KK - June Check-in

Rhea

Cathlete
Okay, here's the new month for us.

Like I said, yesterday was a work in the yard workout for me. Today I think I will be doing a bunch of cooking and such. Want to try a recipe for roasted red-pepper hummus. But I forgot to get red peppers yesterday at the store, so I think I have to go to the store again. Also forgot something to dip in the hummus.. lol. I really want to try the hummus since it is so full of good stuff for you.

I think there will be a 20 minute Jillian workout in my schedule today.

How are those b-day cakes Karen? I bet you are working, working, working.

Janie - have you finished off STS yet? How's that grandson doing?

Well, better run and get going, lots to do.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Good Evening!

Boy, have I been cooking, cooking and cooking. I've spent yesterday and today in the kitchen and I think I'm finally finished for a while. So much work to do in the kitchen.

So yes, one B-day today and one friend leaving. But from here on out I told my huband I'm not here. I gotta now do nothing BUT write. Deep breath.

Like you, Rhea, I'll be doing short workouts this week and probably for the rest of the month. Nothing today -- I was in the kitchen too much.

Thanks for starting the link, Rhea -- yeah, the other one was a bit long in the tooth.

Janie, hope all is going well with you.

Well, here's to a new day tomorrow and lots of production -- probably alot of hard work, too. Have a good one.:D

Good Evening!

Wow! Hard to believe it but I lost my post again. Gosh, how I dislike that.

Anyway, Rhea, thanks so much for starting the new thread. Like you I'll be doing short workouts as I am in the home stretch on this book and so little time to get it all done. Whew! I'm a little nervous. But short workouts -- told my DH that for all practical purposes, I'm not here this next month -- not for anything. Sigh.

Yeah, like you I was cooking and cooking and cooking both today and yesterday. Still doing it -- put a chicken in the crockpot to stew for broth.

Whew!

How was a hummus? I like that too.

Janie, how are things going for you? Hanging in there with your DH gone. I know how lonely that can be.

Well, have a super day everyone. Hope it's productive. :D

Okay, here's the new month for us.
Like I said, yesterday was a work in the yard workout for me. Today I think I will be doing a bunch of cooking and such. Want to try a recipe for roasted red-pepper hummus. But I forgot to get red peppers yesterday at the store, so I think I have to go to the store again. Also forgot something to dip in the hummus.. lol. I really want to try the hummus since it is so full of good stuff for you.
I think there will be a 20 minute Jillian workout in my schedule today.
How are those b-day cakes Karen? I bet you are working, working, working.
Janie - have you finished off STS yet? How's that grandson doing?
Rhea, Thank you for starting out the new month for us. Please give us the recipe for the red pepper hummus. I love eating vegies with hummus, but never tried red pepper in it. Is it hot or red bell peppers? I have a Jillian workout, should get it out sometime and try it, but it will be awhile yet. I'm not done with STS yet, still have a few weeks to go. Then when Joey comes home we'll do Meso 3 together. All our grandsons are doing great. This coming weekend I'll be taking care of Adrian. We all, including his parents, will be going to the zoo. Then the parents will go off and do some adult things while I take care of him for a couple of hours. I can't wait!:D

Boy, have I been cooking, cooking and cooking. I've spent yesterday and today in the kitchen and I think I'm finally finished for a while. So much work to do in the kitchen.
So yes, one B-day today and one friend leaving. But from here on out I told my huband I'm not here. I gotta now do nothing BUT write. Deep breath.
Janie, how are things going for you? Hanging in there with your DH gone. I know how lonely that can be.
Well, have a super day everyone. Hope it's productive. :D
KK, I bet with all that cooking, you can now concentrate on your book. I had no idea that writing a book, like you do, is so busy. Why can't they give you more time to finish one, instead of rushing so? Write your heart out and get it past ya and, enjoy the benefits from it. I'm missing my Joey, but getting things done, tossing things out, (without a watchful eye)...It will be great for him to come home. He'll be here around the 16th. But if I know my Joey, it will be a little sooner. He gets bored without me.LOL:D

I'll be doing Legs with the squat rack today and also will get out the legs curls for hamstrings and quads. This is disc 38 in Meso 3.

Take care you beautiful people,

Janie

Last edited:
Good evening!

Haven't made the hummus yet, since I did not go to the grocery store yesterday. But I'll make it tomorrow night when I get home from Reno. I have a class tomorrow, so it would be a waste to make it tonight. It is made with red roasted peppers, I'm assuming they are bell peppers. I'm going to skip putting in the tahini since that is just more oil. What I read about the hummus is that it is not necessary to make the hummus with the tahini, only if you like tahini. Since I don't know if I like tahini, I'll just skip it the first time.

Today I did Burn #1 and added on the Yoga Booty Ballet Cardio from the Hip Hop abs. It is such a fun little dance routine even though I feel like a total klutz most of the time.

Hope you are all doing well.

Good Evening!

Let's see it was 8 pages for me today -- not great production, as I need to do 12 a day -- but it's good for me, at least. Janie, they have their time tables and they have all this production staff and covers and artists and graphics and then sales pitching to bookstores, etc., etc. And so they don't like you to be late. My editor already put the due date back for me twice while I was in Florida and so I really want to make this one.

I wish I had another month, but it is what it is and so I have to work with it. Today was -- what was it -- oh, anaerobics only from 4DS Bootcamp. Not sure what tomorrow will be but it needs to be short.

Janie, enjoy, enjoy your time with your grandson. It'll be nice to give the parents a break, also.:) It's amazing to me that you're almost done with STS -- I thought it was a really long thing -- so many workouts.

Rhea, I can't imagine you being a klutz ever. Hip hop abs sounds really fun -- you seem to find this wonderful, fun workouts. That recipe does sound delicious.

Yeah, I was in the kitchen -- did I tell you that the cakes (and cupcakes) I made were along the lines of Eziekiel -- can't spell it -- I actually sprout the grains and then put 4 different grains and two beans together. The cake tasted a little off, but was okay -- and the icing made it not noticeable, but you know something, I gained no weight eating that cake -- was very filling.

Anyway, off to bed. Have a super day tomorrow, everyone!:D

Good Evening!

Just a quick check-in -- didn't get much done today -- some work -- 1/2 hour workout -- just checking in.

Hope tomorrow I get more done.

Have a super day!:)

Good evening!
Haven't made the hummus yet, since I did not go to the grocery store yesterday. But I'll make it tomorrow night when I get home from Reno. I have a class tomorrow, so it would be a waste to make it tonight. It is made with red roasted peppers, I'm assuming they are bell peppers. I'm going to skip putting in the tahini since that is just more oil. What I read about the hummus is that it is not necessary to make the hummus with the tahini, only if you like tahini. Since I don't know if I like tahini, I'll just skip it the first time.
Today I did Burn #1 and added on the Yoga Booty Ballet Cardio from the Hip Hop abs. It is such a fun little dance routine even though I feel like a total klutz most of the time.
Hope you are all doing well.
Rhea, Can't wait for that marvelous recipe of red pepper hummus. I don't need tahini in it either. Sounds like you are enjoying your workouts. What else have you been up to lately?

Let's see it was 8 pages for me today -- not great production, as I need to do 12 a day -- but it's good for me, at least. Janie, they have their time tables and they have all this production staff and covers and artists and graphics and then sales pitching to bookstores, etc., etc. And so they don't like you to be late. My editor already put the due date back for me twice while I was in Florida and so I really want to make this one.
I wish I had another month, but it is what it is and so I have to work with it. Today was -- what was it -- oh, anaerobics only from 4DS Bootcamp. Not sure what tomorrow will be but it needs to be short.
Janie, enjoy, enjoy your time with your grandson. It'll be nice to give the parents a break, also.:) It's amazing to me that you're almost done with STS -- I thought it was a really long thing -- so many workouts.
Yeah, I was in the kitchen -- did I tell you that the cakes (and cupcakes) I made were along the lines of Eziekiel -- can't spell it -- I actually sprout the grains and then put 4 different grains and two beans together. The cake tasted a little off, but was okay -- and the icing made it not noticeable, but you know something, I gained no weight eating that cake -- was very filling.
Just a quick check-in -- didn't get much done today -- some work -- 1/2 hour workout -- just checking in.
Hope tomorrow I get more done.
Have a super day!:)

KK, I think we need more people here in our little group. After you are not so busy, maybe we can invite some more people in? Just a thought. Looks like your book is coming along good. Great workout with 4DS Bootcamp. Let us know what tomorrow will bring ya. STS is long, 3 months long, it's taken me over 4 months to do it. When Joey gets back, we'll finish up on the last Meso together. Now that's the way to bake a cake, and not gain weight!:eek: Healthy is always good.

I got caught up in a game called Oblivion last night (after a day of chores) and it totally consumed me. I was playing that thing for hours, and just couldn't get off! Did a lot of rearranging with the house furniture, cleaning and getting rid of stuff. My arms are so sore from carrying and lifting, and my heart rate was high. That's when I sat down just to catch my breath and relaxed a little, so I decided to play Oblivion. Before I knew it, it was midnight!?!:confused:

Today is cardio for me.

Janie

Haven't been up to much else lately. Been sort of a hermit and been reading a lot. Weather has been rainy which makes me snuggle in....

Today was Burn #2. I got some new Yoga Booty Ballet dvds and can't wait to try them. They look like such a kick. There is a Go-Go one, a Latin one, a Bollywood one, a light and easy one, and I can't remember what the other one was called. I love the mix of yoga with cardio and some good abs. The two teachers have such a great attitude. Next week, I'll do mainly those workouts, but I don't know if I can wait...hehe.

Have a great rest of the day!

Good Evening!

Got my copy of the Collage catalogue today and I noticed that Bollywood DVD -- it looked interesting, especially considering that aren't almost the Bollywood movies musicals? With dancing? Anyway, Rhea, let us know how good it is.

Janie, I opened up the soap package today -- wow! Thank you! Thank you! As soon as I'm able I'm going to get you a review for your book, okay? I love it! Again, Wow!

Oh, I would love for there to be more people on this forum -- anyone is welcome to join (if there are any lurkers reading this). Would absolutely love for there to be more. More is always more fun, I think. We certainly don't have to wait for me to finish this book.

You know the last two weeks may be all nighters for me to get this done and in on time. Can you hear me panting?

Today was 1/2 of Bootcamp Intensity series -- one of my favorites and I've been putting in extra time in the evening to counter the tendency of the body to gain weight. Sigh.:confused:

Anyway, Janie, hope all is going well with you and Rhea, I love the idea of rainy days and curling up with books and such. Such pleasure.

Have a super day tomorrow everyone!:D

Haven't been up to much else lately. Been sort of a hermit and been reading a lot. Weather has been rainy which makes me snuggle in....
Today was Burn #2. I got some new Yoga Booty Ballet dvds and can't wait to try them. They look like such a kick. There is a Go-Go one, a Latin one, a Bollywood one, a light and easy one, and I can't remember what the other one was called. I love the mix of yoga with cardio and some good abs. The two teachers have such a great attitude. Next week, I'll do mainly those workouts, but I don't know if I can wait...hehe.
Have a great rest of the day!
Hi Rhea, Love to curl up with a good book on a rainy day. What are you reading? I want to try Yoga Booty Ballet DVD's. I should see if our library has any of them. They do sound like a fun factor.

Janie, I opened up the soap package today -- wow! Thank you! Thank you! As soon as I'm able I'm going to get you a review for your book, okay? I love it! Again, Wow!
Oh, I would love for there to be more people on this forum -- anyone is welcome to join (if there are any lurkers reading this). Would absolutely love for there to be more. More is always more fun, I think. We certainly don't have to wait for me to finish this book.
You know the last two weeks may be all nighters for me to get this done and in on time. Can you hear me panting?
Today was 1/2 of Bootcamp Intensity series -- one of my favorites and I've been putting in extra time in the evening to counter the tendency of the body to gain weight. Sigh.:confused:

Hi KK, I hope you like the soap too. When you are ready, no rush, a review would be great on the ones that are in plastic. The others are for your pleasure. Enjoy. Hope your next two weeks will be over in a jiffy for you. I can hear you panting.:confused: Bootcamp is tough. Good for you.

Yesterday all my piles of debris from my garden, I so carefully gathered about for easier pickup to take to the dump got strewn around by the storm that came in late afternoon. Now I have to do it all over again. Oh well. That will be my workout today.

Have a great weekend, I'll check every so often in case one or both of you left a message.

Janie

Well, today I did two workouts. Did the Burn Intervals and then added on the Boost your Metabolism Workout with Jillian Michaels. I'm pooped. I haven't done that long of workouts for a while. But it felt good and I burned off a lot of calories.

Janie - right now I'm enjoying the heck out of Janet Evanovich and the Stephanie Plum series. The characters are cracking me up. She has such a dysfunctional family and she can't seem to stay out of scrapes.

Well, off to rest and read a little while my body recovers.

Good Evening!

Today was the 2nd half of Bootcamp. Still doing the short workouts, and trying to write like mad. Right now, Janie, I'm using the moisturing soap and I really love it. Probably I'll send reviews on email as I use them so they're fresh in my mind.

Rhea, isn't Stephanie Plum lots of fun? Lois Greiman writes in the same sort of vein, also. That's great that you're really enjoying them.

Have a booksigning tomorrow and then home to write some more. Not sure what tomorrow will be -- maybe more anaerobics cause they're short. We'll see.

Have a super weekend, everyone! :D

Forgot one thing

Wanted to tell you that Georgie still has a real crush on my cat Kali. Again, unfortunately, his idea of courtship is chasing her, which she can't stand. But you should see the looks he gives her. When she's in the room, he can't take his eyes off her -- he even sings to her -- not that she likes it or that it's pretty. But he does sing to her.

It's so cute!:D

Well, today I did two workouts. Did the Burn Intervals and then added on the Boost your Metabolism Workout with Jillian Michaels. I'm pooped. I haven't done that long of workouts for a while. But it felt good and I burned off a lot of calories.
Janie - right now I'm enjoying the heck out of Janet Evanovich and the Stephanie Plum series. The characters are cracking me up. She has such a dysfunctional family and she can't seem to stay out of scrapes.
Well, off to rest and read a little while my body recovers.
Rhea, Great workouts as usual and two this time, wow. I bet you are pooped! I looked up Janet Evanovich and her books sound wonderful. Is it a series to be read in order?

Today was the 2nd half of Bootcamp. Still doing the short workouts, and trying to write like mad. Right now, Janie, I'm using the moisturing soap and I really love it. Probably I'll send reviews on email as I use them so they're fresh in my mind.
Have a booksigning tomorrow and then home to write some more. Not sure what tomorrow will be -- maybe more anaerobics cause they're short. We'll see.
Have a super weekend, everyone! :D
KK, I hurt my hand so I'm laying off the weight workouts for now. At least until Joey comes home. I was doing so good to.:( It's between my wrist and hand. I'm going to ice tonight and see what happens. It's been hurting me a few days now. I just can't lift weights without it hurting.

Wanted to tell you that Georgie still has a real crush on my cat Kali. Again, unfortunately, his idea of courtship is chasing her, which she can't stand. But you should see the looks he gives her. When she's in the room, he can't take his eyes off her -- he even sings to her -- not that she likes it or that it's pretty. But he does sing to her.
It's so cute!:D
A kitty singing? Oh, how cute is that? I bet it's such a hoot to watch him. He sounds like he might be in love!

Janie

Janie - you actually don't have to read them in order, I started out with #13. But I went back to number one and have been going through them in order. The relationships are much clearer if you go in order. Especially between Stephanie and her sometimes boyfriend the cop and the attraction she has for the bad-boy bounty hunter Ranger. Believe me, tough choices, hot cuban american bounty hunter or hot italian cop? Her predicaments are the funniest. She keeps getting her car blown up, burnt or stolen. Her grandmother Mazur is so feisty and loves to go to "viewings" as her evening entertainment (plus that is the way to get all the gossip for the neighborhood!) Anyhoo, they are enjoyable. I'm now on number eight.

KK - Georgie is so cute! He probably would love to have some attention from Kali. Mine have been spitting and fighting with each other lately. Terrible siblings, the mom even tries to break it up a couple of times. Actually, it can be entertaining, especially when the dogs are sitting there with their heads cocked, watching them.

Well, I guess I had better go get something done. I think the poochies want out. I see one staring at me down the hall. She's being very patient with me, watching and waggling her booty just a bit.

Good Morning Everyone,

I've been lacking getting on the computer, and the only excuse I have is: Busy? Yeah, busy. Time has got away from me again.

Will be going to the zoo today (getting ready now) with one of my grandchildren and his parents. Won't be back until late tonight. Will catch up with personnel's then.

See yas all later,

Janie

Janie - you actually don't have to read them in order, I started out with #13. But I went back to number one and have been going through them in order. The relationships are much clearer if you go in order. Especially between Stephanie and her sometimes boyfriend the cop and the attraction she has for the bad-boy bounty hunter Ranger. Believe me, tough choices, hot cuban american bounty hunter or hot italian cop? Her predicaments are the funniest. She keeps getting her car blown up, burnt or stolen. Her grandmother Mazur is so feisty and loves to go to "viewings" as her evening entertainment (plus that is the way to get all the gossip for the neighborhood!) Anyhoo, they are enjoyable. I'm now on number eight.
Well, I guess I had better go get something done. I think the poochies want out. I see one staring at me down the hall. She's being very patient with me, watching and waggling her booty just a bit.

Oooh, have fun at the zoo!
Rhea, I'm think when I start reading them, I'll also start from book 1 all the way through it. Arn't doggies beautiful and cute? Awe. I did have fun at the zoo, thank you. Can't use it as cardio though (darn).:rolleyes:

Tomorrow cardio. Have a great evening.

Janie

Good Evening!

I'm out here on my husband's computer -- for some reason my computer wouldn't pull up the Cathe site tonight -- my computer is still the old dial-up -- while my DH's is all fast and furious!

Janie, am so sorry that you hurt your hand, but you're wise to lay off it -- you might have pulled something somehow. Remember when I broke my hand? I also at the same time twisted it and pulled a ligament -- thank goodness the body's good at healing. Have fun with the cardio. Was it you who went to the zoo today?

Gosh, I haven't been to a zoo in ages. How was it?

Rhea, you sound so laid back. Yeah, the Stephanie Plum books are great -- so popular, too. Like I said, Lois Greiman also writes in the same vein and so if you finish those and want some more...

Today was my day off and it was really a work day for me -- lots of work in the house as well as writing.

Oh, Janie, I love these soups -- the one for dry skin is incredible and the moisturizing one is -- well, it's what I use when my hands are chapped. I bet your book is going to be outstanding.

Gotta get to bed now -- have a super day tomorrow!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.