Low Carbers & Friends - May 2011

Thank you Lita baby for starting the May thread! Hope things aren't too crazy for you! But as you always say, we'll be here when you can get here! :D

Melinda, with all of that work that is needed to get a heart attack, no wonder it takes years to get there! That was very interesting, and very intricate as well! No wonder why medicine keeps learning new details as studies progress--there is so much out there to learn to begin with! :confused:

Rhea, have you gotten any rest lately I hope? :)

Travel Fit today. Winging it again this week. Still motivated for the hard stuff. I did HSC last week. And yes, I pre-ordered Cathe's new workouts on DVD only, but not Cycle Max since I don't have a stationary bike. DH almost caught me too! He asked why my wallet was out and I popped onto my email account right away. Eeek! :eek:

OK, I'm going to say it here, and I am plagerizing what a friend of mine said earlier, "I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." Oh, who am I kidding? I've previously wished some people would bite it! :p

Have a great, stress-free healthy week babes!:p

Dang it! Forgot to sign up for email notification again. Don't know why I keep trying though--I'm not getting the notifications anymore. Probably my stupid pooter doing something weird!

Melinda - I don't know how I missed the info but I went back and looked at it. Very interesting! How did your test go? Did your DS get the job? Where are you :(?

Rhea - Are you still on vacation this week? I know you're working hard on that house, regardless. Do you have a move-in date yet?

Tracy - As always, you have given me a good laugh for the day! I tried looking at pictures that were posted on the new series but couldn't find them on the blog or facebook. I want to order but... I'm making myself wait. I didn't see an end to the pre-order. I hope they let us know when it will be far enough in advance that I can make up my mind!

Later, babes ;)....

Hi everyone,

finished up Meso 1 of STS and am on the rest week. did 30 min cardio on the bike, may do that most of the week. I"m so stinking tired, makes me think about stress and my arteries!

I did good on the first test, got 94%. Second test is this Sat. This weekend is very busy, got class 9am - 2pm, then we go to a 50th anniversary party that's at an exciting place downtown, very fancy for us! Open bar too, I don't know what I'll do with myself ;)

Sunday is mother's day and my dad's 79th bday, so we have a dinner planned for my parents. My brother's fiance is making the main dish, wow, that's nice that I'm not in charge! I got my dad a hot air balloon ride, but he'll have to wait until July when the weather is best for that, that's what the balloon company said. I got a good deal on Groupon, it was 50% off.

All I want to do is sleep! found out my company just got a new direct client for Ohio for 3 years, so business is good. That's all for now.

Melinda - You definitely deserve a rest week :cool:!!!! And way to go on that test, girl :D!!!!!!! I just knew you did well! Good luck on the next one but I have all the faith that you'll pass it with flying colors :). Wow - that sounds like it's going to be one heck of a party! You'd definitely better rest up this week so you have energy to enjoy it :p! So glad your business is doing well - in this economy, that's great news!

Why HELLO Ladies!

It's been a while! I have missed you girls!

Well I am back in AZ and going to college. That retail management stuff just wasn't for me. I am working on my A.S for Health Occupation. This upcoming week is finals. On a brighter note, I got married April 28th! Lots has changed in my life for sure. Updates to come later.

I moved back home in January and was nursing a shoulder injury. By February, I was able to start adding weights back in. March rolled around and I finally started STS! :O I figured I'd start light and just get through the reps. By the 4th week I was doing all the push ups on my toes and using heavier wts!
Today I do disc 23. I took last week off for the wedding and honeymoon. He took me to Sedona! Was back at the wts for disc 22 on Monday. Had class all day Tuesday so no workout there.

I'm pre-ordering the new series too! I won't be getting Cycle Max as I don't have the equipment.

Have a great day ladies and I'll be back to check on you!

Welcome back, Reese - and congratulations :D :D :D!!! Hopefully married life is treating you well :cool:. And wow - sounds like you're rocking on those STS workouts :eek:! You go, girl!

Reese, it's so nice to hear from you! Can't wait to hear about your new life. Where do you live in AZ?

Lita, our business is booming, which is great in this economy. It is a small company, but from 2009 to 2010 we went from 10 million to 15 million in sales. Who knows were we'll be after signing on this client, this is major and I've heard Ohio will be getting more as well. Ohio's economy isn't great, so I'm fortunate to be working, that's for sure.

My oldest son just got a full time job yesterday. I am very happy about this, it has benefits too.

Now to get DH back to work, but he's still finishing up his classes, so that's ok. I have a good feeling about things!

Just been doing the stationary bike while I watch tv at night. I was having issues with my leg, but now I sit on a pillow and that does the trick, no more pain. Guess I needed more cushion.

Melinda - Wow, I have my fingers crossed your company continues its success! As for DS1 - that's awesome :cool:!!! Hopefully this means good things are next for DH :D!

Hi babes! Melinda, you are one busy woman! And I'm so pleased that things are on an upswing for you at work and DS getting a full-time job!!! Yippee! Enjoy that fancy-dancy anniversary party--you and DH deserve some fun when someone else is picking up the tab! :D Are you planning to get Cathe's new series? You could get Cycle Max since you have a stationary bike!

Reece! SO good to hear from you! I've missed you too! And CONGRATULATIONS on your recent marriage!!!! Sounds like you are doing really well in school, and your are definitely rocking STS!!! Good for you! I hope you can stop by here regularly!

Lita, there are pics of the new series posted somewhere? Hmmm, I'll have to look for them. I've only seen one and that was when I preordered. Cathe hasn't given a deadline yet and she always gives us plenty of notice when she does set a deadline. No worries my friend!

Hi Rhea! Hope you are getting some rest and relaxation!

Ladies--be prepared to faint--I actually ran during my half-hour lunch at work the other day. Did some walking too, but mostly ran due to the peer pressure of those from work with me! I've felt the effects ever since too. It was a nice change of pace and a perfect day to run but I won't be doing it a whole lot, I'm not a runner!

Happy Friday babes!

Tracy - Oh my, you go, girl :eek:! I remember running once a couple summers ago but I gotta tell you, that's one advantage to having a bad hip. It's the perfect excuse to not do that again :p! As for pictures, there's a sticky under the forum on Cathe's new workouts that says: "We have now started posting pictures from the filming of the four new Cathe workouts. You can view pictures in either our Blog or facebook fan page."

I have just posted a message there because I've looked at both things several times and I'm totally hornswaggled over where in the heck they are. I don't know why they just can't put links in rather than expect all of us to be computer addicts :rolleyes:. After all, if you're taking the time to start a sticky, why not take 5 seconds extra and provide a link (or heaven forbid, just paste the information there).

Okay - I'll quit ranting now :p.........

Beginning my Saturday, I already know I'll be taking a nap after class!

Tracy, thanks for saying something about cycle max. I saw Reece say that but didn't know what it was, I have not investigated the new series. I may get it, but will wait until the presale is about to be over. If my company is still offering up to $150 for fitness stuff, I'll get it for sure.

We have had 4 out of 8 pp in my department have knee injuries and need surgery since January. All of them are under 40. Can you believe that? All from doing fitness stuff. I think the best thing is to not keep repeating the exact same thing all the time. I noticed that 3 days on the stationary bike was starting to hurt my knee, so that's not a good idea to do every day!

Lita, my excuse for not running is a pee my pants!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Hello fitness buddies!
Friday, I finished up Meso 2 with Back and Biceps. Oh and Thursday, DH and I went down to the football field and ran and I showed him kick-boxing and yoga stuff. I was so showing off with the yoga. LOL. Holding a low push up then into up dog. He was impressed. He kept saying how he has a hot wife and "Thank you Cathe!" :p We were there for almost 2 hours! Pretty sore today! Thinking about doing Step Moves and Stretch Max #2 to loosen up and flush out lactic acid. My back is so sore for the horizontal one arm row drops sets. Yowzer!

I'm not taking next week off for recovery. I'm going right into Meso 3 because I took a week off for our honeymoon between weeks 3 & 4 in Meso 2. Think that's ok?

I have finals on Tuesday! Then I have two weeks off before I start my summer courses. I have 2 research papers due on Tuesday. It helps having a husband that use to teach English when he lived in Japan. lol. My English research paper is on Clean Eating and Resistance Training. I am anxious to get grades!

Our wedding reception is next Saturday! Lots going on this week getting ready. Designed our wedding cake Friday. I'm excited! We had to go into Flagstaff and register at Bed Bath and Beyond for gifts. That was fun. :)
I posted some recent pics on my profile here if anyone can figure out how to view them.

Melinda- I'm back in Northern AZ by the grand canyon.

I've missed you ladies!

Reece, I was able to see your pictures. Very nice, please post more when you can!

I took a peek at the new workouts. I think I'll get them, will have to look at them in more detail, but I like that there is yoga on there too. I'm excited about that. And I will get the cycle max.

Hey Girls!

Today was Hiit Pyramid and Core Max workout 1. Yesterday, I did Step Moves to kind of just loosen up. DH did CM with me after his run. I love having someone as enthused about fitness as I am. He eats clean with me as well!

Tracy- I love STS!!! I am doing a round of Insanity after Meso 3 then I will redo my 1RPMs and repeat STS! So far I can't decide what my favorite meso cycle is. I love both of the ones I've finished.

Tomorrow I start Meso 3. Wish me luck.. still have slight DOMS in my back from Friday.
I pre-ordered the new series DVD only and without Cycle Max. I think its a great deal and am looking forward to having some Low Impact workouts. Spent a long time on my feet while I was in management. lol

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

HI! I'm back.

Melinda - great job on that test! I knew you would do awesome. Since it is Monday after the big weekend, how was it?

Reece!!! So glad to "see" you? And married to boot, that is great news. You sound very happy. You are going to have fun at the reception.

Hi Tracy - I'm not a runner either, but lately been thinking of it to get the blubber off my hiney. I need me some cardio and just haven't had time for anything. I guess I've been doing that NEAT type of workout lately, but it is not enough for me. (non-exercise activity thermogenics, something like that)

Lita - finally back from "vacation." What a laugh,vacation? caulk, paint, pack, move boxes, rinse and repeat. I need a vacation from my vacation. We did manage to get the occupancy final done so we can officially move in. DH is working on the fences because we can't stay over there until there are fences to get doggies from wandering (and the OCD, hyper-active, autistic dog will wander in a heartbeat :p ) There are tons of little things to finish....like the caulk and paint trim is still not finished) But I can get that done when I don't have to wash up and still drive home. I've been sneaking in boxes to the kitchen before we got the c.o., so the kitchen is almost over there. I figured that if I'm driving 40 miles, then I might as well bring a load. So today, my car is full of clothing and other things that are a pain in the patootie to move (plants, kitchen mixer, etc.)

Oh, Tracy - something to know about the paint in your house...if you are planning on painting the inside yourself, the painter is considered the person to caulk everything, including the windows. I did not think about this and now have to caulk all the edges of the windows and then retouch the paint. Oh and another tip I learned, if you are going to do your walls a different color than the ceiling, the best thing to do is put a small bead of painter's caulk in the edges. I guess it makes it easier to cut in that line between the ceiling and the wall, especially if you have textured walls (versus smooth) The caulk smoothes out the texture and makes you lines prettier (wish they told me that sooner) I've got to redo my purple room so I'm going to try it out.

Okay, back to work, enough procrastination. Good to be back, I think.

Rhea, I am totally amazed at the volume of work you got done and continue to get done on the house and still working. I know you had time off, but geeze, you are a worker bee!

Weather is so nice out, we are going to try to get in a bike ride. Sun for the first time is ages. Suppose to storm tomorrow, I can start meso 2 of STS then. Got to make hay while the sun shines, or ride a bike! ;)

The anniversary party was so much fun. I will post a picture of DH and me and our friends. DH is next to me and our friends are next to us.

Attachments

• Craig,Trent,Melinda, Kathy 5.7.11.jpg
    Craig,Trent,Melinda, Kathy 5.7.11.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 7
Hello Ladies,

Today I squeezed in Meso 3 disc 25 Chest and Back. That was tough work! I ended with the extended stretch which felt nice. :)
Working on Finals today. Made chicken fajitas for dinner. They turned out pretty yummy.
Rhea- You have been busy! Wow! Nice to "see" you too. Running would help slim down the booty or just do Butts & Guts or Lower Body Blast with cardio 3-5x a week. That is my quick booty slimming remedy.
Melinda- Love the picture! You look great.
I have more pictures on my facebook if you guys want to see them, send me a friend request. Search Maurica Nez.

Back to studying. Finals are first thing in the morning!

Hi Ladies,

Today was super busy with finals and getting registered for the fall semester but I was able to squeeze in the cardio time saver premix from Low Impact Circuit.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.