Low Carbers Challenge - June 09

Thanks Melinda! I was going to start a thread for June, thanks for taking care of it!

Hi Jeanie baby!! So good to see you GF!! Seems we're always working on our problem areas huh? My stomach still hasn't gone away! :rolleyes: How is your house? And do you have any recommendations of what I should do with the scores of video tape workouts I have? I don't think I can give them away! :eek:

I've been pretty good on not getting many dvds lately. I've been sticking with Cathe and Amy Bento for the most part. Now, with clothing and other fun stuff I have been doing my best to bosst the economy! :p

I put flaxmeal in my yogurt. It doesn't seem to cause burping or HB. Melinda, you had me cracking up about eating fish oil and sketti! :D Hope you are feeling better Rhea!

Maybe I'll hit 4DS after STS since you babes have done it! I'm finding that I have really liked it, but I'm getting ready to move onto my other workouts again. I'm on the second to last week now and since we are warmer, I'm thankful for the heavy weight work and no killer cardio!

Tracy, I have donated almost all of my workout video tapes to the library. I found that I really didn't miss them.

I liked doing the 4DS Monday, the wt. work went by really fast after STS. I did go a lot heavier and am hoping I can keep that up to maintain my strength.

Tracy, do you still have those fabulous arms? Yep, I'm always working on the lower body. I'll always be a pear, but at least I want to be a small pear! I am LOVING my house! We're having a big stone patio put in soon, and I cannot wait! As for my old workouts (and even the newer ones I don't use), I offer them to friends first, and then I just post them for free on Craig's List. I'd rather give them away then have them sitting around.

Melinda, I love the 4DS.

Okay, I'm finally on the new thread :eek:.... Jeez :rolleyes:....

Melinda - I am with you on 4DS :D! It's faster and I'm going heavier. It seems just right!

Tracy - That is the best thing about the end of STS. The workouts may be longer and seem never ending but there's a lot less cardio :p.

Jeanie - What a great thing to give those workouts to friends! I may have to do what Melinda said and donate mine to the library since I don't have any friends other than you guys and you already have all the workouts I do ;)!

Hi babes! Thanks for the tips of old workout video donations to the library! Now I just gotta find the darn things. They're still in storage somewhere!

Jeanie, you''re so sweet! The ol' arms are still here and doing OK! :cool: I love your long hair! I'm thrilled you love your house!! And you're getting a patio in time for them summer BBQ! DH told me that we should have a shell of a house up by Sept. That would be great! (But I'm not holding my breath.) But the hope is we can have all of the inside work done in bad weather. How is little Ces BTW?

I'm hoping to keep up my strength also after STS. I know alot of Cathe's workouts can go too fast for really heavy weights but I'll be happy if I can increase the weight just a little bit for those. I've been really complacent for a long time!

Lita, can you subscribe to this thread? I couldn't find a way yesterday but was able to just now. Tonight, I had to go to page 2 to find us!. Boy this is a busy place! :eek:

Tracy - It automatically subscribed me yesterday when I replied. The problem was before I read the old thread, I didn't know a new one existed - and therefore wasn't subscribed to it. Did that make any sense :eek:????

Tracy, I hope you get your new house built soon! I bet you won't know how to act!!!!

Ces is 22 now, but he's unemployed. The store he was selling appliances for closed down due to the economy. He can't seem to find work anywhere!

OK, I got The Shred workout in the mail and tried it out. I did level 3 which was about 25 min, then did SM. It was a nice intensity and I felt a good workout to have. I don't care for Jillian too much, but could deal with it. I won't buy it for now, but at least I know it's out there if need be in the future.

Tracy, I feel like I've been complacent for a long time, too!

Been busy!

Yesterday I did....oh yeah, nothing. Today was Burn #2. I've got some new ones to try and not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow. I might have to do a couple just to try them out!

Thur was a nothing day. Too busy from work and too tired.
Fri will be another 4DS, but not sure what. I need to quit munching or I won't have an empty enough stomach to workout.

Well, a bug bit me and I did two workouts. Burn Intervals which is a muscle endurance and cardio workout and then I did Jillian Michael's Boost your Metabolism. Boy, it better be boosted. I'm pooped. Burned off 650 cals for those two workouts.

Melinda - I know what you mean with the munching and the empty tummy. I walk a fine line between having enough fuel to not get low blood sugar for the workout and not making myself sick from too much in the stomach.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRACY!!!!!!

TGIF Ladies!

Rhea, how do you like Jillian's "Boost Your Metabolism"? I am loving it. Burns mega calories and I really sweat with this one!

Happy Birthday Tracy! You are just getting better and better!!!

I'd probably like it better by itself. As an add on....yipes! I was getting rather tired at the end and did not have much to put into it, but it was fun.

Okay, ended up doing no workouts yesterday except the purge the back room workout and clean, clean clean. OKay, not much cleaning got done since I think I was making more of a mess. But I was trying to purge. I actually put all of my vhs exercise tapes in the garage sale pile. I don't have a vcr anymore and I'll probably never do those tapes again. Even the old firm ones, but it seems like you can get them on dvd now, so if I realllllly want to do them, I could get the dvds.

Not sure what I'll do today. I need to finish up the week of Burn circuit, but I might add on a Yoga Booty Ballet. Not much energy today, but I think that is because of the decaf coffee. (or the still rainy cloudy type of weekend, makes me lazy!) Yawn. ;)

Well, better go do something, I'm a draggin!

Happy Birthday, Tracy! Hope you had a good day.

Rhea, that's what I felt when I got rid of my firm vhs. I can always get it on dvd, but I think I'm done with them. They were great when I had them, but workout stuff changes and some things get pretty dated. I remember paying $50 when I bought vol 3 from the Firm. But I didn't regret it. When I finished the workout I thought, "now, that's a workout!". And then about 5 years ago I started doing Cathe workouts and the switch began!

My son's H.S. graduation was Sat. Party on Sun. He heads out to Chico on Tuesday. I'm sad. Who knows how long he'll be out there. Only time will tell.

Back to working out today (Mon)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.