lets go .....tuesday

deanie

Cathlete
good morning gals :)

today was b&g premix #4! harder than I thought. I felt it right away, and the ab work (weighted) was great. I think I will try to incorporate the ab work more often. I think it is great and underrated! I asked Debbie (fitness freak) about the lack of cardio, and she hasn't answered yet. She may be on vacation, or not seen it. I'll give it another day or two. I still want a second opinion on the less cardio, so I may ask Cathe.....

Gin~ Did you do RS today? I will be doing HIIT tomorrow- I am really enjoying that! My legs feel really tight today, I have enjoyed this rotation more than I thought I would, but I was happy today was the last day of b&g for a while;-)

Marcy~ I hope you had a wonderful weekend in your new home. Any news on the job front?

Meals:
preworkout: 1 hard boiled egg white
b: protein pancakes and an orange
s: 1/2 protein bar
not sure about the rest of the day yet....

have a great day
later-
Deanie

Good Morning!

Today was RS. Such a fun workout and I had not done it in ages. I did get a little tripped up on the 3rd combo and challenge!x(
I am wondering if nutrasweet/aspartame is causing my headaches?!?! It is in so many products! WW yogurt, BSN protein powder, sf pudding, etc.
Have you guys watched the show, Jon and Kate + 8? About the family with 1 set of 7 year old twins and 3 year old septuplets(6). they had a marathon of back to back episodes yesterday and I was fasinated. Okay...I need to get a life!!

Meals:
B-Wheatena, soy milk, walnuts, orange
S-1/2 c. cot. ch, strawberries, almonds
L--Amy's organic bean burrito, veggies
S-1/2 banana, 1 T. PB, 1/2 ww Eng. muffin
D-1 slice homemade veggie pizza, salad

Deanie--Did you say you have noticed a differince in your legs with this rotation? Liann from the PYGFO thread wanted to know whether I would recommend it and I almost NEVER see any changes, so I am not a good judge.:-(
Is your last day of school next week? Are your boys out the same time?

Hi Marcy!

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Morning Girls!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday but we got busy yesterday morning doing some gardening. We planted some flowers and trimmed the bushes. Then we did some shopping.

I'm going to consider walking or running. Everyone walks or runs around my subdivision. I feel a lot safer walking/running here than in my old neighborhood.

I managed to workout last night. I did one section of Stomp It Step Showdown 2 with Marc Oliver Kluike - it's part of his Dance Step 3. It was about 12 minutes. Then I did Angles, Lines & Curves 2 which was great.

This morning I did Supersets. This was the first time I got through the concentration curl segment including all the bonuses. :p I used 10#. Here's the rest of my workout:

Instead of barbell squats - I did alternating side lifts and I did squats without weights.
Deadlifts - 18# dbbls
Bench Press - 15#
Side/Front Raise on ball - 5#
Wood chops on ball - 8#
Plie Squats - 15#
Pullovers on ball - 18# (could've gone higher)
Incline flies on ball - 15#
Side Lying External Rotations on ball - 5#
1 legged squasts - 10#
Seated overhead press - 15#; had to drop to 13# for last few reps
Preacher Curls - 12#
Lying Extensions on ball - 12#
Bike Maneuver - long!
Rear delt flies - 5#

I love both of your quotes. They're so true. You both get me jealous you eat so well.

Yesterday's diet:

Breakfast - Egg whites and whole wheat toast
Lunch - Crabmeat sandwich and strawberries
Then my DH had to try out Sonny's Real Pit BBQ and I had to have ribs, baked potato (didn't eat whole thing), 1 ear or corn and (gulp!), garlic toast (best I've ever had). Had a little bit of sherbet. I think when I get back to work I'll get back to 5 meals but for right now our schedule's a little crazy.

Today:

Breakfast - 1/2 grapefruit and I'm about to have some eggs. I plan on making a bunch of hardboiled eggs today so I can have them for an extra meal.
Lunch -
Dinner - Probably leftover scallop chowder.

Deanie - No news yet on the job frontx( My printer's not working yet but I'll try out your rotation starting next week but I would like to see what Cathe has cooked up. I'll have to take out B&G again. Haven't done that one in a while.

Gin - When I was doing P90X, I tried to eat between 1600-1800 calories. I think 2400 in NROL4W sounds high. I've seen Jon & Kate plus 8 - I say better them than me! I'll have to do RS again soon but I'm still trying to get through some more virgin workouts.

Have a great day!

Marcy

Good Afternoon

Debbie answered my post. Yeah!!:) She gave it the thumbs up, so its a go next week!! I am really looking forward to it.

Gin~ RS is fun:) sometimes its nice just to do steady state, no intervals. never saw Jon and Kate, and wouldn't want to be them- I have my hands full with 2 kids!! I have noticed a diff. in my legs. They are definately tighter and firmer and my endurance has increased. I don't know if the fact that we added more kickbox has anything to do with it or not. Also, today I noticed my legs are defined nicely.

Marcy~ B&G once a week really does make a difference.}( Glad you are having fun with your "virgin" workouts:) Hopefully some good job news will be on the horizon!

I know 2400 sounds high, but I think its more on track than anything below 2000. I think its more realistic. Also for WW if you eat about 22-24 points I think thats about 2400. I also think its what you eat is more important than the calories: protein 40%, carbs 30% and I can't remember the last one, but its 30%-fats??? that doesn't sound right:) So I think if you are eating those percentages, its going to raise your calorie intake. they have to be more calories than veggies. Personally counting calories is to hard for me. I would just try to eat smaller portions. Although Gin, your portions look good. Actually, you look good, why are you cutting your calories??:)

Deanie

Good Afternoon!

Deanie - I'll start with you next week. I like that you included chins/pulls in the rotation. I answered a job post and someone got back to me right away so I'm interviewing with another recruiter on Thursday morning.

When I was counting calories, I found if I got down to 20% fat, that's when things really made a difference.

I think I'll try Butts & Guts on Wednesday and maybe Amy Bento's Slo Mo Upper Body on Friday or Tracey's Upper Body from her Parts Series.

Maybe I need to do more kickbox tomorrow. I might try Amy's In the Ring again. The first time wasn't so good.

Once you start counting calories, you eat a lot of the same things and it's not quite so tedious as when you first start. All I know is whenever I journal my eating, things improve.

Marcy

Me too! When I write things down, I do MUCH better with keeping on track. That's why I like posting meals with you guys. Keeps me on the straight and narrow;-)

What do you think of the cardio at 20-30 min. I am really nervous about that.:+ Alot of what I've been reading has very little cardio or even one thing I read said NO cardio with heavy lifting-- I can't go that far though!!LOL Glad you are with us next month:)

Good luck on thursday
Deanie

Good Afternoon Ladies!

We are having a thunderstorm here and the power was out for 2 1/2 hours. Glad it wasn't any longer than that!!

Marcy--Good luck with the interview Thursday! Let us know.:)
Have you met any neighbors that you could walk/run with?
I saw your name mentioned on OD the ATL GTG Cathe group. That will be fun. There were several on the RT last year... all nice ladies!

Deanie--Glad you have noticed a difference in your legs. I never see any difference with any rotation. But I'm sure I would if I quit exercising!! I have been doing KB twice a week this month. I have that 5-7 lbs. I would like to lose. How long have I been saying that??:eek: I just don't lose very easily!:-(
You think YOU are nervous about doing 20-30 min. of cardio 3x a week??? What about me?? Actually, I will probably still run 3x a week plus other cardio, at least until the fall. When I start this new job and have to be there at 7:45 or 8, I will need to re-think the amt of exercise time I am doing!

Gin:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.