KK's June Check In

janiejoey

Cathlete
Mornin Everyone,

This is a first for me; to start out the month on the forum. Here goes.

Todays exercise is gardening:7 and will be for the whole weekend. Monday Joe and I will start doing a full body workout and try to continue with it, but our projects are very physical. We'll see how it goes.

How is everyone doing? I hope OK. The last May forum was near the bottom of the 2nd page. I'm worried about everyone.

Our asparagus bed did a fantastic job for us this year. Now it's time to let it grow until Fall, then I'll cut it down to the ground and put a lot of mushroom compost on it so it can grow well next year. It was so :9 .

KK, Rhea, Jeanette, take care and we'll hear from you when you can.

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

Hi ladies,
Hope everyone had a good weekend. DH and I took the Rhino out to the woods on Saturday. It wasn't warm but we had a pretty good time, except for a malfunction on the Rhino. Hoping to get to the bottom of that today. Yesterday was a group bike ride, then lots of yardwork, washing car, etc. Today's workout was LIC. Good workout. Will also play golf after work, I think.

Janie, hope you are getting the upper hand on those weeds. I love asparagus! I was thankful for my workout endurance as it tranferred over to yardwork yesterday.

Hi to Rhea and Karen,

Jeanette

Good morning!

This weekend's "workouts" consisted of a little lounging and reading, garden work, cleaning up the patio, painting, laundry, putting all the crude away from the remodel. I was going to workout in a "normal" way, but it was just too great to get all that crude put away. My house is almost back to normal. I have a few left over things to do, like putting the door trim back up.

Today, I have Bunco at 6:30, so I am hoping that I can get in a workout before I leave. I really want to get back into the swing of things with the workouts.

Janie, asparagus, yummy. I would love to plant that! I am going to try and get at least some tomatoes in next week. But my garden area is such a mess.....sniff sniff, the weed pile is huge. But I think I will try and get in a 15-30 minute weed time in each evening and then it will be much more managable next weekend.

Hi to Jeanette and Karen!!!!!

Gotta run...people waiting for me.

Have a great day!

Good Evening!:)

I feel as if I've been off in another world since Friday. Please forgive. Friday, My DH and I went to the cremation of my BIL, then ti the airport to welcome in my SIL and MIL -- then Saturday was the most intensive cleaning of the house I've done for a long time -- my God-daughter and daughter came over to help otherwise it wouldn't ave been done I fear -- we had the memorial on Sunday with everyone coming to my house for food and company and such -- and today I've been absolutely exhausted.

My MIL is still here -- got the results of the CT scan I had done on my head on Friday -- and things look to be okay -- knock on wood. I will miss my BIL terribly -- I already do -- but I think he's off to better things.

My hand is healing but still in the half cast. Walking is my exercise right now and even that is tiring cause I;m just so exhausted.

Anyway, Janie, thanks for starting the forim -- love those graphics -- you garden sounds terrific and it is exercise.

Jeanette, great on LIC and the bike ride -- great that you're keeping at it,

Rhea, bet your house is beautiful -- can't wait till I can get back into things, too -- but it will be a few weeks yet.

Have a super day everyone and thanks Janie for your concern.:7

Good morning,
No cardio workout this morning, but have a bike ride tonite if it's not too windy out. Played golf after work yesterday. The course is so beautiful right now.

Karen, (((hugs))), hope it helps get thru this sad time. Enjoy your walks. How is Georgie adjusting to being home? Hope you have a good time visiting with MIL and SIL.

Rhea, bet your house is looking very nice. I have a project or two that needs to be started. Hmmm, when to do it?

Janie, hi and don't work too hard in the garden.

Jeanette

Hi Everyone,

Can't believe its Tuesday already! My Joey and I decided to go ahead and start on Cathe's June "08" Rotation. even though we do a lot of physical work outside our other muscles are suffering, so we have to do it. Right? We want to be well rounded and have all muscles work for us, not just some of them. We can feel the difference and it needs to be done.

Jeanette, When you talk about a Rhino I think of one of those huge animals in the water. What is a Rhino? Perhaps a MP3 player? I am getting the upper hand on the weeds now. I pull up the weeds by hand (in between and around the garden) take vinegar and salt in hand and spray the heck out of them. Then I place a layer of leaves on top of that, and an 8 inch layer of beauty bark on top of that. I'm almost halfway done. It is quite a job and should last for years it I keep on top of it. About every 2 or 3 years I should top it off with a couple of inches of beauty bark. Have a great time golfing on that beautiful course of yours.

Rhea, I bet your house is so lovely. I'd love to see it one day. Sorry Rhea, what is a Bunco? Good for you planting tomatoes. Nothing like frsh tomatoes picked off the vine and still warm.:9 I'm going to put in another bed of asparagus next early Spring. Can't have enough of that wonderful vegetable.

KK, I have so much fun with these graphics!

You are in a different world right now. It's been changed forever. It will get better with time. I'm glad you have family to help and support you. The scan will be OK, just think positive. Take one day at a time, you'll feel better physically soon. (I feel for you).

Take care everyone (warm fuzzies your way)

Janie

[/url]

So good to come here and see your posts. You are old friends now. :) The loss is hard, I must admit, but I'm taking walks daily and looking at things and Ii can only think that he's gone onto bigger and better things.

It was a walk for me today and two naps. Can;t believe how exhausted I am of late. My MIL is still here and I love her dearly. It will be a few weeks yet however before the hand is healed. I'm afraid.

Jeanette, thanks so much for your shoulder and I hope things are going well for you with your loss, as well.

Janie, thank you for your shoulder as well. I love how attentive you are to your garden. Cathe;s rotation will be great. And you are so right about those muscles.

Hi Rhea! I'm off to go to bed and up to hopefully hop back into work sometime soon.

Have a super day everyone!:7

Morning,
Today was a step and weights circuit from SJP, then added on abs as the premix doesn't include them. Did a bike ride last night with girlfriends. Had a good time and good workout. Will be going to see Indiana Jones tonite. Looking forward to it.

Karen, hope you start feeling more energetic soon. Nice that your MIL is there visiting and that you get along with her. Will you be doing any writing while back home? When will you be going back to Florida?

Janie, go to my picture trail and click on the Outdoor Pictures folder. You'll see the Rhino. It's like a 4WD golf cart that you ride side by side in. It's made by Yamaha. We love it.

Hi Rhea, hoping the weather starts shaping up.

Jeanette

Have always liked the mixes from SJP. Great on the workouts. I had to go and look at the picts, as well, You look so good Jeanette!

It was a walk for me again today and will probably be walking for a while -- until the hand heals, I need to be writing, but can't right now due to the hand. My I should do dictation. I;ll be going back to FL when things are doing well here again -- perhaps in July. But I;ll be going there and doing the course full time so as to get through it faster.

Have a really super day everyone!:7

KK, Glad to hear you are up and about. don't you love having your MIL there with you for support? Seems she loves you very much. Also great to hear you talking about goals, it's just another sign of healing.

Jeanette, Looked at your pictures. They are Wonderful! Sorry I haven't looked at them before now. You have a great looking bunch of people there. I new my idea of a Rhino was different from yours. How fun! Looks like a little Jeep.

Hi Rhea, doin OK?

Janie

[/url]

It was another walk for me today -- was tired at the end -- but I'll keep walking until I feel up to running. Geez, it will really be like starting over when I at last get back to working out.

Janie, how I love your graphics. How was the garden today and how is Cathe;s rotation going?

It really is good to have my MIL here right now, She goes home on Saturday and then I suppose it will be up to my DH and I to get back to a normal sort of schedule.

Hi Jeanette & Rhea! Hope you are both doing well.

Have a super day tomorrow everyone.

Love,

Kay

Morning,
No workout yesterday morning, but did Cardio Coach #4 on the bike outside after work. Great workout. Was windy in the afternoon so not hard to get the heart rate up, just tough to get it down inbetween the intervals. Today was a circuit premix from BM2. Good workout! Have a little shopping to do after work, then some housework. Have work around the house plans for this weekend, plus a Sunday morning bike ride.

Karen, hope you start feeling stronger soon. How long will the course take to finish once you start doing it full time? Do you have a book tour this summer?

Janie, yes, the Rhino IS like a little Jeep. We have a lot of fun with it. Nice to be able to take our dogs along. Are you getting back to the regular workouts?

Hi Rhea,

Jeanette

Mornin,

Cathe's rotation is really good for us. We truly needed these exercises. I'm worried about our garden. The global warming effect is effecting the garden this year. This is the time to place the plants into the ground and outside, but our weather for the next two weeks will be rain and under 50 degrees. Anything under 50 degrees will die. They are doing very well in the greenhouse, but if I don't plant them soon, they may die from replanting. The greenhouses aren't that big to grow them, they are only for small plants. However I do grow tomatoes and soybeans in them because they are hotter weather plants and I love eating those vegies.

Anyway very worried about it. Hope it all goes well, cause I spent so much time money and energy on this as I do every year.

Looks like KK and Jeanette are doing well.

Haven't heard from you in a while Rhea, hope everything is OK.

Janie

[/url]

Geez, I didn;t even walk today -- I forgot -- got so busy with other things that I simply forgot. It will be good I think once Paul and I are on our own again, for things to settle down into a pattern -- at least I hope so.

Jeanette, even though no official workout at least you were active -- that's great. Have a super weekend.

Janie. I can see you upset. All this work and what happens if the plants don't make it? i Hope it gets sorted out this weekend.

Hi Rhea!

Georgie is having a hard time adjusting here with the other cats -- I hope over time he'll do Okay. Doing the course full time should all me to finish within a couple of months I think.

Have a super weekend everyone!:7

Well this week's rotation is easy -- walking. Am hoping to be able to actually run pretty soon, but not yet -- I still tire too easily.

Hope you have all had a great weekend.

Georgie is having a hard time adjusting to all the other cats -- hopefully he'll get over it soon, however.

Have a super day, everyone! :7

Morning,

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I did. No workout this morning. Will catch up with y'all tomorrow morning.

Jeanette

Good morning!

Sorry was MIA, but I ran away with DH on the spur of the moment last Thursday and didn't get back until this weekend. DH got a job as a principal in Foster City, so we boogied on down so he could meet the board on Thursday night. I got to do some shopping on the way home Saturday at the outlets, yippee. It is great that he finally got a job. It will be lonely next year, but worth it.

I had better get going and get myself caught up here at the salt mine. Talk to you later!

KK, Poor Georgie. I hope things will start to be good for the little guy soon. Walking is good, and healthy. Enjoy them. Just don't start too early with anything else. Make sure your body is ready for it first.

Jeanette, we also had a great weekend.

Rhea, Congratulate your DH on his new job as principal.

Still looks like more than 2 weeks or more before our weather will reach 50 degrees at night and in the morning. I'm going to plant our crops from inside the green houses out side either today or tomorrow. They just can't wait any longer. Nor can I. Some of their leaves might die, but maybe the rest will survive and start growing again. Will see.

Today is our rest day.

Take care,

Janie

[/url]

Good morning,
No workout for me yesterday, just a walk during my work break and hitting golf balls at the range. Today was Cardio & Weights and tonite will be a bike hill climb with girlfriends.

Janie, hope the plants are doing okay today with the transplanting. Hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Rhea, I'll have to look up where Foster City is. I've never heard of it. Will you be moving to there? Congrats to your DH.

Karen, hope you are doing okay. Poor Georgie! Hope he comes around soon. How does he like the dogs? Hope your hand is healing too. Enjoy your walks. At least we don't have the hot weather like they have back east.

Great workouts everyone,

Jeanette

Good morning!

How is everyone doing? I ended up getting what I call a "muscle" migraine last night, so no workout. I'm hoping I can get out of here earlier today so that I can workout and golf also. But will have to see since I'm the only attorney here. I"ve got to get back into the swing of things. I made a 1/2 hearted attempt to get up this morning and workout. The only part of the attempt was to put some workout clothes up. I slept right on through without even a hesitation!!!

Karen - hope the hand is better and Georgies is doing a bit better. Cats are so persnickity when it comes to newcomers. They really cop an attitude!

Jeanette - Foster City is about 30 miles south of San Francisco. I'll be moving in about a year if it all works out. It is a slow change for me I guess. Pretty expensive down there, but I think that having all that cultural is soooooo nice.

Janie - how's that garden going? I don't think I'll even be able to get tomatoes planted since I'm away almost every weekend this month. But we'll see. I might not go with DH next week, especially if he is going to golf with the guys on the way back. I don't want to be a third wheel.

Well, must run and get to work. Have a great day everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.