Let's Go ~*~*~*Memorial Day Weekend Update~*~*~5/24-25

TXGin

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls!

Today I was planning on doing The Method 20/20 Pilates, but my brother is still asleep in my "workout room" and DH is still asleep where the other dvd player is, so looks like it is not happening this morning!!:(
I am meeting Laura, Jean and Heather from RT 07 for lunch and the zoo today. Looking forward to it.

Deanie--Enjoy your in-laws visit today. Yeah to the director telling you about your job situation. You seem to really like it there and I'm sure they really like you too.

Marcy--Glad you got your furniture, but sorry the headboard was chipped.:-( I don't remember being hungrier than usual when training for a marathon, but probably did eat more. I probably thought I could, so did. I do remember my running friends and I would stash bags of bottled water, Gatorade, GU, and powerbars along our running trail during a long training run.

Have a great day!
Gin:)

ETA: Deanie--My hamstrings are sore today from PLB. I feel nothing the next day after the grueling B&G workout and then this? Go figure!:p

Good Afternoon

Today is a rest day for me, and I am resting! I did just get back from buying a 20# weighted vest though!!!!:) :) I wasn't sure what weight to get, and I thought I could start with 10# and increase this way. The heaviest bb I can get over my head safely is 60#, so this will be good. I may even use it tomorrow for PLB and just not have such a heavy bb:)

Gin~ ENJOY your day with the girls!!! What fun:)

Marcy~ Hope you are having a good Memorial Day weekend.

Deanie

RE: Let's Go ~*~*~*Memorial Day Weekend Update~*~*~5/24...

Good Morning

Today was PLB, 4DS KB abs, and 30 min. steady state on the treadmill.
A great workout. I wore my weighted vest today and I think I had better form than with the bb on my back. I used the same weights as Cathe, upped the squat/plies and deadlifts though. I took the vest off for deadlifts and floor work. I was going to run with 10# on the vest, but couldn't figure out how to take the weights out, maybe next time:)

Gin~ I hope you had a blast with the girls yesterday

Marcy~ Hope you haveing fun

Have a great day
Deanie

Good Morning!

Today I did PP upper body only (only 23 min.) and then Janis Saffell's Strike Zone Kickbox. It was probably an inter/adv 60 min. workout. She uses 1-2# gloves (which I don't have) during the cardio section. After the cardio portion, she does drills using a paddle and a partner, but if you don't have either you just do each drill twice. It was a nice workout for a day that you don't want to work too hard.
Yesterday was fun getting together with the TX girls. We met for brunch and then shopping and the zoo. I'll e-mail a pic of us.

Deanie--You had a long workout today!! Sounds like you like the weighted vest. How much total weight did you add for the squats and lunges? My back needs to heal completely before I try a weighted vest. I assume you are not feeling back pain anymore.

Hi Marcy! Hope you are having a nice weekend.

Gin:)

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Here's my weekend update:

Friday - 4DS Kickbox
Saturday - 2 chinups and one pullup - getting stronger!
Went to breakfast - had a Greek Omelet - Tomato, Onion and Feta Cheese with Egg whites
Went to Marietta Square - Farmer's market, antique shopping - only wound up with some lace doilies for bedroom furniture.
Lunch - Caesar salad and slice of pizza, lemonade
Dinner - Spinach Salad with cukes, tomato, onion and balsamic vinaigrette dressing, Vegetable pasta soup
Mowed the lawn - we have 1/3 to 1/2 acre - I did the front; DH did the back

Did Tracey Staehle's Core Blast - only planned on doing the ball workout but would up doing 7 of them (there are 9 in all)
3 standing ab workouts
1 on the ball
1 on the bosu
1 on the bench - one of the tougher ones
3 floor Core - 1 with crunches and other stuff, 1 with planks (tougher ones - got tired from the others so didn't do most of this one) and one with pilates.
Workouts are about 5 minutes each with a short stretch at the end.

Also did Push Pull (I forgot how much I liked this one).
Don't have a barbell yet so used dbbls.
Deadlifts - 15#
Static lunge with heel lifted - 10#
Bench press on floor - 18# (didn't do last 2 reps - wrists started to hurt)
1 arm rows - 20#
Front Raises on ball - 10#
Rear delts on ball - 5#
Hammer and traditional curls (shin on ball) - 10#
2 arm kickbacks - 8#
Stretches were really good on this one.

Today - No workout yet - went to the nursery to get some flowers and did some food shopping
Breakfast - Egg whites and toast and 1/2 grapefruit
Snack - Fiber One Bar
Lunch - 1 1/2 turkey burgers with tomato and onion; a few potato chips and dip (not many, I was counting carefully); berry sherbet
Dinner - Scallop chowder

Might do ALC2 tonight and maybe a short dance or step workout.

Deanie - I can't wait to hear how the weighted vest works for you.

Gin - Glad you had a nice time yesterday with the TX girls. I'm on the Atlanta Cathe yahoo group now so I hope there's a get together soon. I also signed up for a dance workshop on June 14th with a choreographer I've taken classes with before. He's from Kentucky but he travels all over.

Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.