kettlebells. tuesday.

Good Morning Ladies!

Today I did Latin Groove with Sherri Jacquelyn, an old CIA workout but fun! This was a mix of jazz, latin and hip-hop. I am by no means a hip-hop dancer but she broke things down quite well (although fast). She had a nice little pushup sequence at the end with different pushup variations and I actually had to go down to my knees for some. Didn't expect to be doing pushups today after yesterday's workout. Also did the Earth practice from Shiva's Daily Energy Flow - lots of chaturanga vinyasas (more pushups!) into warrior poses. I'm almost able to do chaturanga all the way to the ground.

Deanie - Looks like a fun workout! I don't hate burpees anymore but I guess it all depends on how many you wind up doing.

You'd never know it snowed here. Everything is melted.

Anyone watching the Olympics? I've mainly been watching the figure skating and a little bit of the skiing moguls. Looking forward to the freestyle skiing aerial competition.

BBL for personals.

Marcy

Howdy!

Deanie - Great workout! I love/hate that 10-1 rep scheme. :)

Marcy - I'm watching the Olympics! I love the winter games, especially the skiing. I was very psyched to see a VT chick win the mogul competition. :)

Waves hello to Melissa, Jane, Nita and Rhonda!

Tonight I'm doing workout B - squat, press, power clean.

Gayle, :cool: way to go VT chica!

Marcy, I was thinking about doing Crunch's Salsa w/o tomorrow morning to kick jump my morning... have you done that one? Is it any good? It is on Netflix's instant play right now.

Deanie, I love those ladders! It seems like once I hit "5" it takes no time to finish. Love that feeling!

I did the same workout I did last Tuesday - you know, the one that hurt my butt? I really loved it, the time just flew by. Here was the sequencing:
Tabatas:
Burpees (did about 6 per round! :D)
1 Legged Deadlift jumps
Mtn. Climbers
Flunges
Side Lunge touchdowns

I did at least 2 reps more per each round on everything except for the flunges, I think because I did it later in the workout.

Jane, how are your scrapes today? (((hugs!)))

Nita, how are you!!? :)

Rhonda, thinking about you and missing you!

Melissa

Melissa - Never did a 1-legged deadlift jump. Can you describe? Are you jumping on the same leg from a deadlift position, alternating legs? Looks like a fun Tabata!

Never did Crunch Salsa either. I saw the clip on Collage but it didn't look that great to me and I don't think it will do that much to kick jump your morning. I have to say Lisa Nunziella wakes me right up. She really gets you moving. Things go by so quickly you really have to pay attention. Crunch Salsa looked more like high low to me than salsa.

Jane - Hope your scrapes are all better. How'd you do shopping?

Waves to Nita, Rhonda, Gayle and Deanie!

Marcy

Marcy, on one leg bend down like you are doing a bent leg DL and then jump up hands to the sky (I touch the ground to make sure that I am in a deep enough position). Switch legs each 20 seconds of work. It is really awesome for the glutes, in fact I am pretty sure that this is the exercises that made my butt hurt so good last week.
Thanks for the heads up re: Crunch Salsa. I'll skip it. I'll do Tracy Anderson again with my mp3 player - it definitely gets my heart rate up. :)

Off to make some meat loaf! Have a great evening, everyone!

Melissa

HI EVERYBODY

How are ya'll (you know I'm Southern)? I am good. Settled in my new place and taking steps to move forward.

Just started back exercising yesterday. I did KM yesterday and today I did 2 segments of Classical Stretch and Providence 1-7. I have missed you and I am so glad to be back:D:D:D:D:D:D.

Deanie-Great workout this morning.

Marcy- Great workout. Now I have to go google chataraunga. We ended up missing 2 days of work due to snow. No complaints from me. We had a 5 day weekend.

Gayle- Hope you have a good workout this evening.

Melissa- Thanks! Do you have any other good suggestions for Netflix? I am watching New York, I love you...I think that is the title. It is a series of shorts.

Thanks for all the kindness. Waves to Jane and Nita.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.