Low Carbers & Friends - September 2010

Wow Lita, you are on top of things lately!! Must be all that S&H workouts huh? JK

Been way too busy with nothing it seems. Work is crazy, workouts are starting to slide too since I just don't really want to do them at the moment. I think I need a full recovery week. But I'm in the last week of Meso #3, I really should just finish it out and then take some time. I have a darn trial next week, so maybe that would be a semi good week to take a full week. Now if I could just get myself motivated to start the last week of the Meso cycle.

Well, I had better get going..

ooh, Melinda - congrats on the A whoo hoo...

ohh..BTW 98 day challenge is over, but I decided not to put in for the judging, too much figuring out technical stuff with the pictures and then time to do an essay? Not this week. I'm still going to keep it up with the food and the workouts (as if you did not know this already :D:D

Talk to you soon.

Wow Lita, you are on top of things lately!! Must be all that S&H workouts huh? JK
I don't know, Rhea - I think you might be on to something :p!

Been way too busy with nothing it seems. Work is crazy, workouts are starting to slide too since I just don't really want to do them at the moment. I think I need a full recovery week. But I'm in the last week of Meso #3, I really should just finish it out and then take some time.
Darlin' Rhea - if you need the rest, PLEASE take it :). You won't get the same benefits from the last week of Meso 3 by forcing yourself to finish it than if you did the week when you were mentally and physically ready for it. Just a suggestion, of course ;).

I have a darn trial next week, so maybe that would be a semi good week to take a full week. Now if I could just get myself motivated to start the last week of the Meso cycle.
Honey - why not take a rest week this week and then let next week take care of itself :)? You may be recharged - or you may need a few more days off. Either way, it's what's your body is asking for and I (having learned the hard way :rolleyes: ) think you'd be best off honoring it's request :).

ohh..BTW 98 day challenge is over, but I decided not to put in for the judging, too much figuring out technical stuff with the pictures and then time to do an essay? Not this week. I'm still going to keep it up with the food and the workouts (as if you did not know this already)
Well, IMHO, you definitely win "Best of the Show" for all your hard work and great progress :D:D!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you for sticking with it even now that the challenge is done!!!!!!!

Talk to you soon.
Hope so - 'cause we miss ya when you don't pop in!

Lita - I know, you are so right. I just need to get the crude done here at work and then workout only if I feel like it. Still tired, but could be from all the coffee I keep drinking, smells so good that I can't help myself!! LOL

Thanks for the praise on the BFFM challenge. I really did do pretty well with my goals. Here's the breakdown:

Weight: -11.6 lbs
BF%: - 5.4 %
LBM: (important one) +.07 --managed to lose about 2 lbs of LBM and then get it back thanks to STS
Biceps: r: -.75; l: -.25 (which is good since I don't have big arms anyway lol)
thighs: r: -1.5; l: -1.25
hips:; -2.75"
waist: - 3.0"
chest: -2.25" (oh well, figures)

So I figure it is working for me. But I do need a rest. I'm just a bit anxious to get to my next rotation which is the Turbo Fire rotation with Chalene. More cardio then strength, but fun.. I would feel guilty if I skipped the last week with Cathe, but who knows, I might this time. I've gained enough strength. For pete's sakes who needs to barbell curl more than 45 lbs? Thats enough for me!

Okay, I have to stop procrastinating and get back to work. Still haven't really prepped for that trial next week. Hi ho hi ho its off to work I go......:eek:

Lita - I know, you are so right.
That doesn't happen often so you'd better run with it :p!
I just need to get the crude done here at work and then workout only if I feel like it.
Now you're talking :D!
Still tired, but could be from all the coffee I keep drinking, smells so good that I can't help myself!! LOL
I know - but you're right in that it can definitely have a boomerang effect :(!

Thanks for the praise on the BFFM challenge. I really did do pretty well with my goals. Here's the breakdown:

Weight: -11.6 lbs
BF%: - 5.4 %
LBM: (important one) +.07 --managed to lose about 2 lbs of LBM and then get it back thanks to STS
Biceps: r: -.75; l: -.25 (which is good since I don't have big arms anyway lol)
thighs: r: -1.5; l: -1.25
hips:; -2.75"
waist: - 3.0"
chest: -2.25" (oh well, figures)

So I figure it is working for me.
I should say so :cool:!!!! You rock!!!!!!
But I do need a rest.
Yes :).
I'm just a bit anxious to get to my next rotation which is the Turbo Fire rotation with Chalene. More cardio then strength, but fun..
Fun counts for A LOT, my dear!!!!! How often do we truly get to have fun? So often we do what we feel we must or feel we should - but I say, break loose! Life is pretty raunchy when it's all work and no play ;).
I would feel guilty if I skipped the last week with Cathe, but who knows, I might this time. I've gained enough strength. For pete's sakes who needs to barbell curl more than 45 lbs? Thats enough for me!
Good gravy, woman, that is awesome!!!!! Wow - you really HAVE increased your strength! That's definitely more than I heft - and I thought I was doing well :eek:!

Okay, I have to stop procrastinating and get back to work. Still haven't really prepped for that trial next week. Hi ho hi ho its off to work I go......:eek:
Sigh.... see, the fun always comes to an end :( ;)!

Yea, I love being here too, but I really should get some work done on the trial that I have next week. It is just really hard getting in the work mode after each court appearance. I've been so lazy about it, my weekend is going to be shot for sure if I don't get anything done. At least I've learned about getting some documents done on my ipad, so I can work anywhere. (oh great, huh..:rolleyes: ) Okay, really, back to work....okay, back to getting started...lol

Well, even if I'd rather you stay and play with me ;) I don't want you to have to work all weekend so I suppose I will encourage you to get to it :rolleyes:....

Hi babes! Thanks for starting the thread again for this month Lita. I loved your presentation as well!

Rhea! I say you should plea bargain your case right out of that there trial you're supposed to have. Then you can play this weekend!! :D Awesome job on the BFFM challenge! I know I have done nothing to challenge myself this summer. :p And as Lita said, please take a rest, if you're telling us you need one, you need one!! Your biceps (and every other part of your fit body) will be just fine if you do. :)

Melinda, we went to the Olympic National Park in the NW part of Washington state. It is huge! Glad you liked the pictures! We got lucky on weather--no rain and it wasn't too hot.

Well, a few of us posted on the meetup site that the cost of the bootcamp was prohibitive so they will let us pay as we go. Since I really want to do it, I signed up for it. I hope others do too!

I did lighter workouts this week since I slacked a bit when I was off work. :) Next week I plan to do Amy Bento's Slo-Mo Challenge which is really tough and similar to S&H. Not as slow as S&H from what I recall.

What workouts are you planning for next week Lita? Or are you having a rest week?

Have an awesome and safe Labor Day weekend my friends!!

Thanks, Tracy glad you like the intro to the thread :p! Workouts next week will be Meso 3 week 3 for upper body, Meso 1 week 3 for legs, and my optional 5th workout - with daily walking, of course. Nothing exciting.

Happy Labor Day weekend, everyone :cool:! Be careful out there ;)!

Rhea, those are some super great achievements. Congratulations!!!

I did my first week of S&H. I will do it next week too, but we're going away for the weekend to visit DH's family in MI. Will be cooler up there, it's 6 hours north of us.

Tracy, I have got to go to Washington some time. It looks so beautiful. so different from here.

Lita, I am sorry you are here alone :( I sometimes get sidetracked with other things and don't check in as often as I'd like.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. It kicks off fall health screenings, which is our busiest season. Of course, flu shots get included and that adds another element to it.

Melinda - It's okay, I'm just happy to see any and all of you when you get here :D! Are you enjoying S&H :)? Have a great weekend trip!

So how was everybody's weekend? Mine was okay. Had a little bit of something yesterday and slept a lot. Of course, I could have been procrastinating with trial prep, but not really, my sinuses are all wacked out of shape. Not sure if allergies, cold, or what..... I think I'll do a got ole sweaty Turbo Fire today to sweat it out. :eek:

Have a great rest of the day. When I'm procrastinating here at work, I'll pop in.

Hi, Rhea :D! Must be that time of year for sinus issues :(. And to think I thought I'd somehow gotten over the most of my problems with them :rolleyes:...

Yep, I sure know what you mean. What gets to me is it is not constant; one minute I'm just hunky dory and the next I don't feel so well and my head clogs a bit and then drains....err. So I'm thinking allergy of some kind is just slapping at me every once in a while.

Sure sounds like it, Rhea. My allergies have changed a lot - right now it seems to be east or south winds. They get me every time :rolleyes:.

Hi babes! I had a good weekend! Enjoyed the outdoors, saw some friends, did a little shopping (and spent too much, don't tell DH)!

Melinda, I feel spoiled rotten where I live. It's green everywhere on the westside of Washington (and Oregon) but east of the mountains, it's very dry! Living on the westside you just have to put up with a lot of rain. We all get tired of being soggy by the Spring though, let me tell you!

I feel for you all with allergies! I have them too. I take a nasal spray daily and add OTC allergy meds when needed. :rolleyes: And I have to take a heavy duty allergy med when I get a massage or I'm blowing my nose for an hour afterward! (And that makes me a little cranky. :p)

This week, I'm doing AMy Bento's Slo-Mo challenge. Did Legs today. Unique moves for sure, but she goes faster than S&H. I'm afraid of the DOMS that may be coming tomorrow. They usually do after that workout! :eek:

Lita, I never find your workout plans boring, you are much more creative than me!

Rhea, I hope you are feeling better and Melinda, don't work too hard this week!

Tracy - I was thinking of ya Monday. One of the books I got from Powell's had a receipt from a Vancouver McDonald's :p. But do you guys honestly have to pay a separate tax for take-out orders :eek:???? The receipt had a "take-out" tax that was almost 10%! Speaking of S&H, I think I'm going back to it once I get done w/ Meso 3 next week ;).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.