Living the Good Life - Hedonists Sat Jan 20

buffettgirl

Cathlete
It's a good thing we decided to postpone our romantic weekend getaway. DH is feeling miserable today. I haven't made up my mind what to fill the day with, but expect it will include some errands, some housework, some reading and a workout. Cardio Fusion sounds like fun today. I have a pot a steel cut oats simmering on the stove and plan on trying a new recipe for Roasted Garlic Chicken with Lemon and Rosemary for dinner tonight. What relaxing, self-indulgent yet healthy plans do you all have for today?

I guess everyone is out enjoying their weekend. At least I hope so. I did end up doing Cardio Fusion, followed by some shopping, cleaning and reading. I got a nice pair of $100 shoes at TJMAxx for $25. They are made in Italy, which I love to say. "My shoes were made in Italy." Dinner was very good, along with a nice Seval Blanc. I haven't had a bad dish from my Rachael Ray cookbooks yet and would urge anyone to get one.

Robin - so sorry to hear about your postponed weekend and I'm sorry you have a sick DH. Not a fun weekend - eh? I love Rachel Ray and I've made several of her recipes from www.RachelRay.com - they have been very good! Good job on the shoe deal! Nothing like a great pair of Italian shoes to make a gal feel rich and decadent!

I've been squeaky clean until just now when we opened a bottle of Beringer Napa Valley Chardonnay (one of my favorite Chardonnays!). I'm making Angel Hair pasta with Mussels in a red pepper sauce tonight - a Cooking Light recipe that grabbed me. Did Body Max 2 - and I'm thinking of doing Cardio Fusion tomorrow. Our Play Off party got cancelled - thank heavens! So we'll go somewhere to watch the games. I got my nails done and did my grocery shopping for the week. Now I'm relaxing before I cook.

Enjoy everyone!

Robin - damn, we were waiting to vicariously enjoy your New York wine weekend!! I hope your husband feels ok...

Christine - I did BM2 today, also. Fun! It's cold and rainy here, so husband and I sat in front of the outdoor fireplace (on the porch of my little gym!) and split a bottle of Caceres Crianza with my Boxer in my lap. Sort of.x(

Turkey mole on quinoa and salad for dinner. Time for bed!}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.