Let's Go--->Shake it up Wednesday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Gals

Today was 4DS shoulders/bi/tri. My arms are shakin'!!! What a really good workout!

Stats:
shoulders:
round 1 overhead press: same as Cathe: 8,10,12,15
round 2 seated isolation press & upright row: 16.25#
round 3: db lat raise straight arm 2 sets and bent arm 1 set: 12#
round 4: seated front rear raise:10#, rear flys: 8# (repeated same weights)
bi/tri
round 1 tri: overhead exension: 16.25#,21.25#,26.25#,31.25#
bi: followed Cathe: 10,12, then upped to 17.5#, 20#
round 2: tri: lying extension bb: 35# db 10#
bi: crazy 8's: 35#, reverse curls 13.25#
round 3: tri: dips/pushups
bi: incline hammer curls: 13.25# same for both excercises
round 4; tri: green band
bi: hanging conc. curls: 22.5# but only did 10 reps then lost form.
wrist curls: 10#

Gin~ Are you sore today from yesterdays workout???

Marcy~ Wow that kickbox class with the bag sounds fun!! Will you do that again?

***My older DS lost his game last night- thier first loss:(!! Very sad! and soo close, by one run! they are still in it though, its a double elimination playoff

Have a great day!
Deanie

meals:
pre; 2 hard boiled egg whites
b: steel cut oats/orange
s: 1/2 protein bar
l: out to lunch with teachers/celebration
s: ww shake
d: salmon and green beans

Good Morning Girls!

Today was a run and then KB abs, KB stretch and Stretch Max 1.

Deanie--Great workout!:) No, not sore today. Sorry about ds's b-ball loss. I am about to start my nephew's Christmas ornament...a baseball playing Santa. I'll make a tennis playing Santa for my other nephew.
Enjoy your teacher celebration lunch!:9 Is your last day this week?
The chiro said my scoliosis is moderate (20%) so no need for surgery. I go back tomorrow and she will show me some exercises, recommend a heel lift and orthotics.

Marcy--Yesterday was workout galore for you! Kickbox, Body Flow and Body Jam? You are sampling one of everything they offer, huh?:) I am so excited to finally have the Terminator and am itching to do IMAX Xtreme!! But, wouldn't you know it.....we just started the "less cardio is better" rotation and I'll have to wait until July!:-(

Meals--B--1 c plain nonfat yogurt, 1/2 banana, 2 pancakes, 1 T. PB
S--3 hb egg whites, orange
L-1/2 chicken breast, veggies
S--1/2 ww English muffin, 2 lf cheese sticks
D--???Out for BIL's b-day

I realize that I eat more for B than any other meal! I guess that is good.

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Morning Girls!

Well, it's actually Thursday morning. I told you I've been having to post later and later but I figured I'd post my Wednesday workout here:

Body Combat - Kickbox (no bag) but still a great workout. Great music. Seemed to be at a faster pace than KPC, KM and CK. Had some muy tai (sp?) mixed in. Did some different blocks than usual. (In fact, all of the classes seem to be at a fast pace (with the exception of Body Flow).

I wish I had my heart rate monitor to compare but the battery finally died out and I need to replace it.

I've been finding that the music is so much better at the gym. I guess because it's hard for DVD instructors to get licenses to use music. I find the music very motivating and like being in a class. I guess I tend to push harder. My endurance is really improving. I get a little out of breath but am able to recover quickly.

I finally got the prices for the kickbox with bag. Of course, they want you to sign a contract for 12, 24 or 36 months at $49, 59 or 69 a month plus $99 enrollment fee. All they do is the kickboxing (which was great) and it's unlimited amount of classes, but you know I have exercise ADD and how many times can you do kickboxing in one week? I'm sure it would get me into great shape but I'm not ready to lay out that kind of money. I would have loved to have gone once a week and just pay for a class but they don't do it that way.

On the other hand, the gym membership at the other gym is $450 per year (including enrollment). I might go there only because they have spinning (which I can't do at home) and all the other classes. I really like all the instructors so far and it's only a few miles away. There's also an LA Fitness which is opening up less than a mile away (I could walk to it) but they're still building it. I have to check out prices.

I'll still be doing DVDs but I do like being in a group atmosphere.

Today (Thursday) is Body Pump (looked like endurance) and Body Step. I'm really curious what the step will be like.

Wednesday - Did a lot of yard work with DH. Got a lead about a possible job. Agency is sending in my resume. Only thing is it's for a "difficult" attorney who likes things done "his way". But I've worked for difficult people before so we'll see.

Deanie - Great workout! Sounds like this rotation will be good for you. Sorry about DS's loss. I hope he does better in the next round.

Gin - Good news that the scoliosis is only 20% and you don't need surgery. I seem to eat more at breakfast too. Where did you buy your baseball playing Santa ornament? I got an e-mail from Tracey that she started to ship out Strike Zone on Wed. so I should receive it in a few days.

I've been up for the past four hours so I have to go back and get some sleep so I can get up for my classes.

Will try and get on earlier tomorrow to chat.

Have a great day!

Marcy

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I thought I would post here on Wed instead of starting a new day since it is late in the day and Marcy posted here today also.
I did 4ds lower body, Stretch Max with band and added 30 pushups. I KNOW you all remember when I couldn't do even one!! SO ...yeah!:7 It does seem strange to not be working out as long, esp. since I have more time in the summer.

Marcy--Glad you have been enjoying all of the classes at the gym. I hope you still would plan to post here becuase we would miss you if not! :( Personlly I would get tired of KB more than 1-2 times a week. I like to mix up the types of cardio. $450. a year sounds like a good deal if you use it regularly, which I'm sure you would.
I bought the baseball Santa ornament at a local needlepoint shop. www.thefrenchknot.com. I think they had to order it for me. Let me know if you are interested and I'll give you more info.
Thanks for the heads up on the Strike Zone shipping. Can't wait!

Deanie--Did your power go out? I think I read that on another thread. Sorry! That it no fun. Hope you have it repaired soon. Were you able to do HIIT and abs today?

Meals:
B- (BIG;-) ) oatmeal, soy milk, walnuts, flax seed, wheat germ, strawberries
S- 3 hb egg whites, orange
L- 1/2 of leftover salad with grilled chicken, cottage cheese, peach
S- veggies,1/2 English muffin with 1 T. PB
D- another salad with chicken

Have a great day!

Hi guys!!

Gin~WTG girl with the pushups}( }(

Yes, my power went out at 3pm yesterday and didn't come back on till about 12:30ish. Whew, it was a tense few hours. We lost a lot of frozen food but the refridgerated stuff is okay. My DH went out and got huge bags of ice and we had put all the stuff from the fridge in these tubs we have and coolers. We also have a freezer chest that the stuff in there was fine. Unfortuneately, we have a fridge in the kitchen and one in the basement and all the freezer stuff from those pplaces was lost. Schools were cancelled today for the kids and my DH said in Montgomery county (where we live) and PG county there were over 230,000 homes without power. So we are very lucky and thankful to have power now!!! Celebration day for my school was on and we went to work!!

***work update*** I will be with my friend next year in the 5 day 4s classroom:7 :7 :7 She will be the teacher and I am the asst. We are already friends and our boys are the same age and friends. So I am really happy. I hope she is too!, I know she really wanted to work with here asst. from this year. (not that she didn't want to work with me- hope that makes sense) The head teacher I worked with this year (in a surprise move) is retireing!! This was BIG news at the school!! She has been here for about 16 years!!=0

Anywhoo :D , I am going to try and get on the treadmill for HIIT and then B&G stability ball abs and stretch around 3 today.

Gin~ I am enjoying the less cardio. I actually have less time in the summer because I sleep later and the kids are up, so less works well for me. I'm glad you don't need surgery!!:) Hopefully you can get fixed up soon, you've had back issues for so long.

Marcy~ the gym memebership sounds pretty good. You aren't going to leave us though are you????? we would miss you. Let us know how body pump is, I've heard its a fun class. Good luck with the job.

I think I "talked" your ear off enough now, off to workout before DS's friend comes over.....
TTFN,
Deanie

Oh, meals! I always forget!!
eating not so good today, since power was out, and celebration day....

b: 1c. kashi with almonds/orange
l: 2 mini whole wheat pita/hummus, yogert
s: ww choc. shake and cherries
d: grilled salmon and broccli
s: mahjong tonight so Im sure I'll have something;)

Deanie

Hi Again!

I forgot to add that I went to chiro again today and she was able to adjust what she referred to as C1 (the top of my spine). She was very hopeful that that would CURE my headaches!! I will be so happy if that did it! She thinks I really need to see her twice a week for a while to help my back issue. Need to talk to DH about this!

Deanie--Sorry about your power outage and having to throw out food. We went through that in April.
Congrats on your teaching position for next year!!! That will be great teaching 5 day 4's with a teacher you like!:) :) :) Your director that is retiring started when I did ...16 years ago!
Yeah to the Level 11 HIIT. I do B&G abs tomorrow.
Enjoy Mahjong tonight!

Hi Marcy!

Thanks Gin. I hope the chiro can cure your headaches:)

I will be sleeping in and working out later in the a.m. tomorrow (just to let you girls know, if you all want to start a new thread....:) )

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.