ketTLEbells. wedNESday.

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!!!

WELCOME BACK RHONDA!!!!! :):):):):):)we missed you!!!

Marcy::: Yea! for almost being able to do
chaturanga all the way to the ground!

Gayle::: Hope workout B was good for you!

Jane::: How was the shopping?!

Melissa::: Have fun with whatever workout you do today! How's your butt today?;):)

Rhonda::: I'm glad to hear you are settled in!

waves to Nita!

bbl with my workout!
....still tired and having a hard time waking up so early!!! that extra week off really spoiled me!:p

Hi again

Today's workout was not so great. :(
I am still really tired and it definitely made an impact.....

http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

I may come home this afternoon and take a nap!!....we put my son on a new medication, and I am worried about it/him and I am not sleeping well.....

Have a great day gals, I will try to bbl!

Good Morning Everyone !

Marcy and Gayle - I am loving the Olympics too. I felt bad for Heil missing out on the first gold for Canada, but Hannah Kearny was simply amazing in that last run. Watching last night, I felt so bad for Lindsey on snowboard cross. The outdoor skiing, luge, boarding, etc., has my heart!

As far as snow, its not budging here and I've been taking advantage of the excellent xc skiing. Sort of makes me feel guilty because I put Insanity on hold since last Friday. In conjunction with skiing, I'm working on my kettlebell form using AOS and one from Pavel, called Enter the Kettlebell. Dumbells were easy compared to this!

Melissa - Yes I am married and my husband refuses to do anything indoors except old-school lifting (if that) but we're inseparable when it comes to mountainbiking or xc skiing. I kicked his butt Saturday and Sunday skiing...haha! He's so sore he said he can't engage his parking brake :eek:. I credit this to all my lovely indoor activities, and my two latest secrets, kettlebells and TRX. I think he is now more interested in what I do given my *un-sore* body.

Rhonda - I picked up saying "you all" from a good friend here (formerly of New Orleans). Its become a habit for me already, just like my "doncha" has rubbed off on her.

Deanie, maybe you are coming down with something, or maybe you should take a break? I feel this pressure to get out there before the tracks needed to be groomed again and I sure could use a day off. But wow is that hard to do right now.

Waves to Jane - Hope you have a good day!

Hey Rhonda! Glad you're back and gettin' back into a groove. :cool::)

Nita - Don't feel bad about taking advantage of the great skiing conditions! I do the same thing (downhill).

Deanie - That was an impressive workout for not feeling 100%. Those dice don't seem to give you a break! ;) I hope the new meds for your son work out. My niece is ADHD and I know anytime my sis and BIL did any kind of change with her medication, it was stressful.

I used less warm up sets last night and it was good. :D

Waves to Melissa, Marcy and Jane!

Sorry if this is rambling...

So, I'm absorbed my ETK book and using some ETK elements into my Starting Strength program. I'm continuing to use the TGU in my buy-in, and I also did some swings as a warm up for power cleans.

I also used Pavel's cue on the press to "push yourself away from the bar" instead of pushing the bar up, and it made a world of difference! Rip uses something similar on the DL where he says to imagine "pushing the bar away from he floor". It's amazing how visualizing a move differently completely changes the way you use tension...very cool.

Lastly, I used to sit down and be kinda slouchy between sets. Last night I tried to keep moving, did a little dancing around the room (spastic) :eek:, back bands, etc; and I felt a lot better on the work sets. Here are my stats:

Warm up: Limber up, TGU 3r/3l @ 12kg

Squat: 113# for 3x5
Press: 53# for 3x5 - The last rep of the last set was sketchy, but the rest were pretty strong.

Swings: 5x10 @ 16kg, rested 30-40 seconds between sets

Power clean: 73# for 3x3

Have WICKED Wednesday everyone!! (there's a New England-ism for ya') ;)

Yo (my New Jerseyism;))- kettlebell gals -

Nita::: I think just having the last week off, being able to wake up late, working out about 8:30-9am; and now having to wake up at 4:45 - is what is making me out of sync! I did check the calendar though, to see if it was TTOM soon, but no!:p glad you are enjoying your kettlebells.

Gayle::: Great workout! Looks like you went up in your squats!... I'm glad you are lovin' ETK! I constantly refer to it! When I first saw the price, I balked! But I really feel its worth every penny. Yes, my DS13 is ADHD and the Ritalin isn't working for him anymore, so we changed him to adderall, but I am so nervous about the side effects for him -although so far he hasn't any.... I don't like using my child as a guinea pig for what meds will work for him, because it could be a hit or miss until we find the right meds and dosage:confused:...plus, I made the mistake of reading the side effects and I really shouldn't have!!:eek:

We are really enjoying the Olympics too! we've been watching every night till about 9;30-10pm... We loved seeing Ohno win and Seth W. on the snowboarding thing:eek::confused: My boys even enjoyed the men's figure skating last night!

Waves to the rest of the gals!

RHONDA, YOU'RE BACK!!! :] WOOHOO!
I heard it snowed down in your neck of the woods - how did that go? :p

Gayle, that is so funny that you mentioned that about "pushing yourself away" because my presses didn't feel so hot today, so I consulted the book and I read just those words and got the "A-HA!" I needed. :)
If it would make you feel better, you can watch me dance - you will feel so great about being "spastic", trust me! :p

Nita, my DH is about the same - if he is going to "work out", it is going to be some manly weight-lifting, not some pansy whatever-it-is-that-I-do-workout. And I kick his butt at everything we have ever done together outdoors. ;)
And honestly, I don't think he's as impressed at my energy as he is at my body. He is motivated toward a totally different, um, asset than I have hoped when I share my progress with him. :rolleyes: Boys.
What are you working on from Enter the Kettlebell and AOS?

Marcy, I watched the clips of Lisa Nunsiella - WOAH! She is fast and my eyes couldn't keep up with her feet! I went ahead and did the Crunch w/o, but the one with Jennifer Galardi. She is super cute and I liked how she used her arms, too. The moves weren't intense like you said, but if I gotta start with baby steps if I wanna do some "real" moves later. ;)

Deanie, what's up with DS? What is he on meds for? ((((((HUGS)))))) I hope that everything is alright! Take your worry hat off, God's in control. :)

Jane, how are you feeling today? How is your mom

Got my cleans, presses and pull ups in 3x4. Then did 10 minutes of swings Whoot whoot! I struggled a little with my cleans, but I figured it out after I went back to read ETK. Tomorrow I am going to work on my swings because my forearms were BURNING again. Genetically I have weak forearms, anyways (thanks, Mom) but I'm workin' on it.

Please keep praying for my grandpa and my family. His kidneys have started shutting down because he has gone septic, and his body is just not getting the oxygen it needs. He has been on dialysis since this weekend, and he is still sedated on a venilator.

DD has a World Fair at school tonight. She is doing a booth on Kenya. I can't wait to see what it looks like put together - she has been working so hard on it! :)

See you all later!

Melissa

Yes, my DS13 is ADHD and the Ritalin isn't working for him anymore, so we changed him to adderall, but I am so nervous about the side effects for him -although so far he hasn't any.... I don't like using my child as a guinea pig for what meds will work for him, because it could be a hit or miss until we find the right meds and dosage:confused:...plus, I made the mistake of reading the side effects and I really shouldn't have!!:eek:

Okay, forget my questions to you in the last post. You should not think that reading side effects is a mistake!!! You must educate yourself on what is or could be going on with your son. I am surprised that the doctor didn't tell you about them - have you talked to his doctor about what you can do to ensure that the side effects are tamed down - assuming he gets any? Anyways, knowing what's going on or might happen will also help you explain to your son what he is feelng, so reading the side effects is a good thing! :) How long has he been on this current med?
more (((((HUGS)))))

Melissa

Melissa::: (((Hugs))) to you babe - for your grandpa!! I hope he is okay. Will you go and visit with him? (I know he's proud, but still....)

I hope your DD's booth at the fair is a hit!!:)

I know you are right about reading the side effects, but for me, it gives me more to worry about. I'd rather, if something were wrong, to then go consult the info and the dr. He has only been on this medication since Monday. He's been on ritalin for 3 years. No, the dr. didn't say anything about the side effects because he didn't think my son would have any, plus my son was in the room, and I wouldn't have wanted him to hear them, because he may freak out about them.

Nita/Melissa::: My DH is into the cardio stuff!! A couple of years ago we bought a spin bike and treadmill and he mostly uses those....he also likes my ropes! He did try the kettlebells once or twice, but it didn't click with him. He played soccer in high school and college and their routine was cardio based, so I think there is a comfort level there for him :)

Good Afternoon!

I did Tracy A's Post Pregnancy workout (minus arms) this morning. Her core work in this still challenges me and the short leg workout had my glutes burning. I really wanted to do her Dance Cardio but I couldn't get my head into learning the combos (I only did it once and she's not exactly the best cuer) so I put in Lisa's 5-Day Latin and did the Rumba which felt good and easy.

Evan Lysacek came in 2nd in the short program!:) Jeremy Abbott really screwed up. Johnny Weir is in 5th. Should be Johnny Weird! He's a strange one but a beautiful skater. He reminds me of Edward Scissorhands. We might get a gold after all.

Deanie - You should always read the side effects! I went through so many medications with DS. He's now about to turn 21 and has been off meds for about 5-6 years. He was on Cylert (when he was in 2nd grade but that one had bad effects on the liver so I stopped immediately). He was on Ritalin (methylpenidate) the longest and that seemed to work the best. We also tried Adderal, Strattera, Dexadrine which didn't work well at all. I think that's it. It was a constant battle. DS never liked how he felt on the meds and he's doing fine without them now. I admit it's not easy while they're in school and I had my hands full mornings and evenings. Does DS mind being on the meds? Does he complain? Has the Dr. adjusted the dosage as his weight has changed? Was he on the 12 hour Ritalin or did he have to take it twice a day? The 12 hour worked well for DS.

Glad your swings went well today!:)

Rhonda - WELCOME BACK! So good to see you! Let me know when you want to do a Shock Cardio.

Melissa - I will keep praying for Grandpa and your family. Yes, Lisa is very fast! But I love her! I have Jen Galardi's Fat Blasting Dance Party which is good. Originally found it on Fit TV. She's not as fast as Lisa. I'm looking to get her Ballet Body Workout. My forearms started to burn in ETK when I got up to 50 swings at a time.

Gayle - Great workout! You actually have me considering doing a little ETK again! Just considering. I'm having too much fun at the moment.

Waves to Jane and Nita!

Marcy

Hey Marcy! Thanks..... I don't think they make the 12 hr. ritalin anymore. I wish they did, because it works best for him. We had him on the 8hr, but his metabolism is so fast, it was only lasting about 5 hours. He told the dr by last period he could tell the med. was gone. He doesn't mind taking the meds, mostly because before he took them he was a C student, now he is on them, he is an A and sometimes B student in GT classes. Big Difference:D, we were all frustrated, because we knew he was smart, but he wasn't/couldn't do the work!.... plus he was failing math and as soon as he went on the meds he started getting B's!... so he gets it:) (thank goodness!:rolleyes:) and yes, mornings are BAD, but evenings vary, sometimes good, sometimes bad. So far, for the last 3 days he says it feels like the other meds and its okay.... also, this medicine seems to be lasting longer - into dinner time. so that's good too. Homework goes smoothly... I am hoping though, in the summer to take him off the meds, but the H part of his ADHD is a consideration, especially since he is a teenager...so DH and I are going to wait to make that call.

Have fun at dance class tonight!!!:)

Providence yesterday...hobbling today

Thanks for the welcome backs:).

I should have probably done rounds 1 and 2 and called it a day:p. I am so sore that I am looking at all stairs and trying to find alternate routes ( didn't work). I just did a segment of CS this morning and I will hit it tomorrow.

Deanie- Yo chica! I don't care what you think, you had a good workout this morning. Don't beat yourself up. Remember where you were last year this time. Definitely read the side effects and pay attention to your sons behavior. Also alert his teachers so they alert you to any behavior changes. Have you tried caffeine for DS? If they would have had Ritalin back in my day, I would have had a script. NowI just drink a Coke when I need to focus.

Nita- A workout is a workout. Skiling sounds fun. I have never been, but it is on my to do list. Enjoy the snow while you can.

Gayle- Nice Workout and hope you had a wicked Wednesday.

Melissa- Way 2 go with the 10 minutes of swings. It actually snowed for 24 hours straight. They cancelled school on Thursday ( wasted snow day) and Friday ( roads were bad). We had Monday off, so it was great. I chilled (pun intended) on the couch and watched movies. Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I will be praying for him. Hope all goes well for DD.

Marcy- Glad you had a good dance workout. Are you still doing your dance classes? I will let you know about Shock Cardio. I will try to start previewing them soon.

Jane- Hope all is well with you and yours.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.