work so good, so I got an appt for him at 4pm. (What a PIA.. just phone in a script!)

And at the same time, my youngest SLID down a tree and GOUGED his hand open. he was a MESS (he hates boo boo's , esp the ones that hurt and bleed :eek:). I pulled on my nurse cap (LOL) and bandaged that baby up good after a GOOD long soak in the tub!

It was a crazy night...

Oh, and we've theorized that Kiwi either scared the Leprachaun away, or ate him! :confused:

Joanne... we posted at the same time again! LOL!...

I just typed how my lower body is soooo sore! Not sure there's running in my near future either...

That is a riot about your traps! Yeah, we just had fun with it. How did you figure you couldn't catch a Leprachaun with such an elaborate trap? At least we could explain ours not working... LOL!!!!

Chris, I think it was a "man" thing. DH was a bit "anal" shall we say, about it. He wanted the traps to be able to actually physically trap the leprechauns. I had to remind him that it was supposed to be made by a 2nd grader and didn't have to be perfect. He even got out some power tools to make it. He was sawing pieces of wood to set the mouse trap on. ;) Ian has allergies, too, and they have just been horrible the last couple days. He is just miserable. He's taking Zyrtec, but it's really not working. I need to make an appt. for him, too. Sounds like a rough night - good thing you're a nurse!

Great photos Chris!!

Checking in real quick as I have to go get the kids from PE then head to CCD then Chris has a basketball game tonight..

Anyway, I did disc 17 legs today and they were a shakey mess after. I think I will feel them tomorrow!!

Gotta go..have a great day!!

Beth: I'm sure one day he'll just sleep through it cause he will know that he can't do nothing else but sitting on the sofa till I'm done. Great job on Imax 3. That one is tough but fun. What time did you get up today?

Joanne: Yes, it was nice of him to wait while I finished. He kept looking at me and the TV I guess to check I was doing the same thing, lol. WTG on KCM 30 min workout! I was going to buy that one.

Chris: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! What a funny icon you had there waving at us saying Hi!! Great job on Disc 17! Oh Chris! What great picture of your boys and the kittie! Is that the kitty with the furry butt? LOL! I hope your boys are doing better now.

Kathy: Great workout Kathy!

Well, I'm off to take the kids to church for Kidventure time. Hope everyone has a great night!

Where's Vilma and Hottie??

Chris -- what a night you had! Yikes.... hope the allergies get straightened out.

Good luck with the sore legs, anyone who has 'em! :)

Yes, where are Vilma and Hottie? Vilma, did you start the second CLX circuit yet? Probably not quite yet, eh? Hottie, what's the high impact countdown saying?

I did stability ball abs -- really liked it until the end with pikes! :p

-Beth

We spent a lovely 30 minutes locked up in the Ped exam room, me and my two younger sons. How fun was that???? :eek: Anyhow, we got a Allergy Perscription "Cocktail" I hope works... Have to get the script filled tomorrow..

The cocktail is 1. Clariton 2. Flonase Nasal Spray and 3. Zatidor Eye Drops

Joanne:
My DH usually takes over the kids' school projects like that too. Sadly enough, I've tried to encourage him to let the kid do it themselves , and they DO, and bring home crappy grades, which annoys me. So I "let him" "help" now!

Ivy:
127fs1601347.gif
That is the kitty that has the "hairy butt" issue! (But is now babooned cut!)

Beth: Yes, those pikes are crazy! Tomorrow is "no equipment" abs for me, I forgot what those even were?!?!?! Should I be scared?

We spent a lovely 30 minutes locked up in the Ped exam room, me and my two younger sons. How fun was that???? :eek: Anyhow, we got a Allergy Perscription "Cocktail" I hope works... Have to get the script filled tomorrow..

The cocktail is 1. Clariton 2. Flonase Nasal Spray and 3. Zatidor Eye Drops

Joanne:
My DH usually takes over the kids' school projects like that too. Sadly enough, I've tried to encourage him to let the kid do it themselves , and they DO, and bring home crappy grades, which annoys me. So I "let him" "help" now!

Ivy:
127fs1601347.gif
That is the kitty that has the "hairy butt" issue! (But is now babooned cut!)

Beth: Yes, those pikes are crazy! Tomorrow is "no equipment" abs for me, I forgot what those even were?!?!?! Should I be scared?

LOL! About the kitty! I hope what the doc gave your son helps him out :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.