KK's February Check-In

Author

Cathlete
Good Evening!:)

As I sit here writing with Georgie on my hand, I'm going to try to write a post. Goodness!;-)

How was the Super Bowl weekend? Did you watch the animal Super bowl, Rhea -- and Jeanette, did you and Rhea have weather. It was gorgeous -- beautiful here this weekend, clear, not hot, not cold. But I am inside most of the day, so I don't get to see too much of it.

Rotation for this next week is easy -- it's the CTX rotation -- 6 days worth of it -- a no brainer this week. Have noticed rotating this with my usual workouts and the new 4 day split has really pumped up my strength.

Okay, so Hi Janie! It's 7 pages a day, eash and every day -- my target. So here goes!

It's also Leap Year. Anyway, have a super day tomorrow!:7

Good morning,
Today was Slow & Heavy Legs (never done that one before) and Coremax Segment 2. I'm starting Cathe's April 06 Lower Body Bonanza rotation. Last night was the Garage Boys and we also shoveled the garage owner's driveway as he had shoulder surgery on Friday. Rhea, his name is Bob Dale, in case you might know him, used to work at Safeway.

Was down a pound on my weigh in today so that makes me happier.

Karen, we had snow off and on yesterday. Once I looked out and it looked like a blizzard. I was supposed to go to the valley for a bike ride, but our group cancelled. Glad they did, it would have been miserable I think.

Hi Janie and Rhea, hope all is well!

Jeanette

Good Mornin,

KK,
7 pages of writing is great! You'll be done in no time at all. Our Super Bowl weekend was great. All the family met at one house. We had a grid of sorts then numbers from 1-9 on top and on the left side. We took turns and put our names in the spaces. I'm not a sports person at all, so I don't know what I was doing, but whoever was playing each of us put in 20 dollars. It was great fun seeing family talking walking with the grandkids. And after the game my step daughter won. She was so happy! Dancing around doing that stirring thing and moving her hips. It was funny, and had a great time.

Jeanette,
Slow and Heavy legs are so darn hard for me. I have a lot of work to do on them because of it. That's so sweet of you to help with shoveling snow. Great on losing a pound. But I see pure muscle in you.

I have legs and back today with P90X. I'm not doing the whole thing, just have legs today and picked this one. It's a great workout, and will modify, I'm sure.

Hi Rhea!

Take care ladies, have a great day.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

http://www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

It was CTX Power Circuit for me today -- great workout. Jeanette, I am so glad that you recommended this series to me -- my hand reaches for it over and over and over. And I really like the 4 day split, as well. They kinda remind me of each other -- but I find the CTX music better and just a little bit more enjoyable. I still don't have the footwork down on HIS yet.

And it was only the one workout today -- got home too late to do another workout. As it is, I'm going to bed late.

But I wrote 7 pages today. Now I have to do it tomorrow, as well.

Jeanette, I'm wondering if I might get some of Cathe's older strength workouts instead of the new -- I don't have the S&H series and it's a little more affordable than the new set. The lower body rotation sounds good, as well -- and you lost a pound. Yea! I know that's not always easy to do -- boy, do I know it.

The snow sounds so beautiful. I miss it, you know. I know some people who love the warm weather and just wouldn't live where there was snow for anything, but I actually like it. Although perhaps not to bike in or drive in.

Janie, your Super Bowl sounds wonderful, filled with family and friends. Wow! And congrats to your step-daughter. What wonderful time, huh?

Hi Rhea -- how was your Super Bowl?

Okay, so it's late -- gotta get to bed and get up early to write. Have a really wonderful day and great workouts. Georgie is growing like crazy. What a wonderful little kitty he is.:7

Good morning,
Today was supposed to be MIC, but I'm not really fond of that workout so I did about 30 minutes of the hi-lo, then switched to Amy Bento's hi-lo dome. Did 2 combos and an interval blast of that one. Whew! Too much impact in MIC after a while. I need to modify that one more I think as my feet get a bit sore after a while. Have to take our pickup into the shop right after work and leave it there to have a little work done on it.

Karen, good job on the 7 pages. I do like S&H for a few weeks, but no more. It's a good one though. I don't have her other older strength workouts. So glad that CTX was a good recommendation for you. I kind of thought it would work out. The upper body workout on that one always gets me good too.

Janie, sounds like you had a blast during Super Bowl!!!! Bet the dance was funny! I always liked Legs & Back from P90X. However, I'm burned out on P90X right now. Bet you see good results from it. I'm warming up to the idea of buying STS but will probably put it off until the end of the presale.

Rhea, you are probably really busy at work. Hope you get a chance to get some workouts in. Hope this snow melts soon.

Jeanette

Good afternoon!

Thank goodness its Tuesday. Short court week this week, but plenty of paperwork to do.

Workouts, I've been better at them. Saturday I did Low Max, but pooped out after the 4th interval, so I stopped. I thought I'd have been able to do that one, because the day before I had done Totally Hot Cardio and Added on Ab Jam and still had energy left over. I guess not. I rested Sunday (felt really lazy) DH and I watched the Superbowl and the commercials. I also cuaght some of the Puppy Bowl IV on Animal Planet. It was pretty cute. Some of those puppies really got going and were terrorizing each other.

Yesterday I did Cardio and Weights. Just perfect for me. Had to modify a bit towards the end when I was running out of breath, but I also caught myself holding my breath a couple of times. Not sure what I'm going to do today. Maybe the 4DS which has the leg workout at the end, just can't remember which one that is right now.

Beautiful bright blue day today. With all the snow, it is gorgeous. Cold, but pretty. My two girl kitties just don't want to venture out doors. Woody, not at all, Daisy, only 30 minutes at a time. The boy kitty has been out every night. But they all are getting bored. They are pretty funny. They'll follow me around and "talk" at me as if I'm going to provide them some entertainment. Daisy was bored enough yesterday to play with my tie for my lightweight spring bathrobe that was hanging on the back of my door. She actually played with it long and hard enough to pull it out of the bathrobe and onto the floor. (my winter heavy bathrobe was hanging on top of it, so she was tuggin!) I haven't seen Daisy "play" like that for a long time. Woody has been taking to running up and down the hallway as fast as she can go. I think they have cabin fever. I'm almost afraid to go home and see what they have been up to while I'm gone!

Well, I had better get back to work. Have a great day everyone!

Today was CTX 10-10-10. Really like that workout. Today was the day when I go out to the farm to pick up food and so my production wasn't great today (1 page) -- and so I'm planning to write all day tomorrow, up until I have to go to course. Hoping to make up for the day. Then tonight it was 4DS Kickbox -- that's a good workout.

Okay, so last night I didn't work out at night cause I got home so late -- and indeed, I put on 1 1/2 pounds. So tonight I did the workout. Goodness. You'd think the body would let me have one day!

Jeanette, MIC isn't one of my favorites, either. In truth, I've only done it once. I like so many others of Cathes so much better. So I do understand. Looks like your workout was really good as well. Did the pound stay off? That's one of my problems lately, the pound goes off, but then goes on again so easily.

The detox is going well. Does make me a bit tired, but am seeing some difference in the way I feel now when I'm not tired. Did that make sense?:eek:

Rhea, you description of your kitties really made me smile. Little Georgie plays and plays and plays. Sometimes most of the night through -- and especially in the mornings. What he loves most are the hair bands of mine that I put on the floor for him. I just love these animals. The weather sounds wonderful, as well.

You'll get back into it, Rhea -- so good to see you doing it. Have a great day at your work.

Janie, am hoping you're doing great today.

Okay so have a super day tomorrow and terrific workouts!:7

RE: KK

Morning,
Today was the Timesaver premix of Kick Max. Nice to get that one out for a change. I have the Garage Boys spin session tonite.

Rhea, I like Cardio & Weights too. That one really makes me sweat. Think it's the compound exercises. Your kitties sound really cute.

Karen, I almost did 4DS Kickbox today, but didn't. Hope you got it in for me. I'm not sure if the pound has stayed off as I'm trying not to climb on the scale so much. I do feel a bit leaner so hope it's staying away. Do you see a metabolism change using the Black Walnut?

Janie, know you are getting those workouts in. Are you still loving P90X? How's the writing going?

Got to run,

Jeanette

Good morning!

Hey, I did 4DS Kickbox last night! I wanted a leg workout, so I did that one. Boy did it workout my legs, but I was a bit wimpy on the weights. I did have to modify some of the jumping to keep my HR from being so sky high. But I felt like I had some great form on the punches. My back is actually a bit sore today.

Today will be some sort of steady state cardio, probably a Christi Taylor, just not sure which one will make it into the dvd!

Well, got to run. Have a great day everyone!

It was CTX Intervals today and then cardio (no blasts) only from IMAX3 for tonight's workout. That workout at night is what is keeping my metabolism in check right now, I think.

What I notice mostly on the Black WAlnut, Jeanette, is that I'm still detoxing and that a cyst on my ear is disappearing -- slowly -- but it's going away -- it's one I've had for about 30 years. I'm only taking one dropperful a day because I'm really detoxing on it. Over the next few weeks, I hope to build up to 2 dropperfuls and then we'll see if it helps me with my metab as well.

Things are busy -- book coming out next month and a book due in 3 months. Am busy, busy.

Rhea, we both did 4DS Kickbox last night -- only I only did the cardio section of it. That's a terrific workout -- if you were doing that, you didn't lose too much by being off for a few weeks.

Anyway, gotta run to bed. Have a radio show we're taping tomorrow, as well. Like I said, life is busy.

Have a super day!:7

Can't sleep. I looked outside and there is about 6" of snow on the ground tonight! If it stays I'll be snowshoeing in it tomorrow.

Hi Busy B KK,
That busy, and still you have the time for the forum. WOW. Sounds like every thing is coming along just fine with your book, and fast too. 10.10.10 is one of my favorites. Would love some info on detox form Black Walnut. (hint, hint). I'll send you some of my sourdough starter, if you'd like. Oh, enjoy your radio show. That has got to be so exciting!

Jeanette,
It's so funny that I want to play in the snow and you want it gone. I am doing my workouts. Today was a cardio, on the treadmill. Tomorrow will be core work and I don't know what will be the following day. Will see. A mish mosh of sorts I suppose.

Rhea,
Your kittens sound so lovely and cute. I can see you are getting back to normal. Glad to, I was getting to worry a little. You are doing really great on your workouts.

Take care,

Janie

Good morning,
Today was Slow & Heavy Legs, then previewed a little of Gay Gasper's Cardio Step Express. She looks like a really good cuer, like Christi Taylor, giving you enough time to respond to a cue. I also got my new Amy Bento Step Challenge, but haven't previewed it yet. Last night was the Garage Boys, 3 of us there and a short 45 minute or so hill climb simulation workout. I got my new trainer so was able to use it with my bike.

Janie, hope you get the snow to play in. The novelty of snow leaves pretty quickly for me. It melted a lot yesterday and hoping even more by the end of the week. Are you loving P90X?

Rhea, glad you got the KB workout in. I'm sore from those leg conditioning drills in Kickmax. Sides of butt. What Christi did you do?

Karen, that's great about the black walnut and the cyst disappearing. Sorry about the 2X a day workouts. That's not what I'm wanting to head to as I'm kind of lazy in that regard, but who knows? I really want to speed up this slow, efficient metabolism. If I was a livestock, they'd love me. Doesn't need much food and packs it on LOL!

See you all later,

Jeanette

Good morning!

Jeanette - I'm sitting here giggling at your remark with the livestock....me too. I'd be a good bovine.

Dh remarked this morning that he has almost taken off ten pounds since Christmas...the booger. I sure wish we could drop off weight like that so easily. (he doesn't workout or anything.) Well, actually he has been getting up the past three days and doing yoga. He did it for the first time on Tuesday when he got up early and during the stretching he said, I need to do this every day. So he has actually been asking for it every morning. All we have been doing is Rodney Yee's AM which is short and restful. I think I will take the portable dvd player with me to Sacramento so we can still do the yoga.

Anyhoo, yesterday I did Christi's Cardio Collectibles, but only the step portion. I knew that I was not totally up to the whole thing, plus I did the workout mid-day before lunch which effects my blood sugar sometimes. And it did, but not until the end.

Yesterday, I also did a foot bath detox. My massage therapist researched them and has started doing them. (she bought the equipment, etc.) It is actually pretty gross what comes out of your feet. It is also pretty amazing. Both DH and I are going to keep doing them for a while to see if there is any differences. I actually feel a bit more stuffy in the head today from my normal allergies. I felt the drainage last night during the foot bath, which was weird.

I'm going to be out of town the rest of today until Sat. Have some awesome workouts and even better days.!

As I'm posting this, Georgie is lying in my arms. He is in one of his loving moods -- hopefully it won't go into loving my arm, as he will sometimes do. He's still too young to take to the vet -- my husband thinks there might be a cat in heat that he's responding to or something. When he gets a little older...:eek:

It was CTX All Step today and then my new Low Impact beginner workout that actually did have me breaking a sweat. It's a good evening workout.

Yeah, I know -- I don't really like the evening workouts either, but they do really help me to keeop my weight in check.

Jeanette, you made me smile and laugh outloud with your comparison -- I think I'd qualify for that, as well. Gee, but it does seem that you have your workouts down and really going well.

Janie, oops I forgot about the black walnut and getting you that info. I don't have your email address so I'll try to do it through the Cathe network and then maybe we could email about it back and forth.

Rhea, have fun with your days off. That foot detox sounds great, actually. With all the pollutants (can't spell it) in our food, water and air, it seems we all need a detox now and again.

Okay so I'm off to bed again. Have a super day tomorrow and may your workouts be fun and thrilling.:7

Janie, I just sent you an email through the Cathe network. If you don't get it, let me know! :)

Good Evening,

Karen,
Thanks a bunch for sending me the info on Black walnut. Just like to know about herbs is all. They have always fascinated me. Would you like a sourdough culture? And if I send you one, I can send you on a site that has the best recipe and how to's ever. Your first bread will be out of this world. I know you eat a brand I can't pronounce, (it's in the bible)but making sourdough is great too. The site also shows you how to bake Whole Wheat bread as well. Just let me know.

Jeneatte,
When it snowed here it went rainy and wasn't able to go out in it. Got too slushy. It was just a mess because the temperature turned 40 all of a sudden and rained at the same time. Shoot.

Take care Rhea, and everyone, talk with you soon.

Janie

Good morning ladies,
Today was a new step DVD from Gay Gasper, Cardio Step Express. I like her cueing so far, the intensity is not up there, but once I can learn the steps, I can add another set of risers. I finished up with segment 1 of Coremax.

Janie, sourdough is good. Someone at work made sourdough pancakes and they were yummy. I rarely bake as if it's in the house, I'm tempted to eat too much.

Karen, I like All Step, all the instructions at the beginning. That Georgie is a sweetie, but will be better as a neutered cat. Hopefully, he doesn't do the spraying thing.

Rhea, your DH has done well with weight loss. I think if mine just gave up beer, he'd drop quite a bit. Not fair that they can lose like that. Hope you enjoyed Christi's Cardio Collectibles. Enjoy your trip. A foot detox? Please tell more and where would stuff come out of the foot????? I'm puzzled!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Jeanette

Hope you all had a terrific weekend. Janie, I would love a sourdough starter. But let's wait until I get home -- here in FL, I don't have an oven.x( But I would really like it. I love sourdough.

Jeanette, your workouts look wonderful.

Okay, so I have to think about his next week's rotation -- here's the plan:

Mon: IMAX2

Tues: Power Hour

Wed: Steady State Cardio - not sure which one right now

Thus: Cardio & Weights

Fri: Cardio only from 4DS Bootcamp

Sat: Bootcamp from Intensity Series

Sun: Off

Have a super day tomorrow, everyone!:7

Good morning,
Today was Pyramid Lower Body and will do abs tonite. Great workout. Don't think I've ever done the whole pyramid for this. My weigh in today was not good, though I've been pretty true to the plan. I'm going to cut back on my cardio, except for my bike riding, as more cardio is not cutting it. I'll be experimenting, but will not give up. I've just been so puffy lately and when I don't have the puffiness, I can see and feel the muscle. Aaaarghhh!

Karen, your rotation looks good. I had Bootcamp on the rotation for Saturday, but I rode my bike outside on Saturday and Sunday so didn't get it in.

Janie, ((((hugs)))) to you in your situation. Hoping you can find out what's up with your DH. Are you normally close with him? Has this been brewing? Anyway, know that we are behind you and thinking and praying for you.

Rhea, hope the weekend away was a good one. I'm planning on golfing down in Red Bluff this Saturday with Dave Amrein and his brother. Dave's a great friend of our family and introduced me to golf this summer. Temp is supposed to be 74 degrees there so I'll bring my sunscreen and shorts! Also have a massage and facial in Reno on Friday so a very nice 4 day weekend planned!

Got to run,

Jeanette

Good Mornin,

Anyone here can have some pieces of my sourdough culture. Anytime they want. Just need your address and I'll send it off. KK, whenever you are home, remind me again and I can send yours as well.

Jeanette,
Thank you for your concern and hugs my way. Nothing was brewing, it all happened so quickly. I hope to stay in touch with Joey's family. There is nothing else more I can do.

In the Open Discussion forum under "Venting" you'll find that I'm having a hard time right now, but hoping soon it will end on a positive note. It's just so sad for me at this time.

I'll start exercising soon again, but right now I'm not in the mood. I'm in self pity, and will get out of it very soon.

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.