Low Carbers & Friends - February 2010

Thanks for starting a new thread Lita, and on the first day of the month! You are ON it!! :D

Good to see you back Melinda! Have a great time in CA! Hope it's not raining there and you get LOTS of sunshine and warmer temps!! As for your work computer, I always used mine at my last job to post on the forums and it wasn't a problem. Most private employers know their employees use their computers for personal stuff and you are definitely not the first person to have problems like you did. I mean, Lita is right, you needed a driver, what else were you supposed to do? Funny too, at both my current job and my last, people opened emails that had viruses.... :p

Thanks for all of your good wishes babes! I'm feeling better but not all better, this cold is a tenacious little thing! :mad: I did the last disc of meso 2 today and since it was a short work day, I originally wanted to add cardio too. But I decided to take a nap afterwards instead. :) There aren't any push ups in meso 3 are there? I don't want any more of those!

Have a great week!

Tracy - I think the nap was the better option of the two ;)! I hope you'll take your rest week and take care of yourself and shake this bug for good :). For some reason, I thought there some push ups in there but I don't see any on the exercise sheets :cool:. Perfectly fine by me!

Gosh darn, been too busy to post again.

Hmm...okay I finally got the last disc for Meso 2 done. Yesterday I tried out most of the MMA Boxing, my that was fun! My arms are sore today! Tomorrow is a run/walk in the a.m. with friend. Oof, early...cold...must do it..I really enjoy that cold air....yes I do....fresh air.....brisk....good for you (have I convinced you yet?)

Well, back to work....:eek:

Hi Ladies,

Last night was Hiit 30/30 and tonight I did PUB. I still put the sb abs at the beginning and then then do the wt work. So 30/30 wiped me out. I mean I went right to bed after it. Wow! I haven't really done much cardio at all since I've been cleared to workout. I did Step Moves on Saturday which I had not one miss step in that workout which surprised me. Cathe's cuing was right on. So I'm going to do more cardio this month probably 5x a week hopefully. Things are complicated right now and I haven't really had the motivation or mindset for working out.

Hope all is well with everyone! Enjoy your workouts!

Hi babes! Thanks for the support on the nap Lita because I did it again yesterday! :D No workout today either because I got a massage but I WILL do MMA Boxing tomorrow, I've put it off too long and can't wait to get back to the workouts!

Rhea, boy, you sure have me convinced to get up early and do a run/walk in February, in pouring rain. Uh yes, I like me that fresh brisk damp air! :p Let us know how you do!

Hi Reece! I think the cardio in the HIIT dvd is over the top! No wonder why you went to bed right afterwards! I like Step Moves alot, it doesn't make my HR go through the roof! Hope things get un complicated for you soon!

Gosh, I bet Melinda is enjoying the sunshine in CA. Sigh

Later babes!

Rhea - You sound like me on the mornings I have to hike up to the bank ;). The pep talk probably worked as well for you as it does for me :p! I do love the boxing workout - definitely my favorite of the STS cardios :D!

Reece - Good to see you again :)!

Tracy - Naps are always good ;)! Hope you like the boxing workout when you get to do it. If it had good music, it would be my favorite workout of all time!

Yes, I did IT! Got up, met with the other two runners and ran about a mile, with some stop and walk bouts. I definately need new shoes, part of my not liking the jogging, need some more support. So I got those today at lunch. Maybe my feet won't be so tired after next time. I'm going to go out twice a week for a while and then start adding days as I get more proficient.:eek:

Wow - way to go, Rhea :D! I'm proud of you for finally getting those shoes! I detest running (worse than push ups :p ) but I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Yea, I'm not a real fan of running either, but darn, I'm sore in really different spots today. My obliques is one of them. I don't think it would be from the boxing since that was Tues, wasn't it?

Rhea - Running makes me hurt all over - not just in a spot or two :p! Maybe it's the arm-swinging motion during running that works the obliques?

Well, nope, it was the boxing. Did that one again yesterday and I'm pretty sure all that twisting is what made me sore.

Probably no workout for me today since I'm running out of time. Wanted to try TL's Step whatever. I previewed it yesterday after MMA Box, it looked pretty fun and quite simple but intense.

Well, I made time to do the workout before the superbowl. It was fun, but tough Wow. Tracy, have you done an of them yet? I started out with the bad disk and realized what the bad part was. All of a sudden you are trying to follow the directions, but the words aren't matching the move, cracked me up!

Hi babes! Good for you getting up and out to do some running Rhea! Running is not really my thing either. I also haven't looked at Tracie's new workouts yet either. I'm such a slacker! :eek: I've done something a little different too--I sighed up for a workout group meetup. (And a hiking group and a biking group!) The workout group's next meetup is Feb. 18 for a workout to be designed by one of its members and I plan to participate. Something new to do!

I did MMA Boxing the other day and really liked it! Got my HR soaring too a couple of times. I really felt like it was a great all around cardio and ab workout in one short package. :D I liked some of the music alot in this one too. Hope to do the Kickboxing one this week. Back to STS meso 3 tomorrow!

Rhea - I think the next time I do MMA:B I'm going to omit the weighted gloves. I think I'm being restrictive on some of the moves because I don't want to injure joints wearing them.

Tracy - You're much more brave than I am joining a bunch of strangers to exercise with them :eek:! I must say, I really do not like the music is STS cardio. There's a couple places it's not too bad, but there's more places I just can't get into it :eek:.

Okay, I was very good girl and got up and started Meso 3 this morning. Did about 1/2 of the first disc (25?) and then went for the run and when I got back finished up the rest of the disc. I really like the rests between. I can actually change the weights if I want to! LOL. I probably need to go heavier on some of the exercises, just not sure how much heavier. I do want to be able to pick up my arms when I'm done.

Well, gotta run. Have a great rest of the day.

Rhea - For safety's sake, I'm not lifting my max because I dang near killed myself the first time through doing that. So I'm adding on a couple of extra reps when I don't hit failure with the weight I am using. Wow - I am impressed you came back and finished that workout! I think after running I would've just quit for the whole day :p ;)!

HI!! Just checking in to see if anyone remembers if I worked out last Friday?......I'll look to see if I posted it, I'm just getting old I guess. I can't remember. LOL

Hmm, I don't think I did. Well, now I'm not sure if I get a rest day today or not. Hmm. Okay, I'm procrastinating at work, could you tell? I'll tell you tomorrow if I whimp out for today. (tomorrow is the Legs disc, then running on Thurs and then the last disc Friday, so I might rest today):p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.