Low Carbers & Friends - October 2010

Shadow

Cathlete
Hi, gang :).

Melinda - I think that's an awesome goal :cool:!

Rhea - Congratulations on having that home underway :D!

Tracy - I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that you'll see your dream home soon, too ;)!

Hey Lita! How was the stay cation? Did you really have a list or did you ignore it? I can't wait until everything is all done and all I have is one house to worry about. But with this market, I may have to rent our old house for a while. Yuck, I don't like being a landlord. Been there, done that....

Hi, Rhea :D! I must say it was quite marvelous :cool:. I did some things but didn't tackle nearly the number of projects I usually do. I spent lots of time reading & (since I had it free for 90 days) watching some dish channels I don't normally get. It was really quite a novel vacation - and the type that I could get used to ;). I don't envy you having to rent the house :( but hopefully the headaches will be worth it to not have two mortgages on your plate - or an empty house over the winter. Fingers crossed that you find the perfect kind of tenant :)! (Surely one exists somewhere, huh :p )

Hi guys,

Lita, sounds like you had a nice time! Now back to the routine, huh?

Rhea, I hope you do find a good renter if you have to rent. When do you move into the new house?

Tracy, how are you doing?

Anyone watch the new previews of the workouts? I haven't. I am getting so lazy about this, just waiting on all your comments!

It is cold here today. That makes me want to crawl on the couch and cover up with a blanket. But I did not do that. I did step moves and am getting better.

Hi, Melinda :)! Yes, vacation was great and it was truly a rude awakening to return to the "real" world :p!

I did watch the previews but not closely. I don't tend to pay them too much attention since I can't ever get the feel of a workout until I try to do it. I have a feeling, though, that the only button that's ever going to get pushed on High Intensity is the low intensity premix ;).

Hi babes! Thanks for starting the new thread Lita! Did you happen to watch any of my favorite channel, Discovery Health while you were on vacation? :cool:

Rhea, I think it depends on when you bought your house as to whether you'll be able to sell it quickly. DH bought his house in 1995. We could sell it anytime if we didn't take a home equity loan out on it to buy the property we did. But we were only $12,000 short of what we could accept last year. It depends on whether you can take a hit or not. I'd love to sell it but right now, it's empty.

Lita, more trees are coming down tight and left on the property.
I hate to lose them, but they will be too dangerous if we keep them where they are. DH said we'll have to plant about 200 trees after the house is built. :eek: And they will have to be somewhat tall to begin with or the deer will eat the tops of them!

Melinda, I think it's awesome that your focus is on wellness!! I haven't run into many people in the medical prfession that promote that and it is definitely needed. I haven't watched the previews either but like Lita, they don't tell me anything until I preview the whole dvd when I get it. :)

Body Max 2 this a.m., then stair climbing this early evening (had the day off). Kinda scared of how I'll feel tomorrow! :p

Later babes!

Tracy - As long as you're going to plant some, there's no harm, no foul ;). Safety always comes first - and if they're that old, the new trees would do more good anyway. Or so I say :D!

BTW - on the new workouts:
Two of them do "warm ups" like PH (no traditional warm up - you use light weights instead). I'm just hoping those are the shorter workouts so I can get a "real" warm up in and still keep it under an hour. I just don't ever feel warmed up when I go right to lifting, even if it is light weight :eek:.

Lita, during the winter it can take me 15 min to get warmed up. I don't like it at all. I know what you are talking about just using the lighter wts to warm up. I just don't feel ready. You may just need to do something on your own. I like the warm up time on B&G, it seems to be about 10 min. I have used that before to do other workouts, just a suggestion. It seems on that series she took more time for cool down/stretching, which is something I desperately need. 3 min of cool down is not enough for me to avoid getting stiff later on.

So last month I did S& H. Now I'm doing meso 3 of STS. Wow, after S&H I understand what you are saying about the speed of it. I didn't realize how fast it went. Maybe it is a good idea to alternate between the 2 series.

In general, my new workout pattern for probably this year has been to do 2 upper body wt and 1 lower body wt workouts/week and then add cardio of any kind in between those days. I am most happy with this set up.

Melinda - We are so together on that - I, too, like the longer warm ups and stretches on B&G :D! I swear some mornings I feel as creaky as the Tin Man :eek:. I didn't think the tempo on Meso 3 was that fast, either, until I did the same thing. Amazing how our views can change, huh ;)?

I have been doing the 2 upper to 1 lower for a long time and must say it's my favorite. Occasionally I'll break it up and take a longer leg workout and do standing one day and floor work on another. I used to force 2 - 3 cardios a week but now I'm happy just walking daily with a cardio thrown in only when the weather & my joints are both cooperating. Isn't it grand that we're getting wiser (instead of older) :p?

Hi babes! I like what you said about our trees Lita! We have to look out for their health too. Since we've had some work done on the property, we've had trees damaged too. Gosh, disease, stability, over crowding, they are a bit high maintenance! :D

I just watched the clips of the new workouts, they exhausted me! :p I'm looking forward to High Reps the most but I agree with you both on the quick warm up. I like them longer too, especially in the winter. I don't recall how long Cathe said any of the workouts are.

I want to get wiser and not older too! :) I'm all over the board on what I do. There's no order or rhyme or reason!

Have an awesome Friday!!

Tracy - Ah yes, trees are people too ;). But at least they're a lot more useful when they're not being demanding :p! As for the lengths, I don't have the specifics but she did say when she first mentioned them that they were all under an hour. (BTW - no, I didn't watch any Discovery Health. I'm more into murder, mayhem and the paranormal :rolleyes:....)

Rhea - How ya doing :)? Miss ya!

Melinda - I did an extra long stretch in your honor today :D! (Well, okay, my achy body wanted it too, lol!)

Tracy, we have a lot of large, older trees on our property and they can be a real pain. Old branches dropping in storms, having to trim. It's a constant. They are pretty, but take a lot of work.

Lita, I did a longer stretch yesterday, too. My leg hurts, has been for a month. I think it's got something to do with my calf and hip. I'm sure it's all connected. I think I'm going to get on the rebounder and see if I can get something to loosen up in there, it hurts.

Rhea, hope all is well.

Beautiful weather in Ohio. It was in the 80s yesterday and will be today. Going to the park for a picnic. Found a new trail and they put a picnic table by the creek, so we're going there today

Oh wow, Melinda, that sounds awesome :D! Hope that picnic is as wonderful as it sounds like it'll be! We got hit with fall today and I finally had to cave and turn the heat on :rolleyes:. Hope you get that kink worked out! Do you ever go to a chiro? I finally found one I like out here and I don't go often but it is oh so good when I do :cool: ;)!

Hello! Sorry been MIA, but just haven't really had time....well...okay...I'll confess the darn Scrabble app on my ipad has me really hooked, so I haven't been visiting the forums too much lately! LOL At least my vocabulary is getting a bit better.

I took some time off from working out last week while I was away (in Santa Rosa, nice little trip)and then decided to have a complete rest. I think it was necessary. For some reason I was tired. So I started up again yesterday. Did Fire 45, had a blast, felt great. This morning I got up and did the timesaver of Chest and triceps...what the heck was i thinking with that weight? I forgot how many reps you do in that one...my arms are still jello. This afternoon, did a 20 HIIT, with a stretch. Maybe that knocks the lactic acid out of me. We'll see if I can move tomorrow.

Well, better get some food. I'm starved!

Have a great rest of the evening. P.S. here's a quick peek at the house.(if this works...) OOh, it did. BTW, that is the game room you are looking at!

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 6
Hi babes! I like trees when they don't need me either! :) These are second growth trees that just sprung up wherever they felt like. We want to leave them as natural as possible but I know they can be a pain too!

Lita, I like murder, mayhem and the paranormal too! Don't see a whole lot of the paranormal though. I get murder and mayhem on TLC, Oxygen, Tru TV and Investigation Discovery. What more could a girl want? :p

Melinda, how was your picnic? That's so awesome about your warm weather! We are having alot of beautiful days lately but the mornings and evenings are pretty cold. Bootcamp after work was a bit chilly today! I hope your leg is better! How about both chiro and massage if you can swing it? Chiro has done great for Lita and massage has done a lot for me. :)

Hi Rhea! I am so excited for you and your house building! Thanks for the photo! You live in a beautiful area. Please post more as the progress continues!

I'm glad you got your much needed rest. I overslept almost an hour today! :eek: I imagine with work and the house and IPad scrabble, you're pretty tired!

Let's see. PUB yesterday and stair climbing. My pecs are killing me today! And I managed to bang my knee on cement at the bottom of the stairs yesterday but it seems OK today. But I was made to do push ups today, grrrr.

Later sweet babes!

Rhea - How exciting :cool:! What a pretty view you're going to have. I am so happy for you!

Tracy - Ouch :eek:! That sounds like something I'd do :p!

I'm on my second week of PS (but I add on a lot of upper body work so they're all about one hour workouts). I might hit GS next week - don't know for sure. Might do the Pyramids or ME or something else instead. Who knows ;)?

Tracy, my leg is better, but not fixed. I know the chiro would be good, I just hate going.

Lita, the picnic was great. So peaceful.

Rhea, your house is in a beautiful location!

Now that I saw Rhea could attach pictures, I put one on of the picnic spot.

Attachments

• DSC00146.JPG
    DSC00146.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 6
here's another picture. The table is right above the water line. that is my oldest son wading. He was getting craw dads

Attachments

• DSC00134.JPG
    DSC00134.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 4
Cool pics, Melinda :D! I am so glad your picnic was enjoyable :). Not only the scenery, but getting to "see" you and your family :cool:! I'm so glad I finally found a good chiro here. I just love going to him. Big difference from the last one I had ;).

Great pictures Melinda! Lovely area to picnic. How's that leg?

Are you surprised that I'm SORE today? Ouch. Lactic acid totally set in. I'll do just a cardio with a tone session this afternoon to knock some of it out (hopefully)

Oh, BTW, that is not the "view" side believe it or not. Plus the walls are up now, so I'll take pictures on Sunday and post them. The views are awesome. (well, if you like golf course type views, lol) We will be living in a country golf course setting, so you get trees and a golf course. When I first saw the house with the sub-floor in, all I could think was...I have to clean all this? Eek.

BTW, haven't play a game of Scrabble yet today. Very proud of myself for not procrastinating that way. :)

Okay off to the jail. Have a great rest of the day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.