Let's Go ++++Thursday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Today is HIIT on the treadmill instead of Imax 2. I needed to sleep in! I changed the workout schedule for me-- today- HIIT, fri- C&W, and Sat. - GS legs. This way I do GS legs when I have more time, and I'm off on Sunday.

I got some bad news about next year at the school. The teacher I work with said there are 4 spots the director needs to let go. The other 4s asst. (my friend who I recommended for the job) called last night and said since she was the last hired, the director said she would be one to lose her job. I'm thinking I would also be let go then, I was second to last hired last year. The year before I subbed, 8 teachers left. Last year, 4 teachers left. I am wondering if anyone is leaving this year, but I don't think enough to save my job, if any. I do have a friend who works for a non profit org. who had told me about 3 weeks ago if I need a job I can work at her place, but its not teaching. She works at home, which would work for me, so I will be calling her this afternoon after my meeting with the director. But she also works during the summer, and occasionally goes into the office. But I guess its good I have a backup plan..... I am really sad, teaching was the best solution for me with my kids being 11 and 8. I could look into the public schools, but their funding was cut, and I also don't like our principal in the elementary school my DS8 goes to. Okay, moving on......

Gin~ I don't have DOMs today either from B&G! I am surprised!! What did you do today? rest? I will keep you posted on my meeting at 2pm.

Hi Marcy~ I hope all is going well with you!

Have a great day
BBL
Deanie

Good Morning!

Today was supposed to be a yoga day, but since my back has been bothering me and yoga seems to make it worse, I did SM with the band.:) I have got to see a dr about my back. It is starting to hurt when I'm just sitting!:-(
My ds (21 on Mother's Day) will be home tonight after his finals and then tomorrow leaves for a week in Spain. It will be good to see him, even though a short time.

Deanie--I hope it is not you that will not have the pre-school job next year. I know how you enjoy it. I'll be thinking of you at 2pm. Do you like to sub there or in the elem. school? Teaching is great when you have kids because of the holidays and hours.

Hi Marcy!

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Afternoon

Here is an update: I had the conference with my director. She did not let me go:) but.... she said she is looking hard for a spot for me. It may not be in the 4s. She asked if I were interested in the 2 day 2's, but I'm not, unless it is the only option. So she said she will continue with talking with the staff, and once she sees who is staying and where I would/could be, she will let me know. So now I have to cross my fingers there is a spot! So thinking about it, I still don't know for sure I have a job!! LOL! But I do know the director wants to keep me. I guess thats good news.....

Gin~ Sorry about your back. You definately need to see someone. I have never subbed in the elementary school, but I could if I need to. I actually went to college for elementary ed. but changed my major my junior year. Enjoy your visit with your DS!!!

Deanie

Hi Again!

Deanie--It sounds as if the director would really like to keep you on staff.:) I have never taught 2's before, but the teachers that do, really love it. Easier lesson plans, but diapers to change and patience needed. Or maybe the patient part is with all ages.;-) Hope it works out for you!!

Okay...off to the store to buy the ingredients for a Snickerdoodle cake for ds's b-day. His favorite cake!:9

Gin:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.