Low Carbers Challenge--April

Tigger

Cathlete
Hi ladies! Thanks for meeting over here!

How are you? I'm sick which just really tees my tunder (don't ask me what that means, I don't know!)

I guess the upside of that is my appetite is down! I've been fighting this since Saturday and hope I'll feel better tomorrow to resume STS. If I can't continue it this week, I'll treat this as a rest week and resume it next week. I'm not starting over, that's for sure!

Anyone thinking about getting the pull up tower? I'm thinking about it, for sure! I'd love to have a place to put the barbell without lowering it to the floor all of the time. I have a 20% coupon which expires April 30th. I'm not clear about whether I can use it for the tower or not but I'll give it a whirl!

Hi Tracy!!!! Hi Lita!

Tracy - hope you feel better soon.

I started back up with STS today repeating last week since I was derailed while on vacation. Actually liked doing Disc three again. I knew what I was in for, but I managed to skip out on some of the push ups this time. I was too tired by the end of the workout.

Hi ladies - I'm so glad we're back together again :cool:!!!

Tracy - Hope you feel better soon! Ah come on - you don't wanna start STS all over again :p? Of course I'd love the tower (so I could really frustrate myself trying to do chinups, lol) but I just can't justify the cost, especially since I don't use a barbell.

Rhea - Sometimes I wish I had done the 6 month rotation because it takes me as least one workout to get the hang of what I need to do/should do :eek:. Oh well - there's always this summer when it's too hot to do much of anything else, right ;)?

Hmm, that's a thought.

Well, no workout for me today. I did the wake every hour last night with anxiety attacks and this morning coffee did not even taste good so I had to call in sick. But after a really good sleep for four hours, I felt much better. I think I might have had a little heat exhaustion or something. Water really tasted good this morning, (and my entire tummy system was acting up) Still gurgles even now.

So tomorrow I'll do disc 4.

Tracy - you feeling better?

Hi babes! I am feeling better, yippee!!! So I resumed STS on schedule today, whew!! Disc 16 I believe. I had a little trouble lifting my arms right after it was over but it's better now. I can type at least!

How are you liking STS Rhea? Is it alot different from Chalene's Xtreme series? What did you do on vacation? I hope YOU are feeling better soon and coffee tastes good again!

Lita, you are so funny!! Start STS again? Nah, I'll wait a bit to do it all again. I was thinking the fall, I don't think I could do it so soon again in the summer. :) But I could surprise myself!

Gol!! PMSing bad here! I ate some cookies tonight! But only 3. And they were organic. (That's how DH justifies buying them.) Sigh. I've had 2 doctors ask me lately if I have peri-M symptoms and all I have is adult acne that appears and then disappears just as quickly. I heard that exercise helps alleve symptoms so that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

Oh shucks - I'm not getting the notification :(. Good thing I thought to come see if I could coax you guys out of hybernation :p!

(((Rhea)))!!! I am so very glad you got to stay home and get some sleep! I am so sorry you were having those nasty panic attacks again - those are no fun at all!

Tracy - So glad you're feeling better :D! Actually, I don't think I wanna do it this summer either - especially those leg workouts :eek:! Hmmm - on second thought, I'll likely do my usual S&H this summer and get back to STS this fall, too!

God evening!

Much better today. I think it was partly heat/dehydration/stress/food intolerances combined. Wow, I'm totally fouled up, huh?

Tracy - the jury is still out on STS. I enjoy the workouts, but I'm missing the high energy of Chalene. It might only be because I haven't been able to fit any cardio in lately. Maybe if I can get some "fun" type cardios in without exhausting myself, then I'll enjoy it more. It also could be that I have not really been in the mood to workout lately.

Rhea - Good heavens, no wonder you weren't feeling well :eek:! Sounds like it's a combo of all kinds of things with STS ;). Maybe you should just do what you want and put STS back to do when you're more psyched for it. I'd hate for you to have a negative experience with it so that you never try it again :(.

Just bumping so that if one of you shows up later, we're not too far gone :p.

BTW - are either of you following the whole Susan Boyle thing? I can't believe how drawn into I've been since I normally eschew anything like this (as you both well know ;) ) :rolleyes:. But I gotta tell ya, if I could sing like that woman, that's all I'd ever do! Her "I Dreamed a Dream" touched me from day one (even if I couldn't understand the words) and I loved her "Cry me a river" from the git-go. Absolutely awesome! Okay, I'll quit now :eek:.... Just wondering what you ladies were thinking of it :).

Well, actually, haven't watched it at all.:eek: So I can't give you an opinion there.

Did a Christi Taylor today, but only half since my knee was stiff. Weird how doing back work will tighten up my hamstrings sometimes. Tomorrow's leg workout will be good.

Well, I had better get something cooked for dinner. Hungry, but don't know what I having yet....hmm...

Rhea - I think you've been a bit too busy lately if you haven't stumbled across all the controversy surrounding it :eek:! Anyway... just so you know you're not alone, back work really nails my hams every time. I think it's how you have to hold yourself to do the rows - and of course, the deadlifts (even limited lowering) always get my hams sore :rolleyes:.

Okay, you made me curious. So I went and watched the youtube and watched it a couple of times. I just loved it when Simon's face fell. :D :eek:I think the blonde lady was very embarrassed by their initial reaction to her and tried to apologize for them all. Ms. Susan has a beautiful voice and she chose the most appropriate song for herself to sing.

Today I could feel the hamstrings working when I was doing some of the deadlifts and I think that is the culprit. They just tighten up after being worked, so they pull on my knee. My knee feels pretty good right now, but I bet when I try to get up from the chair it will be a little stiff.

Well, again, off to fix something for dinner. I'm starving.:p

Hi babes! Before I forget, you can select your thread subscription notification type when you post here Lita. It's located under Additional Options below. Then you can click on the thread from your email and don't have to search for this. I set it up to get a daily notification. My issue here is I can't get any smilies into my post! I can only get one and it puts it next to the title of the message, not in the body of my post. Hmmm.

Rhea, I'm with Lita. If you're not motivated for STS right now, I don't reccommend you do it. It will be there whenever you feel like doing it. I would hate for you to dread it or be turned off by it! I know I'm not getting as much cardio in as I normally do, but I've come to terms with it since it is temporary. And geez! Time is flying by quick on this! I'm halfway done with it and I feel like I just started!

I think I'm feeling the work in my back with deadlifts more than the hamstrings. I don't think that's necessarily a good trhing!

Lita, DH showed me the first clip of Susan but I haven't seen her since. I will take a look! Her voice blew me away and I thought Simon was so cocky afterwards! He can be such a jerk. And I am surprised you are into this since this isn't your thing, but she's impossible not to root for!

Hope you both have an awesome weekend!!!

Tracy - there is a place to change to get your smilies. If I can only remember? I think it was in the User CP and in the advanced options.

Okay, go to Edit Options and go all the way to the end of the page, you need to have the enhanced messenger yadayda...okay I can't remember exactly what it said.;)

Hi, Rhea and Tracy :)! I see you both came out to play - yippee :D!

Rhea - Hope you got some good dinner in! Be very careful with the hamstrings :eek:! I am currently going to PT because I can't sleep at night because of hip pain. It all started years ago with my hamstrings, so.... hopefully you'll be a lot wiser than I was in dealing with the soreness ;).

Tracy - I personally could just spit on Simon :mad:. For a long time I've heard "Simon this/Simon that" by the one DJ on the station I listen to and I am here to tell you, the real person doesn't impress me in the least. And I could've just smacked all those people who were judging her right out of the box before she ever opened her mouth. I am just thrilled she showed them all! However, this is exactly why I don't watch these shows because I have had more than one sleep-deprived night because I keep reading about her and the viciousness of people just really gets to me...

Oh duh - maybe I should actually say something about exercise :eek:. Let's see - yesterday I started Meso 3 and I loved it!!! I was actually able to use all my target weight and went higher on some things. I felt darned near invincible :p.

I really struggled with even my 75% in Meso 2 but with the tempo being slower and the reps less, I was able to go up in poundage over anything I used in the last cycle. I did kinda strain a muscle over my ribs but that's bugged me for years and I don't think it was actually the weight work that did it but something I did during the Yoga-based abs :rolleyes:.

Weeellll, I did Disc 7 today and can I say ...ouch. Was there like a gazillion push-ups? Well, maybe not a gazillion, but the total count was supposed to be 190!!!!!! Yes, I counted, even the 1.5s. I did not make all those push-ups, but I was surprised to do 132 of them.(okay, I added them up too:p)

Not sure how the rest of the week is going to go. Massage tomorrow, travel on Weds to doc and to bay area.....so I'm not sure I'll get Disc 8 in before I go...I might, might try and drag my hiney out of bed. I can manage weights with substantial amounts of coffee in the a.m. We'll see.

Hi babes! Thanks Rhea! I followed your directions and got my smilies. I'm now a happy girl! :D

Lita, Simon is an arrogant idiot and I've never liked him. I haven't read anything on Susan other than an article in People magazine and it was nice. I'm lucky I can't read stuff for fun online at work because if I could, I'm sure I'd see the mean stuff. :(

I am thrilled you love meso 3!!! And to feel almost invincible? AWESOME!!! I'm struggling with meso 2! :p I sometimes take a little longer break than Cathe does 'cause I need it! But my weights in some areas maybe a little heavier than they should be. I failed a couple of times today with disc 19 so I will likely be paying for it tomorrow. Yikes! :eek: Did medicine ball abs today but I think my favorite of the ab circuits is yoga abs. :) Anyone else have a favorite? Oh! And have you noticed that the men on STS have terrible form sometimes? They are still nice to look at though!

Rhea, are there REALLY 190 push ups in disc 7? Holy cow!!! I'm going to try to forget that because I plan to do STS again someday! Hope you have a great time in the bay area and good luck on the morning workout!!

Lita, I'm sorry you have to go to PT!! What part of your hip hurts?

I hope you both have a great week! Off to spend money and order the tower thingy.

Rhea - I'm pretty sure the "gazillion" was the correct # on all those blasted pushups :eek:! I have never been good at them and they were far too fast and too frequent for me to give them the good form they deserved :eek:. Does this mean you're going to be MIA for the rest of the week? I'll really miss ya - but hope you have a wonderful and safe time :). But you gotta hurry back, okay????

Tracy - I think you'll find Meso 3 is a far smoother ride than Meso 2 ;). Yes, the guys have really bad form - but I've seen Denise do some really questionable things too (especially the herky-jerky way she "stretches").

I tackled disc 27 today because the PT told me yesterday that I was to do no lower body w/o this week :(. She doesn't even want me to do the walking I normally do. I did convince her I could do one low impact cardio yet this week - but that took some sweet talking, lol! I was going to do LM Premix 2 but thinking about it, I might be better off doing the step only premix without the blasts. Hmmm.... Anyway - FWIW, I really wish I could've stayed on track and done 26 today. I think you definitely need the x break between the upper body workouts in this cycle. I'm really upset about interrupting the whole thing, though, being this close to the finish line :(.

I did the yoga abs yesterday :)! I liked it better than the first time I did it. I just wish it weren't quite so long. The W&P, SB and even NE abs I can break into two workouts, but the yoga isn't quite long enough to do that. I do like the medicine ball w/o too. My least favorite is the SB one - I just don't have what it takes to do the last several without pulling muscles...

I can't say one part hurts more than the other since it's the whole blasted thing :p. And yup, that includes all the muscles/tendons going into it - IT band, hip flexor, hamstring, & so on and so forth :rolleyes:. Why have just one single problem when you can have a whole mess of 'em all at once, huh :D?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.