Livin for chinnin!!!

fit_fairy

Cathlete
Hey ladies. I did BM2 cardio premix yesterday. Today was S&H legs along with chins (I skipped the shoulders) Did 20 total chins. I just am not motivated right now to increase my numbers. Don't know why,...... I will just remain content to at least maintain. I need to do more core work x( Just can not make myself do it for the life of me!! Maybe if I can keep doing yoga once a week that'll help. It just feels like so much to fit in. I probably should just follow a rotation and be done with it. That would help LOL!!

Briee, I hope you are doing better!!!

Joanne, what's the word on your tricep??

Soooooooooooosan, how nice to have a workout partner. Do you find that you work harder when working out with someone?

Sandra, how's the chinnin??

Deb, haven't heard much from ya lately. How's it going?

Have a restful Sunday!! Now that I am done with my w/o I will LOL!!

Catherine

http://www.picturetrail.com/photos/fit_fairy

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Hey Cath, happy Monday to you, too! Sometimes I am in and out...busy with my little guy :)

Great work on the chins! That is about the number I hit, too. After that I seem to fatigue too much where I am just sorta dangling. lol.

I have just started a 2 part daily split, heavy as possible. Yesterday was chest & biceps. I did 90 lbs on the chest press w/ DH spotting me! I managed 3 sets of 6 reps on that. Pretty happy.

Today is shoulders, back, core, spin. Tomorrow I will do tris & legs & elliptical.

Have a great start to the week everyone!

Debbie

Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.
--Family Guy

I checked in this morning, but when I came back just now to see who's around, I saw that my post never made it.

Anyway, good morning to all! I was saying earlier that I wish I had ANY chins to maintain!x( You guys are incredibly strong! I skipped my power yoga workout Saturday to prepare for a dinner party, but did Low Max 1-4 followed by KM Leg Drills and 20 min of yoga yesterday. Today I'll be doing UB at the Y. So far I can bench press 50 lbs, usually for 3 sets of around 8 reps. I'd love to be able to do 90, Deb!

Hope you and your family are surviving, Briee! I agree with your comment on how we should be proud of ourselves for maintaining fit lifestyles for all these years. (And we'll be 80 before we know it - yikes!:))

Hey Sooooosan! Good to see you :) We are all strong in our own ways, girlie ;) 50 is nothing to sneeze at. Hachoo! I have trouble making myself work legs like you don't want to know. Maybe we ought to trade problems for a while!

I am recently getting in to more yoga. My sports circuit instructor has taught us a lot. It is amazing. I don't think I would eliminate anything else but it is a great addition every once in a while for me.

Debbie

--Family Guy

>"Livin for chinnin!!!" No...I'm DYING to chin. (cute title Catherine!) The doctor laughed at me today when I asked him how long this is going to last because this is "killing me - haven't worked out in an eternity". He knows me!!

Last night at church I spoke with our resident doctor who assured me that there are NO confirmed cases of Influenza A strain in the whole Lacrosse area (the one that is covered in the vaccine) and that we all just had a little virus, which got me wondering. So I took my son and we were checked today at the clinic (I am feeling a bit better by the way) and they did a nose culture and got their first confirmed Influenza A virus cases in our area. (should I feel proud?). Anyway..he can be treated with Tamiflu and dh as well as he is the only who hasn't had it yet. I'm past the point where it would help to use this.

I need to chin!! I need to chin!! I need to chin!! Catherine you are doing great. Debbie...holy cow 90lbs. That sounds heavenly!! Keep it up guys!!!

Briee

Briee, I knew where this story was going when you said no confirmed cases of influenza A in your community. I thought well yeah, now there is-it's murphy's law!!! I hope you are better soon!! Do rest though it's important. Too many serious complications- So BEHAVE!!

Deb, somehow I missed that 90 pound chest press woooohooooo!!!!

BTW (Briee) I did abdominal work today from BM2. Those bleeping hip raises hurt!!!

ETA: oh man I am jealous!! Did you all see the cheetahs are making a t-shirt!! We need one too. How do we do that?

Catherine

http://www.picturetrail.com/photos/fit_fairy

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

>ETA: oh man I am jealous!! Did you all see the cheetahs are making a t-shirt!! We need one too. How do we do that?

Catherine...jealousy is NOT a nice character trait. NOW lets get our act together and order T's for the chinners quick!!! What do you want on it??? The building that I have classes in is above an "embroidery shop" ie Tshirt making place. They silk screen T's. Come up with a design and I'll have them make it on whatever T's you would like. AND hurry up....we don't want to be outdone by the cheetahs (ha ha)

I did a big stretch this morning and some pushups and sets of chins. Was able to do a set of 6, 8, 5, 6 and I will do a few more throughout the day. I was really surprised that I could do any. My muscles were quivering at the end and for what it's worth, I think they were easier because I lost weight from the flu!! No other workout other than sledding - it FINALLY SNOWED HERE. I'm feeling better, but I think I'd die doing cardio right now!

Briee

I'm only volunteering to have the Tshirt made because I'm scared you guys will stick a little yoga guy on it - doing chins of course - and I might throw up. I'm tired of throwing up.

Briee (truth be told...I could really use yoga X right about now - at least the feeling I get afterwards;) ;) )

Debbie's got a "sports circuit instructor"....more jealousy goin on here. Your workout schedule sounds like so much fun miss Deb.

Briee

LOL Briee! Thanks :) It took a while to find instructors I really love. I have a couple spin instructors and then my sports instructor. Everything else I do myself. I haven't done a lot of Cathe lately do my son's nap schedule, but they are there waiting for me when his napping shifts yet again ;) Today I finished my heavy 2 part split, legs and tris. Also did the elliptical after for 40 min. Feels good :) No chins yet this week.

Debbie

--Family Guy

Thanks so much Catherine...I'm feeling a LOT better.

I did KPC with my class tonight and due to peer pressure, I'm sure, I made it through pretty well.

Doesn't it feel incredible to go through a great workout. I don't think the rest of the world realizes this - it's intoxicating.

My friend that bought the P90X has been doing it this week and doesn't like it, somehow I don't think I'll get to follow through with her. But I plan on doing something similar. Soosan...I still need to come up with a "heavy" plan for you. I don't feel qualified though. Still thinking:) .

Have a great Wednesday guys!! How about those Tshirt ideas?

Briee

Lots of activity in chin-up land - yay!:) And I'm loving all the yoga talk.

Deb, it's always great to hear from you! You're so encouraging and SO strong! You sound like you've got an awesome routine going.

Catherine, I love Magically Hips. I think the whole DVD is just great and I love the hippie vibe.

Briee, you never cease to amaze me! I really mean it! How can you be doing all those chins and then KPC, of all cardio workouts, the second you feel better after having the flu? (The first case in your area too - now that's impressive!)

I did B&G for the fifth time yesterday and I swear my butt is higher and rounder! She really nailed it with that workout! My UB workouts at the Y are going well and I bench pressed 60 lbs on Monday. I feel like I'm able to increase weight loads doing these workouts more than when I do Cathe. Not sure why that is, because I feel like I go to failure with both types of workouts.

So, my routine these days is something like:

DAY 1: UB at the Y
DAY 2: B & G plus 20 min yoga
DAY 3: 6 intervals of an Imax plus 30-40 min yoga
DAY 4: PUB Down plus an intense kickboxing premix or Drill Max
DAY 5: Power Yoga
DAY 6: 4 intervals of Low Max plus KM Leg Drills plus 20 min yoga

I'll go back to heavier lower body work when my legs and butt stop responding to this routine.

Morning chinntastic chinners! Sooosan, your routine looks great. I think my next rotation will be more endurance/circuit style. I need to change things up again. Today is sports circuit at the gym. I LOVE this class..like I haven't mentioned that before ;)

Happity humpity day ladies!

Debbie

--Family Guy

Hey Chinsters-

I've been in sunny, cold California-got back yesterday.

Catherine-my tricep is doing better. I'm going to give the chins a try later today. Thanks for asking.

I didn't get a chance to read everyone's post but hope you are all doing well.

Joanne

Welcome back Joanne, bet CA was beautiful! Did you return to snow?

Catherine...I can't thank you enough for pointing out the relationship between drinking water and avoiding muscle soreness. Yes I was sore today, mostly abs, but only a little tightness in my back. I drank water like crazy all day to avoid the DOMS. You are brilliant - there really is something to that.

I did B&G because Soosan keeps raving about it. I think I gave my opinion on it a while back, but Soosan is rarely wrong. Soooooo...I'll let you know when my butt starts looking up again. I have been severely butt negligent. The workout was really tough - I must need it. (And it's fun). I'm counting on your advise here Soosan!!!!! I also did BM2 combo's 1&2 - just because they are fun! And a set of 7 and 4 chins - just for fun!!:7

Briee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.