KK's May Check In

Netta

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Today was supposed to be Imax2, but I subbed with Gin Miller's Intense Moves. I really like Gin as an instructor. She has a genuineness about her that I really like. This workout is 10 intervals, with less complex choreography. Really enjoyed it. She cues really well and shows lots of modifications.

Rhea, hoping you start feeling better. Have you ever had your neck X-rayed or MRI'd? My sister had neck surgery in Reno last year as she has a degenerative disc problem but is much better now. She actually didn't have much pain, but lots of numbness as the bones were beginning to press on the spinal cord. As soon as the surgery was done, they tested her somehow and she had all of her feeling and strength back in the arm. Hoping yours is nothing serious.

Becky, glad you ordered P90X. It is a great program. Muscle confusion is one of the key things that makes this program so effective. Life sounds great for you two!

Karen, hope you are doing okay. Didn't see a post for you yesterday. Hope all is well.

Jeanette

Good afternoon ladies.

Today I studied on the treadmill. I ran 3 miles and then walked a bit, followed by 7mph 10% incline sprint intervals and then walked some more. About 50 minutes of actually working out and 40 minutes of walking. I went through all my pharmacology notes for this last block exam and got in 90 minutes of activity.

I have a feeling this will be my workout type for the next month or so. I am able to tackle 2 things at once that way. I figured I'll start to flip out while studying, so I might as well be walking on the treadmill and when I flip out...I can kick up the pace and work out my frustration!

I intend to do some weights in the AM too. I hope that I don't lose fitness because of this (not being able to test my muscles w/ new things), but I really am having to study pretty much non-stop now until boards.

I hope everyone is doing great. The weather is so nice here in Florida. It makes me happy. :) Have a great evening!

-Becky

Good Evening!:)

Was so busy yesterday that I forgot to post -- and then once I got the book off to my editor, I crashed. Whew! But it's done. Figured out from Sat - Mon (3 days) I worked about 30 hours. But it's done now.

Today I'd hoped to get done some things that are backlogged, but didn't get hardly anything done.:+ Am probably just tired.

Anyway, it was ME on Sat -- no workout on Sun or Mon as I was pushing work -- and then today was IMAX2 -- complete except for interval 9.

I need to look into Gin Miller, as well. I've heard nothing but good things about her.

Jeanette -- I didn't go back to the old thread so hope that your weekend was good.

Rhea -- sorry to hear about your neck troubles. Like I said, wish you lived here closer -- there's a friend of ours who does incredible massage -- he does some adjustment, as well, but it's the massage that's so great.

Becky -- Love your attitude. What a great thing to think about, that if you flip out, at least you're exercizing and can take it out on that -- my daughter says the same thing -- takes out her frustration in exercise. Don't think you'll lose what you've gained in these next few weeks -- maybe just holding?

Tomorrow is some kind of weights for me -- not sure what yet. Have so much work to do that's stacked up here -- it's hard to know what to do first. Will just take one thing at a time, finish it and go onto the next.

We can't find one of our cats right now and we've been calling and calling. Hope we find her -- she's one we've raised from a baby -- on a bottle. She likes to play hide and seek so I hope that's all that's happening.

Have a super day tomorrow and great workouts.

Morning,

Today was Butts & Guts Floor premix (most of) and then I did Squeeze lower body and abs work. I did an easy spin yesterday after work over to my parents house. Today is a haircut and color after work.

Becky, good for you for multitasking! I'm sure you won't lose much strength. You can come back stronger later on when you aren't so busy with school.

Rhea, hope the neck is better.

Karen, glad you got the book off to the editor. Did you find your kitty? Gin Miller is a good instructor, in my opinion. I'll have to see if she has any newer stuff.

Jeanette

Good morning ladies.

Today I did Butts and Guts. I might get on the treadmill after lunch. Don't know. Depends on if I get stressed out.

Karen, so glad you got that book out. I hope you find your cat!

Jeanette, enjoy your hair appt today.

Rhea, hope you are feeling better.

Have a great day everyone!

-Becky

Good morning!

Glad everyone is doing awesome. Neck/shoulder still a bit stiff, but only because the darn sitting gets to me after a while. I'm going to do some sort of cardio today and then some yoga. I'm determined to get back into the swing of things asap.

Well, speaking of getting back, too much work and not enough time. Talk to you later!

Hi! It was Muscle Max for me today (56 min. premix) plus a leisurely bike ride for about 30-40 minutes. We found our cat who was like "what? you're looking for me?" My hubby told her to ask permission for sleep overs from now on.;) Gosh, I'm so glad she's back.

Jeanette -- both you and Becky did Butts & gutts today -- terrific workout. I'm going to go and check on Gin Miller, as well, but first I gotta get caught up on my Cathe videos. I, too, got my hair colored today -- but I do it myself.

Becky -- Great on Butts and Guts -- keep at it and yeah, use the exercise to burn off that stress. Go get 'em.

Rhea -- Hope your cardio and yoga was good. What did you end up doing? Can you keep up the intensity, Rhea, but baby that neck and shoulder area until it's healed?

So glad everyone seems to be doing well. Love hearing about your days. Have some great workouts and a terrific day.

:7

Good morning,

Today was ME Upper Body Premix, which I enjoyed doing. It's been a while since I've done the weight workout from this. I did make it thru the biceps without straining too much. I should try some 1# weighted gloves for it next time to increase the intensity but not be too heavy. Have a bike ride after work today with a girlfriend.

Karen, so glad you found your cat. Why do they hide like that? Who knows? You got a nice workout in today. Sounds like you are enjoying the bike.

Rhea, what yoga did you get in yesterday? Glad the neck is improving.

Becky, my hair appointment was good and I was out of there in 60 minutes, color and cut so happy it didn't take forever. Next time is full weave, which takes much longer. I love having my hair highlighted. She did it very subtle, so it looks almost natural.

Jeanette

Good morning!

Ended up going to the chiro yesterday, which helped tremendously, so no workout. My neck really needed that adjustment I guess. A bit stiff today, but about an 80% better. So today will be some sort of cardio with a massage and another chiro appointment tomorrow.

Karen - hard to me to get intensity on the cardio without arm movement. My HR just doesn't get up there unless I move my arms around.

Jeanette - I love getting my hair done too, but the time is like 2-3 hours for me. Too much hair. I'm probably going to cut off about 3 inches this next time and get some sort of style. Might lose some weight that way!!!

Well, back to the salt mines.. Have a great day everyone!

Good afternoon ladies.

Today was the last Cathe workout I'll do (scheduled) for a while. I am going to do her 1 body part per day rotation where it is just free weights, no video, and then add some cardio. Today I did Drill Max Cardio and Upper Body premix.

Today has been productive. I try to not make a crazy study schedule the day before an exam. I like to do "real people things". So today my "real person thing" was to get my yorkie groomed for the summer (got the long hair cut short so that when she goes outside it won't drag the ground and make her smelly quicker...w/ the heat and such) and bought some herbs for a mini herb garden (in a big pot since we live in an appt.) I also bought 2 hot pepper plants. We'll see how that works. I've never grown anything but herbs and flowers before (the flowers usually die quickly on me...herbs I can keep longer).

I am stressed about tomorrow. Actually, I don't know if it is about tomorrow or just simply chronic test anxiety and stress towards the boards. I do feel prepared and ready to conquer tomorrow's block exam, but I don't like knowing that I will have to go straight home and crack more books for the next one on Wednesday (clinical skills practical exam) and then on Friday and then the next Friday. Sorry I am complaining. I just want this to all be over!!!

Hope everyone has a better day than me. :)

-Becky

Becky - you will do just great! I know it. It is just a marathon type of testing and you know you "know" the stuff. I have all my fingers nd toes crossed for you!

I skimped on my workout today -- very tired -- not much sleep, etc. So I just ate little and am getting ready to go to bed and get some good sleep.

Becky -- I second what Rhea said -- you'll do fine -- I know how it is, though -- Like you, I never take these things for granted and maybe that's exactly why you'll do well.;-) We'll all be crossing our fingers for you.

I have a small -- very small -- herb garden, as well -- just started it last year. Thyme and basil and that sort of thing.

Jeanette -- the biceps on ME are tough -- only one that I know of that competes with it is the biceps from Supersets. Bet your hair looks great -- highlights are so pretty. Don't know why cats do that, all I know is that they do and it's tough on us pet owners.

Rhea -- So glad that you were able to see a chiro and relieve some of that pain. Yea! Make me laugh with your lossing weight with a hair cut.

Tomorrow, I plan on a cardio and stretch -- and some good sleep tonight. Have a super day tomorrow and some terrific workouts.:7

Morning,

Today was KenpoX for me. Nice to see Tony again. Got a bike ride in yesterday afternoon, though it was a bit windy. A grey morning outside right now. The trip to the fire camp yesterday was fun. Lots of inmate crews there doing their training exercises. Beautiful camp too.

Karen, sorry you were tired today. You are right, ME biceps are tough. Supersets I can't even get thru and I go lower in weight than Cathe for that one. It's a toughie. Hope you had a good night's sleep.

Rhea, hope the chiro helps you out. Does he have any kind of exercises to strengthen those muscles so that they hold better?

Becky, sending good vibes out for your testing. Sure you will do fine.

Jeanette

Not sure if anyone will be checking in or not, but wanted to post anyway. Jeanette -- great getting in KenPoX -- wait to go!

It was a short cardio (about 30 minutes) a premix from IMAX3 -- all cardio -- was kind of fun -- and a stretch. Have missed so many days of workout that I plan to get in some workouts this weekend. Tomorrow I plan Bootcamp and then on Sunday -- KPC premix.

Hope you all have a great weekend -- hope you're doing great, Rhea -- hope you'll have a good time this weekend, too, Jeanette, and hope your studies go well, Becky!

Have a super weekend!:7

Good morning ladies.

Thanks for all your well-wishes yesterday. I think my final block exam went really well. Grades will be posted by Wednesday.

Now it is time for real boards studying. I started last night reviewing some anatomy and today I am doing embryology and immunology.

My workout today was 50 minutes on the elliptical (while reading of course). My knees have been bothering me just a bit lately, so I think I may have to alternate my days on the treadmill w/ days on the elliptical.

Karen, your workouts sound like fun this weekend. As much as bootcamp makes me huff and puff, I really like it. Have fun!

Jeanette, what is KenPoX? Is it a kickbox workout?

Rhea, hope all is well w/ you.

-Becky

Hi Morning!:)

Quick check-in. Loved Bootcamp -- it's the longest workout I've done in a while. It's tough, but good. Tomorrow, I plan a KPC premix.

Becky -- Well done on the Block Exams. Now it's down to the boards, huh? You're getting there. Go get 'em! Oh, and good idea on the knees, not to stress them right now.

Am sending in a check for CTX series -- couldn't bring myself to use my cards -- I'm trying to pay them off -- so just couldn't do it. Can't wait to get them. Once I have them, there's not too much else that I don't have except for some of her earlier videos not yet out on DVD.

Have a super weekend and some terrific study.:7

Hope you all had a terrific weekend. Hope you got alot of riding in, Jeanette -- and alot of study, Becky -- and some R&R Rhea (plus workouts, of course).

Well, it's Sumday, so time to look at the week ahead. My workout on Saturday was Bootcamp and today was a bike ride and a walk -- what a beautiful day here today -- none of those aerosol trails to litter the sky -- sunny, warm, bright -- just begging you to come outside.

Anyway, here's the plans:

Mon: IMAX3 -- at least 7-8 intervals
Tues: Power Hour
Wed: Cardio and stretch
Thurs: Supersets
Fri: IMAX2
Sat: HSC -- premix

It might change here or there, of course, but at least it's a plan. Am in the middle of tour planning for June -- it'll be a little easier this year, as I'm touring from home -- and I'll have the company of a friend.

Have a super day everyone and some terrific workouts!:7

Good morning!

Good job on that block exam Becky! I knew you would kick butt.

No workouts for me this weekend. No time. Was busy painting all day Sat and then yesterday was getting crude done that had been piling up. A lot close, but not quite done. This evening I should be able to pull it all together and be done with most of the spring cleanup.

Today I am going to start back on the workouts, I think I will do the Low Impact Step again as it was a great workout that I could modify the intensity and it was very steady state. Tomorrow I'll try and sneak back in those weight workouts.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning,

Stayed home today as I still had a touch of a stomach thing that started yesterday morning. One of those where your food is just sitting like a lump in your stomach. I went down to the bike ride in Palo Cedro and had a good time, but had the stomach ickiness all day. Still burping and such today. Feeling much, much better, but decided to make sure I was better ;) .

Did all of CTX Upper Body workout and then did B&G abs with ankle weights. Great workout. That CTX gets you every time.

Karen, glad you are getting CTX. I think of you every time I do them. They are short cardio segments but really get you. Your weekend souded good, with nice weather and a bike ride and walk. Your week's rotation looks great. I don't have Power Hour. What is that one like? I like Supersets too.

Becky, great going on your exams! Knew you could do it. KenpoX is a P90X's kickboxing workout. It's not meant to be high intensity cardio at all, not even comparable to KPC. It has more drills. I wear my weighted gloves to make it a bit more intense. You have to keep in mind that with P90X, there is less cardio in the system so that you don't burn off the muscle. I like KenpoX and usually looked forward to it thru most of the 90 days of P90X. You do it once a week, except maybe the Recovery Weeks (can't remember). Take care of that knee! Good for you for modifying. I started to feel a little warmth in my elbow joint today while doing tricep work and backed off before an injury occurred.

Rhea, so you were painting again? I think that counts as a workout. The closest I came to yardwork was fertilizing the front lawn and watering. Maybe today I'll get out and plant some bulbs that I just received from my nephew (school fundraiser).

Got to go now,

Jeanette

So good to come here and see how you're all doing. Let's see, it was IMAX3 today -- 8 intervals -- the last 5 intervals are my favorite -- and so I did intervals 1-3 and 6-10. About 50-51 minutes total -- good workout.

Rhea -- painting sounds intense -- I should do the spring cleaning, as well -- but I have a tour to plan now -- whew -- one thing after another. Hope you were able to do Low Impact Step today -- I like that one, as well -- I only wish it were slightly shorter -- have a hard time getting more than an hour to workout.

I think painting counts for a workout...

Jeanette -- Power hour is sort of like ME -- in terms of time and in terms of intensity. But each body part is worked to a particular song -- it's a good workout. I do like ME better, but Power Hour is a good, solid workout.

Am sorry to hear about your stomach problems -- sounds very similar to what I had -- I've been babying my stomach nowadays. Yes, I can't wait to get CTX -- but I'll have an even longer wait -- since I sent in a check. I've wanted it for so long.

Am trying to get my mailings done (2500 names) before May 15th when postage goes up. Pant...pant... Keep looking for that break, but don't thing I'm going to get it -- I'll just take it when I can get it.

Hope you are feeling much better now, Jeanette, and hope that you are doing well, too, Rhea -- and Becky, I can only imagine the stress you're under. Go girl.

Have a wonderful day, everyone and some terrific workouts.:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.