looking to join a check-in... where do I fit?

lisacohen

Cathlete
Hi there,

I am hoping to get into a weekly or daily check-in. My goals WERE running and Cathe for strength but have since changed (until I can get my foot to cooperate - specifically the neuroma in my right foot). Now I'd like to focus on getting strength and yoga incorporated into my elliptical cardio routine. I've been working out regularly for a looong time (with breaks for two high-risk prenancies) but now I just want to be more focused with my scheduling. I know if I'm involved with a check-in it will help keep me motivated, inspired, and, ahem, honest!

I typically workout 5 days a week, with the workouts lasting 30 minute workouts (but I know by the end of the year I want to be up to doing 1 hr. workouts). I consider myself intermediate/adv (it's just that I'm short on time and don't want to get up any earlier yet... but I know I will ...but not now!). I want to do Cathe tapes for my strength, and my cardios will be elliptical (which will switch to running when I am able to again). Oh, and I have a 5 and 2 year year old that keep me on my toes. And I want to have a more regular yoga pracitce for sanity's sake (plus it just feels so good when I'm done. I feel taller... and at 5'2" - that's a pretty amazing thing!). I have no idea how I will fit this all in. But seeing other people schedule will likely help me... and just getting going will help too! LOL!

I'm not sure what all the different check-ins are (the Cheetahs I assume are runners, some are self-explanatory, but the others... I'm not sure what they are) so I thought I'd post here to get some suggestions.

Thanks for allowing me to ramble!!! :)

Lisa
http://lisacohen.typepad.com

I think theres still a Trying to Fit in Yoga... or something like that check-in. They all do cardio/strength but also have great Yoga tales to tell!
BTW: You'll belong in any one you want to start in! VERY welcoming group in all IMO! Welcome to check-in obsession!:)

Hi Lisa.

There is the Cheetah check in for runners. We are very good at nursing the injured Cheetahs back to health. We've had several unfortunately. LOL You are welcome to come by and join us any time!

Hope to see you there!

Lisa~

Some people do more than one check-in. You would fit in well with the cheetahs. A lot of folks cross-train on the elliptical, and as Wendy said, they sometimes take a break completely from running when injury requires it. Many of us practice yoga, too, and of course, we're all Cathe-obsessed. :)

Feel free to join us!
Cathy :)

Hi - I usually start the Hardcore Fitness Maniacs thread daily and the Trying to Fit Yoga In check. We welcome you to both! Great bunch of ladies at Hardcore....very inspiring and don't let the name scare you. We all do our own thing...crosstrain like crazy. Some are doing P90X right now. I do a variety of advanced instructors. Some of us do Cathe rotations and yes, we're all Cathe obssessed...but we can appreciate other advanced instructors also.

The yoga check in was started cuz I felt I blabbed way too much on the Hardcore thread for the non-yoga ladies and it's not a very big check in yet....but I'm hoping it will grow. We all usually do strength/cardio during the week and yoga on the weekends, and I try to fit some yoga in in the evenings, time permitting.

I'm sure you'll be welcomed wherever you decide to go.

Welcome Lisa! I check in on the Daily Check-in which is kind of the generic check-in. Lots of great ladies on that check-in. You can, of course, check in on more than one.

Is there a check in for us outdoorsy types? I like Cathe's workouts, but they're only one of my many activities. I use them mainly for conditioning for other sports. Where are the hikers, rock climbers, mountain bikers, backpackers, inline skaters, soccer and Ultimate frisbee players?

I'd love to hear about others' adventures in the great outdoors!!

-Lucinda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.