Lets Go+++Kick the door down Thursday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Gals

Today was 4DS KB/BC. Love it! After the kickbox, I wasn't sure about getting through BC, but it flew by and the drills were so fun, it was over before I knew it. Gin, how you ran first and then did this workout, I don't know- You go girl}(

Science Fair was great. DS was very excited about his experiment (mentos and diet coke) and had fun showing his friends. He also had fun looking at the other kids projects. DS11 won his baseball game. They are UNDEFEATED!!! The playoffs start next week}(

My take on the book NROL4W: endurance traiining is not what women need. they need to lift HEAVY. hour/s of aerobics is not needed. Steady state cardio is not effective. 2 sessions of HIIT is all you need a week. Isolated excersises like kickbacks are for the birds, compound excersises that work the way the body moves are better. plyo and body weight excersises are important. I couldn't figure out his program, but I'm sure if you do Cathe your already 1/2 way there. I think STS will be close to his philosiphy (sp?) I think if you get the book from the library its a worthwhile read, but I won't be doing his program. The nutrition is interesting, but we all knew more protein; and carbs are good for you, just not white carbs. Eat more protein on days you lift, but according to him, you get that with the protein drink you have after your workout, so your good.

Meals:
preworkout: dates
bfast: 4 pancakes/orange (love the pancakes!)
snack: mojo cliff bar
lunch: veggies and cott. cheese doubles and challah roll
snack: WW shake choc. and cherries added YUM!
dinner: salmon and spinach salad

Gin~ What circuit did you do today? Any info on the Terminator? I'm sorry the director gave no response to your leaving announcement. I'm glad you were so welcomed at the new school :) i was a vegitarian for years before I had my first son. Durning the preg. I craved meat and started eating it again. reciently (about 10 months ago) I got grossed out about the meat/poultry, so I went back to vegetarian. I do eat fish, eggs and cheese.

Marcy~ Thanks for the recipe. Sounds easy enough. How was your workout today? Any news about DHs interview? was he called back for another? I hope you hear good news.

Okay, I think I'm done now! LOL

Have a great day
Deanie:*

Okay, menu change
Lunch: red lentil and veg. soup and challah

I made the soup the other day and I don't like to freeze beans, and I hate throwing away food, so I am eating it for lunch today. Good thing I like it.;-) :+

Deanie

Good Morning Girls!

Haven't worked out yet, but plan to meet Laura for a kickbox class and then come home to do the upper body and abs portion of BMax1. My knees have been a little sore (I say as I am about to do a kickbox class!:eek: ) Either too much lower body or too much cardio?!?!
My brother called last night and will be coming in tonight for the weekend. My workout room is the guest room.

Deanie--Tell us more about the science fair project with the diet coke and mentos. I'm curious! Yeah to the undefeated b-ball team!! WOO HOO!!:7
Thanks for the review of the NROL4W book. It sounds like a lot that you already know and are doing, right? I guess I should quit running :eek: and isolated exercises are for the birds?? Never heard that!
I figured out the problem with the Terminator purchase and have paid, then the seller contacted me and said she can't locate the dvd now?!?
I could easily be a veg. also!
B--2 pancakes (1 w/nat'l pb)
WW yogurt, 1 c. strawberries

Marcy--What did DH say about the job interview? When did you say furniture would arrive?

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Okay girls...I just had to check back in and let you know that I completed my workouts. I met Laura (from the RT) at the 24 hour fitness for the Kickbox class. It was a lot of fun!! And great to see Laura!:) Then I came home to do BMax1 upper body portion. On a few of the exercises I had to go down in weights from what Cathe uses....military press (used 12#), hammer curls (used 12#) and headbangers (20#).

Deanie--I don't have CTX for next week, so I think I will sub with Janis Saffell's Strike Zone and PP. How does that sound?

Hi Marcy!

Gin:)

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Today I did a premix from Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Cardio Knockout. Warmup, Combo 3, Knockout 3, Combo 4, Knockout 4, Cooldown, Weighted Core Work and Stretch. I'm still not in great shape cardiowise. I was okay for the warmup and Combo 3 and Knockout 3 but my breathing fell apart for Combo/Knockout 4. The weighted core work was good. I used 5#. There were two standing ab exercises involving balance. On the floor, she did a modified turkish getup with a side plank. Total premix was 56 minutes. I really liked the workout. Choreography not too difficult to pick up. Good music. My HR monitor went dead and I have to get a new battery so I have no clue how many calories I'm burning. I got up last night again at 1:30 and went back to bed around 3. My meals are still screwed up.

Breakfast - Crabmeat, spinach, tomato, onion on WW toast with mayo and lemon juice; Light 'N Healthy Orange Juice
Haven't even had lunch yet. Been busy jobhunting on the internet.

DH probably won't find out about the job for another week since the guy he met with is going on vacation. I sent out a couple of more resumes today.

Deanie - Thanks for the review on NROLFW. I'm a little confused about one thing - if isolated exercises aren't good and you have to do compound exercises - you can't use as heavy a weight with compound moves. Whatever he said in the book makes sense except for that. I do agree heavy lifting is the way to go. I don't know if I totally agree that steady state isn't good. I find I do better sometimes with low impact cardio. It's amazing how much weight people lose on DWTS with all the dancing but I guess it's also because they do so many hours of rehearsal a day.

Furniture arrives tomorrow. YAY! Congrats to your DS on his undefeated record!

Gin - The comment your supervisor said wasn't so nice. Hopefully you'll be appreciated much more in your new position. Glad you enjoyed the kickbox class.

Marcy

Good Afternoon

Gin~ how nice to meet a fellow Cathieite! I'm glad you enjoyed your kickbox workout. I think your sub for CTS is fine make sure you just do PP upper body, not the whole dvd. I am going to do CTX kickbox and LIC upper body. Enjoy your visit with your brother. I am going to do the Gauntlet tomorrow, but I am dropping the weight for legs. I think cathe uses a 40#bb, I will use a 30# bb. We have been working legs almost everyday, I think(?) that if you do that your are supposed to use lighter weights.

Marcy~ YEAH! new furniture! I hope you like the way it looks in your home. what he said about isolated excersise was: kickbacks for triceps are not as good as doing maybe...pushups that work your chest, shoulders and triceps all at once. he said being in your "zone" for 45 min/ish, isn't as effective as HIIT. the calories burnt after HIIT outweigh the calorie burn from steady state. Not that you shouldn't ever do it, its just not as effective. Both are good for your heart.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.