Lets Go * * *August 25-30th

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning gals

Today was ME and day 1 of the 100 push ups challenge. I upped the weights for my final day of ME and had a really good workout.

Cooperstown and NYC was great! The Astros won the game yesterday and my DS8 said it was his BEST DAY EVER!!!:):D:) Everyone had a great time and it was a wonderful way to end the summer.

I hope you guys had a great weekend!!

Gin~ What did you do today. Glad you met your kids and they seemed good. Was today the first day of school??:eek: I hope you had a fantastic first day!!!!! Are you doing the SS/4DS rotation with me next month?

Marcy~ How was your dance marathon??? What dances did you do and was your DH there? Are you going to join us in a rotation next month?

Off to meet DS8s teacher at the open house this morning and do MANY errands!
I will try to BBL,
have a rockin' monday!!:cool:

Good Afternoon!

Had a really big day of workouts today:

LIC Upper Body Sculpt
LIC Abs - haven't done these in awhile but they're good. Lots of oblique work.
Cardio Camp (Kimberly Spreen) kickboxing premix
PLB Stability Ball legs - the outer thigh lifts weren't as bad as they used to be. I'm almost considering using weights for this next time.
2 chinups

I forgot how much bandwork is in LIC. Everytime I think of trading this one (I hate the cardio), I change my mind because I really like the strength work.

Deanie - Where did you go in NYC? Glad you had a great trip. How was your first day back at school? How many days is the 100 pushup challenge? Do you do pushups every day?

Dance marathon was great. Went from 6:00 to 10:30. Just did linedancing. It was more like the kind of dances I went to in NY.

Gin - How was your workout today? Did you hear about the new people on DWTS? I'll cut right to the chase:

Susan Lucci and Tony Dovolani
Toni Braxton and Alex Mazo
Lance Bass and Lacey Schwimmer - (do you remember her? She's the sister of Benji Schwimmer who were both on So You Think You Can Dance)
Cody Linley (from Hannah Montana) and Julianne Hough
Cloris Leachman and Corky Ballas (I assume he's the brother of Mark Ballas) - She's got to be in her 70s right now which probably makes her the oldest competitor
Kim Kardasian and Mark Ballas (last season's winner)
Rocco di Spirito (chef) and Karina Smirnoff
Comedian Jeff Ross and Edyta Slawinska
Ted McGinley and Inna Brayer (Never heard of her)
Brooke Burke and Derek Hough
Warren Sapp (football player) and Kym Johnson
Misty May Traenor (volleyball player) and Maks (I'm so glad he's back)
Maurice Green (track & field) and Cheryl Burke

Should be a great season!

Have a great evening!

Marcy

Deanie - Haven't fully decided on a rotation for next month. I'll let you know. I still want to see Cathe's Sept. rotation.

Saw STS clips. Still seem like the same type of exercises in all her other DVDs. I do like the 1-arm pulldown with the band like she did in 4DS. She seems to be using the band quite a bit in STS too. It was interesting seeing her do the chinups. I don't know if it's easier that way than the way I do them but I can't see getting another piece of equipment to do the same thing.

I'm looking forward to seeing the core and leg workouts.

Marcy

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I told you I wouldn't be able to post most days until late afternoon, so I hope you see this!:(
I ran this morning and am not sure how I am going to fit in more cardio, or at least a variety. Maybe running 2 days and Cathe cardio 1 day.:( I would love to think that I might have the energy to do more cardio in the aft, but not sure that I will.
First day of school went well. They dismiss at noon for the first 2 weeks, but we still stay and work until 4.

Deanie~Glad that you and your family had a great time at Cooperstown and yeah for the Astros win! I did start a weekly thread yesterday in your absence.:)
I am afraid to ask, but what is the 100 pushup challenge?!?!?!:eek:
The STS clip does look great, doesn't it? Can you believe all of those chinups Cathe does??:eek:
4ds rotation sounds good for Sept, but how do I add on SS/PP? I am wanting to use my new Sony 5 disc player, but not sure how to program. Is that what you have?

Marcy~Great workout today!! LIC is one of my favs!;) I guess I like the simple cardio.
Glad you enjoyed the line dance marathon. Whew! Where you just exhausted?
Thanks for the info on the new DWTS line up. Sounds great. Cloris Leachman?? She is at least 70+. Who do you think will do well? When does it start?

Have a great evening ladies!

Good Morning

Its 5:04 and back to school!!!! can't believe the summer is gone!:(

today is HCE #3 minus the leg drills. Once I get thru the first 2 drills (imax 3 sections 4 &5) I should be good:eek:

Gin~ Sorry about the new thread, I looked, but I guess I went to fast!:eek: Glad your first day of school went well!! :D Glad we are doing the rotation next month together! I have the Sony 5 disk player, you will love it. I don't program it though. To do the SS/4DS I will start with SS warm up and chest and back, then disk skip to 4DS chest and back. Hope that makes sense. I do set up the disk the day before and hit the stop button once and then the next day the disk is set to start in the spot I want. It seems Cathe was working hard on tthe chin ups- and wow 12!!!:eek: Don't know that I'll ever get to 12. I was thinking I need to do a chinup challenge, not push up! LOL!

Marcy~ What a day of workouts!!! Are you sore today? You are the woman if you can do PLB with weights on!!;) In nyc we were at shea stadium and a little around queens (where dh and his family are from) just his "haunts"

Here is the 100 push up challenge: http://hundredpushups.com/
if that doesn't work, google 100 pushups and you will find it. It is 3 days a week and you workup to 100 pushups in 6(?) weeks.

Have a great day

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies!

I have just a second to post. I did BC/ME Bonus Premix this morning. Great workout! You start thinking that there is really only 4 BC cardio segments ( so 4 min. total) and that can't be too bad, but think again!:p Sadly, I was so worn out at the end, I had to go to my knees during those final pushups at the end!:(

Deanie~Thanks for the info on setting up the dvd player!
Hope you enjoyed HCE #3 today.
I'll have to take a look at the pushup challenge!:eek:
Have a great back to school day!:D

Marcy~I agree, you are the woman!!:cool: What is your plan today?

Have a great day girlies!

Good Afternoon!

Today was Rhythmic Step. Lots of fun! Haven't done it in a long time. Did pretty good with it for the most part, only a little out of breath towards the end. This is my favorite step of Cathe's. I also did 2 chinups and 1 pullup.

I'm not "the woman" yet; I was only THINKING about doing PLB with weights!

I have an interview this Friday so I might have to switch around the last few days of the rotation. I do feel like I lost some inches. I hope I'm not imagining it but don't want to jinx things by getting out my measuring tape too early!

Gin - It turns out Cloris Leachman is 81! But they say she's in pretty good shape and I think I heard she does yoga or some other exercise pretty regularly. I'd actually like to see Susan Lucci win. I've been watching AMC for many years and it would be fun to see her win. I was exhausted from my marathon and most people were leaving by the time I left anyway so I don't think I missed too much.

Deanie - Where did DH grow up in Queens? I'm going to take a look at the pushup challenge too. It doesn't sound like it will be too hard for you.

Have a great evening!

Marcy

Happy Birthday Gin!!!:):D

Good Morning

Today was PH and day 2 of the push ups challenge. I really am enjoying working my full body on weight days, but my knees are starting to not like it. I dropped my weights for legs and did the same weights as Cathe today, on the warm up my knees were cracking and I was concerned:eek: for MM on friday, I may even do less weight than cathe....

Everyones first day back at school went well and all are happy:)

Gin~ I hope you have a wonderful birthday!! Are you doing anything special today? I agree with you about the bc/me premix- i really liked it (again, missing the workout smilie):p

Marcy~ Just contimplating (sp?) doing PLB work with ankle weights makes you "the woman" to me!!LOL;) DH grew up in Flushing Queens till he was about 5, but his grandparents lived there till we got married (he was 30). His dad went to high school with simon and garfinkle! Good luck with the inches loss! whats on the schedule today?

Have a great day girls

Good Morning Girls!

Thank you for your sweet b-day wishes, Deanie and for starting the sweet b-day thread. You made my day!!:)
I did a combo of IMAX2 (1-5) and then IMAX3 (1-5). I really liked that combo...FUN!:p

Deanie~I may join you in the pushups challenge, of course I will be WAY behind, but it looks good and I think I found a teacher at work that may do it with me!! Hope your group has another good day at school. DH and I will go out to dinner tonight. That's enough for me.:)

Marcy~Hope your Friday interview goes well.

Gotta run.
Have a great day!

Good Morning Girls!

I had trouble getting up this morning. I had a sugar hangover!!:( I have got to get rid of that leftover cake!
I was planning to do the entire MM, but for some reason the dvd player was set for upper body premix, so that is what I ended up doing. I'll do the lower body and abs this aft. I can't figure this new dvd player out!!:mad:

Deanie~How is the pushup challenge going? I plan to TRY to start it on Sunday. I'll bet you have no problem with it. How are your knees? Hope they are okay!

Marcy~We missed you yesterday. Best of luck with the interview today. Let us know!

Have a great day!!:D

Good Morning

Today was 45 min on the treadmill and sm#3. I got very little sleep last night, and now I am running late...:eek:

Gin~ hope you had a great birthday! cake...yum:) Exciting! you are doing the pushups challenge-- you'll do great!

Marcy~ missed you yesterday, hope the interview goes well today. hopefully you were out interviewing yesterday!;)

Have a great day

Good Afternoon!

So sorry I didn't post yesterday.

Yesterday was Legs & Glutes. I had a great workout. Used 5# ankle weights for the standing and floor work. Didn't realize Cathe was only using 2# until the standing work was done. Then I figured I might as well keep them on for the rest. I also did the 3 floor core segments from Tracey's Core Blast - ab work, planks and pilates (plank work was the toughest but got through it all). Also did 2 chinups.

Today was Kick Max. Also did 1 chinup. Got through all of the blasts. Did up through blast 4 without a break. Took a little extra break after each blast after that and didn't have to do any modifying. Leg conditioning drills were tough but I was able to keep my leg up higher than usual. I was going to do B&G premix tomorrow but considering all the leg work I did the past 2 days, I think I'll just do DM Timesaver premix and leave B&G for the weekend.

Went to Goodwill yesterday and got a few great finds:

Brick By Brick (VHS) with Rob Glick - step;
Crunch Fat Blasting Dance Party (VHS) with Jennifer Galardi; and
100% yellow silk suit from Talbot's in great condition. Almost didn't look like it was ever worn.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GIN!!! Hope you had a wonderful day.

Deanie - I lived for about 17 years in College Point (about 5 mins. away from Flushing). My DH lived in Flushing all his life. That's great DH's dad went to school with S&G. Great work with the pushup challenge. I won't be joining you right now but I'll keep rooting you on. Glad you had a nice first day at school.

Have a great day!

Marcy

Hi Again!

Just had to report that I finished MM abs and lower body and then did SM#3.
Did you notice I put my old avatar back up?? Just to change things up.;)

Deanie~Will you just add abs 3 days a week to your next rotation? And really only 2 days of cardio? You will probably love that, but have you ever tried just 2 days?
Hope you are able to sleep better tonight.
I'm not sure how well I'll do in the pushup challenge b/c I have been struggling with them. But, hopefully that will help me and help me get through all of the pushups in STS when we start it.:p

Marcy~Great workout you have done lately!
Yeah to finding some great deals at Goodwill.
How was the interview?

So glad that tomorrow is Friday!:):D:eek:

Good Morning

today is MM, off to do it and the pushups in a minute.

Gin~ yeah for you for working all day and then finishing MM. I don't think I would have :eek:!! Yes, 2 days only for cardio. I will post the rotation again. Debbie said when she wants strength she does the rotation with 2 days cardio and when she wants to cut she combines shoulders and legs and does 3 days cardio. I also asked what kind of cardio and she said to mix it up. I've never done 2 days cardio that I remember, we'll see how it goes :confused:. Good luck with the push ups! tha's why i'm doing them, to keep up with cathe in STS. I wish there were a chinup/pullup challenge for the same reason... I will throw in some on the chest and back day next month. Happy first week of school! Now that you've done a whole week how was it? How was the teacher? Fun avitar change!

Marcy~ Great workouts, especially L&G.:D How did the interview go? Wish you were still in Queens, we couldhave met!!! but I'm sure your lovin' the Georgia life! LOL! What rotation are you doing next?

I've now gone to 3 different sources and they all say I should eat about 2500 calories a day, so I am upping my calories to 2000ish and see how it goes. Apparently if you do nothing all day but sit on your tush, you burn 2300 a day!:eek: Interesting...

Have a great day girls,
I will bbl and post the rotation again...

Back again. Here is the rotation. I will probably do cardio and abs on the same day, we'll see. If not , I will do abs on a cardio day and shoulder day for the week. depends on how long the cardio is, I only have an hour in the morning. i am only going to do abs 2X a week. I think that's all you need when lifting heavy.

September 08 rotation
Cardio is 45-60 minutes
Abs twice a week
Cardio is rotated:
Imax, steady state, treadmill, kickbox/bootcamp, dm cardio only, etc.
Chin ups and pull-ups added on Mondays and Fridays

Week 1
Mon.: Chest & Back from SS & 4DS
Tues: Cardio and abs
Wed.: Biceps & Triceps from SS & 4DS
Thurs: Cardio and abs
Fri: Shoulders from SS & 4DS
Sat.: Legs from SS & 4DS
Sun.: Off

Week 2
Mon.: Chest & Back from PP & 4DS
Tues: Cardio and abs
Wed.: Biceps & Triceps from PP & 4DS
Thurs: Cardio and abs
Fri.: Shoulders from PP & 4DS
Sat.: Legs from PP & 4DS
Sun.: Rest

Repeat Week 1 then repeat week 2

(When I'm building muscle, I use the rotation above. When I'm cutting I'll put shoulders and legs together and up my cardio to three days a week.)- fitness freak (Debbie)

Last edited:
okay, the sept 08 rotation green part is really hard to read. here is what it says:

September 08 rotation
cardio 45-60 min
abs twice a week
cardio is varied: Imax, steady state, treadmill, kb/bc, dm cardio etc
chin ups and pullups added on Monday and Friday

Good Afternoon!

Today was Drill Max Timesaver. I had a good workout. Was good up until drill 4. I got through fine until she did the fast foot repeaters and had to rest a bit. Got through 5 and 6 without a problem but didn't do as high knees as I should have in drill 6.

Interview seemed to go well. They had the longest testing - over 90 minutes! I got to meet with the administrator but she and the human resources manager (who I was also supposed to meet with) had to go to a meeting so I'm hoping they call me back. There are actually 2 spots that they're looking for so I'm hoping I get one. It's also for corporate which is where most of my experience is.

I think I figured out the problem with my breathing in the workout room. We had our air conditioning system checked out and it's kind of on its last legs. It turns out it's so old that the filter isn't working on it. We need to get it replaced but since we're both out of work, we're going to wait until it drops dead and then get it replaced. Until then, I guess I have to struggle a bit more but my cardio has gotten much more doable.

Deanie - I'm going to print out your rotation for future use. I'm still trying to lean out a bit more and enjoyed your rotation so much I'm going to modify a bit and do another similar rotation for next month using more barre routines for legs, kickboxing and yoga and 1 day of upper body (not sure if I'm going to do heavy or endurance yet.) I haven't done all Cathe in one month for awhile and I really feel like she whipped me back into shape. I am definitely enjoying the GA life but I wish we could have met back in NY.

How was your first week back at school? Do your kids like their new teachers?

Gin - Thanks. I've really been enjoying my workouts this month. Good luck with the pushup challenge. Congrats on finishing MM! So are your little ones being good for you?

Have a great evening! I'll try and check in over the weekend.

Marcy

Hi Ladies!

Okay, it is 6:30 and I am just now able to post!!:p
I ran this morning, but was planning to do a short premix of KPC, but now???? We'll see.
My mother just called me to tell me that my college Freshman roommate is expecting her first baby, at 48?!?!! YIKES! Better her than me.:rolleyes:
I am so glad that it is Friday. I want to sleep late and just piddle around the house.

Deanie~Thank you for posting the next rotation. I have told you before, but I just love that you research it all and all I have to do is follow along! Thank you!! The first week of school was good. There are a lot of procedures that I have to get used to that are new to me, but everyone is so nice and warm and welcoming. The kids are good so far and I just love to get to know their little personalities, as I'm sure you do also. Do you start on Tuesday?
2500 calories sound like alot, but what do I know. I'm sure all that you eat is healthy, so it will probably work.

Marcy~Sounds like the interview went well. Hope that they will offer you one of the postions.
Sorry about the old a/c problems. I know you will feel better when you can breath better.

Any exciting weekend plans?
It is the 10th anniversary of running MWF with my 2 other running friends and we are getting together with our husbands for dinner Sat and watch college football. That's all.

Have a good evening!

I must feel as if I have to check-in with you guys...LOL!!;)
I am here to tell you that I just completed KPC premix #1 cardio conditioning. It was a quick 37 min. workout. A good kickbox workout with out the combos, just drills.
Now that is dedication to exercise, to do this on a Friday night, huh?:D

See you tomorrow!:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.